It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Curmudgeon Party

Candidate: nenothtu

Flag:

Campaign Button:

Thank you for your support!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I am here, to simply reaffirm my commitment to this election and to the office of ATS Regent. From the beginning I have taken this seriously, have ran a clean campaign and have every intention of continuing in that fashion.

People are noticing and my support is growing.

Some of us are getting a bit...Excited... and attacks are flying left and right between a few...But, I wish to assure you, you will not see that coming from my campaign. Period.

Honesty, integrity, fairness, civility, patience, respect....These are what I am all about when it comes to ATS and everything I do here, as well as in life.

I urge all of my fellow candidates to remember, we may disagree on some subjects, but this does not mean we need to turn to incivility. We an disagree civilly and work to reach common ground.

Remember, when you play dirty, it is not hurting others..It only hurts yourself.

I am enjoying this election, am meeting new people and learning new things about old friends as well. Lots of respect has been gained, by me, for many and I wish to say thank you to each of you running and to each of you following the election.

Now, it is time we come together in peace and in truth....As a community.

I thank you all for your support. I am in this for the long run!

Peace and love

Vote TRUTH_2012

edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Smyleeface Ninja Birthday Party aka (Conglomerated Holistic Intelligence Tandem Engaging Nature Party=CHITEN Party) LOL
Candidate: PurpleChiten (Ninja member of CIA ...that's "Chitenz Iz Awesum") with my silent partner Smyleegrl for moral support (and muscle when needed according to her avatar)
Status: somewhat active but getting ready for bed so I can be more active tomorrow

.....this was an essay question right?

ETA: and don't forget I'm the best looking AND I have a time machine!!!

edit on 25-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

edit on 2012/6/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
We've had our second mod warning.

While this "experiment" has been enjoyable, I'd like to know that we can carry this "election" to fruition without being "closed down" by management. I believe we can do this, without repeatedly violating the T&Cs.

My suggestion is to have all candidates that are actively participating to list their party and to affirm their desire to continue in a respectable and dignified manner. (Well, at least to be respectable.
)

After a short time, beezzer should be able to compile a list of serious candidates. I do however, use the term "serious" loosely.

We've vested our time and efforts into this campaign, so let's set an example for the rest of ATS, OK?

I'll start:

The Anarchists for Gaia Party.
Candidate: Druid42.

Continue.....

edit on 6/25/12 by Druid42 because: fixed bbcode

That's a great idea! It'll separate the wheat from the chaff (as it were) and give me a list of people who actually want to participate.
I've not cut anyone due to lack of participation, nor do I want to. But, the individuals that have displayed effort into our little experiment do earn the respect and consideration of myself so I will be "cutting" the non-participants.

beez

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I fell asleep before all of the fun

Anyhow..... Status Active

The ATS Clueless Girls Party
Vkey08

I'm still waking up I need coffee... bad....

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Apocalypse Now Party for ATS Regency

Candidate: Watchitburn

Status: Active...ly plotting the downfall of the human race.

Campaign Song:

You're gonna like it.....It's gonna be fun.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Campaign Song...... One Girl Revolution...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I've been briefly authorized to speak for another candidate:

The Shmear Party
Candidate: IpsissimusMagus

(Taking a campaign break till Weds. or Thurs. but still in.)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When it comes to debate protocol, Doreen, Sharon and myself always-always
state down at H.Q:

edit on 25-6-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
I've been briefly authorized to speak for another candidate:

The Shmear Party
Candidate: IpsissimusMagus

(Taking a campaign break till Weds. or Thurs. but still in.)

I too have been authorized to speak on behalf of Just Chris of the "50 Shades Of Debate" Party.

Party Name: 50 Shades Of Debate
Candidate: Just Chris

He too is taking a break till Weds. or Thurs. but still in.)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Candidate: DJW001
Party: Radical Centrist:

This mock election is beginning to mirror a real election in unanticipated ways. Most of the candidates are not taking it seriously; they are using it as a vehicle to express their discontent with the democratic process, mostly through satire. A small number of front runners have emerged, but they are increasingly relying on their force of personality and promises they cannot possibly keep. I will continue to act in precisely the way I have indicated, whether I am elected or not. The only promise I have made that I will need to act on, should I be elected, involves a trip to Chinatown to purchase a purple kimono.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Really?

:shk:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Candidate: DJW001
Party: Radical Centrist:

This mock election is beginning to mirror a real election in unanticipated ways. Most of the candidates are not taking it seriously; they are using it as a vehicle to express their discontent with the democratic process, mostly through satire. A small number of front runners have emerged, but they are increasingly relying on their force of personality and promises they cannot possibly keep. I will continue to act in precisely the way I have indicated, whether I am elected or not. The only promise I have made that I will need to act on, should I be elected, involves a trip to Chinatown to purchase a purple kimono.

You're getting purple because you wanna be more like me aren't ya?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The ATS People's Party

Candidate: daaskapital

I have not had much time lately, and may not have much time over the coming months. This being said however, i will continue to actively campaign for the people of Above Top Secret.com.

My theme song...? For the time being, this may have to be it:

The song may be subject to change

edit on 25-6-2012 by daaskapital because: title

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC
(oh my gawd! I know why we haven't heard from him!)

The Shmear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

The Undeclared Party
Blaine91555

The Booze Party
boncho

The 50 Shades Of Debate Party
Just Chris

The ATS Clueless Girls Party
vkey08

The Apocalypse Now Party
watchitburn

I've tried to clean up the list (with the awesome help of SonoftheSun
)

If you want to run and you don't see your name or party, LET ME KNOW!!!
edit on 25-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The "Undeclared Party" is still alive and kicking here, even though work had to take a front seat the last few days.

I know some did not think I was serious, but I am.

One of the problems I'm trying to point out is that change is not always a good thing. Sometimes progress is to leave what is not broken alone.

Many think the answer is more rules, more regulation, more, more, more and even more.

I think this place is well managed and the Mod's are the best I've seen on any Board. Leave it be and let the very capable people in charge now continue to do the outstanding job they have done so far.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The "Undeclared Party" is still alive and kicking here, even though work had to take a front seat the last few days.

I know some did not think I was serious, but I am.

One of the problems I'm trying to point out is that change is not always a good thing. Sometimes progress is to leave what is not broken alone.

Many think the answer is more rules, more regulation, more, more, more and even more.

I think this place is well managed and the Mod's are the best I've seen on any Board. Leave it be and let the very capable people in charge now continue to do the outstanding job they have done so far.
edit on 6/25/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

So you aren't for "hope and change"?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
I haven't been here long enough to run for anything, but I'd really like for a Regent or whatever else they want to call it to help people who are new, guide them how to find interesting forums and show them the ropes. It would be very helpful as this is a really big site and there are a lot of people who only want to argue and provoke people instead of discussing things.

I like the people who are humorous and have fun when it's appropriate, but I don't like the ones who attack tiny details and want nothing more than a fight.

Some of the questions I would ask the Regent are:

What is the average education level here and what effect does that have on things?

Is there equal representation of men and women?

What is the average age range?

I guess I like to know who the audience is in order to present my opinion and beliefs in the most constructive way.

Now that is a reasonable request; only I think it would be better if everyone were encouraged to cut new members some slack and help them acclimate to ATS.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Alright folks, before I turn in for the night (a book and a scotch awaits)

Exactly how much "Scotch" was flowing through your veins when you concocted this idea of "Regent"?

Enquiring minds want to know?

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join