It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"The insane quest for change is perhaps the most destructive force facing mankind and ATS. It is that desire to constantly change the world and mold it to our personal ideologies that leads to all manner of destructive behavior. It's the cause of war and drives people to lie, spin, manipulate or even force others to accept their ideologies in their quest for power over others. When it comes to politics and party ideologies, the simple act of attaining power requires one to stoop to a level below even the belly of a snake. To hold on to the power after attaining it becomes a kind of madness for which there is no cure. For that reason my goal would be to keep things as they are here on ATS; the good, the bad and the ugly. To let each member chart their own course here at ATS as their heart desires."

Nice speech. Very nice. I'd vote for you if I wasn't running my own campaign.

However, this is a parody of a real election, not sanctioned by ATS, and is simply an exercise in Politics. There is no prize, nor title, provided by ATS, nor is the role of "Regent" effective in influencing the policies of ATS in anyway. The mods will still be doing their job, and life on ATS will go on as normal. The "Regent" will have no special sway, powers, nor abilities of any sort.

That said, I am ready to post my thoughts on a few individual's behaviors.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I'm pretty firm on the voting for another party, but you did mention something in your campaign that interested me. You have access to a time machine, Yes? Can you travel back in time also in your time machine? If you can, what would be an event you would change from the past...and why would it change the present?

All other canidates please feel free to offer your thoughts as well, and just "pretend" you have a time machine..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fair enough old man.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I thought it was this weekend or something, your time was the only dependent upon the times for the debate that Druid42 called for...

which by the way I will shoot a few impromptu questions to those who will be participants as time allows...

From my understanding, the first debate is this weekend, with the actual voting occurring a fortnight thereafter. Beezzer? What is the official time schedule?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

For what it is worth, I just recalled this post by beezzer, regarding the approximate date for voting .

Voting (tentavely) will be the 3rd Saturday in July.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes, I have been hearing that official debates will take place some time this weekend. But that is about as definitive as it gets, I believe, for right now. I am not sure, but I am guessing that he is still working on setting a time that works for everyone, for the debates, considering time differences and all.

Again, for what that is worth.

I look forward to debating my fellow candidates and I wish you all good luck!

That said, I have had a very active day today. Lots of unofficial debating, and working to build up my platform. I think I am going to rest for the night and be back in the morning for a while, before again, heading back up to the hospital to be with family.

So, good night to you all, happy posting and happy campaigning.

Peace and love to each of you.

Truth_2012

edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Totally awesome !!!!!!!!

Hating politics, loving this thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

But, the are meant to be a great example for the rest of the membership, friendly and always willing to help out.

Wait a minute... friendly? There's nothing in the job description that requires friendliness. That would be your own vision, and you ought to specify that.

Some times, helping someone involves being decidedly UNfriendly to their assailant!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Another paid advertisement:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
]

Wait a minute... friendly? There's nothing in the job description that requires friendliness. That would be your own vision, and you ought to specify that.

Some times, helping someone involves being decidedly UNfriendly to their assailant!

While I appreciate your concern, I am a firm believer that the members of ATS, do have common sense. I am confident that they know, I am speaking for myself and talking to the voters about what I feel should be expected from an ATS Regent.

Please note, I never said anything about a job description, I said they are meant to be friendly, and I sincerely believe that an ATS Regent IS meant to be friendly. If you disagree, that is more than okay.

As of this moment, you seem to have been the only one, who did not realize, that I speak only for myself, as everyone else, speaks for themselves.

As for your thinking an ATS Regent should be unfriendly, I could not disagree more. An ATS Regent is meant to bring people together, and if you think people will want to get close to a person who is unfriendly, I think you will find yourself feeling rather lonely.

A great ATS Regent, uses civility, kindness, patience, honor, honesty and experience to bring the community together.

In my platform there would be no need to be unfriendly because there would be no assailants! I welcome everyone in this community. I welcome all thoughts, opinions and view points. Considering all sides and working together to come to a solution, rather than pitting people against each other and being unfriendly to "assailants".

You have your way and I have mine. In the end, the will of the people will prevail.

The people will vote on whether they want friendliness or unfriendliness.

And I am confident as to what will be chosen.

That said, I really, must get to sleep for the night. I thank your for your opinion, though I do happen to disagree with it. Imagine that. A world where two people have differing opinions, yet, they are not treating each other as assailants and they are being friendly and civil.

I like that, personally.

I wish you luck in your campaign as well in the up coming debates, friend.

Peace and love.

Goodnight, friend.

GST
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I'm considering just dropping out and overthrowing the government instead.

See why I never sleep in the same place two nights in a row? Assassins are EVERYWHERE!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

See why I never sleep in the same place two nights in a row? Assassins are EVERYWHERE!

That's Just Paranoia !!!

Or senility...........

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by beezzer

Since you clearly want this to be a serious endeavor, I think I should post my first campaign speech so the Undeclared Party goals are understood. It follows:

"The insane quest for change is perhaps the most destructive force facing mankind and ATS.

It is that desire to constantly change the world and mold it to our personal ideologies that leads to all manner of destructive behavior. It's the cause of war and drives people to lie, spin, manipulate or even force others to accept their ideologies in their quest for power over others.

When it comes to politics and party ideologies, the simple act of attaining power requires one to stoop to a level below even the belly of a snake. To hold on to the power after attaining it becomes a kind of madness for which there is no cure.

For that reason my goal would be to keep things as they are here on ATS; the good, the bad and the ugly. To let each member chart their own course here at ATS as their heart desires."

I really think you've read this wrong. The title of Regent is ceremonial. This thread, this project, is to bring home how important voting is. We talk of elections constantly. This is an oppourtunity to participate.

Yes, Regent, member's advocate, won't provide anyone with anything other than a desire and oppourtunity to help represent people.

But at the core, isn't that what politics are all about?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Another paid advertisement:

I must admit Druid...I am greatly moved by your advert for Regent's position. Would that ATS had you designing all their ads. My vote is leaning in your direction....not quite toppling over yet...but leaning heavily....

Des

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

As for your thinking an ATS Regent should be unfriendly, I could not disagree more. An ATS Regent is meant to bring people together, and if you think people will want to get close to a person who is unfriendly, I think you will find yourself feeling rather lonely.

A great ATS Regent, uses civility, kindness, patience, honor, honesty and experience to bring the community together.

In my platform there would be no need to be unfriendly because there would be no assailants! I welcome everyone in this community. I welcome all thoughts, opinions and view points. Considering all sides and working together to come to a solution, rather than pitting people against each other and being unfriendly to "assailants".

You have your way and I have mine. In the end, the will of the people will prevail.

The people will vote on whether they want friendliness or unfriendliness.

And I am confident as to what will be chosen.

Thank you for your vision of what an ATS Regent should be. I happen to disagree in several particulars, but that's what makes the world go 'round.

Sure, it's nice to be nice, but there is a time and a place for that. One size does not fit all. You can't "nice" a charging rhino to death, you have to stand against him - and that applies to belligerents of the human variety as well. If you don't oppose them, you'll just get steamrolled. As an advocate for the membership, there are just going to be times when "nice" won't get the job done.

I appreciate your concern for my isolation, but fear not. A casual perusal of my profile will demonstrate that I've not found myself standing alone, despite my cantankerous ways. To be sure, I'll not be getting any more belligerent than I am now, but neither will I be any less so. It seems to have worked for me so far.

A world with "no assailants" just isn't going to happen. Not now, not ever. Rather than live on hopes and good wishes, I take my stand for what I believe to be right, and stick with it. Will the world ever be perfect? No... but you can make it better, and sometimes that involves jerking people up short. If it can be done with "nice", great, but you'd better have a backup plan for those who don't respond to "nice". Some times, doing what's right involves doing what's hard, and you have to get less than nice to get it done.

My best wishes to you and your family. I hope all is well, and improving.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
gimmie_some_truth do you live washington in real life?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

That's Just Paranoia !!!

Or senility...........

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

I suppose the same could be said for senility, except in that case you just can't recall where you're supposed to hide!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, a technical question here...

When the voting commences, will there be a mandatory minimum amount/percentage of ATS Membership that must vote in the elections for this position to officially be recognized?

I mean really, if .0000000000000000001% of the total membership votes, that's not exactly representation of the whole, right?

If 0.00000000000000000000000001% vote, then apathy in the system would be the issue. But that's why voting is important.

How many times have we heard, "If you don't vote, you can't complain".?

If only 1 person votes, then it will stand.

THAT'S why voting is so important.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is the third in a series of five paid advertisements.

Two more to go, each themed differently. Stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

star for that sound response... it seems like you call um like you see um. no sugar coating. i like that
looks you and druid42 are goona make the finals havent herd from daascapitol yet though
oh and gimmie_a_the_truth seems like a grassroots movment of sorts but 3 weeks in july is still far off-now im just blathering fixing my original one liner
edit on 19-6-2012 by jplaysguitar because: sevral lines

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

I suppose the same could be said for senility, except in that case you just can't recall where you're supposed to hide!

You may be right.

My Grandpa,God bless his soul,thinks North Koreans have infiltrated the VA...... He says the only reason left to go,is for the nurses.........

BTW,You do know that if I wasn't voting for GST,I would have easily voted for you..................

Your brash behavior,sickens me...........and excites me at the same time !!!!

I cant wait for the debates!
edit on 19-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join