It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I'm donating ATS points to IpsissimusMagus's campaign

Um, aren't you running under The Goldman $ach$ Party???

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Agree.

If you are running,for Regent,then run. If not,then just vote.

I would hope those running, take something greater then humor/satire,out of this. The whole point is to try and rise above what the "norm" has been.

I might not subscribe to EVERYTHING stated by the person I am backing,but one thing is for sure. Consistency. That's what I am really looking for,from the start.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
But do you feel the addition of new threads, a kind of "home base" will further seggregate users across the world rather than promoting healthy discussion inbetween borders. We are an international community here at ATS, one of the best in the world IMO. Will we see a return to the origianl Diablo style rules where players are afraid to step out of their own grounds for a fear of "Player Killers" roaming the boards?

Most members are interested in Global topics, so i do not think that a "Home base" will segregate the members of ATS. I am sure that people would like to discuss regional topics as well, but at times, the topics people post don't gain momentum or any notice whatsoever. Is this because the general member is interested in other topics, or topics happening elsewhere? I don't know, but i think members would like to be able to post in their "home" forums and receive the attention the thread needs from their fellow regions and country.

This is a given , which as Regent I would hope the position entails the need to help and educate the newer members especially that ignorance is not the way here, and promoting civil and intelligent discussion, even though at times heated, is the way of ATS. This should be one of the Regent's top priorities and tasks.

i agree

For the most part I agree here. Suggesting members find a "safe haven" in the event of a topic becoming too heated is most likely not the answer.

They would not be forced too, and they won't be suggested to do so either. It is just that the participants may want to take a breather and see what is going on in their corner of the globe. Sometimes it is good to take a breather and read up on other topics. Going back to the home board to see what is happening around you is a good way to calm down and gain alternative knowledge of your region and it's current problems.

We always say civil and intelligent discussion is the way, and that is correct. If things get too hot and need a calm down, that is where the Mods should step in.

Agreed!

The idea of a Regent would be to promote education in intelligent discussion. Otherwise, walking away is the best bet. Not the easiest sometimes, it is sometimes very tempting to have the last word, but that is what we should be teaching our newer members.

i also agree here. Knowledge and civility are the keys to victory, and this is what every party should strive to achieve. Regarding newer members, it is also important to make them feel welcome and teach them the ATS ways. If a thread degenerates to the point of no return, i feel that the Regent should contact a moderator and they will then take control.

The regent needs to conduct and promote their views side by side with the moderators and owners of ATS, otherwise, there is no point of having one. While the moderators review and control specific sections, the Regent will promote the ideologies of their party and most critical, ATS. Through working with the moderators, ATS will become a better place no doubt.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would hope those running, take something greater then humor/satire,out of this. The whole point is to try and rise above what the "norm" has been.

I agree. I do not know why half the people are treating this running to be a joke. I am taking this seriously, as the winner (whoever they may be) will have the responsibility of helping members, promoting their ideologies and those of Above Top Secret, ultimately making ATS a better site.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Some very good replies there

A point for you

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Nominating myself for the:

No Nonsense Party

This is my platform:

1- No nonsense.

2-Stay out of other countries bussines while maintaining a strong military. ("If you want peace prepare for war")

3- No income tax. Just sales tax. Whatever you make, it's your problem. But you will pay for using the safe bussines enviroment I provide.

4- No sustance will be illegal. Your body is yours to do as you please.

5- Inmigration: All inmigrants are welcome but will have to pay higher taxes (for a period of time) and only inmediate family can enter at first. After the grace period is over, taxes go down and are elegible for citizenship.
(Military service shortens grace period).

5- Goverment by referenda: Any citizen can put any issue up for a vote after collecting 5,000 signatures.
New elections can also be called by referendum.

6- Currency will be owned by the state. Central bank controlled by the state.

7- Marriage licenses will be issued to all consenting adults. (includes group marriages).

8- Religion will be a personal and private issue. All religious organization are banned from goverment.

9- Trade with all, Alliance with none will be the cornerstone of foreign policy.

10- Your rights ends where mine begins will be the basis of all legislation.

There it is. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

This is an awesome idea Beezzer.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Some very good replies there

A point for you

Thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

In some regards, yes, some fun should be had here. At the end of the day, it is a competition of sorts, and of course we shouldn't allow it turn to all out war. On the same coin, humour is good also, as it breaks up the seriousness of the ideas.

Like any thread it takes both sides to make it work. While I'm not exactly sure what the role will be at the end of the day, one would hope it would be something worthwhile to the victor, and something worthwhile pursuing.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

In some regards, yes, some fun should be had here. At the end of the day, it is a competition of sorts, and of course we shouldn't allow it turn to all out war. On the same coin, humour is good also, as it breaks up the seriousness of the ideas.

Like any thread it takes both sides to make it work. While I'm not exactly sure what the role will be at the end of the day, one would hope it would be something worthwhile to the victor, and something worthwhile pursuing.

Agreed again

- I love humour, and i don't know where i'd be without it

-I have enjoyed most of the humerous posts on this thread also

- No, of course not. There should be no war involved with this at all. We are here trying to promote ATS, it's ideologies and our own, not throw them out the window

- Regardless if the end result is great or not, at least we will all leave the thread with a deeper knowledge of each other and our ideas. We can still promote the rules and ideologies of ATS without being a regent

edit on 19-6-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Our current list. . . .

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE
Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Blitzen Party
subject x

No Nonsense Party
Dembow

For those of you who wish not to run, or are joining other parties, please let me know. I try to keep this list as updated as much as possible and will periodically post it (with appropriate changes) to keep readers informed.

If you're having second thoughts, or want to alter alliegences or even change your party title, a simple U2U will suffice.

That being said, the participants are absolutely brilliant!!! More and more, it's going to make voting difficult.

Thank you all for your efforts.
edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
We can still promote the rules and ideologies of ATS without being a regent

There is great truth in that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Sorry, war was perhaps a poor choice of words. Damn flu, messing with my head...

That is a good point to make. That even thought the lines have been drawn for this election, at the end of the day, many who have elected, are voting or have organised this event are experienced members who can take away the ideas of the Regent in denying ignorance
Above all else, I consider many friends here who although I debate with, at the end of the day I care what happens to them, and value their input.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I know that The_Truth has to attend to family matters.

Perhaps his campaign spokesman Sonny would like to address the issue I raised earlier. Here in this post I asked for an explanation.

The_Truth has repeated claimed he is honest. But he openly admits to sending forged celebrity signatures to US troops over seas. Not only did he lie to the troops. He lied to the entire group of old timers and he lied to his own grandmother whom he is supposed care for. Am I going to hell? ( A day in the life of GST )

We also see his great integrity in his thread titled There are no mods on right now.......Party at my thread!

What say you ATS. Can you trust a man who says he's honest yet lies to his own grandmother? Is this the kind of person you want as your Regent? Really?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by beezzer

Agree.

If you are running,for Regent,then run. If not,then just vote.

I might not subscribe to EVERYTHING stated by the person I am backing,but one thing is for sure. Consistency. That's what I am really looking for,from the start.

I am noticing more bias revolving around The_Truths campaign.

Where was the outcry when Taupin Desciple announced their campaign

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let it be known that I'm running for the first political office in my life. ATS Regent. I would be honored to represent ATS in this fashion. As long as it opens other doors that is.

Only to throw their support to The_Truth in their very next post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So far, you have my vote.

I've been on this site for quite some time now and while we've never had private conversations, I can tell from your posts that you are very consistent in what you believe in and you take what you believe in seriously.

I like your stance on things and I think we would agree on 9 out of ten issues, but you need to keep some perspective here. Things like gay marriage and marijuana legalization are big U.S. issues. You may be able to get that vote, but you might just lose people in other parts of the world who don't have those 'entrees on their plate.

Why now, when someone says they will support me do you cry foul? Once again blatant election fraud.

Either treat all the candidates the same or admit that this entire election is a fraud. Intend to place TPTB puppet in the seat of Regent. The so called "members advocate". This is a sham folks.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Now I remember where I have seen this kind of behavior before.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I'm sure the intentions of the other candidates, including GST, will become clear as the questions are directed at them.

In the meantime feel free to answer any of the questions I have asked as open questions to all candidates, I look forward to your answers.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

With all the division of country/race/religion/sex that goes on in ATS each day, what will you do to combat the division problem for people (and of course Chitens ) alike.

I mean we are an international community here, as it should be out there. What is your stance on this and what is it that you can bring to the table in the spirit of unity?

I support individualism. I do not support group think or this so called "unity". This is just another mask on the same beast. I say we can all be who we are and having opposing views is OK. Why should we all think alike. If we all think alike. Then we will all make the same mistake at once. Which will lead to disaster.

With such an international base of clientele, do you, as regent, feel that there is a trend toward divisivness across the board, and away from the civilised discussion you promote.

While we are all here to discuss with decorum the events of the world, do you feel we are leaning away from that civility and are leaning toward a trend of hostile intentions veiled only by the T&Cs and the agenda and clever wording of those who would promote that division.

In either event, how would you, as regent;

A) educate newer members of the proper civilities when engaging in such discussions? and;

B) Steer those away who seek to promote this ignorance to better discuss their ideals and not have degenerate into a "bashing" thread or just a series of random insults hurled at one another?

This question has been raised across the boards in many rants of late, and while we are aware of the ATS powers stance on agendas, it should be to the Regent to educate, not immolate the people.

Civility is often touted here as a basis for intelligent discussion. But that is another lie. There is no true civility here. Once you see through the guise of other members vocabulary and linguistics. You realize that members are allowed to get away with insult after insult. As long as a 12 year old would need a dictionary to understand it.

A) I will treat new members like any other member. I will welcome them and let them know that I am available if they have any questions. If they ask for my advice I will give them the best answer within my abilities.

B)I can not do the impossible. However, if I notice that bashing is taking place. I will remind others to use the ALERT feature and I will also use it. So the mods will be aware and intervene appropriately.

We are an international community here at ATS, one of the best in the world IMO. Will we see a return to the origianl Diablo style rules where players are afraid to step out of their own grounds for a fear of "Player Killers" roaming the boards?

I think creating new boards for other regions will only create more chaos. The boards are already divided by topic. They don't need to be divided by region. That would indeed create 'clicks' and not promote community.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is an impossibility to donate ATS points to fellow members so therefore it was clear I was joking. I said that to him to show appreciation for his brilliant news article contribution to this thread.

A good regent would maintain a sense of humor and posess the ability understand sarcasm (in pixel format) while maintaining a serious and respectable tone. If you do not have both you are not up to par. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My opinions on the current war on drugs and domestic poverty

Caution explicit lyrics

edit on 6/19/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join