It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

I am noticing more bias revolving around The_Truths campaign.

Where was the outcry when Taupin Desciple announced their campaign

Now you are attacking people for who they choose to support? You don't find that low?People can change their minds you know. People may even decide they like some one else as ATS Regent better than me and I wont be making bogus claims about fraud or bias, like you are. People have every right to support who they want. For claiming to be a person who will vote with the people...You continually speak out against what the people say, do and want....

Folks, you wont get that from me. As your fellow member, we will work together, all opinions, thoughts and mindsets welcome. No claims of bias from me, for supporting some one else... We will work together to create a better ATS.

You continue to attack one of the voters saying this to them.

Why now, when someone says they will support me do you cry foul? Once again blatant election fraud.

With all due respect, did you forget about your record of creating joke/fake articles...FRAUD articles... You haven't exactly been taking this seriously...The only actual fraud I have seen, has been coming from you, with your joke articles, insulting your opponents...And let me tell you, the jokes got old.

Either treat all the candidates the same or admit that this entire election is a fraud. Intend to place TPTB puppet in the seat of Regent. The so called "members advocate". This is a sham folks.

You attack the voters again? Wow. Ladies and gentleman, this man has spoken in the past, claiming that he will vote in favor of the people. voting for what they want... Yet, time and again, he attacks the people for daring to support some one besides him.

How can we take a candidate seriously, who does nothing but joke around and attack his opponents with fake articles? Stand me side by side with my opponent here and ask yourself...Who is the sham? Not me.

Now, I will return in a while, my fellow members. I must head back up to the hospital, to be with and support my family.

Thank you all.
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

... but all the timelines converge, so there's only one to be in

The point of convergence is the key - it's not where we are currently. I checked. I looked to the left and the right, and saw there is only one of me in this one. When they DO converge, they will all cancel out, the mutual annihilation of matter, The End.

Then the next universe sweeps up and moves in.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

... but all the timelines converge, so there's only one to be in

The point of convergence is the key - it's not where we are currently. I checked. I looked to the left and the right, and saw there is only one of me in this one. When they DO converge, they will all cancel out, the mutual annihilation of matter, The End.

Then the next universe sweeps up and moves in.

no no no, it'll make much more sense after the election is over and I've won and the convergence takes place... I promise it will

you'll have a higher consciousness and look back and say "oh, what was I thinking??"... it'll be ok man, it'll be ok

edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Even though he is indeed a dirty liberal hippie, I think if I took this seriously I would vote for Gimme.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm new here so this whole regent thing seems to have its upsides and downsides.

How long do you have to be a member to be eligible to vote?

When/how does voting take place?

Where is a list of candidates?

Or, do we all just roll with it, you know, go with the flow?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

no no no, it'll make much more sense after the election is over and I've won and the convergence takes place... I promise it will

I am, this very moment, working feverishly to fashion a tin foil hard hat to protect me when this convergence occurs, which will destroy the universe. Some how, though, I'm thinking the hard hat may be a futile effort... still, one has to TRY!

you'll have a higher consciousness and look back and say "oh, what was I thinking??"... it'll be ok man, it'll be ok

NONONONONONO! I don't WANT any "higher consciousness" - I'm fine with the me that IS! Don't I have any say in the matter? What sort of dictatorship are you planning out?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Good question. I think a certain bunny has some work cut out for him.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I actually posted in your thread about going to Hell, and made the point that anyone spending time with Grandma at the old folks home won't go to Hell, and is probably a very nice person.

You seem very nice actually, but you are taking this so seriously, as perhaps others are as well....but to me..this is an "experiment" a parody of how "absurd" actual elections are.....and it is funny....don't take it so to "heart" ....what did you expect running against "The Smear Campaign Party" ?
edit on 19-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You can vote. New or old.

Voting (tentavely) will be the 3rd Saturday in July.

Here is a current list, though certain parties have notified me that there will be a consolidation.

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Blitzen Party
subject x

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am, this very moment, working feverishly to fashion a tin foil hard hat to protect me when this convergence occurs, which will destroy the universe. Some how, though, I'm thinking the hard hat may be a futile effort... still, one has to TRY!

NONONONONONO! I don't WANT any "higher consciousness" - I'm fine with the me that IS! Don't I have any say in the matter? What sort of dictatorship are you planning out?

That's not what you say in the future, you actually like it a whole lot, you told me so....errrr will tell me so

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just sharing a thought. Whomever can do this will have my insignificant nobody mine vote.

1. The Regent will assist ATS site owners to bring in more members WORLDWIDE, to excercise their freedom of speech, to discuss and debate all issues, local and internationally, to bring about common grounds than differences, and hopefully, unite our world.

2. The Regent will help any member, old or new, to share or moderate an ATS discussion, regardless if the member is a right wing bast*rd or a whinny Liberal apologist, BUT solely arguments solely based upon facts, logic and reason, without fear or favor.

3. The Regent will defend EVERYONE's freedom of speech, although not necessarily agree or disagree to the message spoken. He will not abuse his and the authority of the moderators, but will seek with site owners indulgence to review posts or membership banned.

4. As in all leadership positions, the Regent must uphold the highest integrity and honour of humanity, but not deviod of humour, for we all are only human, even if he is only a guest on ATS, for none can be higher than site owners, whom have higher responsibilities than any of us.

5. Respect can only be earned and never freely given. The Regent will have to excercise the most care to uphold such integrity, including those whom had not voted for him, or had the chance to as new members joined everyday.

May there be someone of such simple calibre. Good luck to all aspirants :-)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Good question. I think a certain bunny has some work cut out for him.

The bunny is trying!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Just sharing a thought. Whomever can do this will have my insignificant nobody mine vote.

1. The Regent will assist ATS site owners to bring in more members WORLDWIDE, to excercise their freedom of speech, to discuss and debate all issues, local and internationally, to bring about common grounds than differences, and hopefully, unite our world.

2. The Regent will help any member, old or new, to share or moderate an ATS discussion, regardless if the member is a right wing bast*rd or a whinny Liberal apologist, BUT solely arguments solely based upon facts, logic and reason, without fear or favor.

3. The Regent will defend EVERYONE's freedom of speech, although not necessarily agree or disagree to the message spoken. He will not abuse his and the authority of the moderators, but will seek with site owners indulgence to review posts or membership banned.

4. As in all leadership positions, the Regent must uphold the highest integrity and honour of humanity, but not deviod of humour, for we all are only human, even if he is only a guest on ATS, for none can be higher than site owners, whom have higher responsibilities than any of us.

5. Respect can only be earned and never freely given. The Regent will have to excercise the most care to uphold such integrity, including those whom had not voted for him, or had the chance to as new members joined everyday.

May there be someone of such simple calibre. Good luck to all aspirants :-)

but....but.... beezer won't run

** CHITEN campaign headquarters closed for lunch, will return later***
edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I appreciate your comment and compliments. The thing is, this is meant to be a serious thing. As stated by the thread author. While joking is okay... He wants us to take this seriously.

And I take ATS seriously and the position of ATS regent, seriously....

I believe that the position of ATS Regent needs a person who will take the position and his/her fellow members seriously.

Anyway, I must be off to the hospital. I will be back.

link   
Question ... will the regents be having Vice Regents on their ticket?
And will they be appointing people to different positions ...
... like, secretary of defense, secretary of the treasury, secretary of state?
ETC ETC

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ETC ETC

At this time, no.

Now I know you want the Sec. Def. post, that'll have to take more time.

Right now, this election is for a single person.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That's not what you say in the future, you actually like it a whole lot, you told me so....errrr will tell me so

I'm willing to bet there were (are, will be, whatever) little spiral thingies in my eyes if I ever say that, and it will be preceeded by the phrase "Yes, Master...."

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Now I know you want the Sec. Def. post, that'll have to take more time.

that's where the real power is ya' know ...
The person with the power over the troops is the real person in charge
and we know that the Commander in Chief's these days aren't exactly
up on their military knowledge etc etc

**Ooops .. did I say that outloud?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
ETC ETC

I'm thinking along the lines of appointed "czars" - it works for Obama, right?

Wait - maybe I need to rethink that...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I appreciate your thoughts, and I shared mine. LOL, my guess is Beez had a really interesting idea, and is "juggling" to manage the "variety" of canidates this thread attracted...and thier different "visions" of what being Regent even means?

Good Luck.....hope your family member is doing better.

new topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join