It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
dang, I gotta borrow that time machine again and jump ahead and see what it was I'm supposed to do this week to make my plan work out the way it did...errr does.
Don't tell beezer I have his machine!! Not that it matters, he gives it to me later but I don't want to mess up the progression thing, it gets all complicated.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by Sinny

If you were a TRUE Libertarian. You would understand my position on abortion.

In fact you are actually in favor of Big Brother controlling our lives.
edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

How does being a *true* libertarian automatically give me the power to see how the clogs turn in brain?

How am I in favor of big brother? I've indicated no such thing.

@ Gimme_some_truth, in regards to how I would make America less dependant on foreign oil:

I would make a public statement in the field of science and energy, and especially to the DOE, that mainstream thinking is no longer cutting the mustard, and make a personal call of help to scientists that have been shunned or discredidted for their alternative energy theories.

I'm quite confident that within less than a week we would have numerous ways of creating energy, and within a month, developed a way to integrate these methods into society. Depending how long it takes to cleans all departments of the festering leeches that currently inhibit them, depends how fast this course of action may take.

Society its self would have to be pro the energy movement.

Of course that's short of rigging *more* in America and *purchasing* more foreign oil.
I'm assumin those 2 methods above are not appropriate either?

Seems I keep falling asleep at the wrong time with this thread lol, my last post was 6 pages away, please keep up with me

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

mainstream thinking is no longer cutting the mustard

Did you know that Alexander the Great sent mustard to his enemies as a gift before he invaded them.

He wanted them to taste the bitterness of defeat.

Source

According to old-world tales, there was an interesting exchange of messages between King Darius of Persia and Alexander the Great.

King Darius sent a sack of sesame seeds to Alexander to show the vastness of his army. To this, Alexander responded with a sack of mustard seeds to imply not only the number but also the power, energy and the fiery nature of his men.

Source

I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory.
Alexander the Great
from Letter to King Darius III

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As the representative of the Birthday Party, it's important that we syncronize this forum with facebook. You see, I have the ballots set up so that any "happy birthday" wish is counted as a vote and I'm listing my birthday as election day. That will ensure that I win by a landslide.
I know it happens that way because I did the time jump and saw it come together! Resistance is futile, it has been predetermined and verified by the trip I took....or will take....depending on which time reference you use

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
As the representative of the Birthday Party, it's important that we syncronize this forum with facebook. You see, I have the ballots set up so that any "happy birthday" wish is counted as a vote and I'm listing my birthday as election day. That will ensure that I win by a landslide.
I know it happens that way because I did the time jump and saw it come together! Resistance is futile, it has been predetermined and verified by the trip I took....or will take....depending on which time reference you use

The Smiley Face Faction formally nominates PurpleChiten as our representative. PurpleChiten represents the core values of the SFF... laughter and lightheartedness first and foremost. Congratulations, PurpleChiten!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The Smiley Face Faction formally nominates PurpleChiten as our representative. PurpleChiten represents the core values of the SFF... laughter and lightheartedness first and foremost. Congratulations, PurpleChiten!

WOOOOT WOOOOT! I have a following!!!

I promise to serve and humor in all ways possible!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I was not aware of that, interesting fact

@ Smylygrl & Purplechiten, so what is your party? The smily faction, or the Birthday Party?

I fear as much as the world needs smiley faces, and birthday wishes, you lack the strong policies needed to win this election, maybe now would be a good time to inform us of some of the courses of action your party may take?

Untill then, the polls indicate my party is in the lead with a 90% approval rating,

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I was not aware of that, interesting fact

@ Smylygrl & Purplechiten, so what is your party? The smily faction, or the Birthday Party?

I fear as much as the world needs smiley faces, and birthday wishes, you lack the strong policies needed to win this election, maybe now would be a good time to inform us of some of the courses of action your party may take?

Untill then, the polls indicate my party is in the lead with a 90% approval rating,

We're conglomerating it into the Smiley Birthday NINJA Party. The Ninja part will take care of the strong policies and the Smiley Birthday stuff will take care of the rest!

Don't worry though, the new name will come through in a few more days if I remember correctly from my time jump. You climb aboard too, you just don't know it yet ... it's going to be an awesome awakening!! I can't wait until the rest of you get to see what I've seen!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm a self-appointed independent observer....this should be fun....

As there is only one self-appointed independent observer so far, I will sit alongside Des on the bench.
(Though carbs are a no-no, so sadly, no popcorn for me. I'll have a bucket of chicken instead.)

Des willing to break stalemates, if the price is right...

Ditto.

Hey Netties...glad to have you on board. Every election needs good independent observers. Looks like we are it.

Here's that bucket of chicken you wanted. I've set up an official ATS Election offshore account for us to use, in the event the candidates require our unbiased services in breaking ties....

Des

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Haha awesome! When I win this election, which I will

The Smyly faction of your party will be promoted to Vice Regent, and the Ninja faction of your party, is promoted to Defence Regent!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just seen this thread, and it looks as though I am late to the party....

I'd like to nominate myself for Regent as a member of the Waffle House Party!

Debates.....here I come!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Thinks like THAT will definitely be BANNED!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Haha awesome! When I win this election, which I will

The Smyly faction of your party will be promoted to Vice Regent, and the Ninja faction of your party, is promoted to Defence Regent!

I knew you were going to say that....
It's ok, you'll see in a few days and jump right on board and be very happy with your Ninja Chiten leader!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is to announce the formation of the Blitzen Party.
We stand solidly behind the Paulson principle. Pat Paulson, that is.

"I will not run if nominated, and if I am elected I will not serve".

Some short editorials:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
At latest count. . . . *whew*

We have. . .

Monster Raving Lunatic Party
boymonkey74

The Malum Canis party
Advantage

Independent Party
moosevernel

The Truth Party
gimme_some_truth

Libertarian-Farmer-Labor-Conservative party
FractalChaos13242017

Banana Republic Party
cenpuppie

Abducted platform
HomerinNC

The Smear Campaign Party
IpsissimusMagus

Muslim brotherhood
LightningStrikesHere

Goldman $ach$ Party
RealSpoke

Radical Centrist Party
DJW001

Sinny

Grain of Salt Party
twohawks

*open*
Taupin Desciple

Anarchists of Gaia Party
Druid42

*open*
Wide-Eyes

Stark Party
OrphenFire

Meritocracy party
TheCelestialHuman

ATS People's Party
daaskapital

Independent
lIIuminatus

Clean Living Party
Partygirl

Curmudgeon Party
nenothtu

Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents" Party
Furbs

The Smylee Birthday Ninja Party
PurpleChiten
smyleegrl

Waffle House Party
sheepslayer247

Blitzen Party
subject x

*whew*

I think this is correct. If the party names have changed, or if parties have merged, or if you're really not taking this seriously, let me know.

The list is getting looooooooooooooong!

(No 2 party system on ATS
)
edit on 18-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Jun 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman, good day to you all. Yesterday, I focused mainly on national policy hoping to show each of you where I stand as far as that goes. I gained quite a bit of support in doing so. Today, I had planned to discuss my stance and policies on a more international level, hoping to garner even more support from my fellow members of ATS.

However, sadly, sometimes, life takes a sad turn. A close family member was in a serious car accident and is in the hospital. So for the foreseeable future, I must tend to them as well as my family and will be unable to actively campaign.

Please note, I have asked for permission from the thread author and idea man for this election and I AM STILL RUNNING. My name WILL REMAIN IN THE BALLOT. I simply will not be able to continue my active campaign as I help my family. Should I be able to pick back up with my active campaign, I will, but again, for the time being, my time must be spent with my family.

I wish to state that I have approached this election with honesty, integrity, civility and experience and I do believe that has come shining through over and over. My stances are the same, though I do wish I had the time to go into more detail as far as my stances on a more international level and explaining how they would be great, not just for the US, but, perhaps everywhere.

At the end of the day, I truly believe that the will of the people will prevail. I do believe I have a shot and I do believe I am the right person for this position and I welcome and hope for your continued support and vote in this election.

I post below, one last time, some links. These links show where I stand on the issues and why I believe I am the best person for the position of ATS Regent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ladies and Gentleman, I will let my words speak for themselves. I encourage you all to vote, not based on popularity or friendship. I ask you to cast that aside. That serves as only a distraction. Examine the stances of each of our fine candidates and vote for who you think will be the best person for the position.

I wish each and everyone of my opponents good luck in their campaigns and I apologize again, for being unable to continue on a more active basis. But again, my name is still on the ballot and will remain their.

May the right person for the position win. In the end, the will of the people will prevail.

Again, I am still running and my name will remain on the ballot. So please, get out there and vote for your choice in this election. Let’s show the world what a clean and fair election is supposed to look like!

Thank you all and good luck to my fellow candidates.

Peace and love

gimme_some_truth

Vote Truth_2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also posted this in a thread of it's own (linked below) so that this statement does not go unnoticed.

Peace and love to you and yours.

The will of the people will prevail!

Truth 2012

edit on 18-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hey, what happened to the Donner Party?

Now I'm a punchline without a set-up...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Thinks like THAT will definitely be BANNED!!!

PurpleChiten

I'd have thought you would have recognized who was in that photo. That, my Dear, *was* your opponent from the preliminary races that got you to this round in the Regents Election. Why do you think he dropped out so suddenly.

I think you owe me some of those cookies you've been promising everyone.....

Des and Netties....Independent Observers, ATS Regents Elections. Our promise to Candidates...'We see a problem for you...we fix it".

edit on 18-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Hey, what happened to the Donner Party?

Now I'm a punchline without a set-up...

No-one claimed The Donner Party.

Sorry.

Wanna change it?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So, when can I expect the debates to start?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join