It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, it's a mess beez....maybe a good question for the canidates...

What are your views on Obamacare?

I figured the SCOTUS would overturn it so I didn't bother to learn much about it... guess I need to start learning about it now so I can form an opinion on it

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by vkey08

So here's my question, who's your favorite TV Villain and why... I'll even give my answer..

Catwoman, I guess, from the old batman TV series. Why, I dunno. Probably a combination of the fact that she's one of the last TV villains I can recall, added to that catsuit and Julie Newmar combination....

OK, I can relate to that one!!

I'm still a white-hatter though... but also rooted for the Indians because they weren't really "bad guys" at all. .... Maybe I go more with the "misunderstood", then the white hats, and don't like the downright evil ones.
edit on 29-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm ready for a healthy dose of good old fashioned refusal to comply. What they decide to do about that will determine the next step beyond it. If they say "you know what? That WAS a boneheaded idea! We're sorry, we'll just dismantle it now" it's all good, If, on the other hand - and I suspect this will be the more likely outcome - they say "oh HELL NO you don't! Come along with us, we're running you in" there will be large trouble,

VERY large trouble.

Because they've got to cross my lawn to get to me.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

So here's my question, who's your favorite TV Villain and why... I'll even give my answer..

Catwoman, I guess, from the old batman TV series. Why, I dunno. Probably a combination of the fact that she's one of the last TV villains I can recall, added to that catsuit and Julie Newmar combination....

OK, I can relate to that one!!

I'm still a white-hatter though... but also rooted for the Indians because they weren't really "bad guys" at all. .... Maybe I go more with the "misunderstood", then the white hats, and don't like the downright evil ones.

Well, that was the thing about Catwoman - she was just so misunderstood! the poor girl really only wanted to be loved right at her core. Has a hell of a way of showing it, but that's what it was all the same. How many times did she kidnap Batman and try to coerce him into a marriage? I rest my case!

To quote Jessica Rabbit, she "ain't bad, she's just drawn that way!"

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Apologies for neglecting the important election process.

The Obama care issue had me steamed.

I understand. I am not crazy about the individual mandate being upheld. I was thinking that part, at least, would be overturned. And now those with out it ( after 2014) will apparently have to pay extra taxes, as a fine, if they don't have health insurance? Big thumb down from me.

Anyway, Is there any word yet on when the official vote for ATS Regent will take place?
edit on 29-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm ready for a healthy dose of good old fashioned refusal to comply. What they decide to do about that will determine the next step beyond it. If they say "you know what? That WAS a boneheaded idea! We're sorry, we'll just dismantle it now" it's all good, If, on the other hand - and I suspect this will be the more likely outcome - they say "oh HELL NO you don't! Come along with us, we're running you in" there will be large trouble,

VERY large trouble.

Because they've got to cross my lawn to get to me.

You know what really sucks, is there are some "good" ideas contained in "Obamacare"....but the American public is already so over taxed in sooo many areas....average is about 30% of most people's income...and that doesn't include the endlesss other taxes on EVERYTHING...else, food, gas, homes, you can't even cross a bridge without paying $5.....the people are being "squeezed" and meanwhile the infrastructure is in dis-repair, and being sold off to pay for "debt" that's impossible to ever pay off.....and now were supposed to "Trust" the government with healthcare?

On the other hand, Insurance compainies, and Big Medicine are so corrupt,overpriced and out of control, what do we do? This is just like "real life"politics, both "choices" suck! Even if you are able to afford insurance, or have some through your employer, there's co-pays on everything, if you get "sick" or have chronic illness you can be "dropped" at thier descretion...It's a horrible complicated problem...and I don't know what the answer is.

edit on 29-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

"Well, that was the thing about Catwoman - she was just so misunderstood! the poor girl really only wanted to be loved right at her core. Has a hell of a way of showing it, but that's what it was all the same. How many times did she kidnap Batman and try to coerce him into a marriage? I rest my case!

To quote Jessica Rabbit, she "ain't bad, she's just drawn that way!"

LOL....now that was funny.....the "tension" between Batman and Catwoman was always interesting......I always wanted to see them get together....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by beezzer
Apologies for neglecting the important election process.

The Obama care issue had me steamed.

I understand. I am not crazy about the individual mandate being upheld. I was thinking that part, at least, would be overturned. And now those with out it ( after 2014) will apparently have to pay extra taxes, as a fine, if they don't have health insurance? Big thumb down from me.

Anyway, Is there any word yet on when the official vote for ATS Regent will take place?

Yeah, that makes perfect sence tax and "fine the folks who can't afford insurance....does it get any dumber?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yeah, that makes perfect sence tax and "fine the folks who can't afford insurance....does it get any dumber?

Exactly my thinking. People who do not have insurance, are most likely not going with out, for the fun of it. Money is the issue here. So, if they don't have the money to pay for health insurance, they want to make them pay more taxes?

With what money? So, what happens to them if they don't pay these taxes? Do they get in trouble for tax evasion or something?

"Oh, you don't have money for health insurance? Well, then you better pay the IRS more money..."

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Yes, there are some good ideas in it, but there are some very, very bad ones too. As an individual, I choose not to participate in the health care lottery at all - neither purchasing their illusory product of "insurance", nor going to see doctors, hospitals, and the like. Because I choose not to play their game, they think to force me into it?

I think not.

Leave me be and let me die in peace, as nature intends. No one lives forever, ans I harbor no illusions of being the first to do so, insurance or not.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

LOL....now that was funny.....the "tension" between Batman and Catwoman was always interesting......I always wanted to see them get together....

Catwoman did too, apparently, but Batman wasn't having any of that. Coward! He could have rehabilitated her!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Guys, please, can we keep this relevant? I like this experiment and hate hitting the Skittles.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sure thing.

On topic, I don't suppose you have heard any word as to when the vote will take place, have you?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Guys, please, can we keep this relevant? I like this experiment and hate hitting the Skittles.

Here is my concern, and I will be honest. I have not done much participation in this thread for this very reason. I do not understand what you all are considering relevant or not. There are many comments I could have made and I could have participated in some of this but my concern has been getting in 'trouble' for saying unrelevant things.

Some of the convos here are real good, yeah sometimes because some people are freinds or freindly it might go off a bit but it always gets back on track after perhaps a joke or two. This is part of peoples personalities and this election is truely good part personality.

So I am confused, what exactly are you not wanting people to do or say?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Taste the RAINBOW!!!

Be sure to vote for me, my time jump tells me you already have...or will....you know what I mean...

When's the election? (I already know of course due to my time jump but not allowed to tell or it'll rip the fabric of space and time, but I'm sure everyone else would like to know
)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Here is my concern, and I will be honest. I have not done much participation in this thread for this very reason. I do not understand what you all are considering relevant or not. There are many comments I could have made and I could have participated in some of this but my concern has been getting in 'trouble' for saying unrelevant things.

Some of the convos here are real good, yeah sometimes because some people are freinds or freindly it might go off a bit but it always gets back on track after perhaps a joke or two. This is part of peoples personalities and this election is truely good part personality.

So I am confused, what exactly are you not wanting people to do or say?

That is a good point. We're already in "Off Topic" forum, so would it be "off topic" to go "on topic" since the forum is "off topic"???

.... we really do reel it back in pretty well after we laugh a little though

Can we open up a "Regent Election Chit Chat" thread or something, then we can chit chat there and campaign here ...just a thought

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

So here's my question, who's your favorite TV Villain and why

Gotta be Eric Cartman because he's absolutely hilarious.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I agree. Refusal.

This whole Healthcare thing has made me Angry. Its the whole "forcing" action,on the American public,with the Penalty, amounting to Taxes . People say its only designed for businesses, and people making over 250k . My problem with it, is this . I shouldn't be forced into anything mandatory . Our forefathers fought for Independence, BECAUSE of Taxation . What happens when the Government decides to change the rules.......say for the guy making 20k ? I hope those people for this thing , don't complain .

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by intrepid

Sure thing.

On topic, I don't suppose you have heard any word as to when the vote will take place, have you?

Eagerly waiting for information !!!!

Go TRUTH !

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Christopher Walken as Gabriel in The Prophesy.

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join