It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
okey so how do we vote?
or do you guys just pick a winner?

bezzer how long does a regent reign for?
my mind is made ready to vote
edit on 28-6-2012 by jplaysguitar because: i am ready to for.....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
how long does a regent reign for?

eternity

vote 4 me btw

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

im waiting till the last minute in hopes of being the swing vote. i think at this points down maybe participants and few mods and an owner in this thread
but we will see come election day 2012

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Psychiatric Evaluation Examination

Produced by Dr. Nosred on behalf of The Above Network, LLC

1. In one or two sentences, describe the work you are attempting to perform for Above Top Secret:

2. What is your full name?

3. What is your current nation of residence?

4. What are your religious views?

5. What are your other notable skills (e.g. painting, writing, woodcarving, computer programming)?

6. Theoretical Situation: You're walking in a desert and you come across a tortoise. You turn it over, letting its soft underside bake in the hot sun. You see it kicking, but you're not helping it. Why aren't you helping it? (Please answer in a short paragraph)

7. If you were somehow given the ability to have a conversation with any one (1) historically notable figure, with whom would you converse? What if you had the ability to kill any historical figure?

8. How do you spend your free time?

9. Theoretical Situation: Imagine you are a young woman who has never been asked on a date. A man whom you don't find particularly attractive asks you out. Would you take the sure choice and accept the date? Or would you rather gamble that someone like Gregory Peck comes along?

edit on 28-6-2012 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
This entire election is nothing but a #ing joke. Cut it out with your delusions of grandeur.

I was clearly talking about the membership and how they will vote, not about the types of campaigns people chose to run.

I am sorry to hear that you do not take this election seriously, in the slightest. Call it what you like, At the end of the day, the will of the people will prevail and I have faith that the members of ATS will be voting on the issues.

I wish my fellow candidates good luck!

Vote TRUTH_2012 for ATS Regent.
edit on 28-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I was clearly talking about the membership and how they will vote, not about the types of campaigns people chose to run.

Yes but the "membership" is supporting one of the most awful campaigns simply because she's made a few posts going "lol im a gurl i have boobs vote 4 me".

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
okey so how do we vote?
or do you guys just pick a winner?

bezzer how long does a regent reign for?
my mind is made ready to vote
edit on 28-6-2012 by jplaysguitar because: i am ready to for.....

There will be an official ATS poll.

ATS Regent lasts for one year.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

1) Have you learned anything new from this thread? If so, what?

Yes, I learned more about how ATS works, I learned more about members that participated, and learned a few things about myself too. I was greatly influenced by Ads and charismatic personalities, although I read everyone's debates, threads and answers to questions, I must admit there were times that it became "dry" and took effort to get through, which perhaps tells me something about my and other "voters" attention span"...and it bothered me actually.

2) Was your opinion of a candidate swayed by the mudslinging?

Yes, it was....however I do think "challenging" is not the same thing as "mudslinging"...It's a fine line what boudries can and should be "crossed" , once a "canidate" throws in thier "hat, lol, or "barrette" some "scrutiny of them as "humans" is reasonable....lol...which is why I would never run for a "public" office, too many skeletons in my closet.

3) Was this electoral process much like real life? Was that to be expected?

Yes, with the exception of T&C's being enforced.....in "real life" Rules are broken all the time in politics...which I think most of us agree makes it hard to not loose faith and keep trying to make a difference through voting. Probably why this "experiment" was so popular, we had some "control" over the process and direct access to canidates.

4) Did the candidates act as people, or politicians?

People are politicians...some are just more "human"

lastly,

5) Is this election something you'd want to participate in next year? With the Regent being a year long title, would you want to participate again?

I would probably not participate as actively, I think I learned what I was meant to learn, but I would follow it, and next year would be a whole new group of people which would be interesting to watch Hopefully they would have as much fun with it as I think we did most of the time....Amazing what one little bunny can pull off.....

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Yes but the "membership" is supporting one of the most awful campaigns simply because she's made a few posts going "lol im a gurl i have boobs vote 4 me".

And good for those who do support her. They have every right, whether you like it or not.. She ran her campaign as she saw fit, just as everyone else did.

At the end of the day, the people will vote on who they feel is best suited for the position of ATS Regent. I believe the people will vote on the issues... You apparently don't. Duly noted.

Vote TRUTH_2012 for ATS Regent

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Personally, I find this to be the greatest community I have ever come across on the internet and I am proud to say I have so much faith in the ATS community.

As for this election, I find that it has helped to bring the community even closer together.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Personally, I find this to be the greatest community I have ever come across on the internet

That's because you're one of them, you fit in just fine with the rest.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Ah, I see. Well, you are welcome to be a part of the community that is ATS, if you are some how feeling left out.

I would be happy to introduce you to lots of great people here at ATS, if you want.

Any of the candidates here, I am sure would be willing to help in that regard.

Whether they become ATS Regent or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Well, my offer and posts are genuine, though yours may not be.

Let me know if you change your mind.

Peace and love

Ladies and Gentleman, now is the time to come together in peace and in truth, for our community!

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

i laughed so hard at the tortois post!
thank you for that great stuff lol

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Time for a short commercial break:

Take care,
Cindi

Vote TRUTH_2012

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Have any candidates opinions on politics changed based on this thread?

My opinion remains unchanged.
As does my platform.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I wanted to say thanks to Beezer for putting this together. It has been fun.

As the last two candidates who had said they would interview are not responding, I am just taking it that they are declining, and therefore I am out since the elections will be moved up.

I learned a lot, and also a lot about my writing abilities, and that the person who once told me Scorpio's (which I am) are more likely to be murdered was probably right
(Now you all can safely say you know this as fact too!)

I wish all the candidates good luck, and it was great meeting all of you.

Oh and will someone just message me when it is time to vote? That would be awesome!

edit on 28-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
I wanted to say thanks to Beezer for putting this together. It has been fun.

As the last two candidates who had said they would interview are not responding, I am just taking it that they are declining, and therefore I am out since the elections will be moved up.

I learned a lot, and also a lot about my writing abilities, and that the person who once told me Scorpio's (which I am) are more likely to be murdered was probably right
(Now you all can safely say you know this as fact too!)

I wish all the candidates good luck, and it was great meeting all of you.

Oh and will someone just message me when it is time to vote? That would be awesome!

edit on 28-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Sure!! I'll be happy to give you a ride to the polls!!

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join