Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hey beezzer, i'm back after a long day

Okay, is this the thread which we specifically debate against each other in, or is there going to be a further, deeper thread in which we can connect and converse?

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

You must be the Lord of the rings guy then?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, I was downtown at the occupy protests. Where we discussed the serious issues.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I am back, so what is the score now, how is this going to work. I think maybe you should have a set list of questions that each candidate has to answer may be the easiest format.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Druid42

I think one of the first issues here is the marriage issue. All of you candidates are espousing 'marriage' to be open to anyone and everyone. However, as you aptly pointed out, it is an institution peculiar to religion alone, at least as seen today.

I believe that marriage should be the first order of business in clarifying each respective candidates position thereof, since all (or most) of you want 'marriage' to be an insitution in which everyone is invited to participate.

Can the candidates please explain how marriage will heretofore be defined and upon what basis?

It's primarily a personal matter - who you want to spend your life with, and the level of commitment involved in it. I would think it should be limited to adult humans, since children an animals are either incapable of making their own decisions in such a momentous matter of commitment, or of speaking their mind in the matter.

If a couple wants a religious ceremony, then it would devolve to the rules and regulations of their religion, not the State. if they are NOT religiously minded, then it would primarily be a matter of commitment to one another, within the guidelines set forth above - no kids, no critters.

In either case, the State has no business interfering in their personal affairs, neither authorizing nor forbidding. If a guy want 12 wives, or a gal wants 12 husbands, and everyone involved is cool with that, who am I to tell them "NO!" ? IF a guy or a gal wants to commit to someone of their own sex, what business is that of mine, or the States? If I'm not living in their house, why should I care?

I think what you're aiming at is that folk need to accept and understand their self-responsibilities.
I agree that for far-too long, most people look to the Government for what to do and it seems that
many deem it a right not to work and to accept Welfare.
It is a right to not work, but surely one cannot demand that others pick-up the slack.

Well done 'Sir'! on your position!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I think what you're aiming at is that folk need to accept and understand their self-responsibilities.
I agree that for far-too long, most people look to the Government for what to do and it seems that
many deem it a right not to work and to accept Welfare.
It is a right to not work, but surely one cannot demand that others pick-up the slack.

Exactly! The matter of governmental interference in marriage has additional dimensions as well - when you ask an institution to bless your choices with their permission - whether a governmental license of a church wedding, you are at the same time asking them to set the rules for you, and agreeing to abide by the rules they set. When you hand them control, via a licensing scheme, then they get to set the rules on who is allowed a license, and that opens to door for all manner of discriminatory practices.

Then they further discriminate, beyond merely who is allowed one of their licenses, by giving special privilege via disparate tax breaks to people they have agreed to grace with their bit of paper, and they are the ones who set property division in the event of dissolution, and so on. Heck, they even require their permission for that dissolution, as if they can legislate whether you can get along or not! When you give them that first bit of control, they use it to rope in even more.

Give 'em an inch, watch 'em take a mile!

Well done 'Sir'! on your position!

HEYHEYHEY! I'm not a "sir" - I still work for a living! "Mister nenothtu SIR" raised me and kicked my fanny as necessary long ago! He was probably the closest thing to a knight I'VE ever seen, anyhow!

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
To all, this is the thread where you will express your platform-ideology. This is the thread where people can ask questions, concerning your position on subjects.

You are free to create your own threads to discuss your party platform, though.

Tell us why you deserve to be voted in as Regent.

What would you bring to the position of "Member's Advocate"?

Why should I, vote for you?

This is a global community. So keep it broad. It's not a US, UK, Europe, Asian site.

It is a global one.

So think along those lines.

(been rather busy, but will have the updated list of candidates today, I swear!
)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Tell us why you deserve to be voted in as Regent.

What would you bring to the position of "Member's Advocate"?

Why should I, vote for you?

well, I could answer that with flowery words and grand speech, or I could just flat out state it plainly. Let's go with plain.

What I bring to the position of a Member's Advocate is that I don't back down. EVER.

I don't give up. EVER.

I don't stop when my opponent is happy, I stop when I'M happy with the result.

Would you rather have a pit bull as an advocate, or a social butterfly?

When you answer that for yourself, you'll have the answer for why you either should or shouldn't vote for me.

I come with references.... a pedigree, and I've had all my shots!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Dear members, moderators and readers of ATS, i daaskapital have recently conceived the ATS People's Party, a party for the people of ATS. A party which will represent the major beliefs of the people associated with the party.

The main objective of this party is not only just to win the title of Regent, but also to be a long term party which will represent the ideologies of the people. If you, as an equal member of ATS vote for myself and the ATS People's Party (or better yet, join the party), then we will be one step closer to promoting our ideologies.

Don't get me wrong, the pre-conceived ideologies targeting myself are nothing to worry about. I have been called names, with perhaps the most worrying being Anti-American...but this party is not about that. Not about name calling or the history of the members. We can all have a fresh start, and the ATS People's Party is the place to do it. In this party, we can all share ideas and proposals in which have the potential to change ATS for the better. I have many different beliefs and opinions regarding specific spheres of events, and i am sure you do too!

In what way will we make ATS better? We will make ATS a friendlier community, we will support equality (as there is no reason for egos to take precedence over the friendlier and more open aspects of Above Top Secret), we will provide challenging debates and topics where we can still be individuals, but keep the immature and rash behaviour out of the topics.

Please feel free to add anything you feel we can change for the better. ^^^

Some members may still be questioning me, based purely on the negative aspects of my posting history, but i ask of those who question me to take a look at my threads. Only on few occasions have i created threads targeting the direct structure of controversial topics. Anyway, i feel i have covered that topic too much.

Now, on to the International aspect.

Knowing that ATS is an international society with members all over the world, it is important for us to maintain and respect each other's beliefs, history, tradition and culture. I believe that the ATS People's Party will be solid enough to produce these positive qualities. As ATS is now, i am sure we can all agree that there is prejudice against the Muslims, against the Christians, against Atheists, against Asians, against Westerners, against Middle Easterners, and against our respective traditions and culture. I will say now. This will stop under the ATS People's Party. Now i understand, it will be impossible to completely quell this behaviour, but that being said, it is not impossible.

This application will now head to my personal views.

War:

I am against all types of war. Whether it be verbal or an all out physical war, it does not benefit anyone besides those in power.

Same-sex Marriage

I understand that this is a controversial subject, but we are all human, and i believe we should all have equal rights. I know that marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman, however, the society we live in today is drastically different to the society of which the Bible was written. This may alienate some of you, considering the previous statements by me. But as i said, everyone is free to share their thoughts, and we can all come to an agreement to alter the party's core ideologies.

Economy

The Global Economy is on a roller coaster which is heading down hill and it doesn't appear to be slowing. While this roller coaster has it's bumps, we are all ultimately going to end up down the bottom, no matter which country you live in. One of my critical positions regarding the economy is that the Euro should be eliminated, as it is a sinking ship which is going down fast. The quicker European nations can escape the Euro, the better.

Why should ATS join the party and vote for me?

Our party will uphold the values of factual information. Instead of providing baseless opinions, we should always back up our statements with facts, through using either primary or secondary sources. It is something i have always strove to achieve, and it should be something we should all aim for, as it not only strengthens our arguments, but provides useful information to our opposition so they may learn.

With all this said, i will now conclude this statement by saying, please vote for myself and the ATS People's Party, and remember, it is a party which is for everybody, including you! Don't be afraid to drop by and state your opinions. Together, we can achieve great things!

Good luck to my fellow competitors.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The Radical Centrist Party Caucus is hereby convened:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Welcome to the club

Good luck
......... News Flash

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

Welcome to the club

Good luck
......... News Flash

Thanks mate

Good luck to you too!!!

What...no, this news flash is wrong

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo

They spelt my name using a capital, therefore it isn't me

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here is my thread...it is technically the same as the post above, but i have clarified some things in response to member replies

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hate to do this to ya beez, but I borrowed that time machine you created, jumped ahead, rigged the election and I already won....YAAAYYYY MEEEE!!!! WOOOOT WOOOOOT

Now ya'll bow down and kiss my feet and stuff!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by muse7
Will a short form birth certificate do? Or will we have to provide our long form?

Since this is a global election, prof of being human would suffice.

. . . . . . . . . . . . so in answer to your question, long form.

Glad I got that one changed before I jumped ahead in time, rigged the election and won!! Chitens RULE!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Announcing the formation of the ATS Curmudgeon Party (Provisional)

It's on.

edit on 18-6-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

OMG, it's true. I found this news paper clipping and it's from the future.

God help us. We can prevent this from happening people. DO NOT VOTE FOR PurpleChiten

ETA:

I found another clipping from the future.

edit on 6/18/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by PurpleChiten

OMG, it's true. I found this news paper clipping and it's from the future.

God help us. We can prevent this from happening people. DO NOT VOTE FOR PurpleChiten

Yeah, it got...errrr will get....hairy there for a few minutes but it all works out in the end!

I can't wait for everybody to get to see what happens, it's EPIC!!!
I can only tell you small parts as wel go as to not disrupt the timeline, but for now, I'm a member of the Birthday Party (for the initial ballot and all)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Where did you get that tape of me? that was supposed to have been destroyed when I paid the blackmail!

I'm going to have a word with my campaign manager over this... when I get one....

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join