Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Kinda glad you caught it so I don't have to wrestle with myself anymore!!
That was reeeaaaallllyyyy tempting!! Now I don't have to be tempted anymore and the vote I gave ya stands!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Reading this I went and checked your's and Purple's summation threads and am seeing this:

Don't seem to have a flag option for Purple's thread...

Odd.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm assuming that means you've already flagged Purple chitens and not Nenos.

If you haven't already flagged Purple's then maybe you should ask a MOD.

edit on 7-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nope, haven't flagged it.

Not that I recall anyway...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'm not sure what's up with it. Earlier, his had an unflag option, and mine didn't, and now I get both of them blacked out with neither option.

Might be a bug in the code, working on different browsers, or maybe by IP. I'm on a different IP now, as I'm at work. I've seen the same thing before, where some threads have an unflag option and others don't, and have never really figured out what the difference is. I don't recall ever having seen both modes in the same thread at different times, though, but it may be that I just never noticed it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

yeah mine is all freaky too, some threads I can flag and unflag and others I cannot.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I made an endorsement to the Curmudgeon Party earlier today in my summation thread. I notice now that someone has unflagged my thread.

I also notice that the PurpleChiten has violated the rules set by the mods. Not only has he posted in my summation thread.

But his post is asking people to vote for him in my Summation thread.

No other candidate has disrespected another nominees summation thread like he has mine.

This is as low as it gets. And, as meaningless as this Regent election may be, I find this behavior of his to be extremely offensive.

This is the post in my thread

PurpleChiten has been sending out mass U2U's, which violates the T&C, admitted to here
In this post

PurpleChiten has been posting off-topic campaign ads in other threads that are not even related to this election.
In this post

PurpleChiten has a misleading signature and is also making posts that are misleading.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!!

....and I invite everybody to click my signiture link and take part in the Regent election!
(fake office, fake election, experiment in the electoral process....and FUN!)

Clicking his signature brings you to his thread. What's wrong with that you ask?

What's wrong is that it is labeled as the "Voting Thread Click Here!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember, to vote, all you have to do is flag the thread!!!

In addition to those, he has been posting numerous one liners pandering to the OP
Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4

Enough is enough, posting in my Summation thread, you have gone too far in your desperate attempt to compete for votes.

I am now calling for a boycott and a recall of the PurpleChiten. He can not be trusted to play by the rules.

If you flagged and voted for PurpleChiten you have chosen to vote for a cheater.

I recommend you unflag his thread and teach him that cheaters never prosper.

Down with the PurpleChiten

VOTE CURMUDGEON

edit on 7/7/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/7/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

OK, this part isn't my fault... of course you know that, just for the benefit of others who are reading...

I just checked all of them here. There are black boxes like you said on all of them but two for me. It's showing "unflag" option for FortAnthem's and for Gwydion's but everybody else is a black box. Not sure about Ipsiss because I unflagged him earlier when I was trying to decide whether to keep or leave the flag on yours that I said before .... but did end up leaving.

There must be something with the forum allowing it for some and not for others.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It's just the unflag that's not showing up... any chance you flagged mine by mistake instead of Neno's?
I won't be upset if you unflag me when they figure out why the unflag isn't showing if you choose to ..... I flagged all the folks running and have only left one unflagged. Two of them are showing an unflag option for me but all the others have the black box.
No idea why it's doing it.

I did wrestle with myself over Neno's but then left it flagged because he's a good guy, that's all I know about it

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

What?
Why? Why are you flagging and unflagging these threads and messing with the voting process?
You said you did neno's 6 times.

You did Ipsiss as well?
How many others?

I really don't understand why you keep flagging and unflagging these threads. WTH are you doing?

In the immortal words of a very esteemed politician here ...
"Please explain"

*aussies will get the pun

edit on 7/7/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)
edit on 7/7/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Just like I said on Neno's... had to wrestle with it, but he's a good guy so I let my vote stand.

I unflagged Ipsiss because he peeved me off and I felt like it and it was better than arguing with him and ending up in trouble for it...those are the only ones

Not doing anything unethical or illegal, just trying to make up my mind as I'm sure others have done as well.
edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I'm starting to wonder if there may be a time limit on unflagging threads, like there is on editing posts, That would explain a lot.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

that would explain a lot!
It would make sense too. Maybe because it's an "election" thing. Does it do that over in short stories where people flag them to "vote"?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just checked, it's kind of mix and match over in the short stories too.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

that would explain a lot!
It would make sense too. Maybe because it's an "election" thing. Does it do that over in short stories where people flag them to "vote"?

I don't know how it works over there - I'm afraid to enter the contests, because there are writers here who can write rings around me.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I'm not much of a writer either. I voted for several in their recent contest because I got to know them better here and gave them my support. They're pretty great writers! I knew it existed but didn't get extremely involved other than one time that I did a really really late submission because I didn't know how it worked...wasn't that great so I didn't win anything

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I've always found a time limit with the flags in SS. After a certain amount of time you can't take away the flag, it just becomes a black space.

I did find sometimes with flagging in the summations, with certain people it didn't allow me to unflag straight away, sometimes it allowed an unflag period. I didn't check who was who though. It is a little strange that happens, I haven't seen the flags do that before.

I don't know how it works over there - I'm afraid to enter the contests, because there are writers here who can write rings around me.

Come on over and join in!
It's not really about who is the best writer, it's a good way to get your work out to other avid writers. It's about the passion, not the competition.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

I've always found a time limit with the flags in SS. After a certain amount of time you can't take away the flag, it just becomes a black space.

I did find sometimes with flagging in the summations, with certain people it didn't allow me to unflag straight away, sometimes it allowed an unflag period. I didn't check who was who though. It is a little strange that happens, I haven't seen the flags do that before.

Come on over and join in!
It's not really about who is the best writer, it's a good way to get your work out to other avid writers. It's about the passion, not the competition.

Cool! So Neno's theory seems to be the reason! WTG Neno!!

... I may get back over there after the election is over. I really liked having this group and getting to know people better. Do they do things like this in the short story section?
The interaction and getting to know people has definitely been the best part of this!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Wow I go to sleep and look what happens.. Chiten, if ipsus is telling the truth, then this totally changes the dynamic of the election...

What say ye?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Not exactly like this, but we are a pretty close knit community there.

All I can say is have a go. And that's to anyone. It does take courage to hit post the first time, but like here, it is a good social experiment and unlike a lot of places on ATS you aren't torn down for speaking up. And once you've done it a few time, your confidence builds and it gets easier to join in.

Plus there are a heap of us always willing to help out with writing techniques and constructive critique.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join