It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Okay, I got Mod approval from Elevatedone to post this. I with-held it for a moment, just to make sure I was not crossing any boundaries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------

I'll tell you what. We are both straying off topic. The thread is not about whether your post should or should not have been removed. It's about the election and who is best for the position of ATS Regent.

So, to get back on topic, let me ask you this. If you were ATS Regent and a person came to you saying they felt that they had a post removed unfairly, what would you do to help appease them?

Me? While, I am bound by the T&C, I would gladly do my best to get all sides of the story and if I agreed that a post was removed unfairly ( Though,I do agree, that in 99% of the cases, they are removed fairly) I would gladly go to the staff and file a formal request for said post to be placed back on the board.

From my experience, I know that the staff would take such a request seriously ( Though, they would not be allowed to tell me specifics, for obvious reasons) and they would consult each other again, to see if the post should be placed back on the board.

This is about the most any member can do.How about you? What would you do?

I think once we both get our answers down as far as that, we should move on to the next topic, what ever that may be.

Peace and love

Truth_2012
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've completely lost track of all you lot! Lol

Can't we just vote me and have it done with?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I've completely lost track of all you lot! Lol

Can't we just vote me and have it done with?

This thread really is growing at an amazing rate. Unofficial debates, left and right. Lots to keep track of.

I don't know that a formal date has been made for the vote, but I admit, I hope it is soon! I am enjoying all this though.

Beezzer, any word on when the vote will come yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I thought it was this weekend or something, your time was the only dependent upon the times for the debate that Druid42 called for...

which by the way I will shoot a few impromptu questions to those who will be participants as time allows...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Oh, that is true. We do have the debates this weekend. I told Beezzer to go ahead and count me in. I let him know that my timezone is 6 GMT and all that.

I am fortunate to find time to be here with each of you and welcome the debates ( official or not) and really am looking forward to them as well as the final vote.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I wish to thank my continued supporters as well as the supporters I continue to gain.

All 3 of them.

Well surely, I would be one of those...

While I stated that I would support Gimme_some_Truth, I realize that I haven't said why I chose to do so.

I do not personally know him, have never chatted with him or even pm'ed him at any time but I have seen him across the boards, during this almost two years of being an active member here.

And GST is what he says he is. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have always seen him treat other members with courtesy, respect and honesty.

He has been a Moderator here and, I believe, that this puts weight in the balance. He know his way around, he knows the staff and owners. And I also believe that he is highly respected from them.

For all these reasons, in my opinion, this makes him the logical choice for Regent.

I too, find him a tad serious. But then again, if this was a Regency for fun and jokes, wouldn't it be posted in the Jokes Forum?

GST is a good person, a good member (his posting history shows this as fact) and would be an excellent Regent.

I am sure, 100%, that the others that have decided to offer him their support see it exactly like this.

Nothing more, nothing less.

~SonoftheSun for TRUTH_2012.

*This has been an unofficial support post for the Truth*.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thank you, truly. That was an amazing post you just made. I can't thank you enough for being willing,to come out on your own and show your support for me as ATS Regent.

Truly unexpected words and very gracious of you.

Now,I will gladly admit, that I am being a tad serious here, as I run for ATS Regent. My reasons for this are simple enough, I think anyway.

Though, highly ceremonial, I consider being an advocate for my fellow members of ATS, a serious thing. There is always time for fun and games, but at the end of the day, I feel a Regent needs to be some one who can and will take the position seriously.

Which, I do( And I am glad that my seriousness is showing
)

At the same time, beezzer requested that, while some fun and games is okay, he prefer that we remain serious, as this is meant to be a serious exercise. So, I wish to honor and respect his requests and I hope that my posts and my words, reflect that.

Again, I really cannot thank you enough for what you just said. It is very touching and I appreciate your support and vote.

Peace and love to you and yours.

Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My opinions are being drastically altered as we progress....

unfortunately, not in a positive sense

edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Agreed. And as a self appointed independent observer with a bad case of the flu I might sneak back into my hermit-like-state until such time as the soft-cheese platters arrive.

(I'd like to thank the (official unofficial) ATS News Political Correspondent, O.B. Waters for the candidate interviews thread. It was getting a little confusing trying to keep up so this should be a great place to read up on all the policies.)

Linky again

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Thank you for the vote of confidence in my reporting qualifications and helpfulness to the good citizens of ATS.

Just wanted to say, I have a few interview questions out but not yet responded to by a couple of parties, and have more going out soon. I am doing my best to get a proper interview with each and every candidate, one which is informative and based on fairness to all.

Thank you once again

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

(I'd like to thank the (official unofficial) ATS News Political Correspondent, O.B. Waters for the candidate interviews thread. It was getting a little confusing trying to keep up so this should be a great place to read up on all the policies.)

Linky again

Yes! O.B's interview thread has proven to be invaluable to this process, offering a decent look into where the candidates stand and their work is appreciated by myself, and I imagine, the voters as well, who may not want to dig through 600+ posts!

I know several of us have posted our own threads, sharing our platforms and what not. If anyone wants to and has not done so, I would recommend looking through the Political Ideology forum for each candidates platform thread. I do have a link to mine,in my signature, for anyone interested in having a look,but I digress.

The point of this post is that I wish to offer a major thanks to OpinionatedB for their hard work and wonderful interviews.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Long thread!
I think I'll stick with the independent observers.

I have a question. Exactly what will this Regent do and what rights and responsibilities will they have?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartbreakerb

While the title of ATS Regent is largely ceremonial, it is being said that they will act as an advocate for their fellow members. They wont have any special rights though. They will still be a member. accountable to the mods. But, the are meant to be a great example for the rest of the membership, friendly and always willing to help out.

The election is being done in the style of a political election, complete with campaigns, parties, debates and at the end of it all, a vote by the members ( Which will be in the form of a poll here on ATS)

A good deal of the candidates have posted in the Political Ideology forum, their campaign party platforms.( My official platform thread is posted in my signature )Sharing where we each stand on real life issues. The voters, are voting, based on that. Who they think would be best for the position, based on where we stand on the issues and who they feel would do the best job.

OpininatedB even went to the trouble of interviewing the candidates and posted a thread showing each interview ( Though, I believe some are still forthcoming)

There have been unofficial debates taking place here and as far as I know, official debates will be taking place at some point this weekend, though exact time is yet to be decided. From there, I believe we have the vote!

It has turned out to be much bigger than I think many expected. I am proud to be doing as well as I am and again, I wish good luck to each candidate!

Anyway, if you want, have a look around the Political Ideology forum to check out each candidates stance on the issues and see who you like.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I have now posted an overview of my platform. I encourage everyone to check it out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm considering just dropping out and overthrowing the government instead.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartbreakerb
Long thread!
I think I'll stick with the independent observers.

I have a question. Exactly what will this Regent do and what rights and responsibilities will they have?

zero rights, just like the rest of us and the responsibility of the world on their shoulders. would you like to run?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, a technical question here...

When the voting commences, will there be a mandatory minimum amount/percentage of ATS Membership that must vote in the elections for this position to officially be recognized?

I mean really, if .0000000000000000001% of the total membership votes, that's not exactly representation of the whole, right?

I believe it would be representative of the whole number who cared to vote. For example, in a national election, if everyone decided to boycott the election, there would still be one jackass somewhere who would vote, and the entire thing would revolve on that one vote.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Ohhh I LOVE that new (sorry I do not know what to call the picture) advertisement I guess!

Its awesome!

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join