It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by beezzer

If it helps any, they do let you move it. I remember that from my time jump. That's one of the things that contributes to my landslide win

I just want the lotto numbers!

Can't give those out in public Beez... will have to PM you the various Mega Millions winners (for a cut of course)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

Up? Up to where? We are already BTS.

Seriously, does this mean that they are going to dust off the code for that awesome 3-d polling software, and actually sanction an election?

Staff? Any input on the validity on said claims?

Also, if said election is moved up, (which I agree with) will the candidates have an opportunity to give one final summation of their party and platform? Call it a closing campaign speech?

Since it's an internet vote, do I route all my supporters to the polls instead of driving them there?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

reply to post by beezzer

If it helps any, they do let you move it. I remember that from my time jump. That's one of the things that contributes to my landslide win

Can't give those out in public Beez... will have to PM you the various Mega Millions winners (for a cut of course)

you PROMISED you wouldn't tell anybody I shared them with you!!!

This could cause a rip in the space-time continuum!!!

RUN! RUN!! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

(I AM a chiten afterall
)
edit on 27-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

Up? Up to where? We are already BTS.

Seriously, does this mean that they are going to dust off the code for that awesome 3-d polling software, and actually sanction an election?

Staff? Any input on the validity on said claims?

Also, if said election is moved up, (which I agree with) will the candidates have an opportunity to give one final summation of their party and platform? Call it a closing campaign speech?

Part of the original concept that I had planned was to have the election culmonate in a vote (ala ATS poll), the powers that be appeared to have been in agreement.

I'm sure that there will be time for final campaign speeches.
edit on 27-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

you PROMISED you wouldn't tell anybody I shared them with you!!!

This could cause a rip in the space-time continuum!!!

RUN! RUN!! THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

(I AM a chiten afterall
)
edit on 27-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

SHHHHHHHHH I kept the really big winners for us.... need to keep Beez happy though or he'll drop parties from the ballots.....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Four Score and 7....ummmm 3-hour periods ago.... our forbeezers brought forth on this forum a new concept derived from liberty and dedicated to the proposition that we could do a good job with it.

Now we are engaged in a great civil debate, testing whether this election, or any election can endure. We have come to dedicate a part of this forum as the experimental field upon which to explore. It is all together fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate-- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow this forum. The brave men, women and chitens who have struggled here have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, although it will remain on the server until it crashes. It is for us, the members, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who have campaigned here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored candidates we take increased devotion to friendship and civility-- that we here highly resolve to treat one another with respect and dignity-- that this forum, denying ignorance, shall have a new birth of civility -- and that the forum of the people, by the people and for the people, shall not perish from the internet.

~blatantly plagarized and modified from the Gettysburg Address

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Has anyone heard from RealSpoke or twohawks? They both wrote me and said they wanted to do this interview, so I got them questions out the second I came back on Sunday and now neither is responding....

I am a little sad about that... I even had a last but not least band for them!

link   

SHHHHHHHHH I kept the really big winners for us.... need to keep Beez happy though or he'll drop parties from the ballots.....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*the artificial false power has gone to my head*

link   

OHHHHH ok...shew, I was skeered that the world was gonna rip apart before December!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
Has anyone heard from RealSpoke or twohawks? They both wrote me and said they wanted to do this interview, so I got them questions out the second I came back on Sunday and now neither is responding....

I am a little sad about that... I even had a last but not least band for them!

I checked their profiles. RealSpoke had a post on this morning and twohawks had one on last night so it's not a post ban or anything like that.... no idea

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*the artificial false power has gone to my head*

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Never deny the bunny "POWER"

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Tadeusz

Do you like your toilet paper over or under?

Standing on its side on a ledge.

As much as I hate to agree with a member of an opposing Party, just this once I'll concede on this issue and this issue only.

The idea of having the roll on a spindle causing the paper to often break at the wrong length is madness. Not to mention it's often at an odd angle requiring one to resort to contortions to even get a grip on the problem. Off the spindle and on it's side sitting there, where you can pick it up and have complete dominion over the toilet paper roll is the correct answer.

I can see a time in our future where the new norm will be to abandon the insane spindles and the little alcoves in the wall, along with the unnatural position's required just to tear off a few sheets.

Just think of the environmental consequences
Every day how many extra sheets of three ply are wasted due to the maddening interference of the roll being on a spindle, instead of free to allow for proper rationing

Then there are those giant rolls inside their plastic prisons in public restrooms
All that paper sitting there to use and no matter what you do you can't tear off more than one sheet at a time. What mad inventor came up with such an evil device? Sometimes I want to take down the company name off the devices and organize a million person march to demand they destroy them all before they destroy us

Let them know how you feel folks and refuse to place those rolls on those spindles. Don't let them control you by convincing you that you must do so just to fit in!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Ok on a serious note: I have a few questions for the Candidates or their party's representatives myself...

1.) Original or Extra crispy [PurpleChiten speaking of suntanning of course]

The new Grilled and I like the two piece, both breasts, one for each hand. It's a brave new world and we are no longer limited to just the two choices.

2.) Socks or Pants first?

Both, depends on the day and which I have in my hands first. Doing it the same each day seems OCD to me.

3.) Squeezing the tube of toothpaste:

A. the bottom
B. the middle.
C. all over the sink missing the brush completely

All of the above.

4.) Would you help a sweet little old lady cross the street? If so, why?

Yes. I'm not a jerk.

5.) Paper or Plastic and why? [Token environmental concern question]

Paper of course. Makes good kindling for the fireplace and it's renewable.

Using Star Trek as a reference:

6.) Which best describes your previous political party's stance [or what you thought of some] and please give examples.

A. Klingon
B. Farrengi
C. Romulin
D. Federation
E. Cylons
E. Borg

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Honesty, integrity, civility, experience, connections, the ability and know how to work with the people and make this an even greater community!

Connections! Nuff said!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Nosred has my vote.

He is the best qualified for this position...and he makes you all look like fools.

Without Nosred...this entire thing would be a waste.

Thanks Nos...for giving purpose to the ATS Regent Election.

OK, What are you being paid? What favors have you been promised by the elitist Patrician in exchange for your endorsement? A Flag on every thread? A star on every post? Come on, fess up.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

1. What system of governance would you introduce? If any? Would it be a monarchial society with you as its creator at the head? Or would it be a true democratic society with the people having the final and absolute voice and vote? Or would it be a martial law state with soldiers who protect the civilians, but at the same time rule over them?

Democratic of course. As I've implied before, I'm not in this to change anything. Everyone can carry on and ignore me completely, while freely getting on with their lives in any manner they wish.

2. What infrastructure would you build? If any? Would you attempt buildings, agriculture and electricity like the current system we have? Or would you prefer a natural existence or even a nomadic one?

To each their own.

3. Would you re-introduce money and taxation? Or would you have a barter system introduced where trade for goods and services is the norm? How would people pay for their basic goods and services if at all?

This is a Free site supported by advertising, which is as it should be.

4. In any society laws prevent chaos, or that is what we were taught in the current system. Thus, what laws, if any would you create to keep order? How would you exact justice to those who broke the law? And what punishments, if any, would you deem sufficient to those who broke the laws, up to and including corporal punishment for the worst crimes?

I think the current T & C's are adequate the way they are. The last thing we need is more regulation.

5. What of religion? In a post apocalyptic world does the faith of a supreme being have a place? Would you even allow religion within your community? If so, in what capacity?

Religious Freedom and all other God given Rights are something we are born with. No elected official, not even and "unofficial" official has the right to tell others what to believe. My only thought on that is I'm opposed to those who try to force their beliefs on others and I'll always speak out against those bigots who mock and ridicule people of Faith.

6. Would you introduce a police force to uphold the laws? A military to protect your community? Or would the people be their own army, and police themselves? What of modern weapons such as firearms? Would they be allowed in your community? Even from protection from outside forces, or as hunting tools?

You know, the office of Regent would hold no such powers? Don't you? Sounds like questions you should be asking Obama or Romney.

7. What process would you put in place to allow new people to join your community? Would you even allow new people to join your community? Would it be an open door policy? Would you only allow people with a certain skill set to become part of your community?

Your questions get weirder and weirder. Who would want to be on a Board with bigots who want to have an elite club in charge?

8. And finally, what process would you use for the workforce to sustain the community? Would people be assigned jobs based on their former skills? How would you go about designating jobs to people in order to keep the community going? If at all? Would it be a worker benefits the community as a whole system, such as (gasp), communism? Or would people be free to work at their own leisure and pace, and maintain their own survival means, such as shelter and food?

In this case the Mod's are picked by the Owners I'd assume. Seems to work well here, so why fix what's not broken?

This constant quest for change is an insanity. What people need is a stable reliable and fair system and then work to make it the best it can be. Let's fix what we already have. Again what does this have to do with this election?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I have made a request to the mods and staff to move te election up.

This required me to perform several rituals in order for the mods to consider my request. As a result, I am temporarily out of vestal virgins.

We'll just have to wait and see.

beez

Oh the woes of voter apathy.

So, were any of the "rituals" fun or just run of the mill rituals?
edit on 6/27/2012 by Blaine91555 because: creative spelling.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
What system of governance would you introduce? If any? Would it be a monarchial society with you as its creator at the head? Or would it be a true democratic society with the people having the final and absolute voice and vote? Or would it be a martial law state with soldiers who protect the civilians, but at the same time rule over them?

Well, no one would have the ability to do any of this as ATS Regent, so these answers wont provide much of a look into what kind of job each candidate would do as ATS Regent, but I will be glad to answer them for you, anyway.If I had this power, though no ATS Regent would, I would work on forming a true democratic society where the will of the people is what will prevail. The popular vote is what will count, rather than an out dated mode of voting, such as the Electoral College. Just as ATS is a member driven site, the world would be a people driven one.

What infrastructure would you build? If any? Would you attempt buildings, agriculture and electricity like the current system we have? Or would you prefer a natural existence or even a nomadic one?

Ultimately, that would be up to the people to vote on. But, my vote would go for something similar to what we have now, only with less dependence on foreign oil, and a world that runs on energy sources that are healthier for each of us and better for the environment. But at the end of the day the will of the people would prevail

Would you re-introduce money and taxation? Or would you have a barter system introduced where trade for goods and services is the norm? How would people pay for their basic goods and services if at all?

My vote would go to money and taxation. Taxes, though, not fun, are needed to keep any country and government up and running. People would be able to pay for things, either by working like we do now, to earn money to pay for it, or if they so choose, as they can still do right now, barter/trade for it.

In any society laws prevent chaos, or that is what we were taught in the current system. Thus, what laws, if any would you create to keep order? How would you exact justice to those who broke the law? And what punishments, if any, would you deem sufficient to those who broke the laws, up to and including corporal punishment for the worst crimes?

In my opinion, the US constitution and bill of rights is a great set of rules and rights to follow. The only difference is we would not use the electoral college...The popular vote would rule.

What of religion? In a post apocalyptic world does the faith of a supreme being have a place? Would you even allow religion within your community? If so, in what capacity?

Yes, religion would be allowed. Everyone has the right to believe as they want as far as God and religion goes. It would be naive to suggest that any world would not have religion, anyway. People will always believe something...No matter what.

Would you introduce a police force to uphold the laws? A military to protect your community? Or would the people be their own army, and police themselves? What of modern weapons such as firearms? Would they be allowed in your community? Even from protection from outside forces, or as hunting tools?

We would have a police force to uphold the law. But because of their position of "authority" They would be voted in by the people. The position would last 2 years and depending on the job they did, the people could vote for them to keep policing, or not....For another 2 years.

What process would you put in place to allow new people to join your community? Would you even allow new people to join your community? Would it be an open door policy? Would you only allow people with a certain skill set to become part of your community?
Again, as the will of the people is what prevails, the people would vote on immigration, whether or not we have an open door policy or not...But as far as I am concerned, I would not want to just limit my community to only allow people with just certain abilities...But the people will decide as a whole.

And finally, what process would you use for the workforce to sustain the community? Would people be assigned jobs based on their former skills? How would you go about designating jobs to people in order to keep the community going? If at all? Would it be a worker benefits the community as a whole system, such as (gasp), communism? Or would people be free to work at their own leisure and pace, and maintain their own survival means, such as shelter and food?

In rebuilding society, one could argue that there are jobs left and right. Building, farming, anything you can think of. As we do now, people would and could use their abilities to apply for a job that will help rebuild or what have you, using their abilities and that way, will society be rebuilt. No need to force jobs on people when the majority are looking for a way to earn and provide for themselves and their family, using the skills they have.

EDIT: FIXING BROKEN QUOTES
edit on 27-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
While I'm glad to see the latest posts getting back to the original intent of this thread, I want to make it clear that if turns back into meaningless chit chat, it will either be closed or moved to Chit Chat.

I know some of you are really enjoying this, don't let it get shut down by pointlessness, TAC violations or, worse yet, drama.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join