The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Anti abortion, but pro choice?

Each state can make its own law?

And what about the women in the wrong state for their choice?

Abortion should be an *individual* choice, not a state choice, therefor, fully legal.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

I think it clear why you no longer hold a Mod position here.

And as for why I resigned as a moderator of ATS, I did so on my own accord.I was not removed from the position by any means. I had wished to pursue other interests, such as running for ATS regent.

Again, peace and love to you and yours and best of luck in your campaign.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I think this above statement says it all.

You reject positions of real responsibility but still seek the bask in the limelight.

If you stepped down as an ATS mod. Why are you seeking to be the ATS Regent?

To me this shows a lack of character and suggests that you are only in it for the fame.

A true Regent would never step down from their appointed duties.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I've been on this site for quite some time now and while we've never had private conversations, I can tell from your posts that you are very consistent in what you believe in and you take what you believe in seriously.

I see the opposition has already resorted to hiring actors for paid endorements.

Shame on you.

If I were an actor you would've seen that coming because I post enough to where people would know whether I'm an actor or not. Shame on you.

You need to learn to read better as well because the first two words of my post were......"So far".

I wasn't endorsing him yet. I was telling him why I'm leaning that way and giving him some, what I think at least is, constructive advice. He seems to be the type of person who can take that. Unlike other people I chat to.

Now, I'm going to take the advice I give to new members and not feed the trolls. I may as well vote for Romney if I keep chatting it up with YOU.

Have a good night.Or day, wherever you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

what about the women in the wrong state for their choice?

They should move or travel out of State.

I'm sure there will be non-profit organizations willing to help individuals who find themselves in that situation.

People who do not support abortion have a right to live in area free from it being imposed upon them.

Most likely there will be many more "pro-life" people relocating than the other way around.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If you stepped down as an ATS mod. Why are you seeking to be the ATS Regent?

I will be happy to answer your question. Again, I stepped down as a mod here at ATS to pursue other interests. You seem to think that ATS mod and ATS regent would be a similar thing. In fact, it is not. The ATS regent has no real power, it is ceremonial. The ATS regent would be a ceremonial advocate for the people.

I stepped down as a mod and am now running for ATS regent, because I feel I can better serve this community in that position. On the side of the people, advocating for the people and supporting the people, rather than being a rule enforcer who has little actual interaction with the community, other than to take action against a rule violation.

I can better serve the ATS community as the Regent of ATS and that is what I intend to do

A true Regent would never step down from their appointed duties.

A true Regent knows where he/she is needed. I am needed in this position and am the best suited for it. I am the best candidate to act as an advocate for the people. I have the most experience and as I have shown time and again, I know the ins and outs of ATS.

A true ATS Regent would never lie about where they stand and would never post knowingly false information in a weak and failed attempt to discredit their opponents. Need I also point out that you haven't exactly been respectful of the rules as laid out by the author of this thread?

For some one who claims to act in the name of the people...You don't seem to have a habit of...Doing as the people ask...You're apparently not even willing to answer the people's questions...And the one thing you finally did tell us, as far as where you stand, had to be dragged out of you, by multiple members wanting to know your answer. Is that the kind of behavior that you think the people really want?

Because you don't really seem to be acting in anyones interest. I stand here and I dare to say, the ATS community wants an honest Regent with integrity.

Ladies and gentleman, you will have that with me. As you have seen not only in my 4 and a half year tenure here on ATS, but also in this thread, I have been honest, accurate, unbiased and civil.

That will never change with me, ladies and gentleman.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oh no ........ News Flash

For those with substance abuse problems. Please seek professional help.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If you do not mind, I would like to ask a question to you, since you are one of the candidates, participating in this thread at the moment.

A general question.

What is your stance on the United States dependence on foreign oil? Do you feel we should stick with it? Start looking into alternative energy?

Why?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Sinny

Oh no ........ News Flash

For those with substance abuse problems. Please seek professional help.

Are you running for Regent?

So far, all I see is this Forums Rush Limbaugh.

Yup.
I compared you to Rush.

That's gotta be rough.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Please notice that I belong to "The Smear Campaign Party".

BTW ...... congratulations

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
All I am saying is we need candidates who will take this seriously. It is an insult to this process and the thread owner to stand around, attack other potential candidates and making a joke of this whole thing.

Is that what you want in an ATS regent? Some one who wont take the position seriously? Some one who can't argue their own points up and can only insult their opponents?

ATS deserves better than that.

Satire has been an invaluable political tool for untold millennia.Indeed, there have been times in human history when the satirical bard or jester have been the only voice the people had against intolerable despots.

I would expect a successful candidate to be cognizant of that fact, and comport himself accordingly. Beheadings of the bards and jesters is unacceptable.

That is all. Carry on.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Gee, I feel sooooo smeared.

At least smear with a more mature age group in mind, would ya?

We're not all 13.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Satire is great, however, I choose to abide by the rules of this election as laid out by the author of this thread. I choose to respect the will of the author of this thread, as any good Regent would do.

Honesty, integrity, civility and truth. This is what you get with me.

I do not have to resort to lies and false accusations in a weak attempt to knock people down. I use my words and my stance on the issues to build myself up.

As I have stated from the beginning, you will get a clean campaign from me and that is what you will get.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

truth
the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
the state or character of being true.
actuality or actual existence.

As I have shown from the start, this is what you get from me. Truth, honestly, sincerity, civility and integrity. I have the experience and know the ins and outs of ATS more so than any other candidate.

Ladies and Gentleman, if you want an honest person, who posts accurately, fairly and with integrity and civility, I am your man. I will let my words and my stance speak for themselves and the will of the people will prevail.

Peace and love

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What a bunch of cry babies.

If you want the TRUTH

The position of ATS Regent is currently a puppet position for TPTB.

I intend to restore the position of ATS Regent to it's full glory.

Vote for me. Because these other guys suck and have no sense of humor

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

LOL! "Impose" *abortion* if your not the one having the abortion, it doesn't impose on your life!

God darn it! The PR group said I had nothing to worr- er- I mean, that's my twin sister, lynsey, she's really off the rails and does not represent, or have any affliation with my party.

We'll all be judged by our *individual merit*

@ Gimme_some_truth, of course America shouldn't be relying on foreign soil, they've had the means of free energy for a very long time. Yet its the oil that makes their patrolium supplies, and potrolium is their 3rd biggest earner next to drugs and other trafficking, also controling the petrolium means they control all countries that rely on it.

We're talking a complete paradigm shift in the world and economy as we know it, but it *is* the only way forward, to change everything, and strip it back to basics.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

@ Gimme_some_truth, of course America shouldn't be relying on foreign soil, they've had the means of free energy for a very long time. Yet its the oil that makes their patrolium supplies, and potrolium is their 3rd biggest earner next to drugs and other trafficking, also controling the petrolium means they control all countries that rely on it.

We're talking a complete paradigm shift in the world and economy as we know it, but it *is* the only way forward, to change everything, and strip it back to basics.

So, how do you propose we move forward and remove our dependence on foreign oil? I do agree that it is time we start looking into alternative energy and investing in that. But how do you propose we do that?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

THAT'S a smear, sure.

If you want the TRUTH

Explain, please. Is this your platform? Expand upon it, please.

First election of any ATS Regent. Restore it's glory to what, now?

You're boring now. Funny left after your first post....which I did star, BTW. Should have stopped there.

Cuhail for _Truth 2012

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

If you want the TRUTH

Vote for me. Because these other guys suck and have no sense of humor

You are the most whinney ass politician I've ever met. Hence the idenity, politician. Welcome home!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

If you were a TRUE Libertarian. You would understand my position on abortion.

In fact you are actually in favor of Big Brother controlling our lives.
edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

This is an international attempt, hence the title Regent.

I'll add you under either party. Just be prepared to debate and answer any questions posed.

I'm just playing host so I'm keeping my opinions to myself.

Wait!

Hold the presses!

If I throw my own hat in the ring, I get to ARGUE with folks?

What's not to like about THAT? It's like, what I DO...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join