The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
For the sake of organization, I have compiled my posts stating my stances on the issues,my platform and why I am the right person for ATS Regent.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ladies and Gentleman my stance on the issues, my platform and the reasons why I believe I am the best person for the position of ATS Regent, are all right here for you each to read.

Again, I urge everyone, do not vote for who you think is cooler or who you happen to like more. I encourage a clean and fair race. I believe that what should be important is not who is the coolest or who has the most friends I believe what is most important is where we each stand on the issues and who can bring the most to the table.

Who will be the best person for the position of ATS Regent? This is the question. At the end of the election, the will of the people will prevail and the best person for the job, will gain their appropriate title as ATS Regent.

This is where I stand, popular or not. I thank you all for your time today and look forward to tomorrow.

Peace and love.

TRUTH_2012

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

May I make a suggestion?

Make your own thread,with the given links.

Yes,I know it may take from this one,but I do believe it is fair to say,it needs to have its own thread,for the sake of legitimizing your stances.MHO

TRUTH_2012

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Until we meet again.

Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would also like to offer a quick and major thank you to SonoftheSun, Ben81, and sonnny1 for your support.

I am touched and honored to have it and I will not let you down, should I be lucky enough to earn the title of ATS Regent.

Again, I will let my words, stance on the issues and my honesty and experience, speak for themselves.

The will of the people will prevail.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'll second that Idea. Each candidate should make their own thread with a similar title but denoting the candidate's username. For example: ATS Candidate for Regent: Gimme_some_Truth. Ideas on the format? We should at least get a solid stance on everyone's views before the debating starts. Do we even have the ability to hold a formal debate?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ooh fun fun.

Is it too late for a new nominee? I nominate myself, for the "Clean Living Party." We support cleanliness on all levels, whether its rooting out corruption in government or making sure that people stop littering and wearing droopy clothes that expose the upper part of their bottoms. We don't need to see it! And with me in office, you won't have to.

Clean living is pro-Environmental protection, which is a left-leaning idea. But our focus on clean living also bolsters traditional religions and traditional culture, which should make me some friends on the right as well.

In a clean country, people behave respectfully to one another, dress as well as they can on their limited budget, and eschew dirty tricks of all sorts! Crime will be mecilessly punished, Singapore-style! Public caining will be brought back for graffitti artists and window-breakers.

Corruption is the number-one problem in government because without elected officials you can trust to do the right thing, you can't achieve anything. I would bring back the old Roman punishment for corrupt officials: Sew the offender in a bag with a rooster, a dog, and a snake and throw the whole thing into the nearest river. That ought to thin the ranks of the lobbiests and maybe even clear out almost all of the current officeholders in Congress.

Vote Partygirl for a cleaner world!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Do we even have the ability to hold a formal debate?

I believe we should.

It couldn't be too hard. Heck,we can use ATS LIVE for it!!!

It would be awesome,actually !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I'll second that Idea. Each candidate should make their own thread with a similar title but denoting the candidate's username. For example: ATS Candidate for Regent: Gimme_some_Truth. Ideas on the format? We should at least get a solid stance on everyone's views before the debating starts. Do we even have the ability to hold a formal debate?

I just sent a message to staff, asking if this would be okay and to figure out the best forum for such a thread. I do think this would be easier. That way, members do not have to search all over this thread to see where we each stand on the issues.

As for format, I don't know. I was just going to place my stance on the issues as written here, but put them all together in one thread. Easy to find and read. Though, the thing is, I don't know if I would be devoting that much time to that thread, I would most likely be in here, debating, discussing etc...I suppose though, where I post for the most part, will depend on what is decided about all this.

It would be nice to have an organized spot for our individual stances and why we think we are the best person for the title. And maybe the debates that we do, could take place in the debate forum?

I am just thinking out loud. I think, I will rest up for the night. I have been campaigning hard today and need to get rested for tomorrow.I imagine things are only just getting started and that they are really going to pick up soon.

Thank you all again for your support, questions and responses. I truly appreciate it.

Good night to you all

Peace and love.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I can't see this working...to complicated... Most important....why?

I vote...there's other things to worry about

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Here's my ID:

Oh.
I see.
I don't do "nice".
Reconsidering...

Awww - c'mon! I've seen you be nice ... I think (?)

I hearby offcially nominate neno to toss his very manly cowboy hat in the ring (with his choice of party name) for these reasons:

- He has THE BEST I.D. card (and you can pretty much bet that he has punched all those tasks),
- He kinda does remind me of Steve McQueen a bit,
- He likes Aussies, and ...
- He's really good at acting curmudgeonly and kicking bar stools He's quite a good debater.

What say you nenothtu?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Do we even have the ability to hold a formal debate?

Ummmm...have you looked around? At all? ATS can do anything!

ATS Debate Forum

I'll say it- "We have the ability!

Vote well, vote often!

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'm a self-appointed independent observer....this should be fun....

As there is only one self-appointed independent observer so far, I will sit alongside Des on the bench.
(Though carbs are a no-no, so sadly, no popcorn for me. I'll have a bucket of chicken instead.)

Des willing to break stalemates, if the price is right...

Ditto.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well, it appears we have a popular candidate. Popularity doesn't solve problems, solutions do.

Gimme_some_truth is an excellent candidate for the position, but is he the most ideal? Clearly, he has stated his stance on several issues, but I find his exclusion of citizens of other countries somewhat apparent. There are many members from the UK, Australia, Asia, and Africa, but a few of his positions deal solely with the domestic policy of the United States. I would think an individual would work to find solutions to the world's problems, not specifically that of a single country.

I am the candidate that can step back, look at the bigger picture, and share possible solutions that are mutually agreeable. I don't wish to further divide the nations of this great planet, I wish to join them together.

Feel free to ask any questions about my party's platform. Transparency should be a key word in this election.

Best of luck to the other candidates, and good luck, Beez, trying to figure this out. Since you are the OP, start pointing us in a direction. Ideas?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Kinda dusty in there. Last debate was January of this year. We'll need to kick out a few cobwebs.

Other than that, who decides the debating rules?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

I hearby offcially nominate neno to toss his very manly cowboy hat in the ring (with his choice of party name) for these reasons:

- He has THE BEST I.D. card (and you can pretty much bet that he has punched all those tasks),
- He kinda does remind me of Steve McQueen a bit,
- He likes Aussies, and ...
- He's really good at acting curmudgeonly and kicking bar stools He's quite a good debater.

What say you nenothtu?

I accept. The name of the party is to be "The Curmudgeon Party", "Party of One", or "The Write-In Party". I'll leave the specific name up to the will of The People. Ya'll can vote on it.

My positions:

1) gay Marriage - I don't care, but it ought to be equalized. I don't think the government should be in the business of saying who CAN and who CAN'T be married, either way. I don't think the government has any business at all either authorizing some or denying others. Marriage licenses should not be a matter of government issue or interference at all. At the same time, I don't think government should be conferring any benefits on the married simply by virture of marriage. That is discriminatory against the unmarried.

2) Abortion - I don't care, but it should be equalized. If a woman takes it upon herself to kill off her offspring, then it's none of my business. Her contribution to the gene pool is obviously flawed anyhow. It's not a good survival stategy for a species to eat their own young unless those young are somehow flawed. At the same time, it takes two parents to create a child, and so the father should have some say in their disposal as well as the mother. If he's not given that say, and she kills them off any way, I support his right to cancel HER birth certificate, assuming that the initial conception was in compliance with applicable law to begin with.

As a corollary to the equalization, if some psycho kills off his pregnant wife, it should not be legal to charge him with murder in the case of the child unless the woman in question would have been charged for murder in the course of obtaining an abortion.

3) Drug legalization - I don't care. It's none of my business how someone else chooses to destroy their own world. This stance applies across the board, for ALL illicit substances, not just fluffy green ones. The only caveat is that in such cases, they should not be allowed to drag children down with them. if they insist on riding to doom, the kids should be removed and re-homed with people who AREN'T trying to destroy their own private world. Otherwise, eat, drink, smoke and sniff what you want. it's none of my business.

4) Stay the hell off of my lawn.

5) Economy - needs a re-boot, without centralization. barter needs to be reinitialized as well, as a parallel system in case of the primary failure of the monetary system. money to be backed by precious metals and jewels and the like, durable items of value, rather than thin air and ill wishes.

6) Foreign Policy - stay the hell out of other countries' business. Be friends, until they start trying to borrow money, or kill you, or in the more entertaining cases, both.

7) Military expenditures - I believe in a strong military. I am also a "hands-on" kind of guy, and so I am perfectly willing to fold the paper airplanes for the ATS Air Force (remember that Godzilla picture!) with my own hands.

This is a start, and not intended to be all-inclusive. It will build as it rolls downhill, like a snowball.

Birth certificate will be forthcoming.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The MRLP is your party for equal rights for women, we will release a gas that makes you the woman grow beards just like us men

Wibble wibble and a likkle wibble.

Vote mad for for the MRLP.
edit on 17-6-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I would think an individual would work to find solutions to the world's problems, not specifically that of a single country.

Solving the Worlds problems, should be a prerequisite. I agree wholeheartedly.

Second, Not all problems can be solved.....lets keep that in mind.

And I sent Beez,a mail to look into the debate thing.........

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Ladies and gentleman, you will not get dishonesty from me. I have been civil, straight forward, honest and have acted with integrity and will continue to do so through out this entire campaign and that will not change, should I be elected.

I am simple, straightforward, and honest. Integrity is in the eye of the beholder. I am NOT civil. Civility causes wars. How many civil wars has humanity engaged in in the past few centuries? Who can count that high?

I see your qualities, and raise you "direct". I'm pretty doggone direct.

edit on 2012/6/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

lol...nevermind....

edit on 17-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuhail

Kinda dusty in there. Last debate was January of this year. We'll need to kick out a few cobwebs.

Other than that, who decides the debating rules?

Well, most of the threads in the forum are started by Super-Mod TheVagabond, so, I think he would be a good place to start.

That's a great platform. I like it. Top to bottom.

Made sense AND made me laugh out loud in spots.

Starred.

Cuhail

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join