It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global UFO sightings are way down from this time last year.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
and this is 2012, the year of something "BIG".

According to MUFON:

Global Sighting Trends•

There are 36895 sightings currently indexed

•Globally the number of sightings are down 65% vs. the previous month.
•Globally the number of sightings are down 46% vs. the previous year.

Link to statistics

So here we are 187 days 17 hours 26 minutes untill Dec. 21st, 2012 and you would think UFO activity would be off the charts, if there were anything to this date. OR maybe the aliens are getting as far away from this planet as they can, I mean with all the doom that is coming and everything.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

you would think UFO activity would be off the charts, if there were anything to this date. OR maybe the aliens are getting as far away from this planet as they can

Lol. Interesting. One of the skeptics arguments is that when some really big event is going to take place or a really good new ET/UFO movie is coming out, people will buy into the hype and see UFOs that aren't anything spectacular. Phillip Klass made a prediction that UFO reports would increase after the release of 'Close Encounters fo the Third Kind'. He was wrong. Perhaps people are more rational then we realize.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Interesting.

S&F for you.

I dont buy into the 2012 mayan theory stuff.(PERIOD)

Mexico's been such a hotbed for UFO activity in the last few years.

Weird also,with more military drones zooming around and new advanced military craft being tested,I would have assumed more?
More people having camereas to.

I also know the hype from some others like "Oh boy,this is gonna be the year"....

Not over yet I guess,huh?
LOL

Im into UFO's and a beleiver.
But one must be carefull what they wish for.

I dont buy into the star childs,or those who want free energy,they can go build a dam or buy solar panels or a bike.

I alway thought also,that soon in some years from now with the high tech stuff we have,we wont be able to tell a UFO from our own stuff thats secret.?

Interesting thread.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

According to MUFON:

Global Sighting Trends•

Link to statistics

So here we are 187 days 17 hours 26 minutes untill Dec. 21st, 2012 and you would think UFO activity would be off the charts, if there were anything to this date. OR maybe the aliens are getting as far away from this planet as they can, I mean with all the doom that is coming and everything.

Its 2012, man! All the aliens, they are hiding out in their bunkers with their sterno and canned beans, waiting for the Mayan Apocalypse to blow over.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Less UFO activity that was reported to this organization...
God, I wonder why people stopped reporting their UFO sightings to this "independent scientific" organization...

edit on 16-6-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Less UFO activity that was reported to this organization...
God, I wonder why people stopped reporting their UFO sightings to this "independent scientific" organization...

edit on 16-6-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Regardless of where they are being reported, sightings are down. IF there were more than last year it would show on Mufon's site, along with others. What you've failed to realize is the point of this thread. Being 2012, it would be logical that sightings would be higher, but they're not.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well maybe they are regrouping and reporting to the mothership or something and then will do a mass landing later this year?
Who knows! Perhaps this year will be the year, perhaps not. One thing I will miss when First Contact does happen is that all those sci fi movies such as Ailens, Star Trek, Close Ecounters, Star Wars, The Day The Earth Stood Still etc will no longer be entertainment but quasi documentaries as such!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

According to MUFON:

Global Sighting Trends•

Link to statistics

Makes sense. When the military is going to blow up something, they pull their troops out of the area.

Oh, well, gooddbye, everybody. I tried to tell you that the rath of the ETs is just as potent as you-know-who.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

And how is this following any specific descending order? If we had to go that logic in another several months it would be 0%. You should not pay attention to these statistics, nor am I promoting calling every light in the sky a UFO

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Don't you know?

With 2012 on the horizon all of our space faring friends are high-tailing it outta here as fast as possible. They don't want to get stuck here when the Nibiru/Repitilian/Annukaki/ Stealth War Ship /Deathstar comes knocking on our doors.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join