It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

Example, whilst I am a colleague of neno's (we have been in the trenches together) and admire him, I've already docked him a point for not being able to remember ... well, if you've read the thread you'll see what I'm getting at.

Can you be sure that I "couldn't remember" as opposed to never knew in the first place? This is an important point, as ignorance can be cured, but senility is capricious!

He only got his point back for such a flagrantly gross awesome campaign flag.

The Curmudgeon party doesn't need a pretty flag, we need an ATTENTION GETTING flag! After all, we're curmudgeons! Most of us don't see that well any more, anyway. You've got to admit - it IS an attention grabber!

Re-posting the flag pic shows just how mean I can get!

That said, the best soft-cheese platter may still trump said ideologies.

Did I hear someone say "brie"?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Wait. What?
I mean ... huh?

Is this curmudgeon-speak?

Someone is going to have to convert this into Aussie time pretty please.

Thats "Get off my Lawn" talk. Dont worry............

He has it in "Sundial" also..................

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

DIng, Ding, Ding.....yup...that's the answer I came up with too. If thier "intent" was to fail, yet they succeeded they still failed at what they intended.

LOL, yeah perhaps the Chicken is the only one who can answer the time machine question.

Your a strong 2nd for my vote so far...the debates will be fun to read.....Your rocking your campaign so far....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

"Sundial" - that's comedy gold.

And extremely fitting for a Curmudgeon.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am so glad no one enlisted you to count the votes...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Right now, EST is GMT -4, because of DST. It appears you have calculated it at the standard GMT -5. You'll need to add 1 to your EST estimates 1pm--> 2PM, and 5:30 pm -->6:30 PM or 1830 local.

Wait. What?
I mean ... huh?

Is this curmudgeon-speak?

Someone is going to have to convert this into Aussie time pretty please.

It's the time zone thing. there are 24 of them, and each is numbered from the Greenwich Meridian, where GMT/UTC starts. East coast US is normally "GMT -5", or Greenwich Mean Time minus five hours, because it's 5 time zones west of the Prime Meridian. Right now, however, it's only 4 hours difference, because of Daylight Savings Time.

Oddly, UK time, where the Prime Meridian runs, is GMT +1, not GMT +0.

U2U me a city name in Australia in your time zone - it doesn't have to be your city, just one in the same time zone - and I'll send back the numbers you'll need to calculate from GMT to local time.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by sonnny1

Why is that?

Im honest..............Im not a POLITICIAN.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Thats "Get off my Lawn" talk. Dont worry............

He has it in "Sundial" also..................

Oddly, I have an old pocket sundial, rather than pocket watch, that was carried in the war.... the revolutionary one!

Curmudgeons - they don't just smell old, they know how to use old "stuff", too!

These are arcane Curmudgeon secrets - no one but Curmudgeons were aware of their existence until now...

edit on 2012/6/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

reply to post by sonnny1

Why is that?

Im honest..............Im not a POLITICIAN.

That's what they all say

The results may have ended up skewed to a particular side...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

DIng, Ding, Ding.....yup...that's the answer I came up with too. If thier "intent" was to fail, yet they succeeded they still failed at what they intended.

LOL, yeah perhaps the Chicken is the only one who can answer the time machine question.

Your a strong 2nd for my vote so far...the debates will be fun to read.....Your rocking your campaign so far....

Thank you. I had to word the answer the way I did because it would have gotten too confusing saying that "a successful failure is success, and if you fail at failure it's successful..." It would have made my eyes roll in my head like a stuffed animal's eyes!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I didn't say anything about "gang bashing". I don't hardly ever even call in the mods. In four years here, I believe I've called on the mods twice, in particularly egregious cases. I have friends, to be sure - what is life without them? But I don't generally roll in a pack. that's simply not the Curmudgeon way. We are not Collectivists, we are Individualists.

What about the whole group smackdown on individuals who prefer Disassociation...?

Without a doubt. Sun Tzu said "the highest form of generalship is to win without a battle". It still remains, however, that the occasional intractable case will present it self insisting on a battle. For those, one needs to be ready, always on the alert lest they surprise you.

Likewise. It's a pleasure to be able to hammer these things out and highlight the platform differences and similarities without any actual hammering going on.

Tell me about it

It is awesome!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ok Canidates....I have another Question...lol...and there actually is a logical answer to this !

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What about the whole group smackdown on individuals who prefer Disassociation...?

You'll have to refresh my memory. I remember mentioning a "smackdown", but not a GROUP smackdown. It may be my senility acting up again. Toss out a link to keep me honest.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Ok Canidates....I have another Question...lol...and there actually is a logical answer to this !

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Historically speaking - and Curmudgeons lived most of it - the egg came first. Eggs were well developed by at least the Carboniferous period, 360 - 290 million years ago, but birds of any sort, much less chickens, didn't come along until the Mesozoic Era - the time of the dinosaurs.

No time machine required for that, but Purple Chiten can double check me on it if necessary!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Ding, Ding, Ding......LOL....right again, even more right....cause I was only going back as far as dinosaurs.

Not bad, funny and I learned something....definately Regent material.....

edit on 20-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ok, EST Australia is +10GMT.

ATM we are 1755 Wedensday 20th, EST time Aust, it is 455am EDST (?) US time, Wedensday the 20th.

We are almost a day ahead of the US, so the debate will take time around 630 ish in the morning on the Sunday Australian time I think.

Not sure on that, maths was never a strong suit.
edit on 20-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Yeah, Aussie time counts EAST from Greenwich, so you add, and the International Date Line y'all live next to always mucks my thinker up, but you basically live in tomorrow from here. Australia only has ONE time zone to cover the whole continent?

Your 17:55 posted here (US EST) at 0355, Wed 20 June, 0755 GMT.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

FYI
Curmudgeon Party Campaign results thus far...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Three. Eastern seaboard, Sydney Brisbane Melbourne are +10. Adelaide and Darwin (central) are +930. Perth (west coast) is +800. All I know is when I go to bed is usually when all the action happens

At the moment it should be almost 530 am Wednesday there, daylight savings time. Our Wednesday (on the eastern seaboard at least, I am in Queensland) is almost over at almost 630 pm.

There should be a point where it is early morning here and the evening there that should work out, although our day will be Sunday for the debates.
edit on 20-6-2012 by 74Templar because: added text

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

At the moment it should be almost 530 am Wednesday there, daylight savings time. Our Wednesday (on the eastern seaboard at least, I am in Queensland) is almost over at almost 630 pm.

it's right now 0430. We lose an hour in the summer months, and get back to standard during the winter. It's moving into summer here now, winter there. So you are 14 hours ahead of us, in our future...

ETA: 0700 here will be 2100 there, same date.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join