It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Halal Meat Process Equate To Devil Worship?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok I know I might get flames for this
But let's talk about it

Halal Meat, cutting a living creature VERY SLOWLY while saying prayers
Killing an animal so slow is torture is it not?

If you say prayers as a religious process while torturing a living creature are you praying to the man upstairs or the man downstairs?

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

i heard, that the knife must be very sharp by the rules, so the animal suffers less pain. i don't think it is devil worship, because in the old testament there are similar cruel things. some people say though the abrahamic god is the devil, but who knows ?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i heard, that the knife must be very sharp by the rules, so the animal suffers less pain.

The sharp knife is because of blood
and less pain then what?
Less pain than worse torture? It's still torture

Originally posted by icepack
i don't think it is devil worship, because in the old testament there are similar cruel things.

How does that justify it?

That's like saying NY crimes aren't that bad as there's also crimes in Chicago.
edit on 16-6-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

This must be one of the worst constructed pieces of logic I have seen in a while.

Halal is in many ways more respectful to the animal than "our" mechanised factories of torture. Each animal must be slaughtered individually with a single cut of the knife. I do not think it says anywhere it must be a slow cut.

The prayers are offering thanks for the bounty they take, a sign of respect.

Are you for real?

Halal slaughter

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

no, i was saying, if you say this "ritual" is devil worshipping, then you are saying, that christian and jews are also devil worshippers. jews and christian do sacrifice animals, too. only the modern, industrialised killing of animals has the numbing before the killing.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Halal slaughter is cleaner, more efficient and the animal feels very little pain. It isnt slow, its a swift cut normally to an artory that bleeds them out in under a minute.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Halal is in many ways more respectful to the animal than "our" mechanised factories of torture. Each animal must be slaughtered individually with a single cut of the knife. I do not think it says anywhere it must be a slow cut.

You may know more of your process but you are obsessed with duality
Being obsessed with duality is not a grounds from which you form strong logic
Theirs is not that bad because I believe ours is worse is NOT an argument

The prayers are offering thanks for the bounty they take, a sign of respect.

What islam says the purpose is is irrelevant
It's still torture

Are you for real?

I am, are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Where are you getting your info about Halaal from?

The part about the animal being alive before it is killed is pretty obvious. It means you cant have old, dead meat laying around that you then process after the fact. It is a very practical way to ensure freshness and quality. Halaal also requires a quick death for the animal, unlike modern western slaughterhouses.

And unless you are a vegan who grows all your own food, your food also contributes to animal 'torture'.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
Halal slaughter is cleaner, more efficient and the animal feels very little pain. It isnt slow, its a swift cut normally to an artory that bleeds them out in under a minute.

Firstly many animals that are to be "halal'ed" are put in confined areas and left to starve for many days to clean out their stomach.
What would you call animal starvation as a process?

After that some animals are put in a conveyer belt and electro-stunned, sometimes many times

And then...... OMG
forget it
You know what, read the entire process by a halal slaughterer yourself and judge
veegannn.tumblr.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You know what, read the entire process by a halal slaughterer yourself and judge
veegannn.tumblr.com...

Ah, yes, a vegan animal rights blog.

So, you're a vegan?

Are you as opposed to 'regular' slaughterhouses as you are to Muslim ones?

Just wondering if your criticism is anti-meat, or just anti-muslim.

edit on 16-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

you are right, sacrificing animals is cruel. but i have to disagree with your methods of demonizing the muslim culture in a populistic way.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

are you really here to argue about , Halal , or are you here to pop off a religious debate ? it seems like a weak attempt to show the ATS crow how "evil Islam is " your already coming of as argumentative, And do you really believe it';s devil worship ? really ? when the whole process their is a prayer that mentions "gods" name , countless times , their is no room for innocent ignorance , you have been here since 2007 , i am sure you are aware this this thread is Rubbish!
savvy?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A vegan blog to explain Halal preparation? Seriously?

Nope, no slanted agenda there.

I'd say Halal is probably better than how we slaughter our animals for food. I remember my dad telling me about him working in a slaughterhouse in college and hitting cows between the eyes with a sledgehammer to kill them. My grampa used to hold a pig and talk to it then slice it's throat. When we raised chickens i used to wring their necks. A hook in the mouth of a fish probably doesn't feel all that great to it either. Or swallowing the bait and hook, that's a nice slow death.

People kill animals and people eat. I have a nice pork roast cooking low and slow in the crockpot as i type this...NOM! NOM! NOM!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

So, you're a vegan?

Ah an ATS member post
You must be a conspiracy theorist
I shall only attack the website on which you post rather than information.... because that's just the way I am...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
are you really here to argue about , Halal , or are you here to pop off a religious debate ? it seems like a weak attempt to show the ATS crow how "evil Islam is "

Please check my thread history
I am one of the most outspoken anti-war member on this website

who are you voting for?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

This method of slaughtering animals consists of a swift, deep incision with a sharp knife on the neck, cutting the jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact. It must be done with respect and compassion; avoiding as much as possible any animal pain or discomfort.

Source

Get your facts straight before you post a hate thread...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sounds frighteningly like the old testament version of sacrificial altars.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

are you really here to argue about , Halal , or are you here to pop off a religious debate ? it seems like a weak attempt to show the ATS crow how "evil Islam is "

who are you voting for?

What does your response have to do with his?

He pointed out your motivation is likely 'anti-muslim', not 'pro-war'.

Talk abut a straw man.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

who are you voting for?

At what point did I say anything about the war ? Good to see that you equate Islam and the war ? Let's try and focus on the topic . Oh one more thing . Where was a vote ever cast ? And about what ? . But if " your " excepting votes then ill bid on you ......... Old wise one

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

So, you're a vegan?

Ah an ATS member post
You must be a conspiracy theorist
I shall only attack the website on which you post rather than information.... because that's just the way I am...

Do you notice you didnt answer either of my questions.

Want to try again?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join