It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

So when you say outcome, there is no outcome. The soul is an infinite journey. However if you are constantly going back and forth. You never get anywhere and end up confused. Pick a direction and see where it takes you.

IpsissimusMagus!!

You dark horse you.

You've surprised me like no other candidate in this election

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

How did you hear about ATS?

Or in other words what brought you to ATS and why did you decide to stay?

Whilst doing some search on the paranormal, I can't remember exactly what at the time, ghosts I think.
I also read all the hidden hand material. In fact I spent a solid couple of months just reading and reading old threads.

Being involved in a long convoluted thread that lasted well over a year (and probably still ongoing) and all the research and friendships that went along with that was a definite highlight.

I've always been interested in the paranormal and the metaphysical.
And the TRULY strange stuff all started to happen once I joined and became a member

That's why I stay now - I need answers.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

You've surprised me like no other candidate in this election

Thank you

I need answers.

Would you like to consult the oracle ?

You may choose from 3 oracles.

Viking Runes

I-Ching

Tarot Cards

I recommend the Rune stones
edit on 6/29/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Tofurkey

Turducken's better.
But, why would you name something turducken?

OK, I have a couple of questions for all the candidates and others are welcome to answer this as well.

My answer is the HIDDEN HAND

By accident. I was looking for something on secret societies or the Illuminati (I think) for a writing project. ATS came up, and I looked, found it interesting, and the rest is history.

I stay mainly because it is a good community. It's like anywhere, there's good people, there's idiots and there's downright asses, but at the end of the day it's good to be a part of an international community, and to learn what makes people really think.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

why would you name something turducken?

You probably already know this.

But since you asked, it's a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey.

Tur - duc - ken

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

We had it for the first time in the supermarket I used to work in last christmas. Sadly it does actually taste good, despite the name.

I just couldn't believe they tried to market something beginning with Turd....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Would you like to consult the oracle ?

Are you serious?
Regent Candidate, dark horse AND a soothsayer?

You've just surprised me again

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious.

Here is a sample reading from the rune stones.

You have chosen Uruz or Strength, Manhood, Womanhood, The Wild Ox

I found an E-book version.

archive.org.../n7/mode/2up

The Rune of terminations and new beginnings, drawing Uruz indicates that the life you have been living has outgrown its form. That form must die so that new energy can be released in a new form. This is a Rune of passage and, as such, part of the cycle of initiation.

Positive growth and change, however, may involve a descent into darkness as part of the cycle of perpetual renewal. As in nature, this progression consists of five aspects: death, decay, fertilization, gestation and rebirth. Events occurring now may well prompt you to undergo a death within yourself. Since self-change is never coerced, we are always free to resist, remain mindful that the new life is always greater than the old.

Prepare, then, for opportunity disguised as loss. It could involve the loss of someone or something to which you have an intense emotional bond, and through which you are living a part of your life, a part that must now be retrieved so you can live it out for yourself. In some way, that bond is being severed, a relationship radically changed, a way of life coming to an end. Seek among the ashes and discover a new perspective and new strength.

The ancient symbol for Uruz was the aurochs, a wild ox/ When the wild ox was domesticated, an immensely difficult task, it could transport heavy loads. Learn to adapt yourself to the demands of such a creative time. Firm principles attach to this Rune. At the same time humility is called for since in order to rule you must learn how to serve. Uruz puts you on notice that your soul and the Universe support the new growth.

www.sunnyway.com...

Uruz: (U: Auroch, a wild ox.)

Physical strength and speed, untamed potential. A time of great energy and health. Freedom, energy, action, courage, strength, tenacity, understanding, wisdom. Sudden or unexpected changes (usually for the better). Sexual desire, masculine potency. The shaping of power and pattern, formulation of the self. Uruz

Reversed or Merkstave: Weakness, obsession, misdirected force, domination by others. Sickness, inconsistency, ignorance. Lust, brutality, rashness, callousness, violence.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
OK, I have a couple of questions for all the candidates and others are welcome to answer this as well.

I don't remember how I found ATS. I'm pretty sure I just stumbled across it one day. Or maybe ATS stumbled across me. I remember it didn't take me long to decide to make an account.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Came across ATS in a search to find out more about those supposed US Prison Camps, and liked the site.. (Of course there's a lot more here)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I was sitting last night thinking of TV Shows and how the Good Guys always win and the Bad Guys ALWAYS lose, and I find myself a lot of time rooting for the bad guy just so there's some variety... I mean in Real Life the Bad Guys win sometimes...

So here's my question, who's your favorite TV Villain and why... I'll even give my answer..

J.R. Ewing - He is my idol and my god, and I wish I could be a female version of him.......He's always on top of his game , always has a plan and even when he's down and out, you can never truly count him outta the game..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The Swamp Creature.

IT was spotted in Ohio, so I was doing research on it. Found ATS, and joined right then.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

"OK, I have a couple of questions for all the candidates and others are welcome to answer this as well.

Or in other words what brought you to ATS and why did you decide to stay?"

LOLOLOLO......well....2 years ago, on Christmas, after driving 6 hours in a storm to be re-united with this "soothsayer" under the influence of the rune Uruz, one of the first things he said to me was " Hey you gotta check out this new site I found called ATS" ...he was very involved in some thread at the time....and had no interest in a "sentimental" "homecoming"....lol...the dog was happy to see me at least.....

We stayed in bed for the next week and "explored" every topic you could imagine...LOL...I think we even played "stairway to heaven" backwards.....was "hooked" ever since....ATS is actually "over my head" in many ways...but I do my best to "keep up".......

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I don't know that they were "bad guys"...but I always rooted for the Indians.....

LOL...never watched that show...but did see a commercial there is a new "Dallas" and Larry Hagmen looked "old" and has some funky eyebrows now.....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Apologies for neglecting the important election process.

The Obama care issue had me steamed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, it's a mess beez....maybe a good question for the canidates...

What are your views on Obamacare?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Apologies for neglecting the important election process.

The Obama care issue had me steamed.

Me too.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, however - they may have inadvertently solved the energy problem, because I can feel a cold fusion growing in the center of my soul over it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
I was sitting last night thinking of TV Shows and how the Good Guys always win and the Bad Guys ALWAYS lose, and I find myself a lot of time rooting for the bad guy just so there's some variety... I mean in Real Life the Bad Guys win sometimes...

So here's my question, who's your favorite TV Villain and why... I'll even give my answer..

J.R. Ewing - He is my idol and my god, and I wish I could be a female version of him.......He's always on top of his game , always has a plan and even when he's down and out, you can never truly count him outta the game..

I always wear the white hat

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Catwoman, I guess, from the old batman TV series. Why, I dunno. Probably a combination of the fact that she's one of the last TV villains I can recall, added to that catsuit and Julie Newmar combination....

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join