It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 22
61
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Grrrr.....You have a slogan, and heavy hitters funding your campaign.


Good luck in the campaign!



There was a typo and the flyer has to be re printed.


Originally posted by nenothtu and fixed up (edited) by the Raving Lunatic Party

OK - I fell over asleep after working all night, and get up 6 hours later to an explosion! I'm still scrambling and catching up, but feel it behooves me to point out that Slayer69 Whateva69 has come up with a great campaign slogan for The Curmudgeon Party Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74 - "Whatever doesn't kill me... had better start running!" What do we want Buttons..When do we want them...NOW.

And that's exactly what mu slogan will be!

What do we want Buttons..When do we want them...NOW!




This edit was also approved by The Smear Campaign Party : IpsissimusMagus

love and harmony
Whateva




posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
ill let them post that

edit on 19-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 





if you'd like me to chair it


I think you are the perfect wabbit to host such an event. This weekend is good, hopefully GST will be back and updated on all our foolishness by then. I am -5 GMT, FYI, so feel free to coordinate.



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer
 





if you'd like me to chair it


I think you are the perfect wabbit to host such an event. This weekend is good, hopefully GST will be back and updated on all our foolishness by then. I am -5 GMT, FYI, so feel free to coordinate.


But.... doesn't beezer get to run too? I mean, you know, if I wasn't already voting for myself... he'd be toward the top of the list....just sayin



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Grrrr.....You have a slogan, and heavy hitters funding your campaign.


Good luck in the campaign!



I'm hoping for a campaign strategy team and a campaign manager to schedule all the appointments, but I'm just not sure how that will sit with the independence minded curmudgeons among us!

The campaign theme song is still in committee....



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
considering it is message board not toataly nesasay to all be on at once for debate...us just wait patiently for opponents response



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

And how do the other candidates feel about woman-whiskers?


I'm against them.. not literally mind you, because that would be gross, but against them all the same. Women don't like MY whiskers (they complain of rashes and "itchiness"), so I can't imagine why they would want their own.

Now, if they DO want their own, I reckon that's OK - but they should plan on spending a lot of Saturday nights home alone. It might be ok for the likes of Gloria Steinhem - I can't think of any guys that would want to hang out with her anyhow.



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

And how do the other candidates feel about woman-whiskers?


Woman whiskers eh. Women should have equal rights to men, and should have the ability to make their own decisions. If they don't want beards, then so be it. They get annoying anyway


Point of clarification - is it your contention that women or beards get annoying?

Or possibly women who want beards are annoying?



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

And how do the other candidates feel about woman-whiskers?


Woman whiskers eh. Women should have equal rights to men, and should have the ability to make their own decisions. If they don't want beards, then so be it. They get annoying anyway


Point of clarification - is it your contention that women or beards get annoying?

Or possibly women who want beards are annoying?




Beards can get annoying after a while



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So the question remains, how long will we have until the actual election?

We have the candidates, the debate and news setup, so when and how do we go to the polls so to speak?

Also, how will the ballots be counted? I would prefer private message to Beezer confirming votes, or to another, unbiased party. If that would seem acceptable to all involved, I would like to put my name forth as ballot counter.

Perhaps a fortnight to a month would be enough to have all debates, with the polls open over a 24 hour period to allow every time zone access to vote for their choice of regent.

So far this is shaping up nicely though, I reckon we should take on the world at this rate

edit on 19-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer
 


I'd like to formally request a debate between the candidates, organized by you, the OP. Shed your tears in the direction of honesty. I ask for a formal debate between nenothtu, daaskapital, gimme_some_truth, and myself. Make this the first round of debates, the format of your choosing, and until we gain access to the Debate Forum, run by a Mod, you could consider this to be an open preliminary round.



That ought to get interesting!

I'm ready whenever the rest are.



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
So the question remains, how long will we have until the actual election?

We have the candidates, the debate and news setup, so when and how do we go to the polls so to speak?

Also, how will the ballots be counted? I would prefer private message to Beezer confirming votes, or to another, unbiased party. If that would seem acceptable to all involved, I would like to put my name forth as ballot counter.

Perhaps a fortnight to a month would be enough to have all debates, with the polls open over a 24 hour period to allow every time zone access to vote for their choice of regent.

So far this is shaping up nicely though, I reckon we should take on the world at this rate

edit on 19-6-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)


Didn't ATS used to do polls on what members think about certain topics? Why don't they set up a poll to vote on the members? That way, it can keep track of every vote and for which party. I'd prefer it to go through that way...

What do others think?

This is of course the heads allow it

edit on 19-6-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu
 


Be careful where you tread here gentlemen


The right for women to be both annoying and have beards could swing votes away from you....

I'd have to go with DAAS on this one, beards suck. Shaving around them is even moreso though

edit on 19-6-2012 by 74Templar because: typos



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital
 


It could go either way I guess. An actual ATS poll would work just as well, I was just more thinking along the lines of an unbiased and uninvolved counter to keep it honest.

It would also depend on the time of the Mods and Admin, which we all know is stretched at best running the site as to their involvement. As this seems to be something by members for members, it just seemed members should also help out by counting out the votes.

Just my 2c



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital
 

reply to post by nenothtu
 


Beards can get annoying after a while


Just a gentle reminder to you both that your humble self appointed independent observers of the peanut gallery sideline bench as of 3:26pm Oz time, are all of the female persuasion, and until such time as voting commences, are still subject to influence.

Maybe you could dig into your campaign funds for a nice refurbishment of the peanut gallery observers bench? Some nice pillows, flowers, chianti and some soft-cheese platters for the debate session perhaps?



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

But.... doesn't beezer get to run too? I mean, you know, if I wasn't already voting for myself... he'd be toward the top of the list....just sayin


As a host and initiator of this event, it would be too self-serving if I threw my hat into the ring. I'm very happy just hosting this.

Maybe next year. . . . .
edit on 19-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Perhaps a fortnight to a month would be enough to have all debates ...


Oh crickey!!!

I don't know that I can keep up with this thread for a whole month

I already have a sore tummy from laughing so much.



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Perhaps a fortnight to a month would be enough to have all debates ...


Oh crickey!!!

I don't know that I can keep up with this thread for a whole month

I already have a sore tummy from laughing so much.


I do have to agree there. There is nothing more stomach wrenching than election time, all those promises...

Perhaps a fortnight then. Gives everyone time to put their case forward, debate their points, then a 24 hour polling period. I ask of our humble Bunny host, what say you?



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by 74Templar
 


Perhaps a fortnight to a month would be enough to have all debates ...


Oh crickey!!!

I don't know that I can keep up with this thread for a whole month

I already have a sore tummy from laughing so much.


Stay Strong...show no weakness. At least not until after we get the soft cheese platters....::


Des



posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by nenothtu
 




This is going to be fun,and intellectual at the same time.


I think...........




I'm not sure if I never knew what it was, or have just forgotten in my curmudgeonliness, but I agree, education can be fun!




top topics



 
61
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join