The ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS(IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PG. 71)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
So, this is just a popularity contest?

How juvenile.

No, Sir/Maam, it is not.

This has nothing to do with names or popularity. This is all about the issues and that is what we are discussing and debating. The issues.Not each other.

It is well understood to vote for the person that you feel would do the best job, given their stances on the issues.... No one here is voting for who they think has the coolest hair cut.

No election should be a popularity contest, and this, my friend is not a popularity contest. I stand here telling everyone, do not vote based on popularity. Do not vote on name recognition. Read where we stand on the issues and then vote on who you think would do the best job as ATS regent.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So far, you have my vote.

I've been on this site for quite some time now and while we've never had private conversations, I can tell from your posts that you are very consistent in what you believe in and you take what you believe in seriously.

I like your stance on things and I think we would agree on 9 out of ten issues, but you need to keep some perspective here. Things like gay marriage and marijuana legalization are big U.S. issues. You may be able to get that vote, but you might just lose people in other parts of the world who don't have those 'entrees on their plate.

You may or may not know this, but one thing that typical political candidates do is pander to certain groups of people because their numbers are large, and large numbers win elections. Like what Obama just did with the illegal citizens. I'm not the only who see's this so you might want to focus on global issues, oil being a good example as the economy generated from oil is most certainly a global one.

You certainly don't want to be short sighted here, so you might want to look into what the citizens of the world as a whole needs. Not just America.

Australia especially. For some reason there seems to be a lot of registered Aussies here.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I also would like to add that if you feel it's OK to pry into how I would vote on certain issues that you feel are relevant. Then I would like you to answer my questions on the issues that I feel are relevant.

If I answer your questions, are you prepared to answer mine?

Only if you answer first.

link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I've been on this site for quite some time now and while we've never had private conversations, I can tell from your posts that you are very consistent in what you believe in and you take what you believe in seriously.

I see the opposition has already resorted to hiring actors for paid endorements.

Shame on you.

link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

There is a reason that the voting booths have curtains.

My vote is no different than any other vote and should be allowed the same courtesy to remain private.

What right do you have to demand that I reveal my vote pre-election or post-election?

ETA:

I also would like to add that if you feel it's OK to pry into how I would vote on certain issues that you feel are relevant. Then I would like you to answer my questions on the issues that I feel are relevant.

If I answer your questions, are you prepared to answer mine?

edit on 6/17/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

What right do I have to ask you where you stand on the issues? i have every right. This is a political debate. That is what happens in a political debate,you are aware of what happens in political debates, right?

We state where we stand on the issues and the people vote knowing where we stand. That way, the people can see to it, their will is done.

It has been said from the beginning that it is expected of us all to state where we stand, to ask questions of each other and to build a platform for ourselves.

Which is exactly what everyone else is doing. I wonder why you are so hesitant to answer questions on your political stance. Why do you not want the people to know where you stand on the issues?

As I have said from the beginning, I am more than happy to answer questions regarding where I stand on the issues. If you have any questions about where I stand, please ask away. I have nothing to hide.

Again, where do you stand on the issue of Abortion and why? I will answer your questions, after you answer the one question I have been waiting for you to answer, for quite some time now.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Why? What are you trying to hide?

Why can't you just be honest?

As I stated before I will support the choice of the people. Regardless of my personal views.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Read where we stand on the issues and then vote on who you think would do the best job as ATS regent.

So you believe, I promise you it will boil down to popularity. You'll see the same old ATS cliques. Count me out.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by DJW001

As I stated before I will support the choice of the people. Regardless of my personal views.

You still have not answered the question, which is an indicator that it is not them who has something to hide.

I reworded the question for you. If you want to vote for the will of the people, then tell me, what do you believe is the will of the people on the issue of abortion and how would you vote to support their will?

In the mean time, I will continue answering every question that has been given to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with names or popularity. This is all about the issues and that is what we are discussing and debating. The issues.Not each other.

I applaud your stand, Sir, and wholeheartedly agree.

It is well understood to vote for the person that you feel would do the best job, given their stances on the issues.... No one here is voting for who they think has the coolest hair cut.

Again, although I have, without question, the coolest haircut, I applaud your integrity. Unfortunately, the duties of this office are largely ceremonial.

No election should be a popularity contest, and this, my friend is not a popularity contest. I stand here telling everyone, do not vote based on popularity. Do not vote on name recognition. Read where we stand on the issues and then vote on who you think would do the best job as ATS regent.

Hear, hear! Let it be known that the Radical Centrist Party would be willing to form a coalition government with yours should the need arise... which reminds me... is this a parliamentary or "winner take all" style election? Beezer, you haven't exactly laid out the ground rules here....
edit on 17-6-2012 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct a missing letter, --DJW001. Vote Radical Centrist! --DJW001

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

per your request, here is where I stand on the issues you have asked me about.

The Economy:

We have a broken Economy, not just in the US, but in countries all over the world. We cannot point the finger at just one person or entity. In reality, there are a number of factors that got us to where we are today.

Here in the US for example, during after the first major crash of our economy, regulations were put in place to ensure such a thing could never happen again. Slowly, over the years, politicians, interest groups and bankers have stripped away those regulations, making it easier for them to manipulate the economy and line their pockets…Which ended up leading to another crash.

We need to put those regulations back in place. After the 1929 crash, government programs were put in place to prevent a crash in the future. For example, the SEC ( Security Exchange Commission) was created to regulate stocks, bonds and other commissions. The FDIC ( Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) was created to insure crops planted by farmers.

We need to create new programs to create an organization of economic experts who will insure that will pull us out of this recession and put regulations and programs in place to insure that we never have to suffer from another economic crash, again.

This is what I will do, should I be elected.

Foreign Policy:

I stand in a position of non-intervention. We need to keep our hands and troops out of the business of other countries. We are spending massive amounts of money in countries that we do not belong in, when that money could be put back into repairing our damaged economy.

Ron Paul once said "There's nobody in this world that could possibly attack us today... we could defend this country with a few good submarines. If anybody dared touch us we could wipe any country off of the face of the earth within hours. And here we are, so intimidated and so insecure and we're acting like such bullies that we have to attack third-world nations that have no military and have no weapons."

I agree with him. We need to keep our troops home, strengthen our own borders and protect them. We are in a wonderful position to defend out interests and nation right here at home, with out forcing our noses into other peoples business.

World Trade/Free Trade:

Free trade is the answer to many conflicts across the world. I stand in a similar position with Ron Paul on this one as well, in that, for example, it is time to open up trade with Cuba again. You can gain a lot of political and diplomatic influence through free trade.

Also, I am not in favor of trade sanctions. That has never worked. Not in Cuba and not anywhere else. All that has done has put strain on relations and hurt the citizens of those country.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What right do I have to ask you where you stand on the issues? i have every right. This is a political debate. That is what happens in a political debate,you are aware of what happens in political debates, right?

We state where we stand on the issues and the people vote knowing where we stand. That way, the people can see to it, their will is done.

This is a political debate for Regent of ATS. This is not a political debate for US Congress or POTUS.

Your constant need to try to force your opinion of how this debate should be handled is clear. You do not respect the opinions and privacy of others.

You do not get to decide what the issues are in this debate. You are completely mistaken IMO by bringing up the issues you already have.

The position of ATS Regent should also be about ATS issues. NOT just political issues that REAL politicians in REAL election processes are subjected to. I would prefer to focus on the issues that concern ATS

You have taken it upon yourself to define what this should be about and I disagree with you completely. You have already skewed the topics that should can be discussed here.

I think it clear why you no longer hold a Mod position here.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I cannot speak for my Party. We have not yet held our caucus, as specified by the by-laws I am hastily writing. In short, I have no comment.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
am an anarchist dont believe in or need any governments or leaders ...

on that note off to get my morning coffee ...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Okay, be it known that you wish not to answer any questions about your stance on the issues. I will respect your wish not to answer any questions about your stances on anything.

I wish you luck in your run for ATS Regent.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I think it clear why you no longer hold a Mod position here.

And as for why I resigned as a moderator of ATS, I did so on my own accord.I was not removed from the position by any means. I had wished to pursue other interests, such as running for ATS regent.

Again, peace and love to you and yours and best of luck in your campaign.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Hear, hear! Let it be known that the Radical Centrist Party would be willing to form a coalition government with yours should the need arise... which reminds me... is this a parliamentary or "winner take all" style election? Beezer, you haven't exactly laid out the ground rules here....
edit on 17-6-2012 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct a missing letter, --DJW001. Vote Radical Centrist! --DJW001

I too, am not sure of the rules on that one. I would be willing to consider your offer, should it be allowed.

Would you be willing to lay out a basic platform as I have, to help me decide?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I reworded the question for you. If you want to vote for the will of the people, then tell me, what do you believe is the will of the people on the issue of abortion and how would you vote to support their will?

I support the sovereignty of the individual States. Therefore I believe it is up to individual States to set their own policy on abortion. Let the people of each State vote on the issues.

I believe the will of the people is split. Most people do not support the idea of abortion. But many understand that it is necessary sometimes.

I am anti-abortion. But a pro-choice advocate.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I support the sovereignty of the individual States. Therefore I believe it is up to individual States to set their own policy on abortion. Let the people of each State vote on the issues.

I believe the will of the people is split. Most people do not support the idea of abortion. But many understand that it is necessary sometimes.

Does this mean you are willing to answer questions now? Or are you still not welcoming them at this time? Just to clarify. I do not want to ask questions about your stance, if you are still not willing to talk about them.

I will gladly direct my questions else where, if that is the case.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by Sinny

* Bringing all allied troops home.

I don't think the Brits will lets us keep theirs....

* Dissolving negative aspects of the EU

Wouldn't that mean dissolving the entire EU?

* Gradually weed out corrupt peoples in Government and military branches.

I was going to say that mentioning "weed" violates the T+C, but then I thought that to do so might put ME in violation, too, so I won't....

The Brits will return to Britain, the Yanks to the US, the French to France etc..

Remember a perk of the EU is freedom of travel, within our own continent.
The pros and cons should be anylised accordingly.

Of course, the manifesto also supports legalisation of the hemp plant.

Before my party falls into the depths of obscurity, I'd like to re-affim the general objective;

To ensure all important matters are tackled in an effective and ethical, decisive manner.
That the simplest solution is often the best.
That even when we don't always agree on others way of life, they are entitled to live that life as free as the rest of us, and we should all be working toward the same common goal of betterment of the human race.

LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE

edit on 17-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I do wish to point out this post from you, to the people of ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Before, you indicated you have a different belief than I do, about abortion, even going as far as calling me a murderer...Now you are saying that you are pro-choice.

With all due respect, for a person who claims to vote the will of the people, your position sure seems to change a lot.

Ladies and gentleman, you will not get dishonesty from me. I have been civil, straight forward, honest and have acted with integrity and will continue to do so through out this entire campaign and that will not change, should I be elected.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join