It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Everyone is excited and focused on the mushroom. All the while the other anomoly is actually an ancient alien spacecraft crash site that we will never investigate because it does not look like a star wars spaceship on sonar lol.

Everyone knows the ET bodies are in the second crash site

Here's a clearer image of the large oval shaped whatever they found:

Interesting site to be sure.

Yes, but where is that "mushroom" in proximity to this?

As I understand it, the first pic is a partial of the 'mushroom' shape in sandstone. The lower picture is at the top of the 'mushroom' and you are looking down a hole, or better still, a crater.

Kevin Åsberg "Those stones or whatever it is, it is ONTOP of the anomaly, its not the actual 60m big anomaly..
"
edit on 17-6-2012 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I thought they originally thought the object was metallic?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
"*Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom "

10 to 13 ft is a lot for so heavy a object, amazing

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IIILoserIII

Originally posted by Char-Lee

I think they were actually referring to the smoothness and consistency of the round shape.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

Agreed. On the official facebook-group somone posted this picture which I found rather nice,
even though I don't think it portraits the anomaly 100%.

With so much silt down there who knows how much is under the bottom too.
Still just kinda out there like Ayers Rock.
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Cool rock...what a waste of money, time and energy.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by conar
"*Object is raised about 10 to 13ft above seabed and curved at the sides like a mushroom "

no where did i see an image, at any angle which shows that this 60' diameter mushroom shaped head is raised off the seafloor by any particular stem or pedistal base...

perhaps the smooth, 60' dome shaped top is supported underneath by a 45' pedistal base and invokes the image of a mushroom profile

i seen balancing rocks in the desert SW of America where a large, weathered, smooth-ish boulder sits atop a miniscule mound of rock

until wide area panoramas are posted of this unique formation...i go with the idea that the group of the treasure hunters are embellishing the scenery/landscape/topography/architecture

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by conar

no where did i see an image, at any angle which shows that this 60' diameter mushroom shaped head is raised off the seafloor by any particular stem or pedistal base...

perhaps the smooth, 60' dome shaped top is supported underneath by a 45' pedistal base and invokes the image of a mushroom profile

i seen balancing rocks in the desert SW of America where a large, weathered, smooth-ish boulder sits atop a miniscule mound of rock

until wide area panoramas are posted of this unique formation...i go with the idea that the group of the treasure hunters are embellishing the scenery/landscape/topography/architecture

I think many readers are simply not comprehending their descriptions well.

I think they just saying the round is 13 ish ft tall. It is round like a puffball mushroom...it is NOT a puffball mushroom..it is shaped like a nice smooth round with some rocks on the top some of which resembled fire pits to them...they are not saying that they are firepits...with something resembling soot on them...they are not saying it is soot, just some black stuff around these "fire pit looking areas".

Great description really if you look at these...

www.google.com... 759

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Do we really need to see one of your moobs in your avatar? That is a giant mushroom!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Weather balloon 1947 springs to mind!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I miss the ignore button.

Good post!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by Imtor

You are aware that mushrooms, the fruit you see above, is only the fruit and the entire organism is under ground, right?

for instance

The largest living organism ever found has been discovered in an ancient American forest.

The Armillaria ostoyae, popularly known as the honey mushroom, started from a single spore too small to see without a microscope. It has been spreading its black shoestring filaments, called rhizomorphs, through the forest for an estimated 2,400 years, killing trees as it grows. It now covers 2,200 acres (880 hectares) of the Malheur National Forest, in eastern Oregon.

The outline of the giant fungus stretches 3.5 miles (5.6 kilometres) across, and it extends an average of three feet (one metre) into the ground. It covers an area as big as 1,665 football fields.

www.independent.co.uk...

It's not like it's one big giant cap.

Ok, I take it back. This was a good post, sorry man.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

Everyone is excited and focused on the mushroom. All the while the other anomoly is actually an ancient alien spacecraft crash site that we will never investigate because it does not look like a star wars spaceship on sonar lol.

Everyone knows the ET bodies are in the second crash site

Here's a clearer image of the large oval shaped whatever they found:

Interesting site to be sure.

Yes, but where is that "mushroom" in proximity to this?

As I understand it, the first pic is a partial of the 'mushroom' shape in sandstone. The lower picture is at the top of the 'mushroom' and you are looking down a hole, or better still, a crater.

Kevin Åsberg "Those stones or whatever it is, it is ONTOP of the anomaly, its not the actual 60m big anomaly..
"

I'm reading in other sites what people have to say and I'm just not seeing the same questions raised in this thread. The sonar image and this new one look nothing alike. Not even close. Those perimeter rocks "ontop" of the anomaly do not show in the sonar. The structure in the sonar looks like large building blocks laid out. The latest image is nothing of the sort.

Why isn't anyone questioning this?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I think it is because after researching you find that side scan sonar does not show you what an object looks like at all.

They got the shape, not any details from it. I think some people do not realize the nice straight lines on the sonar are not there in reality and any dark or light object is just a shape could be an innie or an outie too.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This would seem like the most logical answer but I'm not buying it. Million(s) dollar equipment can not be that inaccurate.

Here, look at the detail.

Especially this last one.

Lots of detail except for the third one just to be devil's advocate.
Now look again

wtf?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

They haven't released all the images/videos yet...so there may be more pics/video of this thing that are closer to the original scan that we just haven't seen yet. Just gonna have to wait it seems...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'll wait until the results come back from the samples they took.
Either way, it's still a great find.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From the article -

Clarification: The headline of the initial version of this story gave the impression that the Baltic Sea anomaly is an actual mushroom. The story correctly quoted the on-site investigators who described the submerged object appearing like a mushroom. As this story progresses and analysis is conducted on samples of the undersea object, updates will be forthcoming.

Wonder what the old headline was. I wonder, because nothing in the article lead me to believe it was ever thought to be an actual mushroom.

The Skeptic's Method -
1. Read Headline
2. Ignore Data
3. Report "Findings"

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IIILoserIII

I think they were actually referring to the smoothness and consistency of the round shape.

Agreed. On the official facebook-group somone posted this picture which I found rather nice,
even though I don't think it portraits the anomaly 100%.

With so much silt down there who knows how much is under the bottom too.
Still just kinda out there like Ayers Rock.
www.crystalinks.com...

Except Ayers Rock doesn't have a 900 foot runway leading up to it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I remember reading that they claimed there was a long trench leading up to it.
Perhaps the mushroom is mobile? *rolls eyes*
Limbo

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
'like a mushroom' NOT mushroom, gt damn misleading title

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join