Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks for bringing this link but I would also like to hear what candidates think (in their platform) of some ATS rules and modus operandi.

For example, as Cuhail stated :

"Do you think the "20 Posts" a member needs to start his first thread is enough?"

But also :

What is your stance on the Flag and Star system? Would you make changes to it if you could?

Looking forward to interesting replies and debate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by nenothtu

Consider yourself a candidate, I will provide an updated list later in the "day".

Thanks. With so far no votes as to the party name, I'm leaning towards a provisional name of "Curmudgeon Party" for it. That will at least force some members to crack open a dictionary for a minute or two.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My COLB for public inspection. I've included Obama's COLB for comparison, so that all can see that mine is every bit as valid - it was made from the same blank COLB, which can be verified if you know what to look for. Nay, mine is MORE valid, as I've not blacked out the registration number. Higher resolution is available for document experts to verify that it is made from the same blank copy:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Can the candidates please explain how marriage will heretofore be defined and upon what basis?

Marriage, as an institution, will remain the same, with the removal of the gender based bias. It will be defined as the union between two humans, with the same legal repercussions dealing with division of assets and liabilities. Two individuals may apply for a marriage license, and wed, and tenure the same responsibilities. In the event of a divorce, the same legal process is to be followed.

Please ask for clarification on my Party's stance if required.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well folks, I have to go to work.

Duty calls, literally.

I will check in from time to time and get that updated list out as soon as possible.

Great participation!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

What is your stance on the Flag and Star system? Would you make changes to it if you could?

Looking forward to interesting replies and debate.

The only change in it I would make would be to include the ability to remove stars from a post inadvertently bestowed, just as one can now "unflag" a thread.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Can the candidates please explain how marriage will heretofore be defined and upon what basis?

Marriage, as an institution, will remain the same, with the removal of the gender based bias. It will be defined as the union between two humans, with the same legal repercussions dealing with division of assets and liabilities. Two individuals may apply for a marriage license, and wed, and tenure the same responsibilities. In the event of a divorce, the same legal process is to be followed.

Please ask for clarification on my Party's stance if required.

I can't go there. As an individual decision and commitment, the State has no business issuing licenses for marriage, nor bestowing perks for it, in violation of the same rights being extended to the unmarried. If it's an issue of "equality" for gays, then that same equality extends to all - gay or straight, married or unmarried. No one should be "more equal than the rest", and that includes the marriage-impaired.

Division of assets and liabilities should not be a government matter, either. If they can't agree on that division amongst themselves, they ought not to have committed to begin with, and they get what they get.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

"Do you think the "20 Posts" a member needs to start his first thread is enough?"

I will state that this question is very relevant to the candidate's perception of the meaning of core values. Personally, I feel the 20 post rule is adequate, and does not need adjusted. I'll elaborate by saying that most new members don't know their way around, so if they are tenacious enough to post twenty times, they either have a desire to learn more, or are simply posting for the ability to start a new thread. Either way, time tempers every ATS member. If you are foolish enough to quickly zip through your first twenty posts, it will reflect poorly upon you later on. If you provide a thoughtful set of twenty posts, you'll be recognized early on as a valuable contributor.

Thank you for allowing me to answer that question.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

My official stance is not to work on things that aren't broken. To be honest, changing fundamental aspects of the underlying software would require a complete rewrite of the software itself, and in the metamorphosis I doubt that many of us could adapt to a different interface.

My opinion of the Flag and Star system is that it works, and is currently a fundamental part in how we relate to each other. Most of us look for the posts with many flags, as a thread's flag count holds some measure of it's merit. Any replacement mechanism for the Flag and Star system really isn't required, simply stated.

There are many forums on the internet, and each has their own "token", or "e-prop", or "bell" or "like" feature. I think the idea behind the SnF system is what really upsets most people, not the actual Flag itself. To me, it is an integral and functioning part of ATS, and needs not changed.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I can't go there. As an individual decision and commitment, the State has no business issuing licenses for marriage, nor bestowing perks for it, in violation of the same rights being extended to the unmarried. If it's an issue of "equality" for gays, then that same equality extends to all - gay or straight, married or unmarried. No one should be "more equal than the rest", and that includes the marriage-impaired.

You are making it very hard for me to be impartial

Excellent answer!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

You are making it very hard for me to be impartial

As a politician, that's my JOB!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
Ooh fun fun.

Is it too late for a new nominee? I nominate myself, for the "Clean Living Party." We support cleanliness on all levels, whether its rooting out corruption in government or making sure that people stop littering and wearing droopy clothes that expose the upper part of their bottoms. We don't need to see it! And with me in office, you won't have to.

Not me.

I hate shaving, and the beer cans littering the floor have a purpose - they serve as an early warning system against intruders and assassins!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I nominate myself under the "Paid Shills and Disinformation Agents" Party

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
gimme some truth -more like give me a break!
lol i had to go there
you made my brain bleed with the "ladies and gentleman" and constant reminder of how you were a mod... ok we get it!
i normally like your opinions too
stay cool bro - i know your trying to " run a clean campain" but your posts in this thread might brainwash a weaker mind
rope it in bro, rope it in

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by lIIuminatus
As I initially stated, none have thus far taken this idea quite seriously, and would rather adhere to troll like tactics and ad hominem assaults in attempt to mask their own contradictions and flaws. Deny ignorance, but be mindful of your own. The idea's I presented seem like a platform in it's self, so I may very well advocate them, as should all.
I would like to nominate my self as an independent, for now.
Consider it done.

May I posit a question, though?

I find striking similarities to this and national elections. Sides are being taken, issues resolved, a polarisation, as it were.

This is a great microcosm of what we experience in life, don't you think?

As similar as it seems, indeed. As it is in the real world, as it is here as well. However, there is still the will of choice. Before long, although, your candidate list will be quite long..Democracy in online communities become flawed when the majority are misinformed and/or encouraged to become misled to sate the hidden agenda of another. Deny ignorance, and spread awareness. You and I did ascertain that the Regent is to become a members advocate.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

After an in depth investigation. Sources have uncovered facts that must be brought forth into the light. The claims made by gimme_some_truth have been repeated over and over in this thread. But let's take a quick journey into what he really stands for when people are not looking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

That's right folks, have some fun, take your pants off and rummage through the ATS fridge for some grub.

No mods are on right now.... So for no apparent reason I am starting a no mod party thread...

( Of course the T&C still applies).

Party!!!
edit on 29-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

So the truth comes out. But that's not all folks.

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't know if hell exists, I have my doubts, but I digress.

I don't know why I am sharing this with you, but I feel the need to share this little bit of my day with some one, and you came to mind.

I hope you don't mind...

I went to go visit my grandma in her nursing home today.She has Alzheimer's, but is not TOO bad... She likes to reintroduce me to everyone several times...But I just smile and say " How are you?"

She can get irritable with people who forget, and does not realize just how forgetful she is, but that is way beside the point.

Anyway, I went there and all these old women were sitting at a table and they were signing these cards that were going out to the troops over seas. In Afghanistan, I assume.

Normally, I would not send cards to troops...Not for any political reasons, just because I don't really feel like making the effort....

But they kept passing the cards to me to sign...So I figured...Why not... Maybe I could have some fun with this.

I decided not to sign my name though...I decided to sign other peoples names....

I wonder what these soldiers will think when they get a card from Jenna Jameson, Tom Hanks, Paris Hilton and Pamela Anderson.

I figured it was harmless to do...Maybe it will give them a good laugh... Who knows...

The activity director knew I was doing it, she found it funny... So she is going to send them as is....

Whether I like what is going on over there or whether I think we belong over there, I figure they could use a little laugh....

I had a nice laugh anyway.

So yeah, that was my day..I forged celebrity signatures in nursing home cards being sent to troops over seas....

Am I going to hell?
edit on 23-5-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

Next we have a quote directly from gimme_some_truth's ATS profile

Topics I Dislike:

My least favorite topic on this site is politics. I mean, I love politics but on a site such as this, with people who feel VERY strongly when it comes to their personal views. Because of that there is a decent chance that a lot of those threads will go from well meaning threads, to arguments that contain personal attacks and mudslinging

What are we to believe?

Why would someone who dislikes discussing politics on ATS suddenly run for ATS Regent?

Here we have examples of the honesty and integrity that was promised to you by gimme_some_truth

More to come soon.........

Vote for me.

Because those other guys are even bigger liars than I am.

edit on 6/18/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I've been on this site for quite some time now and while we've never had private conversations, I can tell from your posts that you are very consistent in what you believe in and you take what you believe in seriously.

I see the opposition has already resorted to hiring actors for paid endorsements.

Shame on you.

If I were an actor you would've seen that coming because I post enough to where people would know whether I'm an actor or not. Shame on you.

You need to learn to read better as well because the first two words of my post were......"So far".

I wasn't endorsing him yet. I was telling him why I'm leaning that way and giving him some, what I think at least is, constructive advice. He seems to be the type of person who can take that. Unlike other people I chat to.

Now, I'm going to take the advice I give to new members and not feed the trolls. I may as well vote for Romney if I keep chatting it up with YOU.

Have a good night.Or day, wherever you are.

The reason I question your credibility is because earlier in this thread you made this post on page 6. Where you announced your candidacy for ATS Regent.

Before the debates had even begun you apparently decided to withdraw from the running and throw your support for gimme_some_truth. As indicated in your second post

How ironic that you have decided to call me a troll. But that's fine, I support the rights of trolls to speak their mind. Just as I will any other person who wants to voice their opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Black Hat Politics ... wow this is becoming a true-to-life campaign.

You're in marketing aren't you

You should take a look at some of the stuff going down here in Australia.
You may pick up some tricks.

edit on 18/6/2012 by Netties Hermit because: It's a political thing

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

I am beginning to see a big resemblance between the nominees for ATS Regent and the participants at this Stars Wars premiere. I think Triumph the dog describes them best in this video below. Enjoy .....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6/18/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I will go Banana Republic...Since they have a clothes line....Get money

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join