It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

wait a min. did you realy pay for the animated posters?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Druid42
Another paid advertisement:

I must admit Druid...I am greatly moved by your advert for Regent's position. Would that ATS had you designing all their ads. My vote is leaning in your direction....not quite toppling over yet...but leaning heavily....

Des

You'll vote your conscious when the time comes.

ATS ads are designed by the people that pay ATS money to host them.

I am simply utilizing political ploys to woo voters to my platform. Yes, that is a bit of honesty, but *ahem* since you are sitting on the fence, as others are, I feel the need to woo.

Other candidates are running on their popularity. I have an uphill battle the whole way.

Don't vote for me simply because I fund a few cool ads. Vote for me because you want to.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I call ATS "home", not a specific area of it, just as I call my house "home", not a specific room in it.

The vast majority of what goes on in the Middle East forum is discussion of the ongoing unrest, moreso than regional cultural issues. There are as many or likely more of us "foreigners" participaiting there than there are Middle Easterners, so as a "home" for the Middle Eastern population, then concept appears to have not gone into effect.

There's a "US forum"? What on Earth for? US issues get hammered on all across ALL of the boards!

We all may call ATS "home." That being said however, it would be nice for regions to have their own specific forums, as sometimes, people may want to talk about subjects relating to their own region, not that of other regions.

Yes there are US forums, even though US issues are brought up all through out ATS.

Maybe, maybe not. It's been my experience that they can be educated to be a lot more civil, or get quiet and slink away. People who only want to sling divisiveness OUGHT to feel alienated, since they are alienating influences. I believe it's better to see which will happen - education or slinking away - before the ban hammer comes down and solves the problem without seeing whether they might have been salvaged or not.

Regardless, "gang bashing" members is not the way to go. It is just promoting idiotic behaviour.

Avoidance doesn't resolve conflict - it simply buries it to fester.

Ah, but if one can avoid the conflict in the first place, then there would be no problems.

Thank you for the reply my fellow member.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Since time, work schedules, life, impending doom (this IS ATS afterall) affects time, I am working on a series of debate schedules that should fit into everyones schedules. Participation is up to the candidate (as isalways the case).

The first debate will be at a small university in New Jersey. CNN will cover-. . . . . . . .

Seriously, the first debate will be thursday, @ 1800 GMT (details to follow)

I'm working on a format that should provide equal oppourtunity for all.

The second and possibly 3rd debate will be @ 1200 GMT, 1500 GMT sat and sunday respectively.

I will provide questions, and encourage others to do so as well.

If you can't "attend" the debates, yet have questions, please U2U me.
edit on 19-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
reply to post by Druid42

wait a min. did you realy pay for the animated posters?

This whole election is a parody, an exercise in Politics. Nothing is real here, except for the sincerity of the members to provide an interesting dialogue.

I googled a few pics and spent a while in GIMP. I have two more in a series of five advertisements left.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Does this mean that Truth won the first unofficial debate?

He was going to win it anyway, what with his popularity and the playing of the sympathy card...

Regardless, i hope Truth's family member recovers with haste. I hope that we can all make the formal debates. As it will be very interesting

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If I am correct, that is 1pm EST. I cannot be here at that time. I can however, be here @ 2230 GMT, which translates for me to 5:30pm EST.

I humbly request a postponement until 2230 GMT. I am looking forward to the first debate.

Thank you for giving advanced announcement for members to post schedule conflicts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Friend, a formal debate is not something you win by popularity. It's won by words, and thoughts placed into words, and countering your opponent with speed of thought.

That is why I requested a debate. To help equalize the playing field.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Was really hoping some of the canidates would respond to my time machine question...lol...that would be interesting to hear.

I'll try another question and see what happens.....

If someone seeks to fail, however they succeed,,,,did they fail or succeed?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I am a bit weary of time travel conversation, there's another candidate who is resplendent in such.

I will bite into your latest question, as it has a bit more substance.

Failure and success are perceptions of the human mind. Those who seek to fail are underestimating their abilities, and those who succeed are ones who set no boundaries to their abilities.

If you are happy with what you do, you are successful in your endeavors.

Failure denotes a lack of happiness, so therefore, before you try again, focus on what makes you happy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

Friend, a formal debate is not something you win by popularity. It's won by words, and thoughts placed into words, and countering your opponent with speed of thought.

That is why I requested a debate. To help equalize the playing field.

Yes i know my friend. The reply was regarding the "unofficial" debate...

Anyway, i can't wait for the debates to kick off. Is it still on this weekend? It's the only time i'm free...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
reply to post by nenothtu

star for that sound response... it seems like you call um like you see um. no sugar coating. i like that
looks you and druid42 are goona make the finals havent herd from daascapitol yet though
oh and gimmie_a_the_truth seems like a grassroots movment of sorts but 3 weeks in july is still far off

Yep, I call 'em as I see 'em. I don't sugar coat things because some pills NEED to be bitter. That it's occasionally necessary to be other than sweetness and light is one of those.

I can see four solid contenders for the final round, and potentially two more rising pretty fast. Daaskapital has a solid foundation, but hasn't hit his stride yet. When he does, I think he'll be hell on wheels. Out of all of the ones you listed, it appears to me that druid42 is the strongest contender at this point. His support base is quiet, but larger than it appears - AND he's running the most fair minded campaign out of the whole bunch of us.

Then again, I'm no political analyst. That's just the way it looks to me. A lot can change in a month's time.

BTW - That's Stevie Ray Vaughn in your avatar, isn't it?

edit on 2012/6/20 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

You may be right.

My Grandpa,God bless his soul,thinks North Koreans have infiltrated the VA...... He says the only reason left to go,is for the nurses.........

See? He may be paranoid, but he's NOT senile - he know the only good reason to roll the roulette wheel at the VA!

BTW,You do know that if I wasn't voting for GST,I would have easily voted for you..................

Yup, I figured as much - but you like everyone else have to vote your conscience, and not a man standing can fault you for that. I certainly don't, and I'll have a quiet word pf prayer with anyone who does!

Your brash behavior,sickens me...........and excites me at the same time !!!!

I get that a lot, and I'm never quite sure how to take it... "Brash" you say? ME?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

LOL...That was a great answer, you are a true politician....as I had to ponder your answer before realizing you didn't answer the guestion. Excellent!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by nenothtu

Maybe, maybe not. It's been my experience that they can be educated to be a lot more civil, or get quiet and slink away. People who only want to sling divisiveness OUGHT to feel alienated, since they are alienating influences. I believe it's better to see which will happen - education or slinking away - before the ban hammer comes down and solves the problem without seeing whether they might have been salvaged or not.

Regardless, "gang bashing" members is not the way to go. It is just promoting idiotic behaviour.

I didn't say anything about "gang bashing". I don't hardly ever even call in the mods. In four years here, I believe I've called on the mods twice, in particularly egregious cases. I have friends, to be sure - what is life without them? But I don't generally roll in a pack. that's simply not the Curmudgeon way. We are not Collectivists, we are Individualists.

Avoidance doesn't resolve conflict - it simply buries it to fester.

Ah, but if one can avoid the conflict in the first place, then there would be no problems.

Without a doubt. Sun Tzu said "the highest form of generalship is to win without a battle". It still remains, however, that the occasional intractable case will present it self insisting on a battle. For those, one needs to be ready, always on the alert lest they surprise you.

Thank you for the reply my fellow member.

Likewise. It's a pleasure to be able to hammer these things out and highlight the platform differences and similarities without any actual hammering going on.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

If I am correct, that is 1pm EST. I cannot be here at that time. I can however, be here @ 2230 GMT, which translates for me to 5:30pm EST.

Right now, EST is GMT -4, because of DST. It appears you have calculated it at the standard GMT -5. You'll need to add 1 to your EST estimates 1pm--> 2PM, and 5:30 pm -->6:30 PM or 1830 local.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Other candidates are running on their popularity. I have an uphill battle the whole way.

I humbly disagree with your statement. For me anyway.

This self appointed independent observer will be voting purely on ideologies (with a dose larrikin humour thrown in). Popularity has nothing to do with it.

Example, whilst I am a colleague of neno's (we have been in the trenches together) and admire him, I've already docked him a point for not being able to remember ... well, if you've read the thread you'll see what I'm getting at.

He only got his point back for such a flagrantly gross awesome campaign flag.

That said, the best soft-cheese platter may still trump said ideologies.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Was really hoping some of the canidates would respond to my time machine question...lol...that would be interesting to hear.

I'll try another question and see what happens.....

If someone seeks to fail, however they succeed,,,,did they fail or succeed?

If their objective was failure, yet they succeed, they missed the mark. No extra pay in the envelope for them!

Re: the time machine question - I didn't want Purple Chiten to think I had unauthorized access to his machine, because he might be one of those game Chitens, and those spurs hurt!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Right now, EST is GMT -4, because of DST. It appears you have calculated it at the standard GMT -5. You'll need to add 1 to your EST estimates 1pm--> 2PM, and 5:30 pm -->6:30 PM or 1830 local.

Wait. What?
I mean ... huh?

Is this curmudgeon-speak?

Someone is going to have to convert this into Aussie time pretty please.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
PLEASE STAND BY............

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join