It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emerald Tablets and The Great Pyramid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary
reply to post by Hanslune

in regards to the great pyramids, isnt it already accepted that they actually buried the pharoahs who built them elsewhere?

If they did there burials have never been found, its accepted that the pyramids were the places of burial - which is why the mortuary temples were there

i thought the valley of the kings was where most had been buried. of course with such a long history as a civilization threre might have been many places like the valley.

Much later on in AE history starting circa 1550 BC I believe, after seeing that the pyramid's were looted by foreigners and their own people during times of trouble the priest tried a new plan, burying them underneath a pyramid shaped mountain - that in the most part didn't work that well either!

i have always been interested in ancient civilizations but i freely admit that egypt was never high on my list (not sure why).

Yep I always found the AE religion off putting, I preferred the lesser civilizations of the bronze age middle east

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

in regards to the great pyramids, isnt it already accepted that they actually buried the pharoahs who built them elsewhere?
i thought the valley of the kings was where most had been buried. of course with such a long history as a civilization threre might have been many places like the valley.
i have always been interested in ancient civilizations but i freely admit that egypt was never high on my list (not sure why).

Han is by no way an authority . He seems to have trouble defining the lines between belief, fact and theory.

The pyramids is BELIEVED by some to have built as a tomb. This is not a fact. There is little evidence to support it. ("little" - means small amount). While there is vast amounts of data that suggests that it was not built as a tomb as most of you feel as well. So keep searching and exploring and dont let pseudo archaeologists tell you what theory they believe in is fact.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

If they did there burials have never been found, its accepted that the pyramids were the places of burial - which is why the mortuary temples were there

You got some sources that support that theory? So your saying the pyramids were the places of burials, explain. links would help to other sources who subscribe to this theory.

Much later on in AE history starting circa 1550 BC I believe, after seeing that the pyramid's were looted by foreigners and their own people during times of trouble the priest tried a new plan, burying them underneath a pyramid shaped mountain - that in the most part didn't work that well either!

Is that what you believe? We will try forget all the interesting facts of the pyramid builders incorporating sophisticated math, sciences, astronomy, and engineering was just an accidental byproduct of building 6 pyramids as the worlds largest coffins just for you han.

Yep I always found the AE religion off putting, I preferred the lesser civilizations of the bronze age middle east

A true scholar is not 'off put' by ancient information no matter what his views are of religion.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Still waiting. Sources are a good thing. Forming your own opinions is great too. IF you are going to answer with your version of some others webpage, save the trouble and link the webpage,

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

i am facinated by the emerald tablets. but i always wonder how accurate the translations are from the original text to modern language. we as humans tend to project what we want into things how do we know this hasn't happened with the emerald tablets?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join