It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

1. In one or two sentences, describe the work you are attempting to perform for Above Top Secret:

Debunking people who are claiming to be aliens.... seriously this could turn dangerous at some point, something like the Lieder incidents popping up all over...

2. What is your full name?
Like I would give that out publicly over the internet.... I do have some shred of wanting some isolation for my children...

3. What is your current nation of residence?
United States, not by choice.

4. What are your religious views?
Shinto

5. What are your other notable skills (e.g. painting, writing, woodcarving, computer programming)?
Parenting, Writing, Debating, I'm also an accomplished CG Artist...

6. Theoretical Situation: You're walking in a desert and you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting its soft underside bake in the hot sun. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? (Please answer in a short paragraph)

As I lived in the desert, I would never have allowed that to happen so it's a moot point.

7. If you were somehow given the ability to have a conversation with any one (1) historically notable figure, with whom would you converse? What if you had the ability to kill any historical figure?

Part One: Anwar Sadat... Would love to have interviewed him and asked his opinion on Egypt and it's history. Kill would have to be well... this is going to sound really odd.. Harry Truman, he bombed my home country with a lot of Radiation.. Not a fun type of thing to have happen.

8. How do you spend your free time?

What free time? Between work and the children I am barely able to have an hour to myself a day..

9. Theoretical Situation: Imagine you are a young woman who has never been asked on a date. A man whom you don't find particularly attractive asks you out. Would you take the sure choice and accept the date? Or would you rather gamble that someone like Gregory Peck comes along?

Don't have to make it theoretical I have dated men that I find to be unattractive physically because they stimulate my mind, and vice versa have dated men solely on their looks just for that reason.. More fun with the mind simulators though

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Commercial Blitz!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Psychiatric Evaluation Examination

Produced by Dr. Nosred on behalf of The Above Network, LLC

I will humor you.

1. In one or two sentences, describe the work you are attempting to perform for Above Top Secret:

I am not intending to do any work for ATS. I use this site for entertainment and informational purposes, and intend to keep it as it is.

Watch it Burn

I reside in the Idiocratic State of California.

I have none. Whether or not a god exists is irrelevant, it changes nothing.

5. What are your other notable skills (e.g. painting, writing, woodcarving, computer programming)?

Making explosives, cooking, automobile repair, improvisational engineering, sexual partner.

6. Theoretical Situation: You're walking in a desert and you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting its soft underside bake in the hot sun. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? (Please answer in a short paragraph)

I am not helping the tortoise because it is an evolutionary dead end. When startled these desert tortoises urinate then die of dehydration. Hippies actually go out and give these things IVs. It could be argued that I am giving it a more humane death by letting it bake quicker than the slower death of dehydration. I would probably take it home and make soup. Then I would have a nice ashtray to show for my efforts.

7. If you were somehow given the ability to have a conversation with any one (1) historically notable figure, with whom would you converse? What if you had the ability to kill any historical figure?

I think I would like to have a talk with Nicola Tesla. He sounds like he was an interesting person, and I would probably learn something useful. There are so many I would like to go back and kill, it is hard to decide. I'm going to decide on Jesus, because I'm running short on time this morning.

Conducting science experiments, working on cars, reading and exercising.

9. Theoretical Situation: Imagine you are a young woman who has never been asked on a date. A man whom you don't find particularly attractive asks you out. Would you take the sure choice and accept the date? Or would you rather gamble that someone like Gregory Peck comes along?

I would go on the date, you can always ditch the ugly guy later if necessary.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hello all and good morning.

I have finally been released from "the hole" by the most gracious warden and correctional officers of ATS. I was sentenced to 3 days in purgatory for bad behavior. It's good to finally see the light of day again.

I have some catching up to do here and I will have to take some time to answer the new questions. I plan to be back later with my answers.

In the mean time I would like to invite you all to read what I have been working on while I was away. I would appreciate all of your input.

Atrazine, Population Control and Lady Gaga

Thank you, IpsissimusMagus

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

1. I am participating in an online forum, just as everyone is. The remarkable thing about that is it just so happens to be the best conspiracy site on the internet.

2. Druid42.

3. USA

4. I'm pagan. I believe in an animistic worldview. We are to treat all living things with respect and dignity. There's no need for supreme beings when everything is sacred.

5. Writing, gardening, bee-keeping, programming, and fixing broken toasters.

6. Why would I even disturb it in the first place? I find that natural processes resolve themselves quickly enough without human interference.

7. Albert Einstein. Adolph Hitler.

8. Reading. Writing. Mountain biking. Surfing and lurking on ATS. Now that it's growing season, extra time is spent gardening.

9. I would like to think I'd be a homely girl, and would therefore go on the date. Two peas in a pod, and happiness ever after.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Commercial Break!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

1) Have you learned anything new from this thread? If so, what?

Absolutely. I've met some great people, some awesome & talented members and I have enjoyed every single candidate as they defined their persona and platforms. I have learned that genuine interest, altruism, sharing and having serious debates may be done appropriately and...being a community of diverse opinions, the opposite can also true.

2) Was your opinion of a candidate swayed by the mudslinging?

No.

3) Was this electoral process much like real life? Was that to be expected?

I was actually surprised that it turned so real. At first, I thought it would be a fun idea that would look like the Tin Foil Hat Contest where everyone had fun & enjoyed. But it did turn ugly at one point. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the race to turn sour for some candidates. Maybe I was naive. This turned out like real life. Very much so.

4) Did the candidates act as people, or politicians?

Both, I would think. I never liked politics as it turns out into power trips most of the time. Very few here haven't fallen for that.

lastly,

5) Is this election something you'd want to participate in next year? With the Regent being a year long title, would you want to participate again?

I don't think so. I have enjoyed the experience but won't commit as much next year...

Unless I run...

As it soon comes to an end, I do want to wish GOOD LUCK ! to ALL Candidates !

And whoever does win, be proud. You deserve it !!

Note : Having a close friend that ended up in the hospital not long ago, along with working hours, which both take an enormous toll on my time, I now retire from this thread, and from this election process. A big Thank You to everyone that has taken the time to answer the ATS oriented questions, everyone that has made this idea one of the very best I have seen in a VERY VERY long time !

See y'all after the votes.

~SonoftheSun out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
Hello all and good morning.

I have finally been released from "the hole" by the most gracious warden and correctional officers of ATS. I was sentenced to 3 days in purgatory for bad behavior. It's good to finally see the light of day again.

I have some catching up to do here and I will have to take some time to answer the new questions. I plan to be back later with my answers.

In the mean time I would like to invite you all to read what I have been working on while I was away. I would appreciate all of your input.

Atrazine, Population Control and Lady Gaga

Thank you, IpsissimusMagus

Welcome back Ipsiss.. a lot of people asked questions in your absence
some of us answered them

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

WB...it's hard to stay "mad" at you.....your new thread, research, and insights are brilliant, and very important to understand.....you never "killed" any puppies or babies....and I know you would have never "hurt" the turtle in the dessert unless you "had" to for food or to help him if he was already going to die....so you still have my vote.

Good Luck from the "girl" who will always Love You...♥

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

On the matter of re-starting after the Apocalypse -

I have no interest in restarting "civilization", nor do I have any interest in gathering a big community around myself in the aftermath. Herds are a big draw for predators.

6. Would you introduce a police force to uphold the laws? A military to protect your community? Or would the people be their own army, and police themselves? What of modern weapons such as firearms? Would they be allowed in your community? Even from protection from outside forces, or as hunting tools?

The people is the army. Weapons are kept in a stockade, and anyone can "check out" a weapon at anytime. Since the community members are close, and they know their first names, "Fred" knows that "Jack" is going squirrel hunting, after he checks out a .22 long rifle with a 15x40 scope.

There'll be guards that stand shift, and check their weapons in and out. Noone is allowed to take a firearm home. They are kept in the stockade. There are at least three stockades per settlement. Yes, armory is very important after the collapse. The guards will alert for an attack, and all citizens will take arms.

This part of my opponent's response is all I need to know that I'll be giving his community a wide berth, and not seeking to join it. I trust no man that is afraid of my weapons - there must be a reason for that fear in the absence of demonstrated aggression, and that reason is never a "good" one for the disarmed.

Part of that is probably just me, though - for the last 30 years, I have been unable to sleep at all without a weapon within hugging distance. People who are too easily surprised and unarmed at the same time frequently make beautiful corpses. It takes time to run to the magazine and arm up, and in that time, people get killed by the invaders. That is doubly true in a post apocalyptic scenario, where one must expect unwanted predatory company.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

WB...it's hard to stay "mad" at you.....your new thread, research, and insights are brilliant, and very important to understand.....you never "killed" any puppies or babies....and I know you would have never "hurt" the turtle in the dessert unless you "had" to for food or to help him if he was already going to die....so you still have my vote.

Good Luck from the "girl" who will always Love You...♥

I don't always agree with (or even get along with
) Ipsiss, but the new thread is very well written. I don't hate the guy, he just likes pushing my buttons
...but he's going to vote for me when the election finally rolls around

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Here's a few more questions for everyone reading.

nothing new, really. people are people, and it's interesting to watch them fly, nonetheless.

Not by the mudslinging, but by their response to it. That's the real purpose of mudslinging, anyhow - to provoke a reaction. The reaction to the mudslinging, more than the mudslinging itself, is the telling part.

it was more like the real world than I expected it would be.

people for the most part. One acted like a politician, and I NEVER trust politicians!

lastly,

5) Is this election something you'd want to participate in next year? With the Regent being a year long title, would you want to participate again?

Depends on whether I win or not. If I win, I think one term ought to be enough for anyone. I'm real big on term limits, to preclude career politicians!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Your answer to one of the things you hope to accomplish here at ATS is "debunking people "believing" or being "part aliens" really facinated me...Honestly this whole subject "freaks" me out too. I don't know how any reasonable person could outright "dismiss" that they exist and possibly "influenced" us....how that all applies to ancient texts, religion, and everything else we discuss here, I don't know?

But I gotta tell you, I DO NOT WANT to meet them, I don't like how "creepy", cold and "undercover" they seem to be, and while my "religion" would be best described as "Agnostic" with a Pagan / Christian "understanding". At the end of the day....I know that "God" / "Mother Nature" what ever you want to call it, can kick our ass.

So this is my question of the day to the canidates......Do the "actions" we take in our lives "effect" the outcome of our souls?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
When is the Poll?

I hope this isn't going to be strung out for months, like real life...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
When is the Poll?

I hope this isn't going to be strung out for months, like real life...

As soon as everybody agrees they should vote for me, we get to have the election!!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

If anything, it's helped to solidify them. Given the opportunity to think about possibilities has allowed me to think more openly, and to consider the IFs. I ran with it.

I've also learned about other members here, and that is a huge plus. Sure, it's an on-line scenario, not real life, but character remains true.

Here's a few more questions for everyone reading.

lastly,

1- Not new, but reaffirmed. Left to define their own platforms you get as many platforms as people participating. It show's to me anyway, the false logic in the idea of the 2 Party System we have in the US. It's to limiting to be representative.

2- Mudslinging tends to lead me to ignore that person.

3- Everything is real life. People act like people.

4- Is there a difference?

5- That is something I'd have to be asked next year.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Psychiatric Evaluation Examination

Produced by Dr. Nosred on behalf of The Above Network, LLC

edit on 28-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

Interesting group of questions. Seems to be targeted to assemble information to personally identify people. Is that the correct answer? Do I pass the test?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by vkey08

Your answer to one of the things you hope to accomplish here at ATS is "debunking people "believing" or being "part aliens" really facinated me...Honestly this whole subject "freaks" me out too. I don't know how any reasonable person could outright "dismiss" that they exist and possibly "influenced" us....how that all applies to ancient texts, religion, and everything else we discuss here, I don't know?

But I gotta tell you, I DO NOT WANT to meet them, I don't like how "creepy", cold and "undercover" they seem to be, and while my "religion" would be best described as "Agnostic" with a Pagan / Christian "understanding". At the end of the day....I know that "God" / "Mother Nature" what ever you want to call it, can kick our ass.

So this is my question of the day to the canidates......Do the "actions" we take in our lives "effect" the outcome of our souls?

Short answer yes, long answer follows:

Think of a person as a pebble, then throw that person into the water that is humanity, the ripples work their way out and touch everything to the point where if allowed to go, would be infinite.. this is why I am so against these self proclaimed "I'm an alien here to help you" posts, esp the people (and there's one I'm thinking of right now) that is using his DNA profile (which shows as any geneticist would state) some level of inbreeding in his family (its a very narrow field) and that somehow equates to "I'm an alien i have evidence to support me" and there are others here on the site that hang on his every word and really act like they are treating him like a cult figure.. Like I said in my answer that could very quickly become dangerous and someone could take action detrimental to themselves, which in turn would effect others and others beyond that.

So yes every action we take in life... resounds throughout the world and we pay for it as we go along (if it is a bad action) and reap it's rewards (if it is a good action) even if we don't necessarily see it at the time...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Very well said, Thank-you for your thoughtful answer....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I just wish to post quickly, wishing each of my fellow candidates great luck.

This has been and continues to be a wonderful experience that I am honored to be a part of.

I thank each of you for listening to where I stand on the issues and for taking the time to read my stances, ask me questions and even debate me at times.

Good luck!

edit on 28-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join