The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Wow I go to sleep and look what happens.. Chiten, if ipsus is telling the truth, then this totally changes the dynamic of the election...

What say ye?

I say he's wayyyyy overexaggerating things and trying to cause a ruckus.
I didn't mass U2U, I sent individual U2U's and gave people links. Not against T&C at all.
The summation threads have been posted in by about everybody and almost everybody has campaign stuff in their signiture.
I did unflag his thread because he was being nasty and hateful, and I freely admitted that, nothing unethical or wrong about it at all.
He's just trying to start a fight and I'm not fighting.

cool?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Not exactly like this, but we are a pretty close knit community there.

All I can say is have a go. And that's to anyone. It does take courage to hit post the first time, but like here, it is a good social experiment and unlike a lot of places on ATS you aren't torn down for speaking up. And once you've done it a few time, your confidence builds and it gets easier to join in.

Plus there are a heap of us always willing to help out with writing techniques and constructive critique.

It does sound really good!! I'll definitely give it a go!

Thank you for inviting me!!

I did that one in the "madder than hell" contest they had but didn't submit it until the day before the contest was over... I was only "3 weeks old" here and still learning the ropes!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

you can read it and see if ya still want me
edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: the aliens stole my post!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by vkey08
Wow I go to sleep and look what happens.. Chiten, if ipsus is telling the truth, then this totally changes the dynamic of the election...

What say ye?

I didn't mass U2U, I sent individual U2U's and gave people links. Not against T&C at all.
The summation threads have been posted in by about everybody and almost everybody has campaign stuff in their signiture.
I did unflag his thread because he was being nasty and hateful, and I freely admitted that, nothing unethical or wrong about it at all.

cool?

Tres... Just wanted to hear the opposition's response

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

cool?

You're lying.

What did I do that was nasty and hateful?

How many U2U's did you send out?

No one has a misleading signature but you.

No has posted in another parties Summation thread requesting people to vote for themselves.

Time to come clean.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Dude, I'm not going to fight with you.
Not sure what this is about, but I'm not going to participate. I've been straight up and you're upset about something so you're over exaggerating.
If you want to talk about something, message me. The forum is no place for this.

Heck, Neno has a clickable gif banner in his and I'm not complaining, I think it's ingenious!
edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You just said I was being nasty and hateful

That's a serious accusation.

I provided proof for all my statements.

What did I do that was nasty or hateful?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with anything else than you CHEATING.

I will call it like I see it. You've been cheating and lying.

The last straw was you posting in my Summation thread.

You brought this on yourself. Everything I said is 100% true.

Zero exaggerations. I will request the mods check your U2U's if you want to keep lying.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

ENOUGH You ALL have disregarded my instructions not to post in Summation threads. If you 2 will not stop this bickering I will disqualify you both.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Fair enough, I will stop.

I have said nothing but the truth.

If you perceive it as bickering, I apologize then.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Come on over and join in!
It's not really about who is the best writer, it's a good way to get your work out to other avid writers. It's about the passion, not the competition.

I write collaboratively for "The Voyages of the Penelope and Yydryl", but haven't entered any of the contests. I suppose they both serve the purpose of keeping you agile and sharp, and able to write on a variety of twists at the drop of a hat, but one competition per decade is enough for me!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

It's not really about who is the best writer, it's a good way to get your work out to other avid writers. It's about the passion, not the competition.

I write collaboratively for "The Voyages of the Penelope and Yydryl", but haven't entered any of the contests. I suppose they both serve the purpose of keeping you agile and sharp, and able to write on a variety of twists at the drop of a hat, but one competition per decade is enough for me!

Cool! I'll have to look for those my new-found friend!

It really has been great getting to know everybody better and talking with you so much!

I absolutely LOVE it that the two hillbillies are the front-runners!

You're way ahead at the moment and the time is counting down... Congratulations on your imminent win!!

We'll have to start us a new thread of some sort in chit-chat so we can all keep having fun!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I've wanted to have a crack at the collaborative writing, but have only had writer status for a month or so. Trouble is most of the collaborations are fairly done with who is involved, so joining at this point would be kinda running after the race has finished.

Might have a chat to a few people and maybe see if we can get a new one going.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

We'll have to start us a new thread of some sort in chit-chat so we can all keep having fun!

No we won't. After this is done only the Chit Chat thread will be open until Wed. for final discussion.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Speaking of Neo: I have some stuff to send over to you tomorrow
I've been a little busy with family in and out this week but I'm almost done with the "project"

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You folks better watch out!

My thread is rising fast and I'm sure all of my followers are just waiting until the very last second to cast their votes.

Get ready for an upset!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You did jump a lot!
You may put things off until the last minute...right in line with the Procrastination party! , but you sure do pack a wallop when you kick in!!

good luck! less than two hours to go!

.... I'll be honored to lose to Neno!
...not giving up completely, but at least I'm losing to a great one if I do

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by FortAnthem

You did jump a lot!
You may put things off until the last minute...right in line with the Procrastination party! , but you sure do pack a wallop when you kick in!!

You gotta remember; this is an internet election. What is the internet full of?

Procrastinators, of course!

Why do you think they all waste their whole days away here on ATS?

I just had to post my Summation and watch the gravy train roll in.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I pretty much have given up getting any more votes, there's a clear gender bias and I'm cool with that... Guess they aren't ready to have a pretty girl as the Regent, I'm just pleading that whomever wins I get a cabinet position.... Maybe Mistress of Java Beans or something...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cool! I'll have to look for those my new-found friend!

Here's a link. It looks like it's a post in mid thread, but it's actually the beginning post of the second story cycle after the first was completed. the entire thread is 76 pages long - not light reading for an evening by any measure!

Yes, those mountains in the photos in that post are "my" mountains. They were taken about an hour's walk (average - it's an hour climb, or a 45 minute descent) from my cabin.

I absolutely LOVE it that the two hillbillies are the front-runners!

Shhh! You'l frighten the Yankees - some of them still think we are head hunters and cannibals, and all named "bubba". What they don't know won't hurt them!

You're way ahead at the moment and the time is counting down... Congratulations on your imminent win!!

Thank you. There's still a couple of hours to go before closing, but if it goes the way it's headed at the moment, I'll whip up an acceptance some time thins evening. I worked all night, and will need my beauty rest during the day (sort of like vampires, I guess) and will sort it out after I get up, or at work tonight. I love my job - it leaves me with too much time on my hands. Long stretches of mind-numbing boredom, punctuated by brief episodes of sheer terror, just to keep my heart pumping. It's during the stretches of boredom that I can actually get stuff done here.

That's been in the works for a little while, in negotiations with the Booze Party. To Be Announced - a little later.

new topics
top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87 >>

join