The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

I would like to request a disqualification.

This topic is taboo and we are not allowed to discuss it on ATS.

Apparently you do not know the in's and out's of ATS as well as you think you do.

Incorrect. We are allowed to talk about marijuana and there has even been a forum for such discussion.We are allowed to offer our opinions on legalization.We are not allowed to talk about personal usage and you will find that I did no such thing. The reason that forum got closed down was because people would not stop talking about personal use of illegal drugs.

Nice try, but it seems it is you are the one who is not so well versed in the Ins and outs of ATS.

Feel free to run it by the current staff and admin, if you disagree.

Again, ladies and gentleman, I was a moderator here for two years. I was a proud member of the ATS press corp, I was on ATS live as a commentator, during my time as a mod, I am a proud writer and I am well versed in the T&C and am a proud member for four and a half years now. I am a great representative for the members of ATS and I am proud to be running for the spot of ATS Regent

Peace and love.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I would like to request a disqualification.

This topic is taboo and we are not allowed to discuss it on ATS.

Apparently you do not know the in's and out's of ATS as well as you think you do.

I think in the context of a political debate his point should be allowed. He does not advocate the use of controlled substances, he merely points out the legal and economic inconsistency of the current legislation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh dear .......News Flash

Do we really want a drug smuggler as our Regent?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh dear .......New Flash.

Another miscalculation! You have just handed gimme_some_truth the Galactic Federation of Light demographic! Now we're both falling behind.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Galactic Federation of Light

Another taboo topic

This election is breaking all the rules.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Okay, this is a continuation of my platform and where I stand on the issues. This part will touch more on national issues of my own country ( USA) rather than the international community, but I feel it is important to share where I stand on them, none the less.

Jumping right back into it.

Oil: Simply put, the US is far too dependent on foreign oil. It is high time that we start researching and investing in alternative fuel sources. We need to do this in order to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. Let's face it, Gas and oil are expensive. We stand around ticking off other countries who control oil and we wonder why we have to pay 4 prices for gas and oil.

They have us by a strangle hold, with oil, and they know it. Let's break from from this hold. First, we should start out by allowing offshore drilling. Immediately reducing our dependence on foreign oil, greatly. While we are drilling offshore and tapping into our own, waiting resources, this would be a great time to increase research and development of new alternative sources that would be healthier for us all and better four our environment.

Oil is the energy source of the past and it is high time we start looking into the future and move forward into cleaner, more efficient energy sources.

Healthcare This is a an issue that is going strong here in the US and I feel I should address where I stand on this issue. Let's face it. our healthcare system is broken. It does work well, as long as you have the money to pay for it.

But in this struggling economy, people no longer have the money to pay for expensive doctors, tests and treatments. They cannot pay for insurance either. For the solution, I think we should look at medical care in other countries, in Europe for example.

I don't know that a perfect medical system exists...But in these countries, at least people are able to go to a doctor and receive treatment. It may take long times, in waiting rooms to say, get your medicines for example,but, that is better than the no healthcare, millions of Americans are receiving because they cannot afford it.

We should examine paying for medical treatment through taxes. And no, it does not have to be exactly like things are in say...France... We have different economic and other such issues to worry about... But we should look at countries that have socialized healthcare( Yes, I used the S word) study it and see if we can apply it to our great nation, tweaking it to fit our medial needs, appropriately.

I admit, I may or may not stand on the popular side of that one, but that is where I stand.

Abortion: Tough one for lots of people. This is a very controversial subject. But where I stand on this is simple. While, personally I am against abortion, I do believe that a woman has the right to choose whether she has an abortion or not.

I do think that the woman should discuss the decision with the father, and they should come to a conclusion together, but ultimately, government should have no say in whether a woman gets an abortion or not.

There are many questions that can come into play. What if she was raped? Why not give the baby up for adoption? But again, it should not be up to anyone other than the mother and father, whether they abort or not. I do not like abortion and would not be in favor of it if my spouse wanted one, but, I am not going to force my will onto other people.

I am pro-choice on this issue.

That is where I stand. Popular or not. Okay, for now, I will leave it at this and give others a chance to show where they stand on the issues. I welcome questions you may have about where I stand on any of the issues I have listed so far and any that I may not have discussed yet.

I thank you all for hearing me out.

Peace and love.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I am pro-choice on this issue.

OMG......you murderer

and he admits it even.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Oh dear .......News Flash

That is a very cute fake newsletter you made up. But I must say, be careful. It is against the T&C to post knowingly false info here on ATS.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

I don't mind if you attack me, but if you are going to do so, be honest about it. The fact that you have to resort to breaking the rules of the T&C, create lies and false accusations to attack me, suggests that, perhaps you are unable to defend your own stance on the issues...

Ladies and gentleman, I wish to state that you will not see dishonesty and false accusations from me. Who do you want as your ATS regent? A person who stands up for what he believes in, is honest, civil and intelligent? Or a person that has to resort to dishonesty and lies?

I will continue to build myself up as a candidate and I refuse to stoop to dishonesty in a weak attempt to discredit other candidates.

This shows once again, that I do know the ins and outs of ATS and that I am a wonderful representative of the people. This continues to show my honesty, integrity and civility.My record stands in my favor, ladies and gentleman.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My stance on all the issues is clear.

It remains consistent across the entire board.

Put it to a vote.

The voice of the people shall be the law of the land.

My personal opinions do not matter.

edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Are you formally requesting a retraction?

If so I will double check my sources as to their accuracy.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I've a question for you. Are you Pro-Choice or Pro-Life? Why?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It seems you are running on a very liberal platform, yet are espousing an Independent Party. I'll respond to your statements.

Marriage: I stand firm in stating that marriage is something that takes places between two consenting adults who love each other.

I cannot disagree. The governing body should have no right to dictate anyone's rights, especially concerning marriage and legal benefits. Marriage to any gender should be an unalienable right, but due to the religious beliefs that created the current system, many people are denied that basic liberty.

Marijuana Legalization: should Marijuana be made legal?

Barring an infraction of the T&Cs, I will briefly address this issue. Decriminalized, yes, legalized, no. As with any medication, prescribed by your physician, there should be a process involved. Your prescription should contain a legitimate reason for issuance, a chronic infirmity, and guidelines need to be followed.

War: I think in this day and age, warfare has changed and we all need to change with it.

I abhor war. It's a senseless destruction of life and resources. While being able to envision a planet with no wars, I must concede that there are wars with little justification. Here, I have arrived at an ideal between solving the reasons for war and reducing worldwide military resources. The current economy can't support a militaristic super power, nor is such justified.

(Question to Beezzer: Is this an ideal election or a realistic one?)

Ideally, I will enact legislation to cut funding for wasteful military projects, and instead of building one 23 million dollar jet fighter, I will re-budget that money towards renewable energy sources.

Realistically, I will enact legislation that requires any military operations to be approved by a consensus of the people by online polling. Please feel free to ask specific questions regarding this position of my party's platform.

Gun rights: Not every country has the right to bear arms.

Guns are property. No government should interfere in the right to obtain property. However, if the person owning guns harms another individual, except in cases of self defense, they should forfeit their right. Guns, as written, are intended to preserve property, and infringement of that right justifies gun usage. People who own guns remain responsible, or lose the right to own them. There are several specific new laws that need enacted.

Several additional areas need addressed as well:

The Economy.

Foreign Policy.

World Trade.

As another candidate, I request that you portray your stance on those subjects as well.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Are you formally requesting a retraction?

If so I will double check my sources as to their accuracy.

What I am doing is pointing out your dishonesty and willingness to post lies and false accusations.

Ladies and gentleman, you will not get lies and dishonesty from me. As you have gotten from me since day one you will get honesty, integrity and civility.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

As I stated before, personal opinions have no place in politics.

You are supposed to represent the will of the people.

I would prefer to allow the general public to vote on the issues and let them decide.

Your attempts to inject your personal opinions into the debate only goes to show what a self centered ego maniac type personality you have.

You will most likely veto the will of the people if it doesn't agree with your own views.

See for yourself people .......... If you want a hypocrite and control freak as your regent. Then by all means vote for gimme_some_truth.

If you want a Regent that will respect your views and listen to want the people want.

Vote for me. Because those other guys suck.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I cannot disagree. The governing body should have no right to dictate anyone's rights, especially concerning marriage and legal benefits. Marriage to any gender should be an unalienable right, but due to the religious beliefs that created the current system, many people are denied that basic liberty.

Simply put, obviously, I do agree with you on this. Marriage to any gender, as long as they are both consenting adults, should be legal. We cannot and should not be able to pick and choose, which legal adults have full rights and which do not. Either all of us are free, or none of us are.

I believe that this is not a truly free country until all, legal adults have equal rights in this country. Same could be said for countries around the world,in my opinion.

Barring an infraction of the T&Cs, I will briefly address this issue. Decriminalized, yes, legalized, no. As with any medication, prescribed by your physician, there should be a process involved. Your prescription should contain a legitimate reason for issuance, a chronic infirmity, and guidelines need to be followed.

Many people agree with you. My thinking on why recreational use should be legal,is this. We have cigarette and alcohol, both arguably more dangerous. Yet they are legal.

I think laws in place for use of marijuana should be similar to that of Alcohol. Adults over the age of 21 can buy and own it. They cannot drive under the influence and it should not be sold to minors.

I abhor war. It's a senseless destruction of life and resources. While being able to envision a planet with no wars, I must concede that there are wars with little justification. Here, I have arrived at an ideal between solving the reasons for war and reducing worldwide military resources. The current economy can't support a militaristic super power, nor is such justified.

I do not disagree. War is awful and a senseless destruction of life. Which is why I advocate for taking our troops home, securing and protecting our own borders, rather than invading the borders of others. We have the ability to defend our interests over seas with out sending troops to invade a country and I think we should utilize that ability much more than we are.

Guns are property. No government should interfere in the right to obtain property. However, if the person owning guns harms another individual, except in cases of self defense, they should forfeit their right. Guns, as written, are intended to preserve property, and infringement of that right justifies gun usage. People who own guns remain responsible, or lose the right to own them. There are several specific new laws that need enacted.

We are not all that far off from each other, really. As far as stance. Guns are indeed property. But they are also a right. Should there be instances in which people should be stripped of their right to own a gun? I cannot give a blanket answer for that personally. There would no doubt be some instances in which a person should lose that right, but not every case. The law is fickle at times and not always placed with common sense.

If we are to strip a person of their right, we must thoroughly examine their case, what they did and why they did it, before we strip them of a right.

Several additional areas need addressed as well:

The Economy.

Foreign Policy.

World Trade.

As another candidate, I request that you portray your stance on those subjects as well.

Thank you. I will write down my stance on these subjects and share them here as soon as possible.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

As I stated before, personal opinions have no place in politics.

That is nice and all, but that is not what I am asking about. I am asking for your where you stand on the issue.

Am I to take it that your stance is that you have no stance?

I will be glad to reword the question then.... Where do you believe that the people stand on the issue of abortion and in which way would you vote to uphold the will of the people on this issue?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

The Economy.

Sucks

Foreign Policy.

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges

World Trade.

Yum..... coffee, chocolate and women

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So, this is just a popularity contest?

How juvenile.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Solar Flare 2012

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I will be glad to reword the question then.... Where do you believe that the people stand on the issue of abortion and in which way would you vote to uphold the will of the people on this issue?

There is a reason that the voting booths have curtains.

My vote is no different than any other vote and should be allowed the same courtesy to remain private.

What right do you have to demand that I reveal my vote pre-election or post-election?

ETA:

I also would like to add that if you feel it's OK to pry into how I would vote on certain issues that you feel are relevant. Then I would like you to answer my questions on the issues that I feel are relevant.

If I answer your questions, are you prepared to answer mine?

edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join