It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
'like a mushroom' NOT mushroom, gt damn misleading title

Yes.
The rock pile is at the bottom of the Baltic Sea. That part is accurate.

I have yet to see where there are any witnesses to the rock pile doing any 'flying', so not a UFO.

No evidence that it is a mushroom, or even a bracket fungus, for that matter.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by IIILoserIII

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I think they were actually referring to the smoothness and consistency of the round shape.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Agreed. On the official facebook-group somone posted this picture which I found rather nice,
even though I don't think it portraits the anomaly 100%.

With so much silt down there who knows how much is under the bottom too.
Still just kinda out there like Ayers Rock.
www.crystalinks.com...

Except Ayers Rock doesn't have a 900 foot runway leading up to it.

Probably a 900 foot "glacial gouge" in substrate. (Now that doesn't sound nearly as "sexy" as a "flying alien mushroom rock, gracefully landing on its custom-alien built runway", but whatever.

And that "rock circle" looks just like a bunch of rocks. Could it be that they just happened to me above the bigger "erratic" when the glacier melted? (No Neanderthals in deep sea Scuba gear, roasting a goat to the big alien mushroom spaceship god.)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Here's a google translation of a Swedish news article:

The circle on the bottom of the Baltic became a world first when it was discovered a year ago - now thickens the mystery.
Express can now publish exclusive pictures from the first dive at the item - at 85 meters depth.
- We were there to find answers, but only got even more issues, says Stefan Hogeborn, 47, one of the divers from Ocean X Team, which investigated the circle on the bottom of the Baltic.

Email
On June 11 last year went nine professional divers on the Baltic Sea to locate shipwrecks. The divers ran in zigzag back and forth over a large area to search for a number of specific wrecks - when a large, round formation showed up on their scanner screen. They examined the object closely and what they found puzzled the whole world.
Some of Sweden's leading researchers in marine archeology saw the first pictures from the circle that was taken with the so-called sonar, a scanner tool, but no one could answer what the pictures depicted.
Raises more questions
The mysterious discovery spread in the media worldwide, such as CNN reported on the Baltic Sea Mystery. So far no pictures from diving in the circle published.
Now Express - the first newspaper - publish the first pictures from the dive at the mysterious object. A dive that was supposed to provide answers to the mystery - but instead brought even more questions.
Stefan Hogeborn has 20 years experience of diving and working as underwater photographer and dive instructor. Here he describes the first dive at the world famous circle in the Baltic Sea:
- The first thing we will see is some kind of rock formation that looks to be cast in cement, he said.
When they swim further, they see several rock formations.
- It looks almost like a pearl necklace or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with an inch-sized rocks on the ocean floor.
The furnace-like rock formations on top of that which constitutes the large circle that was discovered with a scanner tool last year. Divers images shows that the circle in turn consist of several blocks formed by "rolls" or "mushrooms" that is attached to each other, forming the circle. Overall, the object is 60 meters long and about as wide.
- When we had swum across the object, we get to the weird thing. Then it's like someone has pinched the mountain at the edge, as if you have breathed together two molds, and it sticks out between stone formers, said Stefan Hogeborn.
"Probably sandstone"
At the next dive, they took a sledgehammer to dislodge a piece of material. Stefan Hogeborn describes the sense of carbonized material. During the last dive divers discover an oblong hole in one and a half times the six inches that go into one of the rocks which form the circle.
- I have never, ever, ever, seen anything like it, says Stefan Hogeborn.
Expressen has let Martin Jakobsson, a professor of marine geology and geophysics at the University of Stockholm, see an image from the dive.
- There is probably some kind of sandstone. When you look at the structure, it looks like it, he says.
The samples from the discovery of the Baltic Sea has been sent for analysis.

www.expressen.se...

The mushroom-shaped sandstone (probably) formation is apparently sitting atop the so-called Baltic Sea "UFO" or is a part of it. The "mushroom-shaped" formation is not the entire object....as explained above with these words:

"- The first thing we will see is some kind of rock formation that looks to be cast in cement, he said.
When they swim further, they see several rock formations.
- It looks almost like a pearl necklace or that someone has tried to make a fireplace with an inch-sized rocks on the ocean floor.
The furnace-like rock formations on top of that which constitutes the large circle that was discovered with a scanner tool last year. Divers images shows that the circle in turn consist of several blocks formed by "rolls" or "mushrooms" that is attached to each other, forming the circle. Overall, the object is 60 meters long and about as wide.
- When we had swum across the object, we get to the weird thing. Then it's like someone has pinched the mountain at the edge, as if you have breathed together two molds, and it sticks out between stone formers, said Stefan Hogeborn.
"Probably sandstone"

It seems like the reporting on the early progress of the exploration is still in that foggy stage of ambiguity and lack of context.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
knew it gnomes are much bigger than we thought they would be....very strange I hope we know soon what this is...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

agreed,lets hope more information surfaces

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I think its just an ancient kiln...sure looks the shape and the size is right.

shrugs

Ro

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
An update:

Even more odd for a seemingly natural formation, the main object is disc-shaped and “appears to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it,” Lindberg said. “There are also straight edges.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Mushroom "shape" does not mean mushroom.

I really would love this to be something like a UFO or ancient city, but I'm not seeing this yet.

Some people may not know this, but there is a second anomaly a few hundred meters away from the first one:

If they had only showed us the second anomaly, would we be excited at all?

Also, many people are saying there is a glide path or ramp leading to the first anomaly:

But what about all the other lighter material present in the image above, conveniently ignored, highlighted by the green boxes?

truthfall.com...
doubtfulnews.com...
www.disclose.tv...

edit on 17-6-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

I didn't Know about a second anomaly. Thanks a lot man.
edit on 22-6-2012 by theitalian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Whatever it is it may have interfered with electrical systems

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For argument's sake, "IF" it is some sort of wreckage, wouldn't there be layers and layers of sediment, or clay, that would have encrusted it? What if it had been down there for a very long time? That would explain the "mushroom" appearance.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There is a new article today in a Swedish newspaper where one of the divers says the object looks like a flying saucer lying upside down. He says he was almost certain that there had to be a natural explanation at the beginning of the expedition, but having seen the object with his own eyes he is now having sleepless nights wondering about what they have found. They even tried to remove samples from the object for later examination, but the tools they used were not up for the task - the object is made of a very hard material.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by defjam

Is there an English version of this newspapers? The link you posted is all Sweedish.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by defjam

yet other articles say they broke off limestone. and had a piece to test..may be an idea to wait this one out rather speculate wildly.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

open it in chrome and it will auto translate for you

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by defjam

Is there an English version of this newspapers? The link you posted is all Sweedish.

I am too lazy to translate the whole of it, but the basic stuffs in the article are, that at first, Dennis, one of the leaders of the investigaton from the get-go, at first thought that it was a Meteorite. Now, however, he says he is "terribly uncertain", and adds that "It could be a forgotten town or a Submarine, but what says that it has not come from "outside" ".

It has also been concluded from tests taken from the surrounding bottom around the object, that the area around the formation have been exposed to something very, very hot, just like a Meteorite or Volcano.

He adds that the purpose with the third diving, is to finally manage to take samples from the object with special tools, as previous attempts to do so have been unsuccessful, as the material was way too hard to break through and looks like it is made of either stone or concrete.

Martin Jakobsson, Professor in Marine Geology and Geophysics at the University of Stockholm, says that a manmade building cannot be ruled out, but that he is leaning further towards a geoological natural formation.

Well, that's about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Considering the fact that mushroom spores can survive in a vacuum, it is actually possible that it is of extraterrestrial origin...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by defjam

It doesnt really say anything new, except one thing I didnt know - has there been TWO separate dives? I only thought they went down there once since discovering it...
edit on 25-6-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

That's what I thought also. I could have sworn I heard of only 1 dive so far.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

www.digitaljournal.com...

came across this article about ufo in baltic sea.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jak1682

www.digitaljournal.com...

came across this article about ufo in baltic sea.

Fer Crissakes, it ain't no darn tootin UFO! Its a rock!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join