It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
With the millions of members and more to come, as well as the numerous topics comming round soon, it may be necessary to delegate and share authority.

No human is perfect for we are only all flawed, with individual strengths and weakness. Thus it would be a good idea if there is a team that shares a common vision with the Regent for the common good of all and ATS.

Power may be derive from the barrel of guns or a penstroke, but logic and reason rules the hearts and minds of mankind, and those whom are members here.

Good luck.:-)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I appreciate your thoughts, and I shared mine. LOL, my guess is Beez had a really interesting idea, and is "juggling" to manage the "variety" of canidates this thread attracted...and thier different "visions" of what being Regent even means?

Good Luck.....hope your family member is doing better.

At first I thought, gee, I hope I get more than three parties involved.

edit on 19-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Not to worry. I guess democracy will have to happen, even on a private site, only a natural state of humanity with imbued sense of freedom. It comes with choices, the more the merrier, to see the differing offering platforms

The Regent, and team if any, may seem to be a duplication of the current ATS system of moderators, but those moderators are APPOINTED by site owners.

With an ELECTED Regent and his/her team to lead and moderate, under term limits and conditions, we will see an excercise of democracy at work, a case of 'for the members, by the members'. Doesn't matter if any aspirants fails, because it is only natural to make mistakes, and only by mistakes can we ever hope to progress and evolve.

A worthy experiment I must add, come hell, circus or highwater....
edit on 19-6-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by beezzer

Not to worry. I guess democracy will have to happen, even on a private site, only a natural state of humanity with imbued sense of freedom. It comes with choices, the more the merrier, to see the differing offering platforms

The Regent, and team if any, may seem to be a duplication of the current ATS system of moderators, but those moderators are APPOINTED by site owners.

With an ELECTED Regent and his/her team to lead and moderate, we will see an excercise of democracy at work, a case of 'for the members, by the members'. Doesn't matter if any aspirants fails, because it is only natural to make mistakes, and only by mistakes can we ever hope to progress and evolve.

A worthy experiment I must add, come hell, circus or highwater....

I imagine it will be more advocate than moderate but any "noble" experiment starts out with a sense of uncertainty.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, your thread really "snowballed" and is very interesting and fun....I'll look forward to your interview on this thread.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=14364900#pid14364900

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

that just made my day !!!!!!!! thank you very much ahaha

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just noticed this thread and spent an interesting morning reading it.

I'd like to propose the inclusion of the "Undeclared Party".

The Party Platform:
-Do nothing.
-Represent no ideology.
-Immediately dissolve the office of "Regent" upon election.

The Party Mantra:
-A vote for the "Undeclared" is a vote for nothing.

Since the Party stands for nothing and has no opinion, the response to all questions in a debate would be "If you say so".

Party Symbol:
-The Two Toed Sloth which represents nothing. Just thought it was a cool photo.

If you would rather your elected officials do nothing at all and never bother you, vote "Undeclared".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Just noticed this thread and spent an interesting morning reading it.

I'd like to propose the inclusion of the "Undeclared Party".

The Party Platform:
-Do nothing.
-Represent no ideology.
-Immediately dissolve the office of "Regent" upon election.

The Party Mantra:
-A vote for the "Undeclared" is a vote for nothing.

Since the Party stands for nothing and has no opinion, the response to all questions in a debate would be "If you say so".

Party Symbol:
-The Two Toed Sloth which represents nothing. Just thought it was a cool photo.

If you would rather your elected officials do nothing at all and never bother you, vote "Undeclared".

I am nothing if not fair.

Consider your party as listed.

Every experiment has to have a "control", no reason why this one shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The current list. . . .

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Blitzen Party
subject x

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

The Undeclared Party
Blaine91555
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would be honored to do nothing and not bother anyone. It is my destiny.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

No human is perfect for we are only all flawed, with individual strengths and weakness.
Good luck.:-)

All the more reason to go with the chiten!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by beezzer

I would be honored to do nothing and not bother anyone. It is my destiny.

Just FYI, according to my time jump, you end up joining my party because of the whole convergence of the alternate universes thing going on where everybody becomes endowed with enough intelligence to comprehend what other people are saying and to think it through instead of shooting off at the mouth (very abbreviated version).

Shortly after my election to the post, the office becomes extinct as we all are elevated to the status of "regent", then decide to change the title to "member" and everyone has the same rights and responsibilities as a result.

It's really cool!

Oh wait.... is that the FUTURE I jumped to or the PAST???

dagnabbit, I'm confusing myself now!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I appreciate your comment and compliments. The thing is, this is meant to be a serious thing. As stated by the thread author. While joking is okay... He wants us to take this seriously.

And I take ATS seriously and the position of ATS regent, seriously....

I believe that the position of ATS Regent needs a person who will take the position and his/her fellow members seriously.

Anyway, I must be off to the hospital. I will be back.

Good afternoon,

I understand your concerns and I will look into that asap.

The fear in your voice is understandable as you are watching your support dwindle.

But fear not, I too take this position and election as serious as I possibly can.

I am however a bit disturbed by the hypocrisy displayed by your campaign.

You claim to take this serious and be honest.

Yet you justify your lies as being all in fun.

Well good sir. my intentions are no different.

With me as your Regent I promise to take the position seriously.

But never too seriously which will lead to an inflated ego and a constant struggle to try and prevent the power from slipping away.

Unlike you, I do not seek control over others. I do not wish to interfere in their actions unless I am asked to do so.

I will simply be another resource available to the members of ATS if and when called upon.

I will not try and insert MY agenda upon others. I will open my mind and my heart to the agenda OF others.

Being a member advocate means staying out of the way until needed.

That is what I believe a true Regent of ATS should stand for.

ETA:

I too am a family man

edit on 6/19/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It doesn't matter when this debate is, even if I cannot make it, I will still be there.

Brought to you by the Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I promise to give the people what they want.

IpsissimusMagus' Thread for ATS Regent Election

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Good afternoon,

I understand your concerns and I will look into that asap.

With all due respect,you are not making any sense. I was asked by a voter about my serious approach.I told them that Beezzer asked us to remain serious and I intend to follow his rules. No concerns were raised. A simple assertion of my intent to continue following the rules was made.

Not much else I can say to that, other than, you are not making sense.

The fear in your voice is understandable as you are watching your support dwindle.

I am actually enjoying your constant attempts to defraud me. I welcome them. Why? Because they are not hurting ME.... I will be happy to continue setting you straight in the issues, calling you out on your not so great attempts at humor as you create fake articles in an attempt to "smear" your opponents...All while finding time to insult the voters...

Again, by all means, please continue...You aren't hurting MY campaign.

But fear not, I too take this position and election as serious as I possibly can.

Again, no fear...Just a question...When do you intend to start showing your serious side and the respect that this campaign deserves?

I am however a bit disturbed by the hypocrisy displayed by your campaign.

I am very sorry to hear about your being disturbed. I hope you recover soon.

You claim to take this serious and be honest.

Correct.

Yet you justify your lies as being all in fun.

I have already covered your failed attempts to paint me as a liar. Failed. Attempts. A thread in which I help bring a smile to the face of our troops over seas, while helping out and visiting the elderly at a nursing home, is not a lie. As you can see by the response my answer to your inquiry got,the people agree with me.

Again, you claim to be on the side of the people, yet you keep finding your self, standing on the opposite side of that line...

Well good sir. my intentions are no different.

I sure hope your intentions are to begin to start taking things seriously. But by all means, keep joking around...It's not doing anything to hurt ME....

With me as your Regent I promise to take the position seriously.

Please, let us know when you intend to start being serious. I look forward to seeing your serious side, rather than the joking, fake article creating, voter insulting side we have seen thus far.

But never too seriously which will lead to an inflated ego and a constant struggle to try and prevent the power from slipping away.

Again, by all means, keep on with the joking, fake articles and insulting of voters. It does not hurt ME.

Unlike you, I do not seek control over others. I do not wish to interfere in their actions unless I am asked to do so.

And there is a lie from you, right there. What happened to taking things seriously? I have said time and again, that I will work with the members to create a better tomorrow.That I am only what the members make of me and that I am nothing with out them.

A quote from my interview:

I see this seat as being a representative and advocate for my fellow members. I would not consider the seat or myself superior to any other member.I would not be...More or less, I would be the chosen ceremonial speaker of my fellow members.

I saw one person suggesting that who ever earns the title of Regency, be referred to as "Your Regency". This would not be the case with me. Because again, I would not be in a superior position. I would be a fellow member, who was chosen to be the sort of.....Symbol...Speaker for the people.

My job would be to listen to the people, hear all sides, work together with the people to create a solution for any given issue and once that solution is made, I help to put it into action.

ATS Regent is nothing with out his/her fellow members...That is something each candidate needs to remember, always.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you intend to start taking things seriously, I recommend you stop lying. Especially when the voters can so easily see the truth for themselves....

Folks, you don't get lies from me.

I will simply be another resource available to the members of ATS if and when called upon.

I will not try and insert MY agenda upon others. I will open my mind and my heart to the agenda OF others.

Seeing that you have just been caught in a lie, how can you expect anyone to believe anything you say, from now on?

Being a member advocate means staying out of the way until needed.

That is what I believe a true Regent of ATS should stand for.

Being a members advocate to me, means working with the people. bringing the people together and creating a better community with the help of the people. It does not mean going into hiding.

I too am a family man

Congratulations.
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"Undeclared Party" Official Campaign Posters.

Spread the word far and wide. If you are for a Regent who would not abuse their power and let you get on with your lives here at ATS, vote "Undeclared".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

"If you say so."
You will come to my side eventually.

A vote for "Undeclared" is a vote for leaving things that are not broken the way they are. It's a vote for Freedom from broken promises and unrealized, unrealistic goals.

My promise is to do whatever is necessary at the time it is needed and if nothing is needed, I will do nothing. When that occurs simply does not matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Does this mean that Truth won the first unofficial debate?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Does this mean that Truth won the first unofficial debate?

Looks dead even to me.

Actually it looks like The_Truth has taken over his own smear campaign.

Welcome to the Party brother.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join