It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I (a black woman) left the Democratic Party

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Just because the republican party supported blacks decades ago doesn't mean they cannot be held to account for their policies and philosophies that they hold today. As the election campaign kicks into high gear we will see more and more subtle (and not so subtle) racist attacks and policies come from the Romney team.

Remember the hate rallies that dominated that McCain-Palin campaign? I fear those will pale in comparison to what is about to come. Any thought that Romney will help the black community or ease any race tentions in America is delusional.

All that being said, Obama has a deplorable record when it comes to African Americans. He has not addressed the blatant racism which exists in the American judicial system at all. I find it difficult to despise him as much as I do Romney, but deep down I know both are corporatist political machines who's main goal is to perpetuate the current system.

In the stolen 1876 election, Republicans made a deal with southern Democrats - all black civil rights were erased, in return for allowing Republican Hayes to be President. Civil Rights did not advance for blacks, until Democrat FDR made a coalition that included poor southern blacks and poor southern whites.

Democrat Truman integrated the Armed Forces.

Robert Kennedy made the push for the 1960s civil rights successful. He persuaded JFK it was an important issue that had to be pursued. LBJ made the legislation happen, twisting arms in Congress. LBJ stated Democrats had lost the south for a generation by doing so. It is true many Republicans voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act. However, only moderate Republicans did so. Conservative Republicans lined up against it, including Senator Barry Goldwater.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
reply to post by Phenomium

Do you feel like people just ignore us "conspiracy theorists"? Do you feel like our posts don't matter because we're not discussing Republicans VS Democrats? Do you feel like our posts are dismissed as "crackpot"?

Really, what are you people thinking when you ignore us?
edit on 17-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

I realize these are all rhetorical questions, but to what end? These questions don't seem to apply to the paradigm or the context that my previous message was structured under. In essence, I have no clue what you mean?

I basically said, in short, that the democrat vs. Republican thing was a divide and conquer scheme that worked effectively and gave proof (a couple of examples anyway) right from the mouths of the International Bankers/political leaders.

Then you retort with several comments about our posts not mattering and people ignoring us??
I did mention something about maybe we shouldn't vote anymore but WTH are YOU talking about??

Do I feel like our posts are dismissed as "crackpot" entires?? This is a conspiracy site full of posts where people say they are gorded by aliens and are kings from the 11th parallel that just stop by to write to us.
My answer is an emphatic YES!

Our entries are indeed, blown off as crackpot entries and always have been, but what any of these questions had to do with my previous post, is probably the most arcane mystery of all on ATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
I basically said, in short, that the democrat vs. Republican thing was a divide and conquer scheme that worked effectively

Yup, and I'm saying, no one seems to care. How does that make you feel?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

My mind is blown by this thread. BLOWN! And the touting the "Im a black woman and I..." line. Man o Manatee! Hell I am a successful entrepreneur...melanin enhanced to boot...and I don't trust any aspect of this broken system as far as I can throw it. I am really at a loss reading Butter Cookie's posts simply because they sound like those of a well versed robot. And while there may be plenty of research done on the political angle...the reality angle is severely lacking. Black people being encouraged to fill out welfare apps as opposed to College applications...pfft! Even the meanest inner city schools have college fairs. Mugs are watchin Precious and using it to profile folks, lmao. Smh@ people rooting for their respective teams in a stadium that is collapsing. Hey...maybe they should put that in a movie....oh wait.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I agree both parties have their good and bad points as you clearly explained. This is exactly why the party system doesn't allow candidates from either party to express their true beliefs on the issue facing our country. It's either black or white and no grey area.

The moment a candidate expresses opposite views of their party, or believes in drastic changes that don't follow the status quo, they're ostracized. The large PAC money shows no interest in supporting them, republican leaders and democratic leaders criticize their ideas and label them as not a true conservative or liberal, and the media ignores their issues.

Until this country abolishes the two party system, eliminates corporate and special interest financing and influence, will we ever have free thinking candidates and ideas that encompass the good points of both parties.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think the op is white.

This is just a tactic.

I mean who tells a story and throws in "girl..."

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
I think the op is white.

This is just a tactic.

I would, because that's how I talk in casual settings, as most southern women do.

Again, lets say I am torquoise with pink poka dots and burgundy stripes - address my points made that you have an issue with.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank God you have woken up. I have been saying this to friends, family, and acquaintances for years. Usually they look at me like I have three heads. I first learned the origins of the Democratic party many years ago from a relative I only remember as "Poppy". He was in North Carolina. He is the first one to open my eyes to the true history of the democratic party. He is the first one to tell me how they formed the KKK in the south to scare Southern Blacks into voting for democratic candidates. He was very old then, when I first met him. This was back in the late 80's or early 90's. I honestly can't remember now. My memory is rather bad, especially as to time, and when things I can still remember happened. But that is a whole other story. "Poppy" was a relative on my wife's side, some of her in laws were from North Carolina, and we visited down there several times. "Poppy's" place was on the way, and we always stopped to rest, have a chat, and drink some iced tea or coffee. Yes Poppy was a black man. And I respected him, and his opinions very much. I learned a lot from him in those days. Poppy was married to a white woman, my wife's relative. And yes I am white, though that makes no real difference. People are people, no matter where they come from, or their particular shade. Poppy was a friend and a relative, I always looked forward to seeing him on our travels. He was a young man when the KKK first appeared. And he knew from where they came, even then. So he always lectured me on "being a democrat" and what that really meant to him. He was a hard core Republican, always. Because he always told me, the democrats were just "trying to keep the black man in his place". I have always believed this. And I would say history proves this out. By the way, I am not a Republican either. I truly have no faith in either party, as I believe they are just two heads of the same coin. Anyway, my two cents. Impressed by you, and your insights, and your guts. I wish you all the best, in your future endeavors...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess i dont believe you.

It isnt normal for people to communicate that way.

It is stereotypical.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I guess i dont believe you.

It isnt normal for people to communicate that way.

It is stereotypical.

Let's pretend that I erased the word 'girl', since no one on the planet could ever talk that way.

Now is it easier for you to actually make a comment regarding the other 99.7 % of the OP?

I am actually interested in what you have to say.....bam! You got me...I am orange with yellow stripes and a pink ribbon tied around my forehead...can you point out an agreement or disagreement in this thread??

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I think the op is white.

This is just a tactic.

Better yet, why don't you take a tour down memory lane here on ATS and go to my profile, registered 3 years ago...an then also, take a look at threads and comments made way back then. (I have definitely mentioned my race several times through the years, with reason)

Soon as you find the evidence that I am white, post it for all of ATS to see

edit on 17-6-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Who are your main PoliSci influences?

What elected Republicans in the last few years really speak to you as a black woman?

Do you feel that the majority voice of the GOP is a cohesive sentiment trying to bridge gaps along racial divisions?

How do you feel about the GOP redrawing districts along racial lines and how do you reconcile this blatant racism into your philosophy?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No. It seems critical to your argument that you are african american.

I think you are just playing on the idea that you could exploit others prejudice by pretending to be black.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by LDragonFire

You served 8 years in the military, your location says Memphis a Red/ republican state, so you think your entitled to welfare and section 8 and food stamps that are designed to help the poor and your upset that you don't qualify. So now your a Republican, so I assume you think they will help you qualify?

This is a Clear example of people voting Republican when it doesn't serve there best interests. Don't you think being in a Red state that there would be plenty of jobs? they can't really blame the Democrats can they?

Tennessee is a red state, but Memphis is a blue city.

I do not feel 'entitled' to anything. I was simply saying that if the Federal gov't is going to help citizens, why would treat its veterans worse than its welfare population?

Again, republican ideology is not "No Welfare Ever"...it is "Welfare for a Time".

I think the vast majority of major cities are blue.

Thanks cookie for your service. Good job on pursuing education. I screwed up that whole GI Bill thing....never finished, "wasn't ready for civilian life" is the lame excuse I still claim. Thanks for sharing your take on things.

Thank you!!

Yes, most major cities are mainly blue; they also happen to coincide with high poverty, unemployment, and crime.

I first used my GI bill overseas, way back before I even understood the true importance of higher education. I will motivate you!! Go on back to school...I will motivate you!!

I'm kinda beyond that thankfully. I was able to set things aright without a degree; in one of those positions that requires a BS or x-amount of years experience, and I've got darn near 20 in this field. College maybe one day when the kids are off on their own. I'd probably consider a Cisco certification boot camp instead.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Originally posted by Phenomium
I basically said, in short, that the democrat vs. Republican thing was a divide and conquer scheme that worked effectively

Yup, and I'm saying, no one seems to care. How does that make you feel?

Although, I don't really "feel" anything at all, I do harbor a liberal amount of pity for someone who would take a considerable amount of time and effort to respond to my posts with inquiries of an inapplicable nature and then ask how I feel about it?

I guess I am a bit perplexed, although I am certain that being perplexed is more of a cognitive function, as opposed to a feeling, I am no bully and do consider the needs of the intellectually challenged that feel that they must behave in such a curious manner to feel special, while others would point out their equanimity.

You'll be alright.
Besides, you're the only one crying here, just because YOU speak, doesn't appoint you the representative for everyone here. This is your opinion only and I am guessing no one cares about that either.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Who are your main PoliSci influences?

What elected Republicans in the last few years really speak to you as a black woman?

Do you feel that the majority voice of the GOP is a cohesive sentiment trying to bridge gaps along racial divisions?

How do you feel about the GOP redrawing districts along racial lines and how do you reconcile this blatant racism into your philosophy?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

1. Not a lot of political sciences, since I have only recently started to understand politics. In fact, I have preferred performing unbiased research of political science and make my own conclusions, based on the evidence (by the way, I am Pre-Law). i don't need 'influences'...I actually know how to read.

2. Honestly in the last few years, no GOP official spoke out to me; but that's because I wasn't listening. I was still blindly married to the Democratic Party

3. Certainly. It has been proven that the GOP voice has done countless of deeds to try to bridge racial gaps, such as:

enacted the 13th,14th, and 15th amendment amidst angry whites who wanted to uphold the status quo (those amendments abolished and continues to prohibit slavery, applied Due Process and the Equal Protection clause to blacks, and gave blacks the right to vote)......Not to mention they ended the band of the KKK, pushed for and enacted Civil Rights and fought to end segregation.

4. I don't believe the redrawing of district is racial at all, as the Democratic party loves to assert (boy, Dems can't live without 'racism'). This redrawing is done so that each district is equal in population size based on the decennial census data....or what the Dems refer to as RACISM.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

No. It seems critical to your argument that you are african american.

I think you are just playing on the idea that you could exploit others prejudice by pretending to be black.

Honestly, (and out of respect) please quit trying making a huge deal as what my race is in your many failed attempts to derail this thread.

I am black. I am not going to send you a picture just that. Please stay on topic about blacks leaving the Democratic Party in general or troll another thread. I hope the mods make a comment to you.

Is it more intimidating to you that I am black??

(Geesh....wow
)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Honestly, not to be rude or anything, but voting for and against parties because what they did during the times of slavery is a purely outrageous idea. Not only that but since you are registered on this site you should know by now that republicans and democrats are both evil and are both two sides of the same thing, it's just democrats are the lesser evil. If I voted I would definitely vote libertarian.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Even though higher education/ skills have proven to be a great way to eventually escape poverty, most blacks have tended to frown upon it , claiming that such people are 'flying too high and trying to be 'white'

So it's not the Democrats "keeping Blacks on the plantation", they chose of their own volition to be lowlifes. The OP is completely wrong, thank you for clarifying that

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aprofessionalRussian

Honestly, not to be rude or anything, but voting for and against parties because what they did during the times of slavery is a purely outrageous idea. Not only that but since you are registered on this site you should know by now that republicans and democrats are both evil and are both two sides of the same thing, it's just democrats are the lesser evil. If I voted I would definitely vote libertarian.

I am not voting on history, I am voting for present and mainly for the future.

I merely used the history as a way to examine each party's true ideology.

I am curious to know why no liberal has made any comment to their party's racist history? Why they haven't commented about their party's close affiliation with the Klu Klux Klan, and why their party fought hard to block Civil Rights?

Noooo...instead, they make silly comments regarding what color I am.

Typical race-baiting,

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join