It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
So J...which one of those members is the Black Cat..?

Does it really matter??????

nenothtu

gimme_some_truth

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I repeat "Sarcastic Humor". You can try to make me out to be a dirty hippie all you want ( Is that supposed to be bad?) But feel free to ask around. The people know better. Again, I am not dirty or a hippie. But,Friend, if you don't understand sarcastic humor, I can't help you.

S'ok. No one has called you a "dirty hippy" other than yourself. You're the only one to keep carrying on about "dirty", although others HAVE referred to a certain "hippiness" that seems to follow you. It's not a BAD thing, so relax and bask in it!

I say this, our points are very well known. The members have been reading and know where we stand. I truly look forward to the official debates,and admittedly,I most look forward to having an official debate with you, as you are a GREAT debater and have offered me the biggest challenge to my stances, thus far.

I'm looking forward to it as well. You have a certain unexpected tenacity
I have to admit to a certain degree of trepidation, not having any formal debate experience, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, so onward!

At the end of the day,it is the will of the people that will prevail. I hate to have to go, as I am enjoying this, however, I am needed at the hospital. Perhaps we can pick this up during the official debates?

It will go as it goes, and I'm looking forward to it!

I wish you good luck, my friend.

Truth_2012

You as well. Have a nice evening, and I hope all is well at the hospital.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, before I head off for the night, I wish to leave you with a simple thought.

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am the right man for ATS Regent.

I talk about my experience here on ATS for a good reason. My experience being, I was a mod, a member of the ATS Press Corp, a commentator for ATS Live and am a writer for ATS as well.

I am close with the moderators, admin and owners of this site. More so than any of my candidate and am also very close with a large portion of my fellow members here. I have the means to get things done and make things happen.

I often tell people," If I don't know the answer, I know some one who does". And I make things happen for them. I am confident in saying simply, that I can and will make things happen. And I will bring this community closer than ever before.

A wise man once said, " Speak softly and carry a big stick"

And I do. I do not have to make claims that big claims to make myself seem like the tough guy. Unlike my opponents, I simply have the means and the connections to get things done and make great things happen for the community and it's members.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. I always have and I always will.

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You sound more like a MOD, than one of us.....you sound like you really miss being a MOD. So, Regent will just have to do.

I'm not convinced you would be the best person for the job. You would end up just being a kinda-mod. You also don't know how to cut loose and have fun. Reading all your posts, has been like sitting in a lecture, staring at the clock, wondering when it's going to end.

JMOHO....Des

edit on 20-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen
FFS!!!!

I hereby offer you each a bribe to give it a rest already! I can't see voting for either one of you! You're like dogs with a bone.

pssst...

Me and a bunch of the boys have been hanging out over at the The Booze Party in the company of the "Clueless" Girls Party members.

Doesn't get anymore interesting than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by SLAYER69

So J...which one of those members is the Black Cat..?

I think that's me... some people seem to have an unfounded dread of having me cross their path, and as an officer in The Army of Darkness, I naturally gravitate towards the black kitteh...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

FFS!!!!

I hereby offer you each a bribe to give it a rest already! I can't see voting for either one of you! You're like dogs with a bone.

I don't take bribes, and I doubt Gimme_Some_Truth does either. Maybe you need a nap instead...

Why so serial?

If you prefer to vote for another, then do so. Maybe you could go read THEIR debates instead of injuring your eyes reading this one?

Ain't no one keeping you pinned in THIS thread...

( the above message brought to you by The Curmudgeon Party, and endorsed by it's candidate. "We're Curmudgeons - it's what we DO!" ]

edit on 2012/6/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Maybe you need a nap instead...

...Says the curmudgeon.

LoL!

No worries, I'll get off your lawn ya cranky old man. But after I spend some time at the Booze Party - I might be back...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's time for a long overdue REALITY CHECK. I've held my tongue, watching how my opponents are acting, but honestly I am disappointed in their behavior.

@GST: You've been trolled by Ipsiss, and you bit on it. Shame on you. Now, you've let neno rile your feathers. You advocate that you are the best person for the Regent position, but you continuously allow other members to reduce you into lengthy, for lack of a better term, "cat fights". You don't solve anything by arguing back and forth, repeatedly quoting each others posts, other than reducing your credibility as a candidate. There are voters reading your every word, yet you fail to realize that, and wish to trivially argue about topics which have no real substance. Please, take a moment to step back, relax, and gain a new perspective in this election. You deserve that.

@neno: I realize you like a good debate, but there are other issues to talk about other than the finer points of "kicking butt". As a person running in an election, you may realize that you have a solid foundation of supporters, but your words are far from being representative of ATS as a whole. There are newer members reading what you write, and I honestly don't know what they are thinking, but I could imagine that they think that it's acceptable to act in the manner you are acting. As a senior member, you should be setting an example for intelligent debate, not reducing yourself to arguing with another outstanding member.

Neither of you brought anything new to the table. You were firmly focused for two pages on each other's character flaws. That's not good. Can't either of you bring up a topic that's relevant to this election, and have a civil discourse about it? Have you forgotten what ATS is really about?

It's not my place to say anything, but let's get this thread back on topic again.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Neither of you brought anything new to the table. You were firmly focused for two pages on each other's character flaws.

I thought that's what politicians did

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Maybe you need a nap instead...

...Says the curmudgeon.

LoL!

No worries, I'll get off your lawn ya cranky old man. But after I spend some time at the Booze Party - I might be back...

My grand daughters make ME take naps so that I'm not so cranky! Can you even imagine the ignominy of having a 4 year old tell you it's nap time?

If you come back after the Booze Party, for god's sake DON'T PASS OUT ON MY LAWN! There's a porch swing, right over there... if you drink enough, you won't be able to tell if it's the swing moving, or the rest of the world... drink up!

edit on 2012/6/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

@neno: I realize you like a good debate, but there are other issues to talk about other than the finer points of "kicking butt". As a person running in an election, you may realize that you have a solid foundation of supporters, but your words are far from being representative of ATS as a whole. There are newer members reading what you write, and I honestly don't know what they are thinking, but I could imagine that they think that it's acceptable to act in the manner you are acting. As a senior member, you should be setting an example for intelligent debate, not reducing yourself to arguing with another outstanding member.

You're right, of course. It seemed to be his topic of interest, and I indulged him for far too long in it. You know it's getting bad when even I am getting bored with the repetitiveness of a good argument, as I did when I started cutting out the repetitions.

Be that as it may, you're right of course. One chewing of any one piece of fat ought to be enough. It's not bubble gum.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by Druid42

Neither of you brought anything new to the table. You were firmly focused for two pages on each other's character flaws.

I thought that's what politicians did

IMO, we are supposed to raise the bar a bit, and set an example for others. While it may be true that's what real politicians do, I would've hoped that ATS would produce a higher caliber of character. Especially in a faux election.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Our current list!

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Blitzen Party
subject x

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

The Undeclared Party
Blaine91555

The Booze Party
boncho

The 50 Shades Of Debate Party
Just Chris

The ATS Clueless Girls Party
vkey08
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

My "stick" is the ability and capability to actually get things done.I use my connections to make good things happen for the people and bring the community closer together.

I stand firm in saying, I am the only candidate with the know how and actual ability to get things done and make great things happen for the community and the individuals that make up this community.

Diplomacy is a mighty big stick, my friend. And I have every intention of using it.

Truth_2012
edit on 21-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would like to remove myself from the independent observers cartel. I want to throw my support to a candidate and it seems like a conflict of interest to be supporting someone's run and also expecting others to take me as an independent observer.

So, I will remove myself from that position, but a big thank you to my fellow independent observers and to everyone who is making this election so much fun and all kinds of interesting!

You guys are all fantastic!
Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hmmm, the above post makes me think.

My vote has yet to be bought I haven't decided on a candidate at the moment.

The independent observers cartel are allowed to vote at the end aren't we?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
To any that have spoken of the recent move.

We should be thankful to our gracious overlords for the move. Threads move a little slower here, so information will stay "up" longer.

All hail the wise and benevolent overlords.

*bow*

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Ok, that was brilliant...very cool.....you hit a home run....very smart and clever...Loved it.....♫

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join