It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

That's a LOT of info on TP!!!

...how bout those of us who don't put it on the roll?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by PurpleChiten

ummmmmmm.....
oops

just checked and it will BARELY scrape by!! SHEW, that was a close one!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Ok on a serious note: I have a few questions for the Candidates or their party's representatives myself...

1.) Original or Extra crispy [PurpleChiten speaking of suntanning of course]

Anything with two breasts, two legs and thighs.

2.) Socks or Pants first?

Pants, I usually only wear socks with shoes. I like flip flops in the summer.

3.) Squeezing the tube of toothpaste:

A. the bottom
B. the middle.
C. all over the sink missing the brush completely

I usually start a fresh tube in the middle. Then later I roll it from the bottom.

4.) Would you help a sweet little old lady cross the street? If so, why?

If she asked me to,. Yes. Because I try to help people who need it.

5.) Paper or Plastic and why? [Token environmental concern question]

Plastic, because I also use them as trash bags.

Using Star Trek as a reference:

6.) Which best describes your previous political party's stance [or what you thought of some] and please give examples.

A. Klingon
B. Farrengi
C. Romulin
D. Federation
E. Cylons
E. Borg

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

1. What system of governance would you introduce? If any? Would it be a monarchial society with you as its creator at the head? Or would it be a true democratic society with the people having the final and absolute voice and vote? Or would it be a martial law state with soldiers who protect the civilians, but at the same time rule over them?

Democracy Now !!!

2. What infrastructure would you build? If any? Would you attempt buildings, agriculture and electricity like the current system we have? Or would you prefer a natural existence or even a nomadic one?

Limited economical, environmentally friendly version of the current system.

3. Would you re-introduce money and taxation? Or would you have a barter system introduced where trade for goods and services is the norm? How would people pay for their basic goods and services if at all?

This would have to be decided by a vote. If money was used I would try to eliminate inflation and deflation as much as possible.

The issues of supply and demand on important, necessary items would be governed and equally distributed. Other items that are not essential would be open for market fluctuations.

4. In any society laws prevent chaos, or that is what we were taught in the current system. Thus, what laws, if any would you create to keep order?

The Golden rule, Common sense,

How would you exact justice to those who broke the law? And what punishments, if any, would you deem sufficient to those who broke the laws, up to and including corporal punishment for the worst crimes?

Similar to the current system. But with a more streamlined judicial process. And laws written so that the common person understands. Corporal punishment for the worst crimes.

5. What of religion? In a post apocalyptic world does the faith of a supreme being have a place? Would you even allow religion within your community? If so, in what capacity?

(Just a note here, I have deliberately not included one specific religion over another. The question should not devolve as to which religion is best in such a time, moreso if the question of faith has a place in such a time.)

Voluntary participation in community celebrations for any and all special occasions. Promote Spirituality, knowledge of Self, equal studies of all past major religions. No government endorsement of any organized religion.

6. Would you introduce a police force to uphold the laws? A military to protect your community? Or would the people be their own army, and police themselves? What of modern weapons such as firearms? Would they be allowed in your community? Even from protection from outside forces, or as hunting tools?

Yes, most likely it's inevitable that all would be necessary. Intelligence community to prevent surprise attacks would keep military spending to a minimum.

7. What process would you put in place to allow new people to join your community? Would you even allow new people to join your community? Would it be an open door policy? Would you only allow people with a certain skill set to become part of your community?

No open door policy. Unless it was a reasonable assumption that danger was no longer eminent or apparent.

8. And finally, what process would you use for the workforce to sustain the community? Would people be assigned jobs based on their former skills? How would you go about designating jobs to people in order to keep the community going? If at all? Would it be a worker benefits the community as a whole system, such as (gasp), communism? Or would people be free to work at their own leisure and pace, and maintain their own survival means, such as shelter and food?

Evaluation and reassessment of duties depending upon performance.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Psychiatric Evaluation Examination

Produced by Dr. Nosred on behalf of The Above Network, LLC

1. In one or two sentences, describe the work you are attempting to perform for Above Top Secret:

2. What is your full name?

3. What is your current nation of residence?

4. What are your religious views?

5. What are your other notable skills (e.g. painting, writing, woodcarving, computer programming)?

6. Theoretical Situation: You're walking in a desert and you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting its soft underside bake in the hot sun. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? (Please answer in a short paragraph)

7. If you were somehow given the ability to have a conversation with any one (1) historically notable figure, with whom would you converse? What if you had the ability to kill any historical figure?

8. How do you spend your free time?

9. Theoretical Situation: Imagine you are a young woman who has never been asked on a date. A man whom you don't find particularly attractive asks you out. Would you take the sure choice and accept the date? Or would you rather gamble that someone like Gregory Peck comes along?

edit on 28-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

1. Generate ad revenue and post website content.

2. Ipsissimus Nostradamus Divine Order Chaotic Unity Magus

3. Alienation

4. I see dead people.

5. Musician

6. I must be caught in quick sand or I'm too far away to help.

7. Adam ........ I'd kill the devil

8. free

9. I find Gregory Peck to be unattractive. So why wait for that?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks, truth.

I am thoroughly enjoying this election process. I wish I felt that way about elections in the "real world".
I have been following the Regent candidates since this all started, and it's taken me this long to narrow down the choices and pick my party. 2 or 3 of them come very close to being able to represent, what I loosely term, my ideology.
Imagine what it would be like if the presidential race would be like if there were too many good candidates instead of leaving us to vote disdainfully for the lesser evil?

Imagine that. I think that was this experiment was all about. Several good candidates stepped up, carried through their platform, and remain completely electable. As a candidate in this fake election, I made sure to distance myself from the popular groups through my platform, and I set my stance on "alien life" to be zero. That was at the beginning of the election, and the members that have been following this know I haven't wavered. We are alone on this rock, period. Think about it. If there was a "civilization" out there, they would have presented themselves to a community as a whole.

I'll clarify my position to allow for microbial life. There are no "fully developed" civilizations in our galaxy, or anywhere. We create those beliefs to satisfy our curiosity. This stance hurts my platform, because I am negating a belief that 99% of ATS believes in. It's an electoral stance. Nothing more, save the repercussions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Best of luck in the future. Honest.

Hopefully there'll be another chance. However, it was interesting, aye?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'll clarify my position to allow for microbial life. There are no "fully developed" civilizations in our galaxy, or anywhere. We create those beliefs to satisfy our curiosity. This stance hurts my platform, because I am negating a belief that 99% of ATS believes in. It's an electoral stance. Nothing more, save the repercussions.

I disagree. I think there is intelligent life somewhere in our galaxy. Probably not anywhere near our Solar system though.

edit on 6/28/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

But Carl Sagan was a noted Atheist. He speculated much about the possibility of Alien life. HE never once said it was a fact. He was a scientist, and had no proof. I'll stand there.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm not saying it is fact either.

I think that the probability of intelligent life in our galaxy is much higher that the probability that we are the only intelligent life in the entire Universe.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Ipsissimus Nostradamus Divine Order Chaotic Unity Magus

Man your government forms must suck to fill out.

In all seriousness though, your participation in this has been interesting to say the least. If ever a candidate came from behind to be a real contender, it would be you for sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yes, fortunately they usually only ask for 1 middle initial.

Thank you, you have run an excellent campaign.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

So this is my question of the day to the canidates......Do the "actions" we take in our lives "effect" the outcome of our souls?

I believe so to a degree, but I also believe that there should be no religious tests as a requirement for office, so it shouldn't matter what I believe either way. A requirement for a religious test opens the door for religious persecution by TPTB if ever it came to that. Remember, every door you open lets things out as well as in.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Do the "actions" we take in our lives "effect" the outcome of our souls?

Our souls are always present. The effect our actions have on our souls is immediate but not ever lasting. Both effects that positive and negative actions have can be reversed by the other.

So when you say outcome, there is no outcome. The soul is an infinite journey. However if you are constantly going back and forth. You never get anywhere and end up confused. Pick a direction and see where it takes you.

There are more than two roads you can go on.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

everybody knows that's really TOFU!!

Tofurkey

OK, I have a couple of questions for all the candidates and others are welcome to answer this as well.

How did you hear about ATS?

Or in other words what brought you to ATS and why did you decide to stay?

My answer is the HIDDEN HAND

I stayed because I enjoyed learning and sharing personal experiences.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

OK, I have a couple of questions for all the candidates and others are welcome to answer this as well.

I tripped over it in an internet search during the 2008 Presidential elections.

I came for the politics, and stayed for the wider-ranging discussion that delves into every corner, and leaves no stone unturned.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

everybody knows that's really TOFU!!

Tofurkey

My answer is the HIDDEN HAND

I stayed because I enjoyed learning and sharing personal experiences.

A friend said "Hey, check out this website I'm a member of" and I said "ok" and then I posted a whole big bunch and as soon as the election is over, I'll be Regent!!

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join