It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Alright folks, before I turn in for the night (a book and a scotch awaits) just one more reminder of the debate thread here.

Also, still waiting on word about a live debate on ATS Live, as soon as I know something, you all will as well.

Thanks again for the support and absolute fun this has been so far.

The best is yet to come!

I would also want questions (if you have any) that I can posit to the candidates on future debate threads.

Your ideas and suggestions are always appreciated.

beez
edit on 21-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
How much you paying Clint Eastwood to endorse your Party?

Cheap tactics folks!
Join a party that isn't fueled by Money, Hate & War!

SEE BELOW ATS'ers!

Whatever it is, I can guarantee "cheap" isn't in the description!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Paid political spokeman Kitteh sez:

Even the Cool Cats are Curmudgeons!

My name is nenothtu, and I approve this message.

Produced and directed by: FortAnthem

edit on 2012/6/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
ya know I need a cool animated thing for my sig banner, and I dont' know how to make one.. Anyone game to help?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

What did you have in mind?

Anything particular? You'll get five frames of animation for a small cash donation to my campaign.

Coffee Pics for sure. Dunno about T&C if you want to add in "bra-lessness", you'll get lots of votes but the mods may frown on that. Got a slogan picked out?
edit on 6/21/12 by Druid42 because: added more text.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by vkey08

What did you have in mind?

Anything particular? You'll get five frames of animation for a small cash donation to my campaign.

Coffee Pics for sure. Dunno about T&C if you want to add in "bra-lessness", you'll get lots of votes but the mods may frown on that. Got a slogan picked out?
edit on 6/21/12 by Druid42 because: added more text.

That's just it, I've been working on scifi modeling for so long I'm lost right now trying to think of anything... I'm open to suggestions... (Yes my day job is really frustrating right now)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
ya know I need a cool animated thing for my sig banner, and I dont' know how to make one.. Anyone game to help?

At least your comments are consistant with the name of your party!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

That's just it, I've been working on scifi modeling for so long I'm lost right now trying to think of anything... I'm open to suggestions... (Yes my day job is really frustrating right now)

Maybe a banner along the lines of

"Clueless."

"Free Spirited" (thus skirting the potential "bra-less" problems)

"Has coffee, will shop."

"What's not to like?"

"Vote Cluess Girls - 2012"

I would imagine that coffee, credit cards, and potentially chocolate (appealing to the female demographic on a visceral level) would HAVE to figure into the images. There's something subliminal in there, some where...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman,good evening.

I wish to say that if any of you need anything, please do not hesitate to U2U me. I have always been here to help, since day one and I have the means to get things done.

This is what I will continue to do as ATS Regent. As an advocate for the people, I work with you and for you to bring the community together and create solutions to any problems you might be having.

I have the means, experience, connections and ability to make things happen and I do so every day.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to come to me.

Diplomacy is my big stick and I am swinging it for you.

Peace and love

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I just answered the debate questions.

Read here, if you dare.
edit on 6/21/12 by Druid42 because: created a more coherent sentence

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

(This message is approved by the Apocalypse Now campaign for ATS Regency)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

"Growing the seeds of wisdom" ....very cool....very good job.

I thought the point you made about how important of a news source ATS is to it's members was very true, especially international news, and also perspective on how people around the world view different events.

I also liked your thoughts on how you would help new members...it can be a very intimidating environment at first. I remember my first thread was a diaster, and had it not been for some very kind member that gave me encouragment when I got beat up pretty bad by some other members I may have never come back.

Good Luck.....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
As I am sure you all know, Beezzer was kind enough to put up a thread asking the candidates 3 questions. I was happy to answer them for my fellow members and I invite you to read my answers as well as the answers of my fellow candidates.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There were several great answers from my fellow candidates who have replied so far. Things are really picking up and I continue to wish good luck to each of my fellow candidates.

Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I've started a discourse in that thread, would you like to contribute?

Personally, I believe there are two groups of individuals currently participating in this faux election. Those who are treating it as fake, and those who are considering the possibilities of what is structural wrong with the governments of the world, with the economy. I believe you are amongst the latter.

Sure, the Regent is an imaginary position, but I believe that you have the capability to step outside "the box", and address issues that affect not only ATS, but also those of the world at large.

As an exercise in politics, this thread has caused "polarization" of the individuals participating. They are focused on their own needs and wants, a direct inflection upon society as a whole. What's the mechanism that drives behavior? Is it a simple meme that says get what you want, and you are happy, or does it derive from a more ulterior motivation of knowing the next generation will be secure?

I'd like your input.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I've started a discourse in that thread, would you like to contribute?

Personally, I believe there are two groups of individuals currently participating in this faux election. Those who are treating it as fake, and those who are considering the possibilities of what is structural wrong with the governments of the world, with the economy. I believe you are amongst the latter.

Sure, the Regent is an imaginary position, but I believe that you have the capability to step outside "the box", and address issues that affect not only ATS, but also those of the world at large.

As an exercise in politics, this thread has caused "polarization" of the individuals participating. They are focused on their own needs and wants, a direct inflection upon society as a whole. What's the mechanism that drives behavior? Is it a simple meme that says get what you want, and you are happy, or does it derive from a more ulterior motivation of knowing the next generation will be secure?

I'd like your input.

Let me sleep on what you posted, I think I may be able to engage in your discourse.. I'm just too tired right now to think clearly.. And I have to say I am taking this seriously, it's a great exercise in how to actually win an election and make voters listen.. Something that could be useful IRL if one were to run for a town council seat etc..

But yes I'm tired, and yes I've been having a little fun as we go along..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

You did a nice job, and your well spoken, but I wish I would have learned something new about you, it was basically a re-cap of your campaign so far.

I agree with druid, would be interesting to see more "debate" within the thread reguarding each others responses to the Questions Beez asked.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Is it that time again ??

Yes...it is !

*** Commercial Break ***

He said it, yes he did !

~SonoftheSun for TRUTH_2012

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I have been told by an "inside" informer that IpissimusMagus will be participating in the debate as soon as he is able.........

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I remember my first thread was a disaster, and had it not been for some very kind member that gave me encouragement when I got beat up pretty bad by some other members I may have never come back.

I'm sure many can relate to those sentiments.

One point I'd like to try to make is there are many good links on how to create a good thread, the newer members don't know how to find them. The repercussions of that are one line threads, a posted youtube video with no discourse, and mods working over time trying to keep up with all the unnecessary nonsense. We've all seen it. If you check, those are the members under 500 posts. They are trying, they WANT to contribute, but they ultimately fail because they are viciously attacked by posters who shred them to bits. Are there members who join and get shot down, and become discouraged, never to post again? I'm sure there are. Is there anything that anyone does about that? Nope. It's a vicious fight to gain credibility on ATS. That's the way it currently is. The mods are strict as heck.

Beezzer was kind enough to come up with the concept of a Regent, but he carefully didn't define it with any parameters. Most running think it's a sham, but the OP wanted us to take this seriously. I'll respect the OP's wish in true ATS style and stay on topic throughout this course.

To me, it appears to be the Regent's responsibility to aid the membership in improving the quality of ATS, primarily through instructing newer members. Would people support the Regent, and link to the threads the Regent created, thereby reinforcing a support mechanism that helps members create better threads?

There are many people that say ATS has gone downhill. I disagree. Those that say that don't really know what ATS is all about. There's a disparity among members that perhaps need an icon to unify behind. Would the Regent be that icon? Honestly, that's speculation, but I've seen time and time again when there's a riddle that needs solved, or a UFO that needs debunked, or a question that needs answered, the membership steps up to the plate and provides logical answers and honest solutions. That is the amazing part of ATS. It's not one person giving an answer, it's many working in unison to come to a common solution. Every member of ATS should be proud to be a part of this community. I know I am.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I think if one finds themselves on ATS it because they have become "awakened" for lack of a better word. That is already a difficult, and in my case very "emotional" time. You will quickly find out that most people in your real life do NOT want to hear it.....lol...trust me, be very careful if you ever bring up 9-11 at a family gathering....I was shocked that people that Love me, and I think respect me would react with hostility toward me, my sister went balistic and accussed me of having no reguard for the people that died and our country.

The point is, your already vulnerable when you are new, and seeking answers and people willing to discuss difficult subjects. I also agree that one of the coolest things that happens on ATS is people work together to solve "mysteries" and actually I have gone into threads with very strong opinions on something and ended up changing my mind.

My sister is saying she wants to go to the Olympics in London, thank God, we have a family wedding and her son is off to college, so she probably won't do it. I just bit my tongue, cause how can I possibly explain to her all the "ominous" signs and my bad "vibes" about something very Bad happening there?

So that is my next question to the canidates....Do you believe there is any reason for concern that something "bad" is going to happen at the Olympics this summer?

new topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join