It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by Whateva69

You do realise boymonkey74 wants women to grow beards don't you?

He wants women with beards!

The MRLP is your party for equal rights for women, we will release a gas that makes you the woman grow beards just like us men

I think he should be disqualified for the mere mention of it

Yes he said woman's rights... A woman will have the right to grow a beard if so chooses
though I choose not to grow a beard, but the choice is there if i wanted to

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 18/6/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Grrrr.....You have a slogan, and heavy hitters funding your campaign.

Good luck in the campaign!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Yes he said woman's rights... A woman will have the right to grow a beard if so chooses
though I choose not grow a beard, but the choice is there if i wanted to

love and harmony
Whateva

It's all good.... after I win and all the alternate universes converge, there will be no such thing as gender anymore anyway... beards for all those who want them!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would also like to take this moment to honor the absence of gimme_some_truth, he would have much to add to this campaign if he were able to be here, but he had a family member involved in a very serious car accident, and is absent for now. I pray his family member is well, and hope to hear an update soon. I'm sure he'll be back as soon as he can.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Has ATS suspended its no internet gang formation listed on the T&C? To do this election thread?

This is an exercise in politics. So often I read on ATS that "my vote doesn't count", "what I say makes no difference", "votes have been bought". . . . ad nauseum.
But voting does make a difference. Running, speaking, supporting, does make a difference.

We have, here, a microcosm of the real world.
Sure there are no PAC's, no millions of dollars, but people are looking at the issues.

Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here.

The ATS Regent will be an advocate for members. The pay sucks, there is no parade (sorry PurpleChiten) but maybe this is what politics should be about.

Altruistic intentions.

To be honest, I see similarities here to the current US election process. And just maybe, some will gain a better understanding of the process, the frustrations, the irritations, the pluses and minuses that occur in the election process.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

lol, ok I concede that. But how does the "gas that makes you the woman grow beards" know which woman wants said facial stubble?

boymonkey74 needs to clarify this very important political policy stat.

And how do the other candidates feel about woman-whiskers?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I dig it, Beezzer. I'm a bit in my cups at the moment (a consequence of living in South Louisiana at times) aka - I'm drunk. But I love it. I'll chime in tomorrow night after work
Silly rabbit! Elections are for whores!
Cheers!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Gladly Druid. I appreciate your contribution here.

I will have my response soon. Peace, NRE.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Woman whiskers eh. Women should have equal rights to men, and should have the ability to make their own decisions. If they don't want beards, then so be it. They get annoying anyway

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for the update. I hope his family member is going okay and i extend my thoughts out to him and his family.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

lol, ok I concede that. But how does the "gas that makes you the woman grow beards" know which woman wants said facial stubble?

boymonkey74 needs to clarify this very important political policy stat.

He needs to clarify if beards means facial hair.....

boymonkey has a bias towards hairiness in general. boymonkey needs to address the concerns of those who choose to remain less so. JMOHO as a self appointed Independent Observer..

Des

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'd like to formally request a debate between the candidates, organized by you, the OP. Shed your tears in the direction of honesty. I ask for a formal debate between nenothtu, daaskapital, gimme_some_truth, and myself. Make this the first round of debates, the format of your choosing, and until we gain access to the Debate Forum, run by a Mod, you could consider this to be an open preliminary round.

However, GST will be at a disadvantage. He is not up to date on anyone's platforms. Perhaps you could provide a link to each members campaign HQ's. (The thread containing their platform.)

Just an idea. I'd prefer to wait for GST to get back, and that should give you time to decide the format.

I can request a debate amongst my peers, right? This is an election.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
I like the idea behind this and am enjoying reading what our candidates have to say. I have no interest in running, but I would like to join Des and Netties as an independent observer.

My one concern, so far, however, is IpsissimusMagus and the fake "articles" that have been posted. I get that he (or she) think that they are all in fun, but some of us do use the same "identity" elsewhere online and I have a big problem seeing someone, thinking that they are being funny, libeling members here with lies that will come up in a Google search for that name, which might very well cause harm to their reputation elsewhere online.

That is a whole lotta not okay.

In addition to the fact that it really is a blatant violation of the ATS T&C prohibition on posting information that is knowingly false. I think that going out of your way to libel your opponents in ways that may harm them outside of ATS should be automatic grounds for disqualification.

Take care,
Cindi

I believe those articles are generated "on the fly", at the time or request. Go to the address bar of your browser, replace "Candidate Name" with "Uncle Roger", and watch the articles change right before your very eyes.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Oh yes, this will be fun

I will agree that we should wait until GST is back, as it would be unfair to begin the debates without him.

This will be interesting!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Soft subtle whiskers, very light colored, are acceptable. Once they turn darker colored, and grow thick like a mustache, brrrrrr. I'd rather violate the T&Cs than kiss a woman with a beard.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

WHHHUUUUUTTT!??!?!! No PARADE?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by beezzer

I'd like to formally request a debate between the candidates, organized by you, the OP. Shed your tears in the direction of honesty. I ask for a formal debate between nenothtu, daaskapital, gimme_some_truth, and myself. Make this the first round of debates, the format of your choosing, and until we gain access to the Debate Forum, run by a Mod, you could consider this to be an open preliminary round.

However, GST will be at a disadvantage. He is not up to date on anyone's platforms. Perhaps you could provide a link to each members campaign HQ's. (The thread containing their platform.)

Just an idea. I'd prefer to wait for GST to get back, and that should give you time to decide the format.

I can request a debate amongst my peers, right? This is an election.

Absolutely. This weekend might work bettr because of different time zones and work schedules.

A possible time could be 2000 hrs GMT. This might work best for all involved (in terms of real-time) but if candidates have a better tme, I would be willing to accomidate. I know DasKapital is in Oz, so we'd have to keep that in mind if he wants to participate.

Of course you can request and initiate a debate at anytime of your own choosing.

I suggest a PM from all concerned to provide the most oppourtune time, if you'd like me to chair it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

surely you aren't singling out certain candidates and excluding others from the debate!!!

that would be definite points off....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Would I be silenced for saying "vagina" in debate?

What's that?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

This is going to be fun,and intellectual at the same time.

I think...........

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join