It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Destinyone

I want someone who can kick butt, if needed. But can sit and share brewskie with afterwards....

Des

I don't kick butt, I work together with the community to create a better ATS so there will be no need to "kick butt".

And then I finish up with a brewskie.

If you want violence, you wont find that with me. With me, there simply is no need to "kick butt"

The pen is mightier than the sword, my friend.
edit on 20-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I hate to say this, and I say it with kindness. If you had been in charge in the beginning of mankind...we'd still be scribbling on walls in caves....

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I hate to say this, and I say it with kindness. If you had been in charge in the beginning of mankind...we'd still be scribbling on walls in caves....

Des

If butt kickers were in charge, the world would have been blown up long ago. It's the diplomats that keep things from going too far. Their words...bringing people together...

Rather than kicking but with bombs and violence.

Is that what you want? I don't. But, I will let the people decide. After all, it is the will of the people that will prevail

I too say this with kindness.

I stand here telling you that on ATS, there is no need for kicking butt and taking names and such behavior has been discouraged from day one, for a reason. It is counter productive to any society.

We have rules in place here, to help encourage civility and decorum. Through civility and decorum will we reach a peaceful tomorrow.

Not through war, violence or butt kicking. If you think butt kicking is the road to peace, you are sorely mistaken.

The definition of insanity,is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result each time.

Butt kicking has never worked. It only leads to more butt kicking. It's time to try something else.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Des

If butt kickers were in charge, the world would have been blown up long ago. It's the diplomats that keep things from going too far. Their words...bringing people together...

Rather than kicking but with bombs and violence.

Is that what you want? I don't. But, I will let the people decide. After all, it is the will of the people that will prevail

I too say this with kindness.

Butt kickers were in charge. The hunters kicked butt to feed the rest. Attila the Hun...kicked butt while spreading civilization. Cave men weren't hippies ya know.....

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

"Kicking over bar stools" is never needed here at ATS. Acting like adults and being civil to each other to reach common ground, is needed and wanted.

That's your opinion, and I respect that. Not everyone is suited to defense of their people.

It's counterproductive to have a miniature uncivil war with people who are not being uncivil.

Yet you argue that kicking over bar stools is sometimes a good thing. It is NEVER a good thing and by your own admission now, is counter productive. Diplomacy and civil WORDS ( Not war like you want) is what is needed.

You should perhaps re-read that, for clarity. "Soothing words" are a poor shield against those specified - those who have no intent to be civil. When people are "not being uncivil", they are met with civility in return. if they decide to go otherwise, they should be met in kind.

As an advocate for the membership, there are just going to be times when "nice" won't get the job done.

So you say.You claim that kicking over bar stools would be a good idea in those cases? Wrong. You want to talk about counter productive? Violence, anger and kicking things, is childish and only creates more tension. Who would listen to an ATS Regent who is throwing furniture around?

Those who have to keep ducking to avoid the missiles. they tend to listen VERY well after a short time. That's the whole reason for it.

Not many people. You might get a few laughs though.

I always do.

It may have been convenience to truncate the section where I applied the same principle to recalcitrant humans, or it may have been a mere over sight, or perhaps dishonesty, but the full quote says other than the snippet you quoted.

I was trying to do you a favor and not bury you too much, but you brought it back up...And again, kicking bar stools over when you don't get your way, only creates more tension and divides a community further.

Bury away. I say what I mean and mean what I say, and the chips fall where they do. I agree that tantrums and hissy fits only serve as divisive endeavors, and as I said are counter productive. You apparently have only two speeds - asleep at the wheel and full on tornado tantrums, because that seems to be all you can conceive of. It would be nice if you can find an example of me throwing a tantrum of the nature you describe.

Beyond that, I'll let the membership read what I've written, and make up thier own minds whether I'm prone to tantrums.

I stand by what I said. There are just folks in this world who will pat you on the back long enough to find a soft spot to sink the knife in, and I prefer NOT to "stand together" with them. I'd rather keep them at arms length.

There you have it folks, this man does not want to work together with people who many have a different opinion. He would rather kick furniture and try to intimidate when he doesn't get his way.

Is that what you want in a members advocate? I don't.

I respectfully redirect the reader to the following part of the same post being responded to. It presents my actual words, as recorded, as opposed to this (mis)representation:

Merely having a different opinion is insufficient grounds to pounce. it's all in how that opinion is PRESENTED. It's counterproductive to have a miniature uncivil war with people who are not being uncivil.

So no, in my own words and according to my own platform, the case cannot be successfully made that I cannot work together with people who merely have differeing opinions. Quite the contrary. I have a track record of being able to work with people of radically different opinion and ideology to bring forth mutually satisfactory results. As evidence of that, I present this thread In which AdAbsurdum and I, politically opposed on opposite ends of the spectrum, forged a new unifying political theory.

No, the case cannot be made that a mere difference of opinion will cause me to automatically start frothing at the mouth and go on the attack. It's a misrepresentation, folks.

Sounds like you have given up on your fellow man. I find that sad. I, have not given up and will never do so.

Only the ones who display no redeeming qualities - as individuals, not as "mankind". That's sort of what makes me a Curmudgeon.

So, are you accusing the members of ATS of being junk yard dog mean and a thread to your grand daughters? Hmm, Personally, I would have to disagree. The members of ATS are intelligent, kind and civil. We constantly use reason with each other...There is no need for you to attack anyone here or treat them as assailants.

Some are pretty junkyard dog mean, but not as a "collective". I don't approach life from a collectivist standpoint, I approach it as an individual, and treat everyone else as individuals. To use the blanket statement "ATS membership" is inaccurate and misleading, as I've never said anything of the kind, nor have I insinuated it.

A threat to my grandaughters? No. they aren't old enough to type yet, much less visit ATS. A threat to some other members of ATS, yes. Some of them most certainly are.

And I find it sad that you seem to think you need to treat your fellow member that way.

It's ok. No need for you to feel sad for me. It keeps me from getting steamrolled or having to run for cover, as all to many do and would.

That is great for the dog world. But here in the human world, we have this thing called reason, sanity and civility. No need to attack. You can still get your point across and work together to find common ground, with out violence.

That is making the huge assumption that your opponent feels likewise, which is not always the case. Everyone here knows that, and has seen it from time to time, so why claim otherwise, against common experience?

Pitbulls eat babies. Humans use reason and civility. Yes, who DO you want?

I can't recall ever having eaten a baby. I CAN recall having protected them, however.

In closing, I hope all went well for you at the hospital today. It seems the visit was rather short, which is concerning to me. Is all well?

Edit to add: I welcome you to link to example of your own use of civility and working together with opposing viewpoints to reach a consensus, just as I have done above. If you want more form me, I can provide them. we can start with certain Iranians on this website. Ask THEM, whom most would perceive as my "enemy" even though I personally don't, what THEY think of me and my "violent tendencies".

edit on 2012/6/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Butt kickers were in charge. The hunters kicked butt to feed the rest. Attila the Hun...kicked butt while spreading civilization. Cave men weren't hippies ya know.....

Des

I'm no hippie either, friend.

And again, butt kicking, leads to nothing more than more butt kicking. It does not work. War leads to more war.

War is insane. Why? Because doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time, is the very definition of insanity.

It's time to try something else.

To quote John Lennon ( Yep, I am breaking out my John Lennon references)

" All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

If you want more war, division and fighting, don't vote for me.

If you want peace, civility and a community that works together, than vote for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Des

And again, butt kicking, leads to nothing more than more butt kicking. It does not work. War leads to more war.

War is insane. Why? Because doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time, is the very definition of insanity.

It's time to try something else.

To quote John Lennon ( Yep, I am breaking out my John Lennon references)

" All we are saying, is give peace a chance"

If you want more war, division and fighting, don't vote for me.

If you want peace, civility and a community that works together, than vote for me.

All I'm saying is, Humankind didn't Kumbaya their way out of the cave to space exploration without some major butt kicking along the way. To think anything otherwise is irrational at best...insane at worst...

Which one are you? Something to think about....

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I want someone who can kick butt, if needed. But can sit and share a brewskie with afterwards....

Des

That would be me. I come with references!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Butt kickers get banned and create division. Diplomats use their words and bring people together.

Yet I've managed to hang in here for several years without getting banned...

Perhaps I'm not quite as rabid as I'm painted to be!

It could be that I just know when to wag, and when to bite... and that both of those occasions sometimes present themselves...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wanted to share some thoughts I had today with you, lol, was rushing through my tasks, and have been thinking about this thread and election alot today...I re-read your original post...you clearly have a very funny sense of humor...and a social conscience....I appreciate them both.

Here is what I have learned so far from your thread.......

1. Party loyality is a VERY BIG deal......I am biased toward one canidate......and unless he was killing babies and puppies......I will remain loyal...lol...btw...he loves kids and animals..."insider" sources told me this.....

2. How important campaigning and Ads are...really has knocked this down to a race of 6, I think.....but was fun to see all the cool parties people came up with.

3.How the very good intentions, and HARD work the "Wolf" guy put into the interviews...please forgive me for not giving proper credit, lol, I'm on a roll....and something you said earlier really touched me...which was...you still had 16 interviews to do, and let's face it, in order to meet your dead-line, so to speak, you will have to give less time to coming up with specific questions geared toward a specific canidate's position based on your ability to research them.

4.The most "kindest" and honorable person it term's of the "love vibe" is counter acted with "negative" opposition. ,,,,gimme...your the Ron Paul of this race....and that is a HIGH compliment......

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

That's your opinion, and I respect that. Not everyone is suited to defense of their people.

And just who are you defending ATS from, friend? GLP?
We are a community that works together to create a better community. You seem to think that there is some enemy that we need defending from.I stand here telling you that we have no enemy.

Put your guns away, soldier.

You should perhaps re-read that, for clarity. "Soothing words" are a poor shield against those specified - those who have no intent to be civil. Whne people are "not being uncivil", they are met with civility in return. if they decide to go otherwise, they should be met in kind.

This is where my experience surpasses yours. As a mod, I was taught that there was never any need to be uncivil to those who were being uncivil to us. There is a difference between being firm yet civil and being flat out rude.

Perhaps you should learn the difference before you start "kicking bar stools" in the faces of the uncivil. Civility and decorum in the face of adversity works and the ATS Staff is living proof of that!

Those who have to keep ducking to avoid the missiles. they tend to listen VERY well after a short time. That's the whole reason for it.
Tell that to the successful ATS staff who runs the largest conspiracy site on the internet. They don't use incivility. They use firmness with their civility as I do.

It works and is much more productive than meeting fighting with fighting. Again, this is from experience here folks. Perhaps in a couple more years on ATS, my opponent will learn the what every staff member knows. Civility is key!

You apparently have only two speeds - asleep at the wheel and full on tornado tantrums, because that seems to be all you can conceive of. It would be nice if you can find an example of me throwing a tantrum of the nature you describe.

When you use works such as "attacking assailants, "pittbull" and kicking bar stools" you don't see how that comes off as anything other than civil? I do. Attacking and kick bar stools. Sounds like the behavior of any angry teenager, to me.

But you seem to be slowly admitting that there is a need to have civility and decorum. I am glad you are starting to put down the bar stool and see things a bit differently. You say yourself a few times now, that there is a need for civility. I say that there is never a need for incivility.

That is what it comes down to between us. Whether or not there is ever a need for incivility. My experience as an ATS moderator, taught me that no, there is not.

I stand by what I said. There are just folks in this world who will pat you on the back long enough to find a soft spot to sink the knife in, and I prefer NOT to "stand together" with them. I'd rather keep them at arms length.

Those folks aren't on ATS. You seem to forget that ATS Regent is not the same as ATS Mod...You would have no reason to get after anyone for anything...This is what you seem to not understand. If you see an issue, you are still a member and it is up for the MODS to decide how to handle them. Not you.

Again, no need for any member to be uncivil. And there would be no need for any ATS Regent to be uncivil. We act as a ceremonial peoples advocate to bring the community together. You would have no one to stand up to or against.

That is more than just my opinion, that is fact. If you disagree, I would be happy to ask for clarification from Beezzer as well as Bill, as to just what an ATS Regent will do...

I have a track record of being able to work with people of radically different opinion and ideology to bring forth mutually satisfactory results.

Well then there you have it. You used civility, decorum and words to bring forth a mutually satisfactory result. Again, as a member and as an ATS regent, you would have no need to do anything else other than that, as I have been saying sense day 1.

My way works. And as an ATS Regent, you have no real power, so there fore, no right to stand up against anyone or stand against anyone. Like the member you and I will be, it would be our duty to report it to staff and let THEM do the standing.

Civility and decorum this is what is called for. This is what works,here on ATS. This is what is expected by the owners and staff... It is expected because it works and brings order and peace, to any active discussion.

No, the case cannot be made that a mere difference of oinion will cuae me to automatically start frothing at the mouth and go on the attack. It's a misrepresentation, folks.

Good, I hope you continue to use civility and decorum It's worked pretty well for us.

Some are pretty junkyard dog mean, I don't approach life from a collectivist

If you see T&C issues, it is your duty as a member to report it. Not take the law into your own hands. Bring the community together!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Brief commercial break for another announcement from the Anarchists for Gaia Party:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Butt kickers get banned and create division. Diplomats use their words and bring people together.

Yet I've managed to hang in here for several years without getting banned...

Perhaps I'm not quite as rabid as I'm painted to be!

It could be that I just know when to wag, and when to bite... and that both of those occasions sometimes present themselves...

Again, my friend, there is a big difference between biting and being firm and civil. I learned that from being a staff member here at ATS. They are living proof that there is no need to bite in order to get things done.

I don't have to bite in order to get things done. Not since day one.

No, you are not so rabid. You are starting to admit, after all, that civility is the key to a great community.

Knowing when to bite? Again, no need to bite. You learn that when being trained as staff. Civil but firm.

You get things done.

Don't confuse civil yet firm, with butt kicking, my friend. Butt kicking gets you banned.

If you can be civil, yet firm, great! I think that is wonderful, it is what I do every day as a member, and what I did every day as a moderator.

It works. You don't have to bite. Ever. No good ATS Regent would.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There you go, playing the MOD card again....

Just to assuage my curiosity....why aren't you a MOD anymore.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Experience and learning how to apply it to life is funny to you? Well, glad you got a laugh

That said, I stepped down as a mod, because as a moderator, it takes away heavily,from your time to post as a regular member and to interact with the community.

I decided to step down in order to spend more time with the community. Which is why I will be great as an ATS Regent. As an advocate for the community, I have the most experience, I am honest, civil, and accurate.

I wont just say something because it is popular. I remain honest and civil, whether my stance or experience is popular or not. It's about working with our differences to come together. Not about kicking butt.

A good ATS Regent would never have to kick but. Popular or not, that is where I stand.

Again, glad I could give you the laugh

Ladies and gentleman, if you want an ATS Regent who is civil yet firm and does not need to "kick butt"in order to make things happen. An ATS Regent who is honest, accurate and straight forward. That is me.

If you want a butt kicker... that has never been me and never will. butt kickers cause pain. ATS Regent, should create a happy community that works together smoothly despite differences. Not pain.

Community advocate. Community organization. Diplomacy. Working together. Helping your fellow member. None of these things go along with butt kicking.

A peaceful, happy community that works together, better than ever, is what you will have with me.I have the experience, the honesty, accuracy and civility to get things done with out having to resort to counter productive measures such as " butt kicking".

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Des

Where is the Truth in advertising?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman, allow me to start off by saying, I look forward to the official debates. The unofficial debates have been wonderful and lots of issues have been covered.

Right now, we are talking about the approach that an ATS Regent, should or should not take.

Some of us think that there is a need for incivility at times. Some of us think otherwise.

I think that we are both coming to a conclusion that civility is key and firmness is also important when it comes to advocating for the people. That attacking people is counter productive. It seems that we really do not disagree as much as we think.

Civil yet firm. Even my opponent has stated that unwarranted attacks would be too much. Debate aside, I was reminded of an old thread of mine, if I may. In which I contemplate whether or not war is an inevitability.

Yes, I realize we are not so much talking about war, but in a way, we are. What is a war but a dispute? Does a war have to be violent? No, believe it or not it does not.

You can go to war with guns or with words. You can use force or you can use diplomacy to come to a mutual agreement. In my experience in life, and on ATS, force does not work in the long run. It may make one side feel better, but it leaves the other side feeling angry and only raises tensions.

Now, we all know that my opponent is not talking about going straight to war, so to speak. They suggest that if need be, they will start kicking the bar stools (figuratively, of course).

But I stand here telling you, there is no need for things to ever get that far. There is always a way, aside from getting uncivil.

Anyway,to get back on point, this thread of mine contains an open and honest discussion about war and about disputes. Is there any other way besides war? Besides, kicking over the proverbial bar stool?

I am open to the possibility that hey,maybe I am wrong and my opponents way is better. But, frankly, I don't think I am.

At the end of the day, I believe that people are basically good, in spite of any evil they may commit. I will be the first to admit that there are some outside of ATS who cannot be reasoned with, but I stand firm in saying,the ATS community is a very reasonable and intelligent bunch.

In this thread I am talking about, I propose that there are more ways to go about a dispute and that there are much better ways. I do believe it is worth a try.

Some agreed with me and some didn't. But we did so in a civil way. What was learned from this thread? For me, it was learned that, war is not the only way. That we don't have to resort to more aggressive tactics in order to get things done.

This is where I stand. Pure and simple.

I invite each of you, to have a look at this thread. See what you think. There are some words of wisdom supporting both sides of this debate,

Do we have to get anything more than civil yet firm? I believe no.

But I challenge you all to read this thread, think about it and then decide. Is there a better way? I say yes!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Where is the Truth in advertising?

While, that is a cute attempt to paint me as something I am not, I must remind you of the term "sarcastic humor", my friend.

I am not dirty and I am not a hippie. Though, I may be a bit liberal.

Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

And just who are you defending ATS from, friend? GLP?

Occasionally, among others. But that's not really the point, or the purpose of the office, is it?

We are a community that works together to create a better community. You seem to think that there is some enemy that we need defending from.I stand here telling you that we have no enemy.

Take the blinders off, and you can see them better.

You just can't seem to kick that collectivist habit, can you? No matter. Every collective that has even been has been made up of... individuals. That's where you work to improve the overall collective - with the INDIVIDUALS.

Put your guns away, soldier.

Not in this life OR the next. A leader without teeth is about as useful as boobs on a crowbar.

This is where my experience surpasses yours. As a mod, I was taught that there was never any need to be uncivil to those who were being uncivil to us. There is a difference between being firm yet civil and being flat out rude.

Of course not. As a Mod, you had the ban hammer available. Of what use is fencing with an assailant when you can merely silence him? Not to mention the fact of the power that office holds, and it's effect to quell opposition weith merely a glare. Some of us have had to learn to make do without that sort of power, and we have. Very well.

Tell that to the successful ATS staff who runs the largest conspiracy site on the internet. They don't use incivility. They use firmness with their civility as I do.

It was my understanding that ATS Regent is not a staff position. has there been a sea change while I slept? No matter. Staff has options for dealing with the intractible that the rest don't. It doesn't get much more violent than ENDING a membeship. that's the equivalent of a real-world execution.

Are you advocating executions, then?

It works and is much more productive than meeting fighting with fighting. Again, this is from experience here folks. Perhaps in a couple more years on ATS, my opponent will learn the what every staff member knows. Civility is key!

Nah. I'm pretty much untrainable. You've only got a few months on me in membership, so give up the "couple more years" experience angle. You were better off advocating executions.

You apparently have only two speeds - asleep at the wheel and full on tornado tantrums, because that seems to be all you can conceive of. It would be nice if you can find an example of me throwing a tantrum of the nature you describe.

When you use works such as "attacking assailants, "pittbull" and kicking bar stools" you don't see how that comes off as anything other than civil? I do. Attacking and kick bar stools.

I could see how that might be a problem in isolation. Isolation being the key word there, as if I've said nothing else. It could be that you only read half of what I write, since that's the only half you seem to notice. I'm willing to be corrected. Can you point out your other, non-kumbaya speed? When You can, as I have done, I'll consider it a real live corrrection, rather than the current apparent lack-of-depth floundering.

Sounds like the behavior of any angry teenager, to me.

How unexpectedly civil of you! Thank you! I DO strive to keep myself young - as curmudgeons go, that is.

But you seem to be slowly admitting that there is a need to have civility and decorum. I am glad you are starting to put down the bar stool and see things a bit differently. You say yourself a few times now, that there is a need for civility. I say that there is never a need for incivility.

better re-read. Start back at the beginning, and see where I first mentioned it. If there is a "slowness" here, it's not in ME admitting to anything... I've been advocating balance all along. You, on the other hand, seem to have a certain lack of that quality, and appear to be stuck on one speed...

That is what it comes down to between us. Whether or not there is ever a need for incivility. My experience as an ATS moderator, taught me that no, there is not.

The guy with the gun - or in this case the ban hammer - never need be civil nor uncivil. All he has to do is flip the switch. The rest of us have had to learn to make do, and use the natural abilities we brought with us.

Those folks aren't on ATS.

Sure they are. if you think not, you need to get out and about the boards a little more, or open your eyes while you're out there.

You seem to forget that ATS Regent is not the same as ATS Mod...

I'm VERY aware of the difference. it's YOU who keep brining up your "Mod experience" as if it somehow applies to Regent.

You would have no reason to get after anyone for anything...This is what you seem to not understand. If you see an issue, you are still a member and it is up for the MODS to decide how to handle them. Not you.

Kinda like having Big brother fight your battles for you, so you never have to handle your own messes? Running to the mods is a last resort, and indicates a failure to deal on your own part. I've done that twice in my time here. What about you - not counting your experience time AS a Mod, that is...

Again, no need for any member to be uncivil. And there would be no need for any ATS Regent to be uncivil.

if you win, you can run it your way, and if I win, I'll run it mine. Fair enough? Once you accept that, you'll stop trying to impose YOUR vision of the office on ME.

We act as a ceremonial peoples advocate to bring the community together. You would have no one to stand up to or against.

Again, that's your vision, and you are welcome to it. Mine doesn't see me doing much different than I already do now. Folks that know me or have dealt with me have a fair idea of what that has historically been. Folks who don't are welcome to do a post history search, and ask around. It's better coming from others than having me toot my own horn. Their opinion of me carries more weight than my own opinion of myself.

That is more than just my opinion, that is fact. If you disagree, I would be happy to ask for clarification from Beezzer as well as Bill, as to just what an ATS Regent will do...

Let's hear it, then. Let's get some specifics of the office on the table and in the open. That would be a good thing for ALL of the candidates, as well as the membership. Who knows? If it's too toothless and mushy, you might be able to drive me out of the race! if there is some reason I have to give up being me, I'm gone. I have to be true to myself before I can be true to the members of ATS.

I have a track record of being able to work with people of radically different opinion and ideology to bring forth mutually satisfactory results.

Well then there you have it. You used civility, decorum and words to bring forth a mutually satisfactory result. Again, as a member and as an ATS regent, you would have no need to do anything else other than that, as I have been saying sense day 1.

No kiddingI You don't read but half of what's written, do you? Here, I'll state it again, and see if you can catch it this time... If I can get along civilly, and the opposition will too, then it's all good. That's the way it goes down. If they don't want to, I'm not bound to, either. I give as good as I get. If they decide that civility was working better for them, then that's where it goes. If not, they slink off to find another thread to disrupt. Your continual misrepresentation of me can easily be remedied by simply reviewing my posts.

My way works. And as an ATS Regent, you have no real power, so there fore, no right to stand up against anyone or stand against anyone. Like the member you and I will be, it would be our duty to report it to staff and let THEM do the standing.

Exactly. No real power - at least not any more than we bring with us. It's not any different than being a member, power-wise, nor will I turn myself into something other than who and what I am. That would be not only a betrayal of myself, but a betrayal of the members who may vote for me. I won't do it.

The rest of the post was only repetitive mantras. I deleted them in the interest of brevity, as these posts are getting pretty long, and I really shouldn't have to keep repeating myself. Just re-read your post, and interlace one of mine into it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Again, my friend, there is a big difference between biting and being firm and civil. I learned that from being a staff member here at ATS. They are living proof that there is no need to bite in order to get things done.

I don't have to bite in order to get things done. Not since day one.

No, you are not so rabid. You are starting to admit, after all, that civility is the key to a great community.

Knowing when to bite? Again, no need to bite. You learn that when being trained as staff. Civil but firm.

You get things done.

Don't confuse civil yet firm, with butt kicking, my friend. Butt kicking gets you banned.

If you can be civil, yet firm, great! I think that is wonderful, it is what I do every day as a member, and what I did every day as a moderator.

It works. You don't have to bite. Ever. No good ATS Regent would.

No real response that I've not already made, repeatedly. I mostly just wanted to re-post it for posterity, give you a bump, and maybe get a crayon later and circle occurrences of "STAFF", "my experience as STAFF", and maybe "civility" for grins and giggles.

Are you SURE you're not mistaking ATS Regent for a staff position?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join