Originally posted by Netties Hermit
I hearby offcially nominate neno to toss his very manly cowboy hat in the ring (with his choice of party name) for these reasons:
- He has THE BEST I.D. card (and you can pretty much bet that he has punched all those tasks),
- He kinda does remind me of Steve McQueen a bit,
- He likes Aussies, and ...
He's really good at acting curmudgeonly and kicking bar stools He's quite a good debater.
What say you nenothtu?
I accept. The name of the party is to be "The Curmudgeon Party", "Party of One", or "The Write-In Party". I'll leave the specific name up to
the will of The People. Ya'll can vote on it.
1) gay Marriage - I don't care, but it ought to be equalized. I don't think the government should be in the business of saying who CAN and who
CAN'T be married, either way. I don't think the government has any business at all either authorizing some or denying others. Marriage licenses
should not be a matter of government issue or interference at all. At the same time, I don't think government should be conferring any benefits on
the married simply by virture of marriage. That is discriminatory against the unmarried.
2) Abortion - I don't care, but it should be equalized. If a woman takes it upon herself to kill off her offspring, then it's none of my business.
Her contribution to the gene pool is obviously flawed anyhow. It's not a good survival stategy for a species to eat their own young unless those
young are somehow flawed. At the same time, it takes two parents to create a child, and so the father should have some say in their disposal as well
as the mother. If he's not given that say, and she kills them off any way, I support his right to cancel HER birth certificate, assuming that the
initial conception was in compliance with applicable law to begin with.
As a corollary to the equalization, if some psycho kills off his pregnant wife, it should not be legal to charge him with murder in the case of the
child unless the woman in question would have been charged for murder in the course of obtaining an abortion.
3) Drug legalization - I don't care. It's none of my business how someone else chooses to destroy their own world. This stance applies across the
board, for ALL illicit substances, not just fluffy green ones. The only caveat is that in such cases, they should not be allowed to drag children down
with them. if they insist on riding to doom, the kids should be removed and re-homed with people who AREN'T trying to destroy their own private
world. Otherwise, eat, drink, smoke and sniff what you want. it's none of my business.
4) Stay the hell off of my lawn.
5) Economy - needs a re-boot, without centralization. barter needs to be reinitialized as well, as a parallel system in case of the primary failure of
the monetary system. money to be backed by precious metals and jewels and the like, durable items of value, rather than thin air and ill wishes.
6) Foreign Policy - stay the hell out of other countries' business. Be friends, until they start trying to borrow money, or kill you, or in the more
entertaining cases, both.
7) Military expenditures - I believe in a strong military. I am also a "hands-on" kind of guy, and so I am perfectly willing to fold the paper
airplanes for the ATS Air Force (remember that Godzilla picture!) with my own hands.
This is a start, and not intended to be all-inclusive. It will build as it rolls downhill, like a snowball.
Birth certificate will be forthcoming.