The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Yeah, it's a mess beez....maybe a good question for the canidates...

What are your views on Obamacare?

I'm in the military so it doesn't effect me, I'll burn that bridge when I get there.

But from what I have read in to it so far, I do not think it is a very good plan. I don't think the Govt. should be telling people what they have to buy either.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by nenothtu

I agree. Refusal.

This whole Healthcare thing has made me Angry. Its the whole "forcing" action,on the American public,with the Penalty, amounting to Taxes . People say its only designed for businesses, and people making over 250k . My problem with it, is this . I shouldn't be forced into anything mandatory . Our forefathers fought for Independence, BECAUSE of Taxation . What happens when the Government decides to change the rules.......say for the guy making 20k ? I hope those people for this thing , don't complain .

I'm getting a lot of "gee, you're part of the world, so you need to pay for the world".

If that's the case, it ought to work the other way around, too. Since I'm "part of the world", I'm eagerly awaiting their contribution to the price of purchasing my next assault rifle.

Fair is fair.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

If that's the case, it ought to work the other way around, too. Since I'm "part of the world", I'm eagerly awaiting their contribution to the price of purchasing my next assault rifle.

Fair is fair.

Fair.

You wont get ANY complaints from me , as long as your not pointing it at me, and telling me to "get off your lawn" .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yes, there are some good ideas in it, but there are some very, very bad ones too. As an individual, I choose not to participate in the health care lottery at all - neither purchasing their illusory product of "insurance", nor going to see doctors, hospitals, and the like. Because I choose not to play their game, they think to force me into it?

I think not.

Leave me be and let me die in peace, as nature intends. No one lives forever, ans I harbor no illusions of being the first to do so, insurance or not.

Well...we all hope you live a long healthy life...and go out on your terms, my Dad thinks alot like you...and actually he looks amazingly like your avatar.....

It's a complicated problem...because even if HE didn't want to go to the hospital if he was hurt or sick, my sister and I would INSIST he go, and I'm sure your loved ones would feel the same way.

So that is my next question. If someone makes it clear they don't want to go to the hospital, but they are sick and or injured, should you listen to them or make them go?

EDIT- oh shoot just read the post from Mod asking us to stay on topic, I hope asking questions is still OK? Perhaps the questions are supposed to re-late to the ATS Regent experiment only? Are questions that are meant to find out about the canidates in a more "human" way "off topic"? I am confused too...
would love some clarification...Thank-You.....
edit on 29-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Well...we all hope you live a long healthy life...and go out on your terms, my Dad thinks alot like you...and actually he looks amazingly like your avatar.....

It's a complicated problem...because even if HE didn't want to go to the hospital if he was hurt or sick, my sister and I would INSIST he go, and I'm sure your loved ones would feel the same way.

So that is my question today. If someone makes it clear they don't want to go to the hospital, but they are sick and or injured, should you listen to them or make them go?

If it's your immediate family, MAKE them go, if not, then you can't really make them but can strongly encourage

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OK, in order to buy votes make all our voters happy, I made a thread for "chit chat" so we won't go off topic here and still be able to be silly when we want!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ETA: Intrepid, please feel free to edit the title of that thread as you see fit
edit on 29-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I also am curious to know when the vote will take place. There's honestly no reason to run this for months. Let's make it soon.

There are members and candidates wanting answers to "when" the vote is. Who decides this?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

As the "assigned" mod, he wants everyone to make posts related to the OP. As long as it's related to this election, we're good, but it's easy to talk about other subjects. Keep your posts relevant, and it'll be ok.

There's a lot of topical drift, of course, because people want to post information, and include witty comments about their personalities. If this was chit chat, it'd be fine, but we still need to keep our posts relevant to the OP.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I also am curious to know when the vote will take place. There's honestly no reason to run this for months. Let's make it soon.

There are members and candidates wanting answers to "when" the vote is. Who decides this?

For what it is worth, I sent a U2U to the big man ( Bill) saying essentially what you say here, which is that the members and candidates are waiting and wanting to know when the vote will happen.

I do agree that this does not need to go on much longer. To be honest, my thinking from the start is that the first of July, give or take a day or two, would be a good time to start the vote...

As it is now, everyone is just kind of waiting for the vote. So,hopefully we will hear something soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I'm working on it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Get ready for the TRUTH !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
edit on 30-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Just to let veryone know, an attempt by the UN to attach a rider to the election has created a delay.

While we wait patiently for election times and talks to continue, please listen to some music.

edit on 30-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Time for a brief commercial break:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
My New Campaign Spokesman

edit on 6/30/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If anyone is worried about going off topic or disrupting the thread, we have a chit-chat thread now to prevent any of that and let us have some "good, clean fun"!
Join us if you want! I like that we've gotten to know each other better through this process and UNOFFICIAL election, it's been pretty fun!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My New ATS Regent Ad

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I can see from all the frenetic activity on this thread that most of the other candidates want this purely symbolic office more than I do. Before you vote, please ask yourself: "Do I want to vote for someone who wants something so insubstantial so badly?"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I can see from all the frenetic activity on this thread that most of the other candidates want this purely symbolic office more than I do. Before you vote, please ask yourself: "Do I want to vote for someone who wants something so insubstantial so badly?"

I hear ya.... I just wanna win so I can do my happy dance.... then I'm going to completely change the office and just make everybody regents and rename the office of regent to "member" (to save on the trouble of changing the designation under everybody's name), making ever single person here a regent so we all are responsible for the making new people welcome, adhering to and promoting the T&C and encouraging discussion on various threads as opposed to bickering and arguing.

That's my underlying platform anyway.

Mostly... I just wanna do the happy dance!

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join