Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
We would be using the popular vote right? I've long since thought it was time to get rid of the electoral college for the popular vote.

Not too mention, it would be much easier for what we are doing here.

The actual voting would be conducted along the lines of previous ATS polls. Everyone would have the oppourtunity to vote for the person/party of their choice.

And yes, no electoral college here.

I'm a self-appointed independent observer....this should be fun....

Des willing to break stalemates, if the price is right....

You're not connected with the Justice department, are you?

No, no DOJ connections. There were fetid rumors, completely unfounded I must say, that I did attend closed door meetings with the Popcorn Adjusters Union in the late 80's. There was no viable proof of those nefarious allegations.

So, I am free and clear to appoint myself as a nonpartisan observer of any ATS elections......

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

1) We are alone in this universe. There are no ET's or aliens. However, the primary aspect of this party is to initiate a comprehensive world wide consortium to develop feasible interstellar travel.

How can you know this, to state this is a fact is dishonest and is not a great basis for your party imo.

It's my stance. I know it is unpopular, but I'm being realistic when I say that. I am not going to stand on a position of "maybe", or "yes". I'm just stating my opinion. May the other candidates agree or disagree with me.

You are also welcome to bring "evidence" to the debate that they do exist, and with concrete proof I will be forced to redact my position. However, until then, I'll stand as quoted.

3) The development of "green science" will be funded as the highest priority. All nuclear power plants are to be decommissioned by 2016.

I agree with this one. Well said.

At least we agree on one point.

4) Freedom will be restored to individuals, and the collective efforts of humanity will determine a new level of "common sense" in human rights. Only after extreme effort will we be able to unify our species and create a better future for all mankind.

Thats number one on my agenda but its last on yours. What does that say about your priorities.....

I actually listed them as they came to mind. Besides, it'll look foolish to list all items as number 1. Every position on my platform is equally important, so thank you for giving me a chance to clarify that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Are we allowed to nominate ourselves? If so, i would like to nominate myself to run under the Meritocracy party.. I may not be widely known on ATS, but I want to get my message across, so I think this will be a good opportunity to do so.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

But this goes against everything my party stands for.

Once again as the nominee for "The Smear Campaign Party"

Vote for me. Because those other guys suck

I am just saying, how about we have respect for the thread, the rules of the thread and the wishes of the thread owner, hmm?

Id rather vote for some one who can build themselves up, rather thank put everyone else down. The candidate who can build themselves up is the one with the strongest platform.

We aren't looking for personal attacks and mudslinging.I say we leave the childish mud slinging to the politicians in Washington, but,if you really want to go that route and go against what this election is about, then.....

Good luck with that.

But, it's high time we debate the issues and not each other.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I will come up with an updated candidate list soon.

*wow*

I spent some time with my child and bride celebrating Father's Day with Sherlock Holmes, Game of Shadows, a ribeye marinated in basalmic vinegar, and hand picked black berry cobbler.
-urp-

I will now settle down with a fine Glenfidditch, and set to put things together.

You fine folks have been busy!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lIIuminatus

Vote for me. Because those other guys suck.

You're going to be an interesting addition to the process.
I only wish Washington would be so frank.

POTUS nominees have already been using similar tactics to expose the dirty secrets of their runner ups in attempt to appear more righteous to public opinion, although..It is better known as using the media to manipulate public opinion in attempt to turn tides.

Washington IS as frank and look at what a joke it has become. They are too busy mud slinging to get anything done!

ATS is better than that and deserves better than that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
All I am saying is we need candidates who will take this seriously. It is an insult to this process and the thread owner to stand around, attack other potential candidates and making a joke of this whole thing.

Is that what you want in an ATS regent? Some one who wont take the position seriously? Some one who can't argue their own points up and can only insult their opponents?

ATS deserves better than that.

Which is why, should I be nominated for the Independent party, I will run a clean campaign. I will ignore any blatant attempts at jokes, attacks or insults against me because they are not worthy of a response. I will not be drug down to that level.

I will focus on the issues, tell you each where I stand and let you decide who is best for the job, based on the facts,rather than based on who has the better "Yo mamma" joke.

I am the best person for the job. My record here on ATS shows that I always do my best to be honest, intelligent, accurate and unbiased. This is what we need in an ATS regent. Some one who can be the great example for our members, current and future. A representative of the people.

Elect me as the Independent candidate and you will see how a campaign should be run. Elect me,friends. I want truth and I am the candidate that will find it and bring it to you all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

O.K. I'm game. But how do you nominate a member, what is it you're looking for:

Length of time on ATS, Flags, Stars, Posts, or Karma. Can anyone that's a member for 6 months or longer qualify? Or perhaps number of political posts on ATS?

Let's have some fun. I'm registering as an Independent/with a slant toward libertarian. Inde-libera Party Perhaps .

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whats this?

Some kind of offshoot popularity contest?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Nope, everyone is welcome. We are running on the issues, not on names.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Okay. I think I see now.

I avoid politics like a wild fire. Good luck with what you are trying to accomplish ladies and gentlemen!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I haven't gotten the updated list yet, but I would like to add that I did start this thread in all seriousness.

Far be it for me to criticise any humour however.

But please take this thread in the spirit for which it was intended. It is an exercise in election politics. The title of Regent is real enough and does have the support of the site bosses.

If this disintegrates into just a silly thread, we'll probably lose that support and negate it's true purpose.

Just remember, we don't always have to be serious in order to complete a serious task.

beez

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by geewizz

Huzzar!!!! one vote for me

Oh and wibble wibble wibble
edit on 17-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you, beez. And allow me to be clear. As has been my intention from the start, I will run a clean campaign and discuss the issues, not the opponent.

I take the position of ATS Regent seriously and I will not respond to any joke articles, insults or personal attacks that do nothing but distract from the campaign and the issues. That is where I stand as far as that goes and that is how I will run my campaign. Cleanly, building myself up, rather than putting everyone else down.

I am looking forward to discussing and debating the issues and seeing exactly where we all stand.

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The list so far. . . . . .

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
gimme_some_truth
moosevernel

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

SMILEY FACE FACTION
smyleegrl

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Wow. Okay. We've got @19 parties and 20 people offering themselves for nomination. I don't see anything traditional here (which may be a good thing) but I see some similarities. We need issues. Platforms. Foundations of your particular party or ideology.
Debates, please remember T&C.
Have fun, but please remember that even though fun can be had, there is a serious aspect to all of this.

I appreciate the responses so far. You folks have been great!

Please keep up the good work.
edit on 17-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
How would you stand out as a member advocate, an ATS Regent, over any other candidates?

(Open question)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Question, Beez....

should the policies be world oriented, or ATS oriented? In other words, the regency is for ATS. Should our platform focus on ATS issues or global issues or both?

Gracias from the Smiley Face Faction

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I Boymonkey of the MRLP would stand out as regent by wearing this all the time

Also I would have many small monkeys throw eggs at all the other candidates.

Oh and wibble wibble.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you for putting together the list of candidates thus far. I am out visiting my grandma of all people right now but will be back home in a while and happy to debate the issues, answer any questions on where I stand on any given issue or if need be, lay out a general platform discussing where I stand and why.

Thank you all

This will no doubt be fun. Good luck to everyone and may the most appropriate candidate for the title of Regent, win!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join