Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I enjoy your cynicism.

It'd be interesting to see how well you do.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
can i run as , al qaeda? or the Muslim brotherhood ?
who would like to join my party ? send me a message !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

You're certainly free to. Would love to see your party platform!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Whoever gets elected Regent should appoint me as ATS Secretary of Defense.

We need to be organized against attacks by MIBs and other shadow government entities.
We need to be organized against attacks by aliens who know we expose them to the world.
We need to be organized against the coming Zombie-Apocolypse.
We need to be organized against 2012 solar flares destroying ATS databanks.
We need to be organized against paid shills and disinformation agents.
(the unpaid shills and plain ol' posters-of-nonsense can stay ... freedom of speech!! )
etc etc

I could organize and delegate to top level ATSers security needs to be addressed.
POWER POWER POWER .. gimme the power!

edit on 6/17/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

You're certainly free to. Would love to see your party platform!

ok then its Official , i am the party leader for the AL Qaeda , i might change that lol depending on how people take to it ,

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lIIuminatus

1. It is to be known that the Regent has no power over the moderators or site owners. However, the Regent is thus one whom has been appointed by the people of this community to act in their stead through his/her sheer devote will and vision to help improve over-all credibility, substance, and logic, across the boards where further needed.

Seems legit, but I see what you did there. An obvious attempt to confuse people. What is this "logic" you speak of?

2. The said appointed Regent, chosen by the people, will also appoint a council of like minded individuals whom covet similar skills required to reflect and compliment the rising expectancies and measures of character and reason where further needed.

No, any good Regent knows that only a Dictatorship can be effective. And efficiently guide their subjects by the rule of unfair and unjust laws. Any council will only serve to get in the way of progress. Et tu Brute?

3. Said Regent is thus chosen to actively become an elected voice of reason to help inspire the next generation of role models that are needed before all echo's of logic and humility are lost to the confusions of contempt and derogative trends that are growing more evident.

Send this man to the lions for crimes of treason against the State.

4. It will be a duty of the Regent to help expose and shed light on the psychology, tactics, and agenda's of shills, trolls, and grievers by seeking to increase and spread the awareness of such aims that can range from short term temporary gratifications (or what is known as "for the lulz") to the more intricate goals some tend to hope to achieve. This duty will also be met with helping the community to catch and report such violations to the moderators in order to help maintain the future of the communities credibility for not only being known as a conspiracy forum, but as one of our last channels of information and knowledge to what public media would rather hide from eyes and ears.

You mad bro ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I want to run under the Goldman $ach$ Party. None will defeat me. None. If you get close enough, I will just have to buy you.

Real$poke 2012

edit on 17-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

ok then its Official , i am the party leader for the AL Qaeda , i might change that lol depending on how people take to it ,

reply to post by RealSpoke

I want to run under the Goldman $ach$ Party. None will defeat me. None. If you get close enough, I will just have to buy you. Real$poke 2012

Thank you both for making my job easier.

Star for you
edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Whoever gets elected Regent should appoint me as ATS Secretary of Defense.

Kind of like Monica Lewinsky ?

We need to be organized against attacks by MIBs and other shadow government entities.

There can be only one entity. The shadow knows.

We need to be organized against attacks by aliens who know we expose them to the world.

Don't worry about exposing aliens. If you're going to be secretary you just have to expose yourself.

We need to be organized against the coming Zombie-Apocolypse.

Yes I agree. Any zombies should immediately be added to the Regent's cabinet. Except there might be a shortage of brains at the staff meetings.

We need to be organized against 2012 solar flares destroying ATS databanks.

The policy will stay as it stands now. Leave it to the professionals.

We need to be organized against paid shills and disinformation agents.

Yes, as secretary I will want you to make sure to keep the payroll in proper order. We don't want our shilld switching sides on us now do we?

(the unpaid shills and plain ol' posters-of-nonsense can stay ... freedom of speech!! ) etc etc

I don't like that idea. What if someone disagrees with me? Can I still feed them to the lions?

I could organize and delegate to top level ATSers security needs to be addressed. POWER POWER POWER .. gimme the power!

You have too many ideas to be my secretary. Maybe you should run yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There has already been a split in one of the parties. Although I agree with FractalChaos' planks as they apply to the realm of macroeconomics and social issues, I do not feel that the goals of the Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative Party can be realized in the context of ATS. I am therefore hiving off and presenting a more pragmatic platform. Our party is founded on a few basic philosophical tenants:

1. The Scientific Method is the best means of understanding the nature of the physical universe.
  2. Meditation and self reflection is the best means of understanding the subjective experience of the world.
  3. All decisions and actions must be based on a careful balancing of reason and compassion.
  4. Mathematics trumps gut feelings.
  5. Disembodied "channeled" spirits, if they exist at all, do not necessarily tell the truth.
  6. Just because there are pics doesn't mean it happened.
  7. Repeating a lie does not make it true.
  8. Appealing to an authority may be a logical fallacy, but deferring to an authority is reasonable in the absence of better, more reliable, information.
  9. YouTube videos prove nothing.
  10. Citing a hoax may be simple ignorance; knowingly citing a hoax is trolling.
  11. Rational people can evaluate the same information and legitimately reach different conclusions.
  12. When rational people come to differing conclusions, these conclusions can be moderated by civil, rational debate.

Ladies, gentlemen and extra-terrestrials, the Radical Centrist Party hereby submits itself for your consideration.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The Scientific Method is the best means of understanding the nature of the physical universe.

We already know all we need to know. Quit wasting money with silly redundant experiments. Why? Because I said so.

Meditation and self reflection is the best means of understanding the subjective experience of the world.

OK, but when doing self reflection which mirror should we use. The bathroom always has the best lighting. But, the full length one in the hall never lies. Also, when doing meditation. Should it be an OBE, Kundalini, Lucid dreaming, Mantra or other?

All decisions and actions must be based on a careful balancing of reason and compassion.

Another obvious dictator

Mathematics trumps gut feelings.

When was the last time you tried to hug or kiss your math book? How did that work for out you?

Disembodied "channeled" spirits, if they exist at all, do not necessarily tell the truth.

Same applies to you

Just because there are pics doesn't mean it happened.

Actually yes it does

Repeating a lie does not make it true.

A lie, a lie, a lie ... wait how many times am I supposed to repeat it?

Appealing to an authority may be a logical fallacy, but deferring to an authority is reasonable in the absence of better, more reliable, information.

YouTube videos prove nothing.

Blasphemer

Citing a hoax may be simple ignorance; knowingly citing a hoax is trolling.

Who gets to decide what is and isn't a hoax? You?

Rational people can evaluate the same information and legitimately reach different conclusions.

Finally something we agree upon.

When rational people come to differing conclusions, these conclusions can be moderated by civil, rational debate

Are you trying to bore us to death or what?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That said, I wish to reiterate, I will not nominate myself.I figure, if the people want me, they will nominate me as an independent, themselves and I will run,happily, should I be chosen as the independent nominee.

You have a passive aggressive personality.

Lets show the world how it SHOULD be done. Debate each other on the issues and let the people vote for the best person. Simple, clean campaigns!

Leave out the mud slinging, real or not.

I think that is how it should be.... Anyone else?

Another obvious dictator trying to dictate what's right and wrong.

Nah, that is not real. It's a joke, with all due respect. Frankly, I would like to keep this thing respectable and honest. Show people what an election should look like.

Politics aren't supposed to be nothing but mud slinging and name calling( Joking or not)....That kind of thing should not even exist in politics. Personally, I feel ATS is better than that. Let's "keep it real" by showing the world how things are supposed to be done.

As I said before, this goes against everything my party stands for. Who are you to dictate how this election process will play out?

This wasn't even your idea and you're already trying to take it over. Oh wait, no that's me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I nominate myself as head of *LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE*

This years annul manifesto includes:

* Breaking free from privatised banks
* Creating a new monetary system owned by the governmnet, and over seen by the public.
* Destroying the National Security Act of 1947
* Bringing all allied troops home.
* Seriously investigating new forms of free energy.
* Re-affirming the American constituation and bill of rights.
* Dissolving negative aspects of the EU
* Ensure on behalf of UK civilians, the people control parliament, and paliament control our laws.
* Show public support for Julian Assange.
* Gradually weed out corrupt peoples in Government and military branches.
* Detatch our selves from conglomerate corporations and support small business owners.

That was a brief over view, the entire manifesto is availiable in my brain somewhere, for further infomation (including detailed methods) please contact your local nominee:

Sinny@ATS-Elections.com.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The Scientific Method is the best means of understanding the nature of the physical universe.

We already know all we need to know. Quit wasting money with silly redundant experiments. Why? Because I said so.

The Scientific Method is a means of inquiry, it does not require money, only clarity of mind. Even Alistair Crowley recommended it.

Meditation and self reflection is the best means of understanding the subjective experience of the world.

OK, but when doing self reflection which mirror should we use. The bathroom always has the best lighting. But, the full length one in the hall never lies. Also, when doing meditation. Should it be an OBE, Kundalini, Lucid dreaming, Mantra or other?

I recommend Soto Zen. It results in the most clarity.

All decisions and actions must be based on a careful balancing of reason and compassion.

Another obvious dictator

Ignoring the non-sequiter, how do you believe decisions should be made?

Mathematics trumps gut feelings.

When was the last time you tried to hug or kiss your math book? How did that work for out you?

You've jumped domains of knowledge. The emotional realm is one thing, objective knowledge another. See planks 1, 2 and 3.

Disembodied "channeled" spirits, if they exist at all, do not necessarily tell the truth.

Same applies to you

I will cede this point. You have no way of knowing whether I am telling the truth or not... without applying critical thinking. Critical thinking is at the heart of our platform.

Just because there are pics doesn't mean it happened.

Actually yes it does

Repeating a lie does not make it true.

A lie, a lie, a lie ... wait how many times am I supposed to repeat it?

As many times as you'd like. It still won't make it true.

Appealing to an authority may be a logical fallacy, but deferring to an authority is reasonable in the absence of better, more reliable, information.

That is a different use of the word "authority."

YouTube videos prove nothing.

Blasphemer

Citing a hoax may be simple ignorance; knowingly citing a hoax is trolling.

Who gets to decide what is and isn't a hoax? You?

Everyone has the power to evaluate the truthfulness of a claim, provided they have the proper tools: reason and insight.

Rational people can evaluate the same information and legitimately reach different conclusions.

Finally something we agree upon.

I beg to differ.

When rational people come to differing conclusions, these conclusions can be moderated by civil, rational debate

Are you trying to bore us to death or what?

It worked for Al Gore. Oh, wait....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Son of a bee sting...

My candidate was just kicked out of ATS

This election is rigged.

I call for a revolution against the w(ATS) establishment!
edit on 17-6-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'd like to propose the "Grain of Salt Party".
The charter of this party is to process every thread as if it were a grain of salt. Each thread will be treated with the same indifference as one grain to another. All the while recognizing that such grains as a whole or conglomeration provide the delectible spice that is life. Each grain offering it's unique added flavor.

To fund our party I will list our top donors.

1. The "Green Party" which will provide the herbs for our political conconctions.

2. The "Democratic Party" which will provide the necessary inactivity for which the indifference can occur.

3. The "Republican Party" for which greedy aliances can be made with all the top corporations to establish a base stock for conspiracy to florish. Oh, and a lack brains to forsee the consiquences of such actions.

4. The "Independent Party" which will provide the lack of numbers to make any real difference in the outcome of the actions of the other doners.

All hale Conspiacy!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Donner.

Only you Beezer.

On topic: Seeing the nominations should be very interesting.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

You never heard of a Godzilla movie?

You poor boy, they made at least 10 of them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

You never heard of a Godzilla movie?

You poor boy, they made at least 10 of them.

Do these movies prove that Godzilla destroyed Tokyo?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join