It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the book of symbols

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know where this subject actually belongs, so I thought this part of the forum might be the right place.

Today I bought this book: Het boek der symbolen, which is Dutch for: The book of symbols.

Front cover:

It is actually a quite handy and trusty studybook for those who are interested in ancient or modern symbols and their meanings.

I would like to share this kind of stuff because it can provide people on this board with usefull and clear information, the book is also available in English, right here: Link

I hope you all have something good with this and that it will help you in your quest for better understanding.
edit on 16-6-2012 by yougetwhatyoudeserve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Greatd book!
BTW: ISBN: 3836514486

Visual artists and painters would definitely enjoy this!

The publisher; ARAS - (The Archive for Research in Archetypal Symbolism), is an interesting organization run by Joseph L. Henderson who wrote the essay "Ancient Myths and Modern Man" in Carl Gustav Jung's post mortem book "Man and His Symbols" (1968).

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I also recommend this little book called "symbols" which is more of a compact size, also it is pretty compact and easy in it's writing style.

Symbols on amazon

Good luck !

new topics

join