It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Actually it looks like The_Truth has taken over his own smear campaign.

If telling the truth, remaining honest, civil and unbiased while continuing to gain support, means I am smearing myself in your eyes, so be it.

Again, you're not hurting ME with your tactics... So by all means, keep them up

You've been called out in a lie, corrected, and because of that, it seems people may have trouble taking you seriously despite your new found claims of wanting to be serious now.
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

No-one claimed The Donner Party.

Sorry.

Crap...

Wanna change it?

No, not at all. No flip-floppin' here.
Nice try, though.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

*snip*

This reminds me of a saying I once heard. "Insults and violence are the last resort of a desperate man".

I choose to continue remaining civil, unbiased and campaigning with integrity and honesty.

Thank you for the offer though.

Again, you're not hurting MY campaign....

I wish to thank my continued supporters as well as the supporters I continue to gain. At the end of the day, the will of the people will prevail.

peace and love.

Truth_2012

Mod Edit: Removed quote of removed post
edit on 19-6-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

This reminds me of a saying I once heard. "Insults and violence are the last resort of a desperate man".

What violence? Apparently The_Truth hurts.

I choose to continue remaining civil, unbiased and campaigning with integrity and honesty.

Sure buddy you keep telling yourself that. I think you meds are having a side effect. Delusions of grandeur.

Thank you for the offer though.

You're welcome, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Again, you're not hurting MY campaign....

There's no need for me to do that. You do a fine job of it all by yourself.

I wish to thank my continued supporters as well as the supporters I continue to gain.

All 3 of them.

At the end of the day, the will of the people will prevail.

Indeed they will and you can do nothing to prevent it.

peace and love.

Truth_2012

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

You say peace and love, yet you fail to realize how many wars have been fought over love.

Love of money, love of power, love of control, jealous love.... etc

I bet I know which kind of love you're after.

PEACE

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Since you clearly want this to be a serious endeavor, I think I should post my first campaign speech so the Undeclared Party goals are understood. It follows:

"The insane quest for change is perhaps the most destructive force facing mankind and ATS.

It is that desire to constantly change the world and mold it to our personal ideologies that leads to all manner of destructive behavior. It's the cause of war and drives people to lie, spin, manipulate or even force others to accept their ideologies in their quest for power over others.

When it comes to politics and party ideologies, the simple act of attaining power requires one to stoop to a level below even the belly of a snake. To hold on to the power after attaining it becomes a kind of madness for which there is no cure.

For that reason my goal would be to keep things as they are here on ATS; the good, the bad and the ugly. To let each member chart their own course here at ATS as their heart desires."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What violence? Apparently The_Truth hurts.

The part I was referring to, as I am sure you know, was the part about insults.

But by all means....It's not hurting me or MY campaign.

Sure buddy you keep telling yourself that. I think you meds are having a side effect. Delusions of grandeur.

So, now you are accusing me of of being mentally unstable and in need of meds? Again, with you already being called out in an obvious lie, do you really expect anyone to believe you?

But, I will give you the chance to prove that accusation true... Or is this just another weak, failed attempt at defrauding me? But I do wonder, how do you think that your lies will hurt ME?

With all due respect, your insulting the voters, fake news letters, lying, attempting to insult me...That's not hurting my campaign...And it sure is not helping yours....

You're welcome, never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Id rather you start gifting us with honesty and a serious approach, rather than half hearted insults and fake news letters...

But again, you're not hurting MY campaign....At all...So, if this is the route you wish to continue taking, be my guest.

There's no need for me to do that. You do a fine job of it all by yourself.

Again, if being honest, civil, accurate and unbiased is a bad thing to you...I hate to know what you consider a good thing...The voters seem to think it is a good thing...

Once again, you find yourself standing on the opposite side of the voters...

All 3 of them.

Again, do you have a source for this claim? or should the voters just go ahead and chalk this up as another lie from you?

Indeed they will and you can do nothing to prevent it.

It's a good thing I don't want to prevent the will of the people... Are you trying to say I am against the will of the people again? I will gladly break out that quote from my interview for the people to read and see exactly where I stand.

I see this seat as being a representative and advocate for my fellow members. I would not consider the seat or myself superior to any other member.I would not be...More or less, I would be the chosen ceremonial speaker of my fellow members.

I saw one person suggesting that who ever earns the title of Regency, be referred to as "Your Regency". This would not be the case with me. Because again, I would not be in a superior position. I would be a fellow member, who was chosen to be the sort of.....Symbol...Speaker for the people.

My job would be to listen to the people, hear all sides, work together with the people to create a solution for any given issue and once that solution is made, I help to put it into action.

ATS Regent is nothing with out his/her fellow members...That is something each candidate needs to remember, always.

Ladies and gentleman, my opponent is continuing to try and paint me as some one who stands against the people. The flaw in their logic is that before they made this baseless accusation, I was quoted in an interview, with saying the above.

Is this the kind of person you want as your ATS Regent? Some one who cannot be honest? Who continuously finds them selves standing on the side opposite of the people?

Or do you want an honest Regent who works with the people within the rules of the T&C in order to create a better community? This is what you will have with me.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

Is this why you continue to lie? Because you feel I can't handle the truth? While, that is very sweet of you, I do invite you to commit to the truth from here on out.

You say peace and love, yet you fail to realize how many wars have been fought over love.

Love of money, love of power, love of control, jealous love.... etc

That is called greed not love. I would think you should know the difference between the two.

Greed starts wars. Love starts bonds.

PEACE

I wish you peace and love as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I want to ask you a serious question Truth.

You say you will run your campaign with honesty and integrity.

So here is your chance to display that.

Do you believe my post deserved to be removed?

I've already made my statement about your breaking the rules and being actioned by the T&C.

But,if you want more,I will direct you to another quote from my interview.

In my experience and opinion, the moderators and admin here at ATS, have always been and remain, unbiased. They come from all walks of life, religion, backgrounds and belief systems.

It is a great set up to avoid bias and bully mods... They are chosen for having a reputation of being honest, unbiased and a great advocate ( Which is why I was asked to be a mod)

So, I am led to believe, that if they were banned, the staff had a fair reason to do so, keeping in mind, I do not know the specifics of the case. I can only work with what I do know, which is that in my experience, we have always had a great and unbiased staff.

As for ATS staff not talking about it. This is very understandable to me. They have always had a stance of not talking about actions taken against other people. If you are not directly involved, they feel it is not your concern.

I do not consider that totalitarian. I consider it privacy and respect for the person who was actioned against. If you broke the rules and got banned for it...You might not appreciate the whole world knowing what you did to get banned.

If people wants people to know why they were banned, I figure, they will tell others themselves. But again, I do not know the specifics of this case, so I must speak using my experience as a moderator.

As for how I would deal with people complaining and wanting to know why they were banned. I would be bound by the T&C of ATS. Something I have great respect for.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I know that The_Truth has to attend to family matters.

Perhaps his campaign spokesman Sonny would like to address the issue I raised earlier. Here in this post I asked for an explanation.

The_Truth has repeated claimed he is honest. But he openly admits to sending forged celebrity signatures to US troops over seas. Not only did he lie to the troops. He lied to the entire group of old timers and he lied to his own grandmother whom he is supposed care for. Am I going to hell? ( A day in the life of GST )

We also see his great integrity in his thread titled There are no mods on right now.......Party at my thread!

What say you ATS. Can you trust a man who says he's honest yet lies to his own grandmother? Is this the kind of person you want as your Regent? Really?

First,I speak for no man. Second,the debates would be a great spot for actually adressing your "personal" issues you have with GST. I say issues,because I have read through this whole thread,and I have to say,its as petty as what we have seen in the real World,when it comes to candidates.Running a negative campaign,from the start,isnt going to get you many votes.Attacking from every angle,isnt going to get you many votes either.MHO

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*** Attention ***

GET ON TOPIC.

Any further off topic posts and you will be Post banned.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I would like to strongly suggest at this point that if threads are made supporting various parties, that they use the format of

[ ATS Regents election ] thread title

This will help the moderators determine which threads are associated with the election and which may be otherwise intended.

Although I have no plans of being completely serious in all that I do, I am taking it seriously and adding a grain of humor, not nasty attacks or negativity. Negativity is not humorous, it is harmful and destroys not only your own argument, but the enjoyment of all participants. If you must "poke fun", please ensure that the fun is poked at yourself, not at others.
edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: changed an e to an i in the word ensure... silly me

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

It is an impossibility to donate ATS points to fellow members so therefore it was clear I was joking. I said that to him to show appreciation for his brilliant news article contribution to this thread.

A good regent would maintain a sense of humor and posess the ability understand sarcasm (in pixel format) while maintaining a serious and respectable tone. If you do not have both you are not up to par. Simple as that.

Im not a Regent,nor asking to be one. All I said was, if you are going to be a Regent,be one. Or Vote for one. Not everything has to be put into Satire. Would love to see more then what we get,in the Real World.

Good Luck,BTW.........

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, a technical question here...

When the voting commences, will there be a mandatory minimum amount/percentage of ATS Membership that must vote in the elections for this position to officially be recognized?

I mean really, if .0000000000000000001% of the total membership votes, that's not exactly representation of the whole, right?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join