It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

.Do you believe there is any reason for concern that something "bad" is going to happen at the Olympics this summer?

As a candidate in this election, I'll give an honest response.

You are speculating. Of course, at any major venue, there is cause to be concerned about the safety of the participants, but the security forces of each nation participating will be very diligent in screening everything for any possible dangers. This is a global event, and a peaceful competition, as has been all the other Olympic games have been. The one "bomber" incident, the only attempt ever to disrupt the games, was caught before anything negative occurred. Security is tight.

Again, you can speculate, or you can trust in a globally coordinated security force ensuring the safety of our world's athletes. Your choice.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

One point I'd like to try to make is there are many good links on how to create a good thread, the newer members don't know how to find them. The repercussions of that are one line threads, a posted youtube video with no discourse, and mods working over time trying to keep up with all the unnecessary nonsense. We've all seen it. If you check, those are the members under 500 posts. They are trying, they WANT to contribute, but they ultimately fail because they are viciously attacked by posters who shred them to bits. Are there members who join and get shot down, and become discouraged, never to post again? I'm sure there are. Is there anything that anyone does about that? Nope. It's a vicious fight to gain credibility on ATS. That's the way it currently is. The mods are strict as heck.

I agree with a lot that you say here, but, on the other hand, there shouldn't be a hierarchy of elitism based on a person's number of posts happening. There are some of us who have been here for years and are still under 500 posts. I believe that my posts, small though the number is, contribute value here. I have received a handful of applause notices from the staff over the years, so I guess that some of them agree. Those meant a lot and showed me that just because I don't post as often as most, what I do post does offer value.

As a community, we should make every member feel that way, that they matter and are welcome and that we want to read what they have to say, and it shouldn't fall to just the Regent. I do agree that people are quick to jump to shred new posters and I think that mods do what they can. We need to all be conscious of what is happening, though. If we see this happening we should alert a mod. They've said before that they can't see every single post and need the members to help be their eyes, too.

Let's just be conscious of the fact that there is a real live person on the other end of the monitor and not make anyone feel that they aren't as equal or worthy just because they haven't crossed some magical post number threshold.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

So that is my next question to the canidates....Do you believe there is any reason for concern that something "bad" is going to happen at the Olympics this summer?

I think there's always "reason for concern", especially with the current geopolitical climate, but it all boils down to a matter of level of concern measured against indicators of plans.

I wouldn't go to the Olympics on a dare, myself, but can't fault anyone who does. "Bad feelings" of impending trouble can be baseless, or they can be the subconscious adding 2 plus 2 and arriving at four, when the conscious doesn't even recognize the 2+2. It's most likely that nothing will happen, or at least not reach fruition, but I prefer to run with my gut. If nothing happens, I can always feel foolish at my leisure, but if it goes the other way, and I've ignored my gut...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thank-you both for your answers. I guess the thing that is causing me "concern" is after 9-11 there are numerous examples of that event being "shown" through "messages" in movies, cartoons, and Ads. Just started reading another thread about some "bizzare" commercial being aired in England, and some other wierd movie that shows the stadium being blown up with nuclear bomb. Anyways, the illumanati sybolism in the stadium gives me the creeps, I wouldn't go, and I will be happy when it's over, hopefully with nothing bad happening to our friends in England and all the others that will be visiting there.

Ok, next question, lol, and please let me know if you aren't enjoying the questions and I will stop.
If you could travel any place in the world, where would you go, and why?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Actually there have been incidents of violence at the Olympics in the past.

1972 Munich Olympics 11 hostages and 5 terrorists killed

1996 Atlanta Olympics 2 killed 111 injured. Suspect caught 7 years later

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Aha, but you didn't know that until you googled it. That's the point, deny ignorance. Check facts. See how easy that was?

I stand corrected, and thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ok, next question, lol, and please let me know if you aren't enjoying the questions and I will stop.

As a member of ATS, and a potential voter in the upcoming election, there is no way that I would tell you to quit asking us questions. You are forming your own opinion as to who to vote for.

To answer your question:

Where would I go?

Back to Here.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank-you...I have enjoyed the responses to my questions by the canidates. I certainly did learn more about you from my last question...lol......a nudist camp in the middle of the woods, interesting...

Does look like a beautiful place....have been naked once or twice in Nature...it was wonderful......

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

If you could travel any place in the world, where would you go, and why?

Home.

Because it's home.

If I had a mansion on the Riviera and a home in hell, I'd sell the mansion and go home.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

LOL, and if you were gone who would keep those damm kids off your lawn !

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

If I had a mansion on the Riviera and a home in hell, I'd sell the mansion and go home.

I'd sublet hell and live in the Riviera. In hell, satellite sucks and cable is all MSNBC or re-runs of Sex In The City.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

LOL, and if you were gone who would keep those damm kids off your lawn !

I'd have the lawn where I was to guard, of course! Kids could stomp all over the old one and dig it up, for all I'd care!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by nenothtu

I'd sublet hell and live in the Riviera. In hell, satellite sucks and cable is all MSNBC or re-runs of Sex In The City.

Beez, I believe you know a little bit about my home, and it darn near IS in hell!

and yes, the cable sucks there, but the view out the window can't be beat!

Satellite dishes, however have been declared the State Flower!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Stay cool!

Everyone! I'm going to be taking a few hours off tonight. The wife is complaining that my "mistress" ATS is taking too much of my time.

So a quiet evening sans computer or tv is in order at the beezzer abode.

I will do an updated list a little later, and of course, give notice of anything impending on the debates.

As it stands right now, it appears that everyone is enjoying themselves and I'm really enjoying the debate thread aspect!
Thanks for all participating.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I've put up a thread that, I think, would help clear things up for the ATS membership. ATS oriented.

ATS Regent - Questions for Candidates

I would appreciate answers from the people running. By the members, for the members.

Off to work but will pm all candidates running as soon as I get a chance.

This could be interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Phew! what a day... what a day, sorting your papers at Langley was
a nightmare!
Anyway, they're okay with the Regent position as long as we don't
mention your connection with the CIA... oh, er... sorry.

Hope you like the signature.

BIAD -Neno's Campaign Manager and novice Pilot.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Phew! what a day... what a day, sorting your papers at Langley was
a nightmare!
Anyway, they're okay with the Regent position as long as we don't
mention your connection with the CIA... oh, er... sorry.

You're mistaken - I've never been to Cincinnati at all, much less the Cincinnati Industrial Area!

Hope you like the signature.

BIAD -Neno's Campaign Manager and novice Pilot.

I love it - it's things like that which make me wish I had some degree of technical acumen to make "stuff"!

When you get a chance, have Cherise order more scotch to season the coffee with - long night coming up!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi folks.

Here's the list again.

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Blitzen Party
subject x

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

The Undeclared Party
Blaine91555

The Booze Party
boncho

The 50 Shades Of Debate Party
Just Chris

The ATS Clueless Girls Party
vkey08

Schizoid Party
Nosred

The Apocalypse Now Party
watchitburn

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I wasn't sure how to answer that, so I took the time machine, went forward in time to see what I would answer, then went back in time to where I said, but apparently I was playing a joke on myself because I got stuck in a wormhole for three days!!!

So, the answer is.... 42

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I'm back did you miss me?

As you may or may not know. My campaign for ATS Regent has taken a slight detour. If you haven't been made aware of it yet. I have an official announcement regarding my past campaign.

Due to my old age and bad vision, I have apparently made a small error when reading my Political Party's name. I do not belong to the "Smear Party". The name of my political party is actually - "The Shmear Party".

We at the Shmear Party support spreadable condiments made from various herbs and cream cheese. As well as other spreadable condiments often used on a bagel or cracker.

As the leader of the "Shmear Party" I would like to offer an apology to the bagel makers, the Regent nominees and the other ATS members and mods. Whom I may have offended during the recent campaign.

In light of this error. We at The Shmear Party are completely restructuring our campaign strategy. I also must reevaluate our Party's stance on all the current issues. I will be releasing a statement of our new political stance soon.

Thank you, IpsissimusMagus

With that being said, I am here to officially launch the new campaign for "The Shmear Party".

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join