It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by beezzer
Alright folks, before I turn in for the night (a book and a scotch awaits)

Exactly how much "Scotch" was flowing through your veins when you concocted this idea of "Regent"?

Enquiring minds want to know?

Um, (gawd, this is so embarassing)

I was sober at the time.

It won't happen again, promise!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
I haven't been here long enough to run for anything, but I'd really like for a Regent or whatever else they want to call it to help people who are new, guide them how to find interesting forums and show them the ropes. It would be very helpful as this is a really big site and there are a lot of people who only want to argue and provoke people instead of discussing things.

I like the people who are humorous and have fun when it's appropriate, but I don't like the ones who attack tiny details and want nothing more than a fight.

Some of the questions I would ask the Regent are:

What is the average education level here and what effect does that have on things?

Is there equal representation of men and women?

What is the average age range?

I guess I like to know who the audience is in order to present my opinion and beliefs in the most constructive way.

Now that is a reasonable request; only I think it would be better if everyone were encouraged to cut new members some slack and help them acclimate to ATS.

That's actually my nephew.... I told him to RUN, RUN AWAY before he got hooked!!! He doesn't listen well though LOL

ETA: not nearly as good lookin as me either, and isn't allowed to use the time machine

edit on 25-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Breaking News

I have just concluded secret negotiations for their backing, moments ago.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So you aren't for "hope and change"?

Change is Hope? OK.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Change is Hope? OK.

I'm thinking to have Hope would BE a Change...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Change is Hope? OK.

I'm thinking to have Hope would BE a Change...

On that we agree.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I made a platform thread, now I'm off to make some platform heels.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think that it's sad when someone running has to resort to being overly insulting (some of the harmless back and forth is nothing compared to this..) I am officially calling out Nosred for using the word pleb to refer to me..

No. Get out of here pleb.

A response to my asking for him to clarify his string of nonsense as it made very little sense.

now the definition of the word:

Actually defined as a member of a despised social class, a commoner, a member of the plebs of ancient Rome. Also low-born, undisinguished, vulgar, and my personal favourite: vulgar-looking.

Are we going there folks?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

Yes.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
I think that it's sad when someone running has to resort to being overly insulting (some of the harmless back and forth is nothing compared to this..) I am officially calling out Nosred for using the word pleb to refer to me..

No. Get out of here pleb.

A response to my asking for him to clarify his string of nonsense as it made very little sense.

now the definition of the word:

Actually defined as a member of a despised social class, a commoner, a member of the plebs of ancient Rome. Also low-born, undisinguished, vulgar, and my personal favourite: vulgar-looking.

That is no way to treat a lady!
A true leader or representative does not try to subjugate those around him/her, but to lift up all others and hold each to the same status.
A man isn't measured by what he does in his own interest but what he does in the interest of others.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
While Nosred's use of the term Pleb might not be in keeping with the generally accepted standards of civil discourse. Allowing words on a computer screen to effect ones emotional state is not a trait that bodes well for someone who seeks to hold a public office.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

meh, his 15 minutes is almost up and everybody gets at least that much

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, I've been busy gathering endorsements for everyone from celebrities around the world.

It's a two minute long GIF, (Two minutes you'll never get back!) but I can now announce official celebrity endorsements for 15 of our most dear candidates. Enjoy.....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

WOOOOT WOOOT! I get Leno!!!! .... Hawking would pick me too, he just hasn't met me yet

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Touché salesman, touché.

While, I appreciated Mr. Bush's support, I will not be accepting his endorsement.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Druid42

Touché salesman, touché.

While, I appreciated Mr. Bush's support, I will not be accepting his endorsement.

That is all.

Can't blame ya there! Shew, that would be enough to make me drop out of the race if I had to accept him!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

LMAO...now that was VERY funny...oh my goodness.....Beez...you really "aced" this experiment, and it has been my absolute pleasure to get to know all of you.......Druid, you absolutely win for the funniest video so far...

Hope "my guy" is back soon.....will do my best in the meantime.......

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I wish my fellow candidates good luck in this election.

Now is the time to come together in peace and in truth, for this community.

Vote Truth_2012

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join