It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
More on my qualifications:

It has been rumored about that I am a paid CIA, NSA, MOSSAD, KGB, MI6, Scotland Yard, U.N.C.L.E., ISI, MKVD, mafia, ETC. agent. I can neither confirm nor deny these rumors - mostly because if I confirmed them, I might be lying, and if I denied them, you might not believe me.

One thing is certain - I HAVE pissed off Very Powerful People Who Make YouTube Videos. They make these videos because they are completely powerless to stop me. I am eminently unstoppable, but still they try, and make slanderous YouTube videos as their primary effort.

"All SUPER HEROES need a great PR team" - YouTube video producer "Honour Guard".

My PR team is my enemies. They screech, they howl, they slander. I embrace their slander, and only get stronger and more determined. As examples, here are a couple of YouTube videos where I am mentioned by name:

ATS Mafia

My CIA-ATS connections

Are these videos proof of a CIA/government connection? Absolutely not! Not a shred of evidence for any of the allegations is presented.

What ARE they proof of, then? They are proof that these Very Powerful Individuals can make YouTube videos, have piss poor language skills, employ slander, etc... but most of all, they are proof that I never back down, and care not who I piss off in the pursuit of the Truth and defense of my charges. I never give in, nor ever give up! That same tenacity and determination is what I will bring to the office of ATS Regent if elected.

Note: I assure you that "nenothtu" is NOT a fictitious username as alleged in the videos - it is a very REAL user name, and I use it every day at ATS!

On the strength of these videos, I went to the Federal Courthouse (the Pryor building - same as the one John Edwards was recently tried in) to turn myself in - hey, there could have been a reward for me if there were any truth to the videos, you know? Who doesn't like money? I could use it! Anyhow, imagine my heartbreak when the Federal marshals laughed at me and told me to go away! ME, the Most Dangerous Man Alive, according to the videos!

Oh the shame when you can't even get arrested after being plastered across YouTube!

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman
reply to post by beezzer

So, when can I expect the debates to start?

individuals have already started some threads, but your question gives me an idea.

ATTENTION!!!

If anyone wants, please U2U me any questions you have for the candidates. Of course anyone can ask a question to any candidate at any time,

But if the candidates want a formal Q&A, I'd be happy to initiate a formal setting.

beez

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yo Beezer, you can take my name off the list. I was just being facetious and thought this was just a exercise in humor.

Unfortunately, I could not take this as serious as others apparently are.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Yo Beezer, you can take my name off the list. I was just being facetious and thought this was just a exercise in humor.

Unfortunately, I could not take this as serious as others apparently are.

;Kay. Appreciate thecandor.

beez

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I like the idea behind this and am enjoying reading what our candidates have to say. I have no interest in running, but I would like to join Des and Netties as an independent observer.

My one concern, so far, however, is IpsissimusMagus and the fake "articles" that have been posted. I get that he (or she) think that they are all in fun, but some of us do use the same "identity" elsewhere online and I have a big problem seeing someone, thinking that they are being funny, libeling members here with lies that will come up in a Google search for that name, which might very well cause harm to their reputation elsewhere online.

That is a whole lotta not okay.

In addition to the fact that it really is a blatant violation of the ATS T&C prohibition on posting information that is knowingly false. I think that going out of your way to libel your opponents in ways that may harm them outside of ATS should be automatic grounds for disqualification.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Glencairn

Welcome to the Honorable Independent Observer's Cartel. We may be a small organization, but, I feel our role in the ATS Regency Elections, will be important to the integrity of the process.

Your valuable input is greatly appreciated....

Des....should I get us some T-shirts for identification purposes....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

PurpleChiten

I'd have thought you would have recognized who was in that photo. That, my Dear, *was* your opponent from the preliminary races that got you to this round in the Regents Election. Why do you think he dropped out so suddenly.

I think you owe me some of those cookies you've been promising everyone.....

Des and Netties....Independent Observers, ATS Regents Elections. Our promise to Candidates...'We see a problem for you...we fix it".

edit on 18-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

OHHHHHHHH got it!! I gave you a really big star!!! Thanks for taking care of the .....competition for me!!

The cookies have been arranged for you! ....some assembly required...and purchase is necessary, but that's the best I could do since I don't have a Super-Pac

edit on 18-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Definitely! Can I request that mine be pink? I've found that it is a good color on me and highlights my blue eyes.

I like the idea of being an observer and trying to see that things remain fair in this election. It is a fun exercise, but I really am serious in my concern about the actions of IpsissimusMagus and the possibility that it could impact people in a negative way outside of ATS. That isn't okay.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
reply to post by Destinyone

Definitely! Can I request that mine be pink? I've found that it is a good color on me and highlights my blue eyes.

I like the idea of being an observer and trying to see that things remain fair in this election. It is a fun exercise, but I really am serious in my concern about the actions of IpsissimusMagus and the possibility that it could impact people in a negative way outside of ATS. That isn't okay.

Take care,
Cindi

Stars and cookies for you!!! I want to be sure to take care of my possible supporters!

....pink goes really well with purple too!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm a self-appointed independent observer....

... willing to break stalemates, if the price is right....

I'm standing solidly - here -

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Pink does go well with purple. I would respectfully like to request brownies instead of cookies, however. Not "special" brownies, just regular plain, unfrosted, home made brownies. I'm a picky eater and don't like cookies. I can't guarantee, though, that it will have any effect on my impartiality.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am all for a formal debate... I think it would work better that way, getting all the candidates in one thread rather than having multiple threads floating around..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Pink does go well with purple. I would respectfully like to request brownies instead of cookies, however. Not "special" brownies, just regular plain, unfrosted, home made brownies. I'm a picky eater and don't like cookies. I can't guarantee, though, that it will have any effect on my impartiality.

Take care,
Cindi

then brownies it is!! No need to show favortism, I just like seeing brownie smiles!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

My one concern, so far, however, is IpsissimusMagus and the fake "articles" that have been posted. I get that he (or she) think that they are all in fun, but some of us do use the same "identity" elsewhere online and I have a big problem seeing someone, thinking that they are being funny, libeling members here with lies that will come up in a Google search for that name, which might very well cause harm to their reputation elsewhere online.

While you are entitled to your opinion. Your premise is absolutely ridiculous. There is absolutely no way anyone with at least two brains cells will be fooled by the articles. They are generated by a well known source and if anyone who I posted an article about wishes me to post a retraction. I will gladly post a full retraction.

I plan to continue my campaign and I could care less if you want to whine about it. I stated early on what my campaign strategy would be. There is no libel, no hoax. It's called political satire and it is not a violation of the T&C. If I have offended you the feeling is mutual. Your accusations are not only slanderous towards me. But they are even more preposterous than any of the silly articles I posted.

Everyone has a different sense of humor and a right to their own opinion. I do not concern myself with trying to please everyone, be politically correct or to appeal to sheeple. If you choose not to vote for me, then so be it. If you wish to have me change my political stance and platform. You got another thing coming. The ideals of my political party are based on the very things that you seem to be so offended by.

Such is the nature of this World and many other political arenas. Your attempt at censorship in this election process is disgraceful. As I said before, if you do not like what I stand for or what I have to say. You can simply ignore my posts. No one is forcing you to read it or click the links I post. I also think the other people who are running for ATS Regent can speak and stand up for themselves. And I don't think anyone who posts on ATS is worried about their screen name being seen in a bad light on some other website.

This is the internet. Many people use names that others use as well. I would appreciate it if you used a little bit more common sense and logic next time you post your thoughts. I can't force you to do this. I don't even know if it is within your capacity to comprehend what I am trying to convey to you. I can only hope you will see the error in your ways and hopefully learn from your mistakes. Leading to better judgement and decision making in the future.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
On a different note. I have asked a few of my favorite musicians to be my spokesman on certain issues.

The first spokesman will address the issue of my policy of the war on terror.

Please give a warm welcome to my brother from another mother.......Jimmy Cliff

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I nominate Skadi for the Come and Go as I Please Party, as she fills those shoes like no other...

Glad you're back J...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

You are entitled to think that your actions can not cause any harm, but the truth is: they might. There is a difference between libel and satire and my belief is that you crossed the line of satire and ventured into libel. That isn't good for the people who are your victims and it isn't good for ATS.

Sweet pea, I'm the only one of the two of us using logic and common sense. You don't have to like what I say, but, despite your disagreement, libeling others can negatively impact them outside of ATS. I'm not saying that it is guaranteed to happen, but it is a very real possibility.

I feel strongly about it because of a very similar situation that I watched unfold on a different forum a while back. One person had some grudge against another person on the forum and started creating ridiculous claims and rumors about the person. This went on for a while with the first person making untrue and libelous claims that they believed no logical person could possibly believe true, but shortly thereafter the second person had a small number of orders cancelled. When the second person questioned the lost customers as to why they cancelled their orders and tried to see what they could do differently for their business, each reply mentioned the information that the potential customer had found online. In the meantime, I had become an admin at this forum and when asked to do something about the person making the false claims, I requested proof and not just a claim that this was why person #2 lost the orders. I was forwarded all of the email correspondence and saw for myself that person #2 had indeed lost sales because of what person #1 had posted about them (as a "joke", supposedly) and that this ongoing "joke" was affecting their reputation and business in other places online.

I don't want to watch that happen again and feel that it is outside of the spirit of what ATS stands for. I don't think that you should be "censored", but I do think that you should be careful that you are not harming fellow ATS'ers who might be affected on sites other than ATS.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

So far I am behind your party... I would be nice and support my Muslim brothers however they decided to call themselves the Muslim Brotherhood, which is a name in real life I have a real opposition to therefore it is you who have my vote thus far.

However, as the official ATS reporter (self proclaimed....lol) I will remain impartial when I report the news during this campaign... Fair and balanced journalism is my creed!

I wish everyone the best!

edit on 18-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Originally posted by LadySkadi

I nominate Skadi for the Come and Go as I Please Party, as she fills those shoes like no other...

Glad you're back J...

Tempting - but perhaps a bit too similar to the Curmudgeon Party - 'm not sure.

Would I be silenced for saying "vagina" in debate?

edit on 18-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: grr, sp

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Would I be silenced for saying "vagina" in debate?

No...you would automatically be declared the winner.

Debate, debate..!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join