The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Completely agree with you, Beez.

That is what this is and should be about. The issues. Anything else is just a distraction. Let the nominees speak and show where they stand on the issues and then let the people vote for the best person for the position.

Simple and in a way, elegant. How things should be done, I think.

That said, I wish to reiterate, I will not nominate myself.I figure, if the people want me, they will nominate me as an independent, themselves and I will run,happily, should I be chosen as the independent nominee.

Anyway, off to bed for me, for now.

Good night all.

Peace and love.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
I would like to put myself forward as an indipendant =)

Althought i agree with the mrl party concreting the atlantic i cannot support free raincoats for ducks....

We will have namy independants, so there might need to be some consensus. But your name will be added.

Thanks forparticipating!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

thankyou very much, i choose to run as an indipendant because i think it is high time we did away with party politics and really focused on the issues at hand, also its quite hard to find any party that completely encompasses my views.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It appears everyone thus far has only responded with null responses to the idea. No offense intended, of course. However, I would like to indulge for the sake of discussion. A few suggestions are as follows;

1. It is to be known that the Regent has no power over the moderators or site owners. However, the Regent is thus one whom has been appointed by the people of this community to act in their stead through his/her sheer devote will and vision to help improve over-all credibility, substance, and logic, across the boards where further needed.

2. The said appointed Regent, chosen by the people, will also appoint a council of like minded individuals whom covet similar skills required to reflect and compliment the rising expectancies and measures of character and reason where further needed.

3. Said Regent is thus chosen to actively become an elected voice of reason to help inspire the next generation of role models that are needed before all echo's of logic and humility are lost to the confusions of contempt and derogative trends that are growing more evident.

4. It will be a duty of the Regent to help expose and shed light on the psychology, tactics, and agenda's of shills, trolls, and grievers by seeking to increase and spread the awareness of such aims that can range from short term temporary gratifications (or what is known as "for the lulz") to the more intricate goals some tend to hope to achieve. This duty will also be met with helping the community to catch and report such violations to the moderators in order to help maintain the future of the communities credibility for not only being known as a conspiracy forum, but as one of our last channels of information and knowledge to what public media would rather hide from eyes and ears.

edit on 17-6-2012 by lIIuminatus because: Edit of 4.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lIIuminatus

4, Shills, trolls, and grievers(both foreign, and domestic) are to be hunted down and exposed to solidify the future of the communities credibility for not only being known as a conspiracy forum, but as one of our last channels of information and knowledge to what public media would rather hide from eyes and ears.

There should be no hunting down of members by other members. That is what mods are for. If you see a T&C violation, you report it and let them handle it. No regent should hunt people down and no regent should create a group of people who hunt anyone down for any reason.

Why?

Forum gangs for the purpose of hunting down and exposing supposed shills or what have you, is against T&C. That is what the mods are here for. When you see a T&C violation, alert it and let the mods take care of it. No mini modding.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

3. Said Regent is thus chosen to actively become an elected voice of reason to help inspire the next generation of role models that are needed before all echo's of logic and humility are lost to the confusions of contempt and derogative trends that are growing more evident.

This what here is what I think a great Regent would do. Be a wonderful example for the members, new and old. To be the voice of reason, logic and civility in the face of adversity.

Okay, now, really, I must go to sleep.

Good night.

Peace and love.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Nah, that is not real. It's a joke, with all due respect. Frankly, I would like to keep this thing respectable and honest. Show people what an election should look like.

Politics aren't supposed to be nothing but mud slinging and name calling( Joking or not)....That kind of thing should not even exist in politics. Personally, I feel ATS is better than that. Let's "keep it real" by showing the world how things are supposed to be done.

But this goes against everything my party stands for.

Once again as the nominee for "The Smear Campaign Party"

Vote for me. Because those other guys suck

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well, so far, we have

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
gimme_some_truth
moosevernel

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

edit on 17-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
There should be no hunting down of members by other members. That is what mods are for. If you see a T&C violation, you report it and let them handle it. No regent should hunt people down and no regent should create a group of people who hunt anyone down for any reason.

Why?

Forum gangs for the purpose of hunting down and exposing supposed shills or what have you, is against T&C. That is what the mods are here for. When you see a T&C violation, alert it and let the mods take care of it. No mini modding.

Then, that is what they can actively seek to do.
edit on 17-6-2012 by lIIuminatus because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

It appears everyone thus far has only responded with null responses to the idea. No offense intended, of course. However, I would like to indulge for the sake of discussion. A few suggestions are as follows;

1. It is to be known that the Regent has no power over the moderators or site owners. However, the Regent is thus one whom has been appointed by the people of this community to act in their stead through his/her sheer devote will and vision to help improve over-all credibility, substance, and logic, across the boards where further needed.

2. The said appointed Regent, chosen by the people, will also appoint a council of like minded individuals whom covet similar skills required to reflect and compliment the rising expectancies and measures of character and reason where further needed.

4, Shills, trolls, and grievers(both foreign, and domestic) are to be hunted down and exposed to solidify the future of the communities credibility for not only being known as a conspiracy forum, but as one of our last channels of information and knowledge to what public media would rather hide from eyes and ears.

Well said.

I like the ideas.

ETA: That being said, no-one will be replacing or acting as mods.
edit on 17-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The Smear Campaign Party exposes the truth and the lies of voter and election fraud. We ensure that all nominees are scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. If there is any history of wrong doing. We will find it and expose it.

If we don't find it. We will make it up. Be sure that we will guarantee a fair and legitimate election process. But those who wish to campaign on the issues alone will be exposed as the frauds they are.

We will not stand for debates without revealing the dirty secrets of those we run against. The personal lives of those other party nominees is the key issues here. And we intend to dig deep into the those closets and raise the dead.

We will rattle the cages that those other nominees want to keep you in. Don't fall for those old tactics of a so called honest campaign. Anyone who says they are honest should immediately be suspect and guilty until proven innocent.

Once again on behalf of all who stand for justice, freedom and exposing the crooked side of politics.

Vote for me. Because those other guys suck.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Edit of 4.

It will be a duty of the Regent to help expose and shed light on the psychology, tactics, and agenda's of shills, trolls, and grievers by seeking to increase and spread the awareness of such aims that can range from short term temporary gratifications (or what is known as "for the lulz") to the more intricate goals some tend to hope to achieve. This duty will also be met with helping the community to catch and report such violations to the moderators.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
The Smear Campaign Party exposes the truth and the lies of voter and election fraud. We ensure that all nominees are scrutinized with a fine tooth comb. If there is any history of wrong doing. We will find it and expose it.

If we don't find it. We will make it up. Be sure that we will guarantee a fair and legitimate election process. But those who wish to campaign on the issues alone will be exposed as the frauds they are.

We will not stand for debates without revealing the dirty secrets of those we run against. The personal lives of those other party nominees is the key issues here. And we intend to dig deep into the those closets and raise the dead.

We will rattle the cages that those other nominees want to keep you in. Don't fall for those old tactics of a so called honest campaign. Anyone who says they are honest should immediately be suspect and guilty until proven innocent.

Once again on behalf of all who stand for justice, freedom and exposing the crooked side of politics.

You're going to be an interesting addition to the process.
I only wish Washington would be so frank.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Edit of 4.

It will be a duty of the Regent to help expose and shed light on the psychology, tactics, and agenda's of shills, trolls, and grievers by seeking to increase and spread the awareness of such aims that can range from short term temporary gratifications (or what is known as "for the lulz") to the more intricate goals some tend to hope to achieve. This duty will also be met with helping the community to catch and report such violations to the moderators.

I think that this should be all of our responsibility.

Perhaps the Regent can be a members advocate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Void
edit on 17-6-2012 by lIIuminatus because: Void
edit on 17-6-2012 by lIIuminatus because: Voided

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Sounds like an interesting experiment, however I don't know if I'll vote this time. I haven't been here enough to figure out anyones politics

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Sounds like an interesting experiment, however I don't know if I'll vote this time. I haven't been here enough to figure out anyones politics

This is why we'll have open debates.
(haven't you ever wanted to ask a candidate a question?)

I hope you enjoy the process though.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

You're going to be an interesting addition to the process.
I only wish Washington would be so frank.

POTUS nominees have already been using similar tactics to expose the dirty secrets of their runner ups in attempt to appear more righteous to public opinion, although..It is better known as using the media to manipulate public opinion in attempt to turn tides.

I think that this should be all of our responsibility.

Perhaps the Regent can be a members advocate.

Precisely.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

This is why we'll have open debates.
(haven't you ever wanted to ask a candidate a question?)

I hope you enjoy the process though.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds, having people from all countries voting on the same candidates. I am going to write down some predictions as to how the constituents split into groups "naturally"

After reading the rest of the thread, count me in as a sheep (voter)

Can you try to get this pinned to the front page? Keep us updated/ Peace
edit on 17-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
As my first campaign promise and in an attempt to score votes.

I guarantee that anyone who votes for me I will star your post. Send me your threads and I will flag them. If you have any ideas, please keep them to yourself. If you have any complaints, send them to the other guys.

Everyone likes stars and flags and I will give out more than any other nominee. Those other nominees will want to read your post or thread first. Not me, if it's a one liner STAR. If it's been removed as "off topic" STAR.

As new ATS Regent I want to see a flag on every thread and a chicken in every pot. As God is my witness your posts will never go starless again. Please kindly donate a star to all my posts.

And remember, if you vote for me at least you know what you're getting. I promise to lie, cheat and rule with an iron fist. But do not fear good people of ATS. You will all be happy with me as your Regent or else.

I endorse this message.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join