It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
The above list is only a prototype and will be changed and altered accordingly to member proposals (as long as the party can come to a conclusive decision). While attempting to stop discrimination may result in increased restrictions, this is not the aim of the ATS People's Party.

So you are proposing increasing the size of the "government" and the number of laws already on the books? Aren't we, as a group, dedicated to having a smaller government and fewer laws, allowing people to make their own, intelligent decisions?

....of course when I'm elected, it'll cause the gallactic and dimensionall convergence which will endow all people with the intelligence and ability to make those decisions and to even be happy with the results due to the change in genetic disposition resulting thereof. Hence, no rules will be needed as all will be in harmony.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I hope for the best possible outcome for you and your family and that all your stress, fears and sorrows are quickly relieved by good, positive news. I don't know your religious affiliation or lack there of but offer my own prayers that are in line with my own for a speedy recovery.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would hope those running, take something greater then humor/satire,out of this. The whole point is to try and rise above what the "norm" has been.

I agree. I do not know why half the people are treating this running to be a joke. I am taking this seriously, as the winner (whoever they may be) will have the responsibility of helping members, promoting their ideologies and those of Above Top Secret, ultimately making ATS a better site.

ahhh, but the joke is in the eye of the one laughing... although something is approached with humor, it may not be a joke at all and although something is approached with all seriousness, the result may well be a joke indeed...
presentation is everything....

humor often diffuses tense situations, it is, in fact, one of the most effective tools that can be used. Wisdom is much coveted, wit is much admired. When wit and wisdom converge (as will happen according to my time jump), true knowledge can be obtained.

Ignorance: the condition to be denied
Education: the prescription
Knowledge: the cure
The means by which the prescription is administered can often determine the duration of the condition.

My own campaign, as laid out by the Smylee Birthday Party will administer a healthy dose of perspective and insight which enables all involved to look inward for the solutions to the outward conditions.

Not only are divisions welcome in the world of ATS, all mathematical operations have a home here from addition to subtraction, division to multiplication, exponents to logarithms all seeking the direct and indirect proportionality of planar as well as dimensional interactions within our universal set of all members with each subgroup resulting in equality that can easily be graphed for those seeking understanding.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

No. As i said, they are ideologies which will be changed if members of the party want it to be. My party is for the people.

It is 11:30 PM here, and my brain isn't working properly...not to mention i have a looooong day tomorrow.

I'll see you all in probably 15 hours...

See you's.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No. As i said, they are ideologies which will be changed if members of the party want it to be. My party is for the people.

It is 11:30 PM here, and my brain isn't working properly...not to mention i have a looooong day tomorrow.

See you's.

Sleep well.....

if ideologies are subject to change, is that not flip-flopping? Or would it be more like socks and sandals......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

See you's.

Sleep well.....

if ideologies are subject to change, is that not flip-flopping? Or would it be more like socks and sandals......

Okay, one more answer before i go to bed...

That list was a prototype, which means it is not final. Considering the ATS People's Party is for the people, we will build upon the origiinal foundations by coming to a decision on what the people want.

Good night...eh, morning?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have not been following this thread much. Most of the candidates have been campaigning on global issues that they are and will be unable to affect. It is like running for a seat on the village council on a platform of bilateral nuclear disarmament. My party is dedicated to local action. Every policy we evolve can and will be implemented right here, on ATS. They will based on a sound, consistent philosophy that can also be applied in the "outside world," but we will only make promises we can actually keep. As Tip O'Neil said: "All politics is local." If you wish to know more, click on the link below:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party incorporates global as well as local concepts by focusing on each and every individual giving each not only the right to pursue their interests and ideas, but the ability to do so, something that has been seriously lacking.

Only with the true desire to deny ignorance through the incorporation of knowledge and reason can the goal be obtained. We stand united, as one, with the enemy being ignorance itself. Our personal ideologies differ, our personal experiences differ, but we are one in our desire to understand and comprehend all that is presented. Only through a more appropriate approach will we ever be able to truly deny the ignorance that has permeated humanity.

Once and for all, we must stand in unity as well as individualism and put an end to ignorance through comprehension and open mindedness. Of course, after my election, the intergallactic and alternate realities will converge due to my fine leadership which will enable all people (and chitens) everywhere to do this with ease making our discussions ever more potent and valuable. (This IS ATS, so there needs to be some kind of conspiracy theory/alien/supernatural component to it in order to incorporate all people involved)

The key to our platform is to Deny Ignorance through comprehension. That can only be done by the infusion of intelligence and reason. Luckily, the convergence that will take place (as witnessed by my time jump) will enable all to awaken to a higher existance and bring the all-comprehensive ability to each and every individual.

As stated before, we will be all-comprehending, but not all-knowing, so we will still be able to discuss, learn, search and thirst for the knowledge that can be gained only through interaction. Ahhh yes, it will be a glorious day!!
edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Change in party name to reflect progress and refinement while holding to the foundation already set forth:

Conglomerated Holistic Intelligence Tandem Engaging Nature Party (CHITEN Party)

ETA: still in tandem with the Smyleeface Party and Birthday Ninja Party, and hoping to encompass the Radical Centrist Party ... names must reflect all those involved and the "Conglomerated" part of the name is a reflection of that.

Any other party wishing to join forces is very welcome as long as their basic foundation matches what is laid forth by ours.

Intelligence and comprehension are vital in the quest to Deny Ignorance. The incorporation of wit and wisdom facilitate in the journey.

The title, in and of itself, will soon be inpertinent as we will all, as members, be considered regents in the sense that will soon be achieved.
edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't have enough time to keep up with this thread, so could someone please let me know when the debates are going to be. I have not formally released any of my stances yet, but I will either wait for a debate to do so, or I will try to release something soon.. I just need someone to let me know when these debates begin.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Having different opinions is fine. The introduction of further regional boards will provide somewhat of a home feeling to the members of ATS. There are US and Middle Eastern Boards, why not introduce ones to suit Asia, Europe and Oceania? Introducing boards will in no way affect the overall participation of a member, it just gives them a retreat, a place to talk about their regional problems, a place to call "home" on ATS.

I call ATS "home", not a specific area of it, just as I call my house "home", not a specific room in it.

The vast majority of what goes on in the Middle East forum is discussion of the ongoing unrest, moreso than regional cultural issues. There are as many or likely more of us "foreigners" participaiting there than there are Middle Easterners, so as a "home" for the Middle Eastern population, then concept appears to have not gone into effect.

There's a "US forum"? What on Earth for? US issues get hammered on all across ALL of the boards!

Giving specific members a "smackdown" does not help the overall ability to halt the spread of hate and divisiveness across ATS. If anything, it will make newcomers and affected members feel alienated (and that is not a good aspect to promote).

Maybe, maybe not. It's been my experience that they can be educated to be a lot more civil, or get quiet and slink away. People who only want to sling divisiveness OUGHT to feel alienated, since they are alienating influences. I believe it's better to see which will happen - education or slinking away - before the ban hammer comes down and solves the problem without seeing whether they might have been salvaged or not.

To what point does "difference" become "Division?"

At the same point apples become oranges.

I've worked with, hung out off duty with, laughed with, and even a time or two cried with people from all over this planet. We have all been "different", whether culturally, visually, both of the above, or in some other way, but that difference was not "division", nor should it be. I've learned a lot more from them than they could even hope to have learned from me, and it's made me a better person for it. Without the "differences", that education could not have taken place, but with division, it could have never happened.

It only takes one member to have a strong opposing view for a thread to heat up. Once a thread heats up, it doesn't take long for it to turn into a war of opinions.

Now that's a fact if ever I've heard one! Just one spark can make an entire thread explode. One must ask oneself, however, what is forged in the crucible of conflict if it's properly directed. Look for my "respected foes". Ask one of them what THEY think of me. You're sure to get a negative answer (there's a sop for the mudslingers reading, too - time to go hunting, folks!) BUT you'll get some positives as well. As a specific example, no one was more surprised than I when a member named Bunken Drum came to my aid in a thread. We fought like cats and dogs, knock down drag out. When he knocks you down, you know you've been smacked. So imagine my surprise when he came to carry me off the field rather than to deliver the coup de grace.

Some of the strongest friendships I've ever had were forged in a fight - when the dust settles, you know where one another stands and where the strengths and weaknesses are which augment the other... and your self. Difference is not division, and can strengthen rather than weaken, and division becomes "other than" if handled properly - but segregation doesn't handle it at all.

In this sense, it is the members who need to be taught to remain calm. In this way, using our methods, the whole scenario can be avoided, or if it were to happen, the people who wish not to take part can retreat to their "home" threads.

Avoidance doesn't resolve conflict - it simply buries it to fester.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

My personal observation on MODS reading this....more monitors will be drenched by spewed liquids than we can imagine....

Des

I've personally heard from 5 mods. I think they are enjoying this.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Destinyone

My personal observation on MODS reading this....more monitors will be drenched by spewed liquids than we can imagine....

Des

I've personally heard from 5 mods. I think they are enjoying this.

It keeps us busy and not fighting!!

btw.... all of them are voting for me, they just may not know it yet, but I saw it in my time jump.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
I don't have enough time to keep up with this thread, so could someone please let me know when the debates are going to be. I have not formally released any of my stances yet, but I will either wait for a debate to do so, or I will try to release something soon.. I just need someone to let me know when these debates begin.

I can inform all candidates.

No problem.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

edit on 19-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: oops, I'm in the wrong thread

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, is there any way there can be a bit more organisation in the way this is presented. Could almost do with it's own forum. I wonder if the big wigs would allow a temporary forum to be set up for this exercise. Somewhere we can see all the candidates and their "manifestos". Just a suggestion from a concerned constituent.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I have not been following this thread much. Most of the candidates have been campaigning on global issues that they are and will be unable to affect. It is like running for a seat on the village council on a platform of bilateral nuclear disarmament. My party is dedicated to local action. Every policy we evolve can and will be implemented right here, on ATS. They will based on a sound, consistent philosophy that can also be applied in the "outside world," but we will only make promises we can actually keep. As Tip O'Neil said: "All politics is local." If you wish to know more, click on the link below:

The global aspects relate to the person in general. It provides a clearer picture of the person running.

Imagine running for a villiage council position and the topic of canibalism never coming up!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

I can inform all candidates.

No problem.

talks are underway to conglomerate!

just awaiting final response

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join