The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by FortAnthem

I know who I'm NOT going to ask to flip the burgers on the grill!

LOL, now that was funny...especially for those who prefer thier burgers a little on the pink side. That leads to one more question as this whole "experiment" comes to an end tomorrow....sniff ....your all winners....

Food is a "universal" need....something that unites all "life".....so many great conversations have been had here on ATS about this subject from every imaginable perspective, but for the sake of keeping this lighthearted......... my question is.......

What is a special memory you have about sharing a meal or food with others?

Bonus points to any canidate that posts "pretty" pics of butterflies....cause many of us love to chase and observe them, "flutter" around with them for awhile, even though the goal may not be to "catch" them.....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Like that?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

well... you know us chitens... we just peck around for food all the time so all my memories have food in them!

I like this fella with the transparent wings...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This is the Procrasti-NATION Party.

Mine hasn't quite gotten around to becoming a butterfly yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

This is the Procrasti-NATION Party.

Mine hasn't quite gotten around to becoming a butterfly yet.

awwwwww I'm a sucker for the LOLCats!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

I like my burgers to protest with a loud "MOO" when I bite them.

I went to a steak house with an aunt one time, and ordered my steak "raw". The waiter said "you mean rare?" and I said "no, RAW, like in don't bother passing it over the flame."

They wouldn't serve it to me without some heat hitting it. Bummer.

No butterflies were injured in the production of this story. They distract me.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

I like my burgers to protest with a loud "MOO" when I bite them.

I went to a steak house with an aunt one time, and ordered my steak "raw". The waiter said "you mean rare?" and I said "no, RAW, like in don't bother passing it over the flame."

They wouldn't serve it to me without some heat hitting it. Bummer.

No butterflies were injured in the production of this story. They distract me.

I believe the correct phrase is:

"I like my burgers so rare a good vet could bring it back to life"

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

LOL....that wasn't bad for someone without "motivation".....Gotta love the cocoon kitty.....but probably not enough to over come the "early bird gets the worm" dynamic of this "election",,,,,,,but enjoy the sentiment, and is a fun addition to the "humor" of this whole thing........now I suggest you snag that hamcock, before it is "taken" ..... often situations with "hamcocks" end up "not so good"...you must know how to balance...and with others, that's not always easy.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is to all Regency Candidates.

I wish all of you luck in the remaining hours of this race. I wont be here for the upcoming party on Neno's lawn, and I am sorry I will be missing it.

I know that whoever wins will make a wonderful Regent, but in my book all of you are Regents of ATS!

Thank you all for the good times and the laughs, and I hope everyone has fun in the next couple of days!

Z
edit on 6-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: the aliens stole my post!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Regardless of how this may turn out, I have to say, I didn't expect to do as well as I have and have really worked a lot "stumping" for the past two days when I saw I actually had a chance!!

If I don't win, it looks like it will be Neno, and I have no problem losing to him. He's a pretty great guy and It's been a pleasure getting to know him better. We have a lot in common and we're both Hillbillies!!

It's been great getting to know everyone better and I've had a LOT of fun with this!

I'll keep "fighting to the end" and hope for the best!

Thank you to everyone who voted for me and to all the new friends I've made.

This was an AWESOME idea Beezzer, and I congratulate you on an amazing success!! Thanks for letting me be part of it!!

Thanks for all the work you did as well Intrepid! You did a great job!

And thanks to our great reporter, commentators and everyone involved. I see it as a major success that we've had an awesome election but even more that we've gotten to know one another so much better. Thanks for the experience ATS, it's been a good one!

It's been real... it's been fun.... it's been REAL FUN!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To me, this whole election wasn't about winning. There's nothing to win. To me, it was about interacting with my fellow members, and watching how they acted. To watch personalities be presented, whether harsh or kind, was the amazement with which I watched this all unfold.

I want to thank ATS most of all, for allowing our charade to continue, and intrepid, who unwillingly found himself the dictator of a anthill. That position exemplifies the selflessness of the staff, and for that, I am proud to be a member.

The votes have been cast, and the winner just shy of being official. I am not he, but I am his supporter. The policies created by this imaginary election still ring softly in our minds, and the ability to speak our minds still resonates deeply in our souls.

This election has been both an "experiment", and a satisfying venture into politics. We made it realistic, and for that, I thank all the participants. We all knew there can be only one winner, and everyone had a fair chance to express their position. I am content with the results, and I think we will have a fair and just Regent.

I also wish to thank beezzer, the rabbit that got this started, several hundred threads of his own imagination. We made your thoughts into reality, and provided much comedy, much insight, and much reality.

On the eve of the election, I believe ATS has voted for the right choice for Regent.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The best thing about this thread is seeing all the crazy parties that have popped up.

Makes you wonder what kind of parties would pop if we were ever to break free of the two party stranglehold. Even the Booze party or the Curmudgeons would be preferable to what we are forced to vote for now IMO.

Please Vote Procrasti-NATION Party for ATS Regent.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words. But as I've said in the past, this would have been a dud if it weren't for the positive participation of all members and Intrepid (props!
)

In the closing hours of the election, I hope that people have gained from this. My intent was to bring politics a little closer to home. We speak of politics in the abstract all the time. After this thread/concept, though, I feel that insight may have been gained by members.

A very humble and heartfelt thank you,
beez

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Thank you all for your kind words. But as I've said in the past, this would have been a dud if it weren't for the positive participation of all members and Intrepid (props!
)

In the closing hours of the election, I hope that people have gained from this. My intent was to bring politics a little closer to home. We speak of politics in the abstract all the time. After this thread/concept, though, I feel that insight may have been gained by members.

A very humble and heartfelt thank you,
beez

I know the voting ends at noon on Saturday.... but what time zone?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I would imagine noon where ever Intrepid is, since he called it. Since he's Canadian (I believe) I would imagine GMT -6 give or take an hour.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

okies... the leaders have been going back and forth for three days now and are only separated by ONE vote!
gonna be a squeaker!!

OK, I've done all the campaigning I'm capable of doing ... let the chips fall where they may!

It's been great and thank you to each and every person who helped me out!! You're GREAT and I've had a BALL!!!

edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

NOTICE

I just witnessed some interesting numerical calisthentics in the summation threads, within the space of 5 minutes.

Timestamped screenshot will be taken from here on out to the end of voting, and we'll see if we can't have someone take a look at the code to see if there might be a bug in it. Evidently some folks can "unflag" the threads, and some can't. I'm not sure what the difference is. maybe certain browsers or something.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

NOTICE

I just witnessed some interesting numerical calisthentics in the summation threads, within the space of 5 minutes.

Timestamped screenshot will be taken from here on out to the end of voting, and we'll see if we can't have someone take a look at the code to see if there might be a bug in it. Evidently some folks can "unflag" the threads, and some can't. I'm not sure what the difference is. maybe certain browsers or something.

I confess!!! It was me!!!
I battled with myself about flagging and unflagging you because we're so close....
I finally flagged it and left it because I do respect you and if I lose to you, even by one vote, at least I know I've voted for a winner!!

.... granted, I did it about 5 or 6 times and really wrestled with myself, but.... I left the vote to stand, you deserve it!!

That should explain the numbers going up and down by one for a little while there .... I'm not proud that I did it, but I'm proud of the final decision to leave it stand!

I kept reminding myself that you said you voted for me, and it's only fair to do the same. I may wrestle with it a bit, but the integrity does come through
edit on 6-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

No problem. I've seen threads before that I couldn't unflag, and threads I could unflag, and I'm trying to figure out what the difference in them is.

new topics
top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join