It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

LOL...your cool Chicken...I rarely watch TV anymore.....but what is going through my mind right now is a famous "Judge Judy" line....""well, you picked him"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I get disgusted by neanderthals who can't treat women with resepect.
The measure of your manhood isn't in the way you feel about or treat yourself but in the way you treat others. A REAL MAN treats a woman (and other men) with dignity and respect.
If you find me treating someone differently than that, you can rest assured, they are not women OR men but merely egotistical children who need to be corrected.

.....dagnabbit, I'm becoming more and more of a curmudgeon every day!!!.... Not abandoning my party though Neno!!!!!

Hands you a cane...

go on.....You've earned it

WOOOHOOOO I have a cane!!!
Now all you whippersnappers.... get off my lawn!!! .....but vote for the Smylee Ninja Birthday Party LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

LOL...your cool Chicken...I rarely watch TV anymore.....but what is going through my mind right now is a famous "Judge Judy" line....""well, you picked him"

www.youtube.com...

I just get over protective of the ladies.... my momma raised me that way

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Now is the time to come together in peace and in truth, for our community.

Diplomacy is the way to go... I think we have all seen what incivility gets us. I have run and will continue to run a clean and civil campaign, as I feel any ATS Regent should do.

Honesty, integrity, civility, experience, connections, the ability and know how to work with the people and make this an even greater community!

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ok,,,time to get down to "serious" buisness.......friggin "drama queens".....

My question to all...when was the last time you "rocked" out ? Was it in front of a mirror?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

My question to all...when was the last time you "rocked" out ? Was it in front of a mirror?

www.youtube.com...

Had a good Karaoke time with my family last weekend!
I avoid mirrors whenever I can!!! ....ummmm only because I am so extremely good looking of course!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
ATTENTION PARTICIPANTS

Let's not lose focus of the actual intent of the thread.

Thank you.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Your avatar makes me miss my pug

...but it's very cute! Love those doggies!
Vote For Purple Chiten!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Yes I did...and you were right on.....

Des

I was sort of thunderstruck and speechless over the original photo that prompted the video....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Tadeusz
Whatever you do, DON'T vote for the Reverse Psychology Party.

I paid,and I am still waiting for an answer.........

See? It really works for campaign finance! I told the committee we didn't need any fancy 30k per plate dinners in California with big stars like whats-his-name!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I get disgusted by neanderthals who can't treat women with resepect.
The measure of your manhood isn't in the way you feel about or treat yourself but in the way you treat others. A REAL MAN treats a woman (and other men) with dignity and respect.
If you find me treating someone differently than that, you can rest assured, they are not women OR men but merely egotistical children who need to be corrected.

.....dagnabbit, I'm becoming more and more of a curmudgeon every day!!!.... Not abandoning my party though Neno!!!!!

Luke.... I am your fah-thuh... come to the Dark Side.....

It's inevitable. The older one gets, the more curmudgeonly he gets, and every day that goes by, you are a day...older.

More Curmudgeonly!

It's inevitable, you WILL join us, eventually....

edit on 2012/6/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

My rocker sits on the front porch, right next to my shotgun.

No, there aren't any mirrors there. What would I need one for? I already KNOW I'm old! No need to confirm it every day!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Des

I was sort of thunderstruck and speechless over the original photo that prompted the video....

It was a great photo wasn't it? ... trying to show us she was too old and actually showed she was quite vibrant... and wasn't standing on a lawn or anything!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Des

It was a great photo wasn't it? ... trying to show us she was too old and actually showed she was quite vibrant... and wasn't standing on a lawn or anything!

Exactly! they didn't make "old" women like that when I was a kid!

If she had been standing on a lawn, I'd have missed the lawn altogether....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
PLEASE STAND BY!

A series of new questions awaits our Regents-to-be....

Our Australian correspondent, in conjuction (and collusion) with our German parent company Weeping Bunny News has devised a new test of leadership for those wishing to take up the tin-foil crown of ATS, with an all new subject that has a definite and distinctive ATS/Doomsday slant.

The skies are darkening out there. Objects are being seen in the evening sky. It is time to don your crown and lead us from the darkness.

More to follow very soon....

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK. With Beezzer’s approval, I have a follow on series of questions to all candidates. These may be taken in jest or seriousness, the choice is yours. While the real world issues are important here, some of the more ATS slanted topics should be addressed by our Regents-to-be, including the scenario we are quite possibly only six months or so away from. The dreaded 2012/end of the world ongoing saga.

So, this is our scenario. 2012, Niburu, the great flood, the apocalypse, the end of times, whatever your choosing, has cometh. Mankind has been reduced to a shadow of its former self, and a second dark age has begun.
As a natural leader of men and women, you have gathered a community of survivors to your side with the intention of starting over. The questions are as follows;

1. What system of governance would you introduce? If any? Would it be a monarchial society with you as its creator at the head? Or would it be a true democratic society with the people having the final and absolute voice and vote? Or would it be a martial law state with soldiers who protect the civilians, but at the same time rule over them?

2. What infrastructure would you build? If any? Would you attempt buildings, agriculture and electricity like the current system we have? Or would you prefer a natural existence or even a nomadic one?

3. Would you re-introduce money and taxation? Or would you have a barter system introduced where trade for goods and services is the norm? How would people pay for their basic goods and services if at all?

4. In any society laws prevent chaos, or that is what we were taught in the current system. Thus, what laws, if any would you create to keep order? How would you exact justice to those who broke the law? And what punishments, if any, would you deem sufficient to those who broke the laws, up to and including corporal punishment for the worst crimes?

5. What of religion? In a post apocalyptic world does the faith of a supreme being have a place? Would you even allow religion within your community? If so, in what capacity?

(Just a note here, I have deliberately not included one specific religion over another. The question should not devolve as to which religion is best in such a time, moreso if the question of faith has a place in such a time.)

6. Would you introduce a police force to uphold the laws? A military to protect your community? Or would the people be their own army, and police themselves? What of modern weapons such as firearms? Would they be allowed in your community? Even from protection from outside forces, or as hunting tools?

7. What process would you put in place to allow new people to join your community? Would you even allow new people to join your community? Would it be an open door policy? Would you only allow people with a certain skill set to become part of your community?

8. And finally, what process would you use for the workforce to sustain the community? Would people be assigned jobs based on their former skills? How would you go about designating jobs to people in order to keep the community going? If at all? Would it be a worker benefits the community as a whole system, such as (gasp), communism? Or would people be free to work at their own leisure and pace, and maintain their own survival means, such as shelter and food?

Answers don't need to be limited to the suggestions here, but I would be interested to see the candidates take on this scenario, as it is a popular topic here on ATS. The overall idea is a thinking answer of how or whether you would deal with a new system vs. the current system in place in the world. Have some fun, absolutely. I look forward to your answers candidates, have at it

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join