The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Question, Beez....

should the policies be world oriented, or ATS oriented? In other words, the regency is for ATS. Should our platform focus on ATS issues or global issues or both?

Gracias from the Smiley Face Faction

World oriented. i think our thoughts and opinions in world events shape and mold who and what we are.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by beezzer

I Boymonkey of the MRLP would stand out as regent by wearing this all the time

Also I would have many small monkeys throw eggs at all the other candidates.

Oh and wibble wibble.

Thank you for that mental image (more scotch please!)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
How would you stand out as a member advocate, an ATS Regent, over any other candidates?

(Open question)

I would easily stand out as a members advocate and my record here at ATS is proof of that. I was a forum moderator here for two years, an active member of the ATS press Corp, I was allowed on ATS live while a moderator as a commentator, I am a proud writer for ATS and on top of all that , I have been a member for over 4 years.

I know the Ins and outs of ATS better than any of my opponents. I know how this site works and I always do my best to post honestly, civilly and in an unbiased manner. This is why I am the best choice as representative of the members.

I would make a great regent because I believe in honest politics. I
think this has been shown already in this thread. Honesty, integrity, civility, non bias and intelligence along with a clean record and a reputation that follows in suit.

That said I will be home later to answer in more detail as well as answer any other questions that may arise while I am away. But for now, I am spending time with my grandmother in her nursing home.

Peace and love
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I nominate myself as Supreme Dictator of ATS

Hey Beezzer, how do we get on this poll?

I believe i have some interesting things to say, and nothing that is "Anti-American," well, so i believe.

edit on 17-6-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I believe i have some interesting things to say, and nothing that is "Anti-American," well, so i believe.

We are trying to keep a small element of seriousness in this, but if you're nominating yourself, then great! Are you running under any specific party?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

We are trying to keep a small element of seriousness in this, but if you're nominating yourself, then great! Are you running under any specific party?

Well, yes, i believe i will take this seriously, as not many people get my sense of humour

Getting to the point, i am not well acquainted with US political parties. So, in order to put forward debates and specific ideas, i would either have to go Independent or start my own party...

The ATS people's party - How's that?

...or, the Doug Anthony All Stars party
edit on 17-6-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, yes, i believe i will take this seriously, as not many people get my sense of humour

Getting to the point, i am not well acquainted with US political parties. So, in order to put forward debates and specific ideas, i would either have to go Independent or start my own party...

The ATS people's party - How's that?

...or, the Doug Anthony All Stars party
edit on 17-6-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

This is an international attempt, hence the title Regent.

I'll add you under either party. Just be prepared to debate and answer any questions posed.

I'm just playing host so I'm keeping my opinions to myself.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'll add you under either party. Just be prepared to debate and answer any questions posed.

Alrighty, well i will start the ATS people's party if that is okay with you.

This is going to be tricky what with all the conceived views of me

Alas, i will try to deter said views, time for a fresh start, and i believe that ATS can achieve this together

I may still have some strong views though, but this is what the fun is all about

I have to go now, i'll be back on later. Have a good one mate

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Bruddah, you have my vote.

Since voting for the coolest ATS Member would be patently self-serving, voting for you would seem to me the next-best decision.

I support _Truth-2012

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Alrighty, well i will start the ATS people's party if that is okay with you.

This is going to be tricky what with all the conceived views of me

Alas, i will try to deter said views, time for a fresh start, and i believe that ATS can achieve this together

I may still have some strong views though, but this is what the fun is all about

I have to go now, i'll be back on later. Have a good one mate

Consider yourself added.

This is for a position (highly ceremonial) of Member's Advocate. So be repared to be nice.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Updated list.

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
gimme_some_truth
moosevernel

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

SMILEY FACE FACTION
smyleegrl

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How would you stand out as a member advocate, an ATS Regent, over any other candidates?

(Open question)

I would stand out as a member advocate by ensuring that proper background checks are done on all the real and fictitious pseudonyms being used by the other nominees.

As an ATS Regent by starring and flagging posts and threads that support me and / or my belief system.

Over the other candidates by being the only candidate to answer the OP's question in it's entirety and also being the only nominee so far to star the OP's question.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

(Open question)

In order to be elected to this position, the ATS Regent needs to be compassionate as well as caring. This isn't a mud-slinging contest, but rather a serious undertaking to consider the possibilities of a "workable" system of government.

While there are other members that would definitely be suited to the role, I feel I am qualified on the simple basis of being able to look at an issue from many different angles, and that I listen to the people that contribute here. From my platform, there is no right person or wrong person, but a majority vote utilized to solve the issues before us. With hard work from all, our goal can be achieved.

Am I qualified? Well, considering the fact that my party wasn't even in existence a few hours ago, I'm sure that some of you would say no. The Anarchists for Gaia Party addresses both the short and long term solutions to the problems that face us today, and with your support we'll be able to herald in a lifestyle that is fair and equal to all.

I realize there are those who are upset on my stance on extra-terrestrial life. Anyone in politics knows that you can't please everyone all the time. I take this stance to show my support for hard science, and realize this upsets some. Yes, I may alienate some individuals, but I believe that there are enough members who realize that without utilizing facts, there is no way to progress into the future. My administration promises to heavily fund scientific endeavors, with the ultimate goal of colonizing the stars.

I'll defer from a lengthy speech at this point to give another candidate time to respond. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I know the Ins and outs of ATS better than any of my opponents. I know how this site works and I always do my best to post honestly, civilly and in an unbiased manner. This is why I am the best choice as representative of the members.

Lies, all lies I tell you.

Only a sheep would fall for this.

His post clearly shows the raging ego maniac he truly is.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Bruddah, you have my vote.

Since voting for the coolest ATS Member would be patently self-serving, voting for you would seem to me the next-best decision.

I support _Truth-2012

Cuhail

Thank you much, friend. Your support is truly appreciated and it is an honor to have you backing me.

If you have any questions you would like to ask me as far as where I may stand, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to answer them. I am currently writing up a general platform, stating where I stand on more of the hot button issues and if anyone has any questions in the mean time, please, ask away.

Again, thanks for your support.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
In all seriousness.

As The Smear Campaign Party nominee for ATS Regent. I would like to ask everyone to please join in a moment of silence to honor a man.

Sadly Mr Rodney King has passed away at the young age of 47

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Lies, all lies I tell you.

Only a sheep would fall for this.

His post clearly shows the raging ego maniac he truly is.

I starred this post because I want everyone to know how to "Toe the Party Line". It is not just a saying...it's a lifestyle. We could all learn to do this if examples like this were an everyday thing!

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

This just in ....... News Flash.

Your first serious political miscalculation: my attitude towards Federal Income Tax will help me woo the notoriously difficult ATS Freeman vote!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am writing this as a general platform, stating where I stand on the hot button issues of the moment. If there is anything that I do not cover and you wish to know where I stand on that issue, please, do not hesitate to ask me, I will be happy to answer for you.

So, that said, I suppose I will get right to the point and tell you where I stand on some issues that are important to me and hopefully, important to each of you, as well.

Marriage: I stand firm in stating that marriage is something that takes places between two consenting adults who love each other. I believe we have no right to exclude Gay or Lesbian couples in the right to get married. That is correct, I said right to get married.

As we are now, aside from a few states, marriage is being upheld as taking place between a man and a woman. In marriage, couples are allowed insurance benefits, they are allowed to visit their sick spouse in a hospital and many other things.

Every day, Gay and Lesbian couples are being denied these things, simply because they are Gay and in love. I believe that this country, this world, is not truly free until we have equal rights for all. We do not yet have equal rights for all and if I have any choice, I will give our people, equal rights.

I support Gay Marriage. I support marriage between two consenting adults.

Marijuana Legalization: should Marijuana be made legal? This is an issue that seems to be rising to the top if the political world and I wish to address where I stand. Every day in this country, we sell alcohol and tobacco to people. It is no secret just how deadly tobacco and alcohol are.

According to the CDC, an estimated 443,000 will die from smoking cigarettes this year, in the US alone.

Source

This year, an estimated 10,839 will die in alcohol related car wrecks. Teen alcohol consumption alone, kills over 6000 people each year. More than all illegal drugs combined.
Source

All these deaths and yet they are still legal. How many have died from using marijuana? The CDC does not even have an are of the site that I can see, that discusses how many people die from usage…So, I am willing to bet that number is pretty low.

There are medical uses for Marijuana and this is being proven true over time. People in severe pain are lessening their suffering thanks to Marijuana. Studies show it helps with nausea, glaucoma, spasticty And movement disorders.

Source

Yet, this drug is illegal. Jails are becoming crowded and there is no room left for the real criminals.

I support legalization of Marijuana for both Medical and recreational use. Popular or not, this is where I stand.

War: I think in this day and age, warfare has changed and we all need to change with it. We see changes in the fact that we no longer have to send troops over seas. We have drones, long range missiles and even missile defense systems.

War is changing so we don't need people to fight and die as much as we used to and I consider this a great thing.Keeping this in mind, I think we should embrace this change in war. I support bringing our troops home, securing our own border and protecting our own land.

We now have the means to protect our interests over seas with out people and I think, we should not be risking human life, when it is not as necessary as it used to be. If we are to send people into another country, it should be diplomats with words, not soldiers with Guns. I believe that soldiers belong here, protecting our land. And now, we can make that happen.

Gun rights: Not every country has the right to bear arms. But I think that for the sake of securing our own countries, we should all have this right. It was put in place here in the United States to help ensure, that should the government become destructive of it's own ends, we have the means to revolt and fix the country back to what it should be, if need be.

In this day and age, lots of countries are revolting and unarmed, they have a major challenge on their hands having to face off against their armed and oppressive governments. I support the right to bear arms and I believe it should be embraced strongly.

At the same time, should another country happen to invade, not only will your military be armed, your citizens will be armed and more than ready to defend their country. This is what kept japan from invading the continental US. The fear and knowledge that it's citizens were armed and dangerous.

Okay folks, I am running out of room, but I am still writing up where I stand on different political issues. So, for now I will post just this and will be back with more. Thank you all for hearing me out and I look forward to answering questions you might have.

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Marijuana Legalization: should Marijuana be made legal? This is an issue that seems to be rising to the top if the political world and I wish to address where I stand. Every day in this country, we sell alcohol and tobacco to people. It is no secret just how deadly tobacco and alcohol are.

I would like to request a disqualification.

This topic is taboo and we are not allowed to discuss it on ATS.

Apparently you do not know the in's and out's of ATS as well as you think you do.

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join