It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Fer Crissakes, it ain't no darn tootin UFO! Its a rock!

Wrong, it's a Chinese lantern filled with swamp gas that have caused it to balloon up and fossilize.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom"

LOL what an idiotic headline. I be you wish you could change it by now. Don't jump the gun next time. You wanted to hate and make fun of the UFO topic and ended up a fool. LOLz @ you for this!!!!! Now take it like a human... hahahahaha

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Has anybody seen this from disclosure TV. Very interesting view of the object.
www.disclose.tv...-dniM-AXnc.facebook

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

"Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom" LOL what an idiotic headline. I be you wish you could change it by now. Don't jump the gun next time. You wanted to hate and make fun of the UFO topic and ended up a fool. LOLz @ you for this!!!!! Now take it like a human... hahahahaha
reply to post by The Coward

The op was keeping with the T&C it was the headline of the story he linked to. And typing

LOLz @ you for this!!!!! Now take it like a human... hahahahaha
only makes you look the fool.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jak1682
reply to post by newcovenant

www.digitaljournal.com...

came across this article about ufo in baltic sea.

Really interesting. This might not be a mushroom after all. You know this is going to drive everyone already convinced this is a UFO completely bonkers? Looking forward to the activity! Really weird news that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
"Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom"

LOL what an idiotic headline. I be you wish you could change it by now. Don't jump the gun next time. You wanted to hate and make fun of the UFO topic and ended up a fool. LOLz @ you for this!!!!! Now take it like a human... hahahahaha

I like your name. Seems to suit you. Next time I will still go with the title of the story since the story and nothing else is what I am posting. I have seen a triangle UFO. I am here because I believe in UFO's so not a hater. As far as the rest...count the stars and flags. I'll take 'em.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Has anybody seen this from disclosure TV. Very interesting view of the object.
www.disclose.tv...-dniM-AXnc.facebook

No, but I will and you have to check the link put up 2 posts above this post, digital journal from jak1682.

Holy crap...Kinda scary....!
edit on 26-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this discovery sounds delicious, they should charge $1,000 per alien-shroom-burger

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

wow, hadn't seen that first one yet.
this whole thing just keeps getting odder.

-obligatory mushroom joke, probably involving plumbers-

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Cut it up and eat it.... It might be one of them there "good" mushrooms.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ain't nothin' but a giant weather balloon surrounded by tremendous swamp gas.

Once they cut it, it will explode into one giant extraterrestrial fart.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty

The op was keeping with the T&C it was the headline of the story he linked to. And typing

LOLz @ you for this!!!!! Now take it like a human... hahahahaha
only makes you look the fool.

If he really wanted to keep up with the T&C he should have asked the mods to change the headline. Cause it ain't no "mushroom", OK!!!

And yes, that is what you get for trying to make fun out of something you don't understand. At this point we still don't know what it is, so it is unidentified. To say it is a giant mushroom is to be more than a fool!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
leading theory at the moment is that its a man made structure due to the 90 degree angles and other factors leading researchers to believe its a submarine bear trap of sorts

most of the metal structures have corroded away and what your left with is the concrete like base of the structure

others say its sampo from finnish mythology

ps , its a Unidentified Submerged Object not UFO
edit on 27-6-2012 by zerbot565 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Ocean X team Peter Limbriughs Facebook statement, well it was a impromptu question and answer session:

Hello friends, I have not written anything here in a while, can maybe be explained by the fact that I have really been out there… I will drop you some of my believes:

1. I do not believe that the circle is a wreckage of an flying craft from WWII till recent time (or from some thousands of year back for that matter).

2. I do not believe the circle is a wreckage of any kind of known floating vessels from the past or from modern time.

3. I do not believe the circle is a construction made by someone after the ice age (submarine bases etc included).

4. I do believe the surface of the circle is made of mineral.

5. I do believe that the surface looks like concrete through the ROV camera but I do not believe it’s made of concrete.

6. I do believe that the very strait lines and angular formations we can see on the side scan sonar image from last year really exists. The odd thing is that I thought, before this expedition that when we could get close these shapes maybe should appear not being so straight as on the side scan sonar image, in reality they are even straighter! It really looks like constructed parts on the circle.

7. I do believe it might have been volcanic activity in the area and even on (or in) the circle after the ice age, or before, but then it do not fit with what we know about the ice age.

8. I do believe that the circle “rests” on top of what looks like an pilar of rock, raising approx 8 meters above the surrounding bottom. The circle it self appears to be approx 4 meters thick. In other words, the top of the circle raises 12 meters above the surrounding bottom.

9. I do believe we must find out on the next expedition if the circle and the pillar are fixed in one piece or if they are separated in some way.

10. I do believe that the path, or the track, is a ridge raising slowly up from the bottom to a height of approx 8 meters above the surrounding bottom. I also believe that the ridge is made of softer material than the pillar and the circle.

“What I do not believe because I know, is the fact that we found a round hole approx 25 cm in diameter going straight into the surface of the circle, how odd is not that? How deep? No idea, we just saw it for some seconds before we decided to back off to preserve the visibility for the divers that was going down later on. They did not find the hole though. It might be some more holes, at this moment we do not know.” – Well some comments on that before I continue with some more believes. Cheers

edit on 28-6-2012 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I hate to say what no one wants to hear, I honestly wanted it to be E.T. too! But it does look suspiciously like an old geothermal acidic spring. Think 'Yellowstone Mud Pots'. Even down to the giant Meringue on top and the straight/right angle lines across the main portion. What does mud look like when it dries? I cant explain the 'skid marks' unless that area was down wind of the geothermal area back when that piece of land was above ground. I cant wait to see what the second anomaly shows us!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There was actually a pretty funny troll on discussions, one guy called the Peter lindbergh, "Mushroom Man". And showed a photoshop of his image standing ontop of a mushroom. It was pretty hilarious.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
2012-07-24

The Ocean X Team returned with Ancylus to shore this Saturday.

After the expedition there are still a lot of questions that needs answers.
So the crew are planning more trips with the Ancylus in the future to try and solve the mystery.

On the last trip they managed to acquire samples from the unexplainable object.
The samples has been sent to analysis and as soon as we get the results, we will provide more info here.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosewylder
I hate to say what no one wants to hear, I honestly wanted it to be E.T. too! But it does look suspiciously like an old geothermal acidic spring. Think 'Yellowstone Mud Pots'. Even down to the giant Meringue on top and the straight/right angle lines across the main portion. What does mud look like when it dries? I cant explain the 'skid marks' unless that area was down wind of the geothermal area back when that piece of land was above ground. ..

Exactly, this is surely the explanation. The hole the diver mentions sounds like a natural hole, namely as a vent for underground matter pushing upwards.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Looks like the mushroom is a rock.

Yahoo news

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Brüchert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm University. Swedish tabloids quote Brüchert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many thousands of years ago." In other words, an expert appears to back up their claims that this seafloor object is unexplained, and perhaps is an Atlantis-like ancient building complex. To double check, Life's Little Mysteries consulted that expert. Turns out, neither he, nor any of the other experts contacted about the Baltic Sea object, think there is anything mysterious about it. "It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Brüchert wrote in an email. "What has been generously ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses and sandstones." These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is — a region carved out by glacial ice long ago. Along with the mundane rocks, the divers also gave him a single loose piece of basaltic rock, a type of rock that forms from hardened lava. This is out of place on the seafloor, but not unusual. "Because the whole northern Baltic region is so heavily influenced by glacial thawing processes, both the feature and the rock samples are likely to have formed in connection with glacial and postglacial processes," he wrote. "Possibly these rocks were transported there by glaciers."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join