The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ignoring the non-sequiter, how do you believe decisions should be made?

With rash unbridled hatred towards that which we don't understand.

As many times as you'd like. It still won't make it true.

But calling something "a lie" that is a lie, is true.

Just because there are pics doesn't mean it happened.

I never said that the content of the photo happened. Only that a picture proves that a photograph was taken.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I never said that the content of the photo happened. Only that a picture proves that a photograph was taken.

Not necessarily; it could be entirely CGI.

Now we're getting somewhere; the subtle differences in our parties' platforms are beginning to take shape.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Not necessarily; it could be entirely CGI.

Silence the public is not ready for this knowledge.

They must never know about CGI or we will all be doomed.

This just in ....... News Flash
edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

Another disturbing incident caught on camera
edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You must show proper ID in order to vote.

Here's my ID:

Do I get an extra vote for every punch I can make on it?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

You must show proper ID in order to vote.

Here's my ID:

Do I get an extra vote for every punch I can make on it?

That is THE BEST ID CARD IN THE WORLD!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I vote for

Monster raving looney party

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Unfortunately, the Regent wll have to answer to a higher power.

That's true to life - what head of state DOESN'T have to answer to TPTB?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can we propose an entirely new party?

Personally.....I want to start the SMILEY FACE FACTION.....but I will wait for permission.

(sighs over the irony)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That is THE BEST ID CARD IN THE WORLD!

I also have my birth certificate, if you require two forms of ID. I KNOW it's valid, because I made it on the same blank as Obama made his first release!

It's in my old pictures that i can't get to, but if you require the second form of ID before I hit the booth, I've got a backup stored in a secure, undisclosed location.

Does the ATS Regent get to wear a tinfoil crown when we elect him/her/it?

ETA: Did I say "I made"? I really meant "was issued by the state of Hawaii"!

edit on 2012/6/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

"Since the public is not ready for this knowledge". Where have I heard this before, oh yes, Big Brother.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I have a feeling that your party will be very difficult to find on the ballet...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Holder said he would but he's looking at 5 to 10 years for gun running.

That's ILLEGAL?!?

I'll be back in a few minutes. there's someone.... erm, something I've got to take care of real quick...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

* Bringing all allied troops home.

I don't think the Brits will lets us keep theirs....

* Dissolving negative aspects of the EU

Wouldn't that mean dissolving the entire EU?

* Gradually weed out corrupt peoples in Government and military branches.

I was going to say that mentioning "weed" violates the T+C, but then I thought that to do so might put ME in violation, too, so I won't....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Actually yes it does

I demand that SecDef FlyersFan call out the ATS Air Force.

NOW.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Let it be known that I'm running for the first political office in my life. ATS Regent. I would be honored to represent ATS in this fashion. As long as it opens other doors that is.

Anyone has my permission to nominate me, and I'll represent any political party that gives me the best chance of winning.

Just like a good politician.

I have to warn you though, things on this side of the computer might be changing soon ( Fingers crossed ) so I may not be able to give my constituents on their side of the computer the time they feel they have been getting in the past. ( Again, just trying to be a good politician. )

That, and if you ever want to debate me, on this site, you better come well versed. I will be a challenge. I've been known to demote mods. ( No, really )

Even Springer shakes in his boots when he hears me log on
( Oh God, what's he going to write today ):lol :

Gotta Get.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'll take this moment to announce my party and platform: (Beez, can we get an updated Party/Nominee list?)

It's with certain intent and much regret that society has become a blistering mass of greed and destruction. Therefore, I intend to run under the newly created (honest, just a few minutes ago), Anarchists of Gaia Party. I'll proceed by laying out a few important distinctions in this particular platform.

1) We are alone in this universe. There are no ET's or aliens. However, the primary aspect of this party is to initiate a comprehensive world wide consortium to develop feasible interstellar travel.

2) The current system of government is corrupted, no doubt, and therefore we seek to disband the current federal system into localized regions worldwide. The current fiat currencies will be replaced with a single monetary system, and a new constitution of humans rights will be created. Wealth is imaginary.

3) The development of "green science" will be funded as the highest priority. All nuclear power plants are to be decommissioned by 2016.

4) Freedom will be restored to individuals, and the collective efforts of humanity will determine a new level of "common sense" in human rights. Only after extreme effort will we be able to unify our species and create a better future for all mankind.

Further implications of joining this party will be explained and addressed as questions arise. Thank you for your time.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Sinny

I don't think the Brits will lets us keep theirs....

Nope you can keep them =) When i win the election we wont need troops because the first agenda on my manifesto is..

1: World Peace

and then a think tank will be set up to answer the question on what we should do with world peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I'll take this moment to announce my party and platform: (Beez, can we get an updated Party/Nominee list?)

It's with certain intent and much regret that society has become a blistering mass of greed and destruction. Therefore, I intend to run under the newly created (honest, just a few minutes ago), Anarchists of Gaia Party. I'll proceed by laying out a few important distinctions in this particular platform.

1) We are alone in this universe. There are no ET's or aliens. However, the primary aspect of this party is to initiate a comprehensive world wide consortium to develop feasible interstellar travel.

How can you know this, to state this is a fact is dishonest and is not a great basis for your party imo.

2) The current system of government is corrupted, no doubt, and therefore we seek to disband the current federal system into localized regions worldwide. The current fiat currencies will be replaced with a single monetary system, and a new constitution of humans rights will be created. Wealth is imaginary.

We dont need money, we just need robots.

3) The development of "green science" will be funded as the highest priority. All nuclear power plants are to be decommissioned by 2016.

I agree with this one. Well said.

4) Freedom will be restored to individuals, and the collective efforts of humanity will determine a new level of "common sense" in human rights. Only after extreme effort will we be able to unify our species and create a better future for all mankind.

Thats number one on my agenda but its last on yours. What does that say about your priorities.....
edit on 17/6/12 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sounds good.

I have nomination in mind, drum roll please!

DUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUMDUM DUM

My nomination is... MEEEEEEEEEEE!

Wide-Eyes for regency, I will bring you hope and change!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I nominate myself as Regent of ATS under the banner of the Stark Party (as in Ned Stark from Game Of Thrones).

I will follow in Ned Stark's footsteps (though hopefully avoiding beheading), and serve as an upright and honorable Regent of this great [virtual] land. However, as supreme ruler, I will enforce certain rules in my reign.

1) Idiots must be punished in accordance with the law, by making hilariously sarcastic comments in reply to their idiotic posts. Replies to their posts must appear to be serious, and only recognizable as sarcasm by those with a well developed sense of humor. Other acceptable, though not quite as desired, punishments include feigned ignorance of the idiot's very existence, and taking a road trip to the idiot's house to throw eggs on it.

2) Membership in the Stark Party:
a) Membership is granted by His Supreme Starkness, OrphenFire, or his appointed Stark Assistant.
b) Members enjoy a variety of benefits:
i) Bragging Rights
ii) Free [virtual] beers whenever desired
iii) Free downloads of His Supreme Starkness' musical creations.
c) All Party Members must adhere to a strict Moral Code which ordinary citizens of ATS do not:
i) No one liner posts.
ii) Stark Party Members must use proper grammar and spelling in the English language.
iii) That's it really... I mean, those two things shouldn't be too hard.

3) That's pretty much it. Oh yeah, this should go in section 2(b), but we also get complementary [virtual] cigars. So uh, there's that.

4) Vote for me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join