It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
vote #1

Because if it's like any other poll, you always get an ass!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
well, i guess i am out of the race now , the MODS just removed my thread

I thin it was not about your party so much as it was about the misinterpretation.

I would anticipate that if you altered the name just a wee bit, there might not be any confusion, though that is entirely up to you.

geez, it was part of a strategy, it would have been nice if they asked me first i could have explained it to them , forced out by the powers , this election is rigged

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you for this brilliant and beautiful Campaign poster! I truly appreciate your support as well as everyone else who may happen to support me for ATS Regent.

Ladies and gentleman, this poster says it all.

Truth_2012. It's all you need.

I thank each and everyone of my supporters for their continual support of me and my campaign for ATS Regent. Together, we will make a brighter tomorrow for ATS.

Peace and love

Truth_2012
edit on 19-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

well, i guess i am out of the race now , the MODS just removed my thread

I thin it was not about your party so much as it was about the misinterpretation.

I would anticipate that if you altered the name just a wee bit, there might not be any confusion, though that is entirely up to you.

geez, it was part of a strategy, it would have been nice if they asked me first i could have explained it to them , forced out by the powers , this election is rigged

If I may suggest a more subtle approach. . . . .

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

No no no, that's all wrong

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Spoken like a true politician

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thank you for the reply.

As a voter "on the fence" between parties, the questions will be thick and fast as they happen in order to decide who wins the sideline vote. Be prepared. For the moment your reply struck a chord, a positive one.

A point for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Spoken like a true politician

I started watching the news today to see how the big kids do it.

I'm a quick study, huh?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You mean answering a question without actually answering it?

Yes, you are a lightning quick study

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

edit on 6/19/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

Thank you for the reply.

As a voter "on the fence" between parties, the questions will be thick and fast as they happen in order to decide who wins the sideline vote. Be prepared.

Thank you for the warning
. I will be prepared

For the moment your reply struck a chord, a positive one.

A point for you.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that the reply struck a positive chord with you. Our party aims to work with the people, not against them.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman, I am signing off for the night to get some much needed sleep and then I will be heading back up to the hospital to be with my family. I will be back though as soon as possible and I assure you all, I am here and ready for any questions you may have for me.

Please, check out the links in my signature to find out more about my platform, where I stand on the issues and why I am the best person for the position of AS Regent.

And follow this thread below, for the latest information and updates on the Truth_2012 campaign for ATS regent. Ask me questions there, here or even via U2U. I am available to each of you as always.

I stand before you, bringing, honesty, integrity, civility, accuracy, intelligence and experience to the table. I am confident that I am the right person for this position.

As I prepare for the debates ahead, please make yourself familiar with my platform and why I believe I am the right person for ATS Regent!

Click here for the latest information on the Truth_2012 campaign!

Peace and love and good luck to my fellow opponents.

The will of the people will prevail! Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I wish you and your family well above all else, and pray for a speedy recovery

Pleasant dreams and stay tuned. The questions are coming

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

It could be that I didn't quite grasp what the question is. I thought it spoke to divisions and divisiveness. I don't think that the way to address division is by promoting more division - i.e. segregated regional boards and whatnot. I tend not to correlate "division" with "difference". I can differ with any one, and maintain civility, but if they prefer divisiveness, that's when the smackdown stars coming into play.

"Difference" promotes and stimulates discussion - if we all think the same, only one of us is really necessary, and discussion stagnates because it's like talking to yourself. "Division", on the other hand, promotes bigotry and strife, which are counterproductive to making full use of the differences found among varying people. How is discussion facilitated by segregation? That only gives you a feel-good forum where you can preach to the choir.

So can you put a finer point on the question, something I can take aim at?

edit on 2012/6/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

It could be that I didn't quite grasp what the question is. I thought it spoke to divisions and divisiveness. I don't think that the way to address division is by promoting more division - i.e. segregated regional boards and whatnot. I tend not to correlate "division" with "difference". I can differ with any one, and maintain civility, but if they prefer divisiveness, that's when the smackdown stars coming into play.

Having different opinions is fine. The introduction of further regional boards will provide somewhat of a home feeling to the members of ATS. There are US and Middle Eastern Boards, why not introduce ones to suit Asia, Europe and Oceania? Introducing boards will in no way affect the overall participation of a member, it just gives them a retreat, a place to talk about their regional problems, a place to call "home" on ATS.

Giving specific members a "smackdown" does not help the overall ability to halt the spread of hate and divisiveness across ATS. If anything, it will make newcomers and affected members feel alienated (and that is not a good aspect to promote).

"Difference" promotes and stimulates discussion - if we all think the same, only one of us is really necessary, and discussion stagnates because it's like talking to yourself. "Division", on the other hand, promotes bigotry and strife, which are counterproductive to making full use of the differences found among varying people. How is discussion facilitated by segregation? That only gives you a feel-good forum where you can preach to the choir.

To what point does "difference" become "Division?"

It only takes one member to have a strong opposing view for a thread to heat up. Once a thread heats up, it doesn't take long for it to turn into a war of opinions. In this sense, it is the members who need to be taught to remain calm. In this way, using our methods, the whole scenario can be avoided, or if it were to happen, the people who wish not to take part can retreat to their "home" threads.

edit on 19-6-2012 by daaskapital because: quote

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

So can you put a finer point on the question, something I can take aim at?

edit on 2012/6/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Very well, I will attempt to clarify.

With such an international base of clientele, do you, as regent, feel that there is a trend toward divisivness across the board, and away from the civilised discussion you promote.

While we are all here to discuss with decorum the events of the world, do you feel we are leaning away from that civility and are leaning toward a trend of hostile intentions veiled only by the T&Cs and the agenda and clever wording of those who would promote that division.

In either event, how would you, as regent;

A) educate newer members of the proper civilities when engaging in such discussions? and;

B) Steer those away who seek to promote this ignorance to better discuss their ideals and not have degenerate into a "bashing" thread or just a series of random insults hurled at one another?

This question has been raised across the boards in many rants of late, and while we are aware of the ATS powers stance on agendas, it should be to the Regent to educate, not immolate the people.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm donating ATS points to IpsissimusMagus's campaign

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Lmao!

Genius! I love that, haha..

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Having different opinions is fine. The introduction of further regional boards will provide somewhat of a home feeling to the members of ATS. There are US and Middle Eastern Boards, why not introduce ones to suit Asia, Europe and Oceania? Introducing boards will in no way affect the overall participation of a member, it just gives them a retreat, a place to talk about their regional problems, a place to call "home" on ATS.

But do you feel the addition of new threads, a kind of "home base" will further seggregate users across the world rather than promoting healthy discussion inbetween borders. We are an international community here at ATS, one of the best in the world IMO. Will we see a return to the origianl Diablo style rules where players are afraid to step out of their own grounds for a fear of "Player Killers" roaming the boards?

Giving specific members a "smackdown" does not help the overall ability to halt the spread of hate and divisiveness across ATS. If anything, it will make newcomers and affected members feel alienated (and that is not a good aspect to promote).

This is a given , which as Regent I would hope the position entails the need to help and educate the newer members especially that ignorance is not the way here, and promoting civil and intelligent discussion, even though at times heated, is the way of ATS. This should be one of the Regent's top priorities and tasks.

To what point does "difference" become "Division?"

It only takes one member to have a strong opposing view for a thread to heat up. Once a thread heats up, it doesn't take long for it to turn into a war of opinions. In this sense, it is the members who need to be taught to remain calm. In this way, using our methods, the whole scenario can be avoided, or if it were to happen, the people who wish not to take part can retreat to their "home" threads.

For the most part I agree here. Suggesting members find a "safe haven" in the event of a topic becoming too heated is most likely not the answer. We always say civil and intelligent discussion is the way, and that is correct. If things get too hot and need a calm down, that is where the Mods should step in. The idea of a Regent would be to promote education in intelligent discussion. Otherwise, walking away is the best bet. Not the easiest sometimes, it is sometimes very tempting to have the last word, but that is what we should be teaching our newer members.
edit on 19-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join